IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zora.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12111 7 years ago

Playing the Pro at a distributor, I noticed that the playfield shows a lot of dimples even after 2 days in work, which means that the playfield wood seems very soft. A macrolon playfield protector should make sense in this case. Any idea how the protector might influence the magnetic strength of the magna slings? Would there be a noticable lower effect? I would not expect it, because the magnet works through the wood, so the thin macrolon should not significantly influence the magnet, but I am not sure. Any experience from other pins in this regard?

3 months later
#16642 7 years ago

I own a GB LE. The right PKE ramp is so steep, that I cannot manage shooting the ball from the left flipper, when the ball is not moving before the shot and lies kept on the left flipper. I seems that the shooting ancle from the left is far worse compared to a backhanding from the right flipper.

I have adjusted the coil power to low, could that be a reason? Do you have similar experiences?

#16721 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Does anyone know how to light the multipliers with the left captive ball?
The 'Light Playfield Multipliers' has been lit many times, and I will hit 2-3 balls and the multipliers dont light. In fact, I dont think I have ever lit the multipliers off that left captive ball thing. Is there a time limit in which you need to hit them?

I had the same problem last night. I have not found anything in this regard in the current rulesheets. I achieved receiving a double count multiplier with the left captive balls (but not together with the triple multiplier). But when the blue light "Multipliers" is lit that does not necessarily means that you get it. I think you must activate the left scoop before or you must light up the "Multipliers" by hitting the 3 stand up Targets left before you shoot the first captive ball.

Does anybody know that for sure? Would be of interest for me as well.

#16723 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep happend already to me, not working as (i think) it must works !?
than not sure its just bugging sometimes (why ?) with the switches there, i already make few complete turns of 3 balls and get nothing...

Yes, you get nothing, if nothing has been lit before. Therefore you need to light something shooting the 3 standups left. For the first ball the storage facility MB is lit automatically and you can get it by shooting 2 balls in the left captive balls. But after completing the first 3 captive balls the question is how to proceed. My understanding is that you need to light the 3 standups (and thus a new light in the captives) before you start shooting the captive balls. But I am not sure.

#16726 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

sounds ok
but once 1 of the 3 (lets forget add-a-ball in this case) insert is lit, you kick 1 shot at captive, that insert start blinking, you complete the round, and than nothing happend... at the moment seems bugging to me, doesnt think its linked with the 3 standup there

In this case seems strange to me. Perhaps I try the different cases with glass off.

1 week later
#16907 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Flippers seem overpowered(even on low setting), thought this may help a bit and like the way it looks with them level with rail rather than drooping down. I think the gap when lowered now is a bit less than previous.

Where can you adjust teh flipper strength? I think not separately. On the general coil power adjustment?

1 week later
#17101 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I asked in a new thread yesterday if the PKE right ramp is meant to be so punishing, but no replies yet.
Took to it this morning, removed it and noticed the guide plate ( from the terror dog post to ramp) didnt share the same radius as the ramp, plus it didnt taper & feed into the ramp, but angled so the ball Rattles up mine instead of flowing up , it always catches the rivet at the top and stops, very frustrating.
I took a bit of the inside edge of the ramp, bent the ball guide so its round like the radius and elongated the mounting holes so its now flush with the plastic covering it.
Guess what, shots like a dream, no more spook central or gozer mode annoying rejects from clean shots, super smooth!
Game on!

I have the same problem with the right ramp, but I am not quite sure that I understand what you did for solving the issue. I thought of adjusting the flipper fingers itself to more downwards (which is discussed as a solution), but possibly that's not necessary. Could you describe a bit more detailed or with a picture what you exactly adjusted?

Thanks

Eckhard

#17103 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Hey Eckhard, no problem.
My simple