IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 8 years ago

Dan Aykroyd custom callouts would be awesome. He's the only one to even consider (Bill Murray's sleepy voice wouldn't work for pinball)

It's very hard trying to tell the players rules of a game using static dialog. And many classic lines in movies are mumbled, spoken over sound FX, or have other issues.

I hope spending coin on actors is something Stern gets back into.

ADDED: Ghostbusters 2 is garbage. I've tried many times to enjoy the film - can't. Still... wish the new one was "in continuity" such as the women start a Ghostbusting franchise.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My biggest fear is that the rumors are true, and that they really are making a pin based on the 1984 film.

Regardless of how you liked the movie, a 1984 GB pin WILL PRINT MONEY.

I can't wrap my brains around people wanting a pin based off a 65 year old grandma acting sexy, but a new Elvira will also PRINT MONEY.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Hard to believe a guy who loves hacking controllers so much didn't like Ghostbusters 2.

NESAdvantageController.jpg

Yeah that scene is hella stupid.

#113 8 years ago

I'm just glad we got our AMH game done and dusted before having to go up against a Stern GB.

#173 8 years ago

Pretty sure part 2's theme song was "On Our Own" by Bobby Brown. I actually like that part of the movie.

Probably one of the worst things in 2 was Bill Murray clearly wasn't interested and basically made a romantic comedy with Sigourney Weaver while the other 3 guys made a crappy remake of the first movie.

#191 8 years ago

Meatloaf: Pin Out of Hell or GTFO.

1 month later
#277 8 years ago

The chances of Stern making a Ghostbusters based off the remake are about as likely as Al Gore becoming a spokesperson for VW.

1 month later
#338 8 years ago

There is 0.000000000% chance Stern would base Ghostbusters off the reboot.

Aside from some head scratches (WWE) they really do know their audience.

#433 8 years ago

Hey! All both pinball machines containing Ernie Hudson have been done by John Trudeau! This clearly proves the moon landing was a hoax.

Stern's gonna have a heck of a year in 2016!

#438 8 years ago

Also a good time to ask, has any actor besides Harrison Ford made it onto 4 pinball machines yet?

Arnold would have with Predator, Ian McKellan is at 3, as is Gary Oldman...

2 weeks later
#804 8 years ago

I continue to find amusement in the fact some people still think this will be based off the new movie.

From a company that just made a pinball about a band that's been irrelevant since 1979.

For a demographic that is almost entirely 35-60 year old men.

#815 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Say the new movie is a blockbuster run away hit, fresh and funny, do you think there is a chance pinsiders might wish Stern based the pin on the new cast or still happy it was the old cast?
Ghostbusters2.png
Ghostbusters2a.jpg

Even if the new movie is good (will probably just be a remake of same damn story see Star Wars) it will never have the cache and nostalgia of the original.

Really only one remake of classic 80s has even been successful, The Karate Kid, and who even gives a toss about that one?

#823 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Don't forget about 21 Jump Street. :p

Was a show, not a movie. But good point!

#862 8 years ago

The Thing and The Fly were remakes, but based off barely remembered source material. Heck, I Am Legend had two movies before the Wil Smith version. Can you name them?

It's great when they remake movies that didn't quite work the first time. That's taking an idea and trying to achieve it's full potential.

But lately they only remake classics that for the most part had nothing wrong with them. And some movies are remakes disguised as sequels (Jurassic World, Creed, Ep7)

I really wish they'd make a new Logan's Run. That's a movie whose concept has become more relevant as time goes by, the original wasn't that great, thus great remake potential!

#880 8 years ago

Both the Robocop and Total Recall remakes were perfectly fine as movies (and had great casts!) They just didn't need to exist.

#907 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What about the Judge Dredd remake? I really liked it!

Yes great example. Not done well the first time, remake gets it right!

John Carter was good but took forever to get moving. Lone Ranger was a good movie trapped in an overly long one.

#955 8 years ago

GB is such a strong license they could put an alphanumeric in it and still sell.

When they do go color, expect it on a game that might need a little extra kick in the pants.

#1046 8 years ago

That game was great! (on 8 bit computers) I feel sorry for the Angry Video Game Nerd only every playing the NES version.

The title screen played the song as a chiptune, but you can tap SPACE any time to make it say "GHOSTBUSTERS" in crappy PCM speech.

#1240 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Love it.
"I'd never buy a machine until I've played it!"
"The pre-buy format is dead!"
"The days of buying a machine sight unseen are over!"
GHOSTBUSTERS??! .......I'M IN!!

And after GB...

"I'd never buy a machine until I've played it!"
"The pre-buy format is dead!"
"The days of buying a machine sight unseen are over!"
ELVIRA 3??! .......I'M IN!!

1 month later
#3359 8 years ago

Every 1980's movie reboot has failed, with the exception of Karate Kid. They are NOT a safe bet, if anything, one of the worst bets to make (unless they involve superheroes) NOBODY WANTS THESE FILMS.

Anyone paying attention should have noticed that it's the in-continuity "soft reboots" that are working. (Creed, Jurassic World, Force Awakens, Mad Max) They basically make the original movie over again (a remake) but do it using a younger generation (like Creed's son, or Rey) with as many original actors as possible.

I agree TFA was just a Ep4 remake (way too much of one, way too safe) but it still can't be compared to new GB because TFA isn't trying to say the old movies "don't matter".

The trailer has a masterful line where Han Solo says "The stories are true - all of them" What he's actually saying is YOUR CHILDHOOD WAS REAL and that's why the movie went over like gangbusters. Embracing childhood, not pissing on it. Anyone who actually lived back in the 80's knows what a Big Deal the original movie was.

Ghostbusters should be the same way. Maybe the tales of the original GB are legend, nobody believes in ghosts anymore, so some women start up a franchise and meet the old team along the way. Maybe all ghosts HAVE been busted, and they're out of a job, but then some new threat shows up and the fat old geezers come out of mothballs to train a new team.

My biggest issue with reboots is we're creating a generation of content with nothing new. What if all movies in the 80's were remakes of 1950's films? Would we be salivating over an upcoming "African Queen" pinball machine instead of GB? In 20 years we'll be nostalgic for nostalgia = cultural bankruptcy. And yes, I know a couple awesome 80's movies WERE remakes, but they were from obscure sources.

#3427 8 years ago

I bring up Karate Kid simply because it succeeded $$$ while every other 80's reboot has failed.

I think BTTF would be a good remake (or sequel) because the difference in life and social interaction between now and 1985 is astronomically greater than 1985 to 1955, thus it has better story and character development potential.

Like Logan's Run, the theme has become more relevant with time.

#3464 8 years ago

Back to the Future 2 is leagues better than Ghostbusters 2. Maybe that's why?

#3468 8 years ago

Good sequels take concept and characters and expand upon them.

Bad sequels just remake the first movie.

BTTF2, for all its flaws, falls in the former category, while GB2 is the latter.

Also the ending of GB2 is garbage. They spend the entire sequence laying on the floor. Lame.

#3486 8 years ago

I have to say, been enjoying the exchange rate being an American in New Zealand.

Everything is 1/3rd off!

1 week later
#3962 8 years ago

First rule of marketing to women: Never use very attractive women (unless it's a shampoo commercial)

This goes for movies as well. It's why Sandra Bullock or Meg Ryan work really well in romantic comedies, but Katherine Heigl and Jessica Alba never catch on.

RE: Fury Road, it had a bunch of hot babes because they were PART OF THE STORY. A warlord collecting the "best specimens" to breed with.

I still am against this reboot. A line in the sand that should not have been crossed. Think of it this way: Because this movie (that nobody besides Sony stockholders asked for) got made, 2 smaller, edgier, riskier films (like Deadpool or The Matrix) are NOT being made.

#3991 8 years ago

What are the chances this pinball machine will be at TPF?

#4076 8 years ago

Seems like it would be announced once Stern recaps all their games to the present. Makes the most sense?

How many titles left to recap * frequency = GB reveal date.

#4361 8 years ago

The discussion on whether or not GB will have an LCD is fairly moot.

It will sell like hotcakes even if the display is a whiteboard with a dry erase marker hanging on a string.

#4366 8 years ago

I wouldn't dismiss Aerosmith. They're more mainstream than Metallica and have a lot more classic, recognizable songs than AC/DC (who, let's face it, have 1)

Biggest issue is their most well-known modern album is mostly slow power ballads set to pole-dancing 17 year olds that wouldn't really fit pinball that well.

2 weeks later
#5688 8 years ago

I see wine bottles on the Slimer cab. That's good. It means he's being presented in the same context as the original movie, and not the cartoon where he was a character "for the kids"

Stern is going to make MAD MONEY with this game. Notice how nobody cares about the DMD now?

#5953 8 years ago

If you look closely, the pin inside GB HQ is even the correct one from the movie (Stern Star Gazer)

Awesome attention to detail! Better than Sony and their inability to count scientists and years between 1984 and 2016.

1 month later
#10960 8 years ago

I made this for my SS. It's an anti-airball target. Has a slight indent and curvature to bias the ball down instead of up.

Played Hilton's new pro at Alt Brewing last night and there are indeed some wicked airballs off those Scoleri brothers targets.

When my GB shows up I may try designing such a part for it as well (though you'd lose the sticker image)

IMG_20160422_134905401_(resized).jpgIMG_20160422_134905401_(resized).jpg

#11099 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Adobe Illustrator: Edit > Check Spelling...

Doesn't work once you've converted text to paths, which I'd assume they do when they start manipulating characters and adding effects.

1 week later
#11999 7 years ago

I ain't afraid of no magnet slings!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=benheck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.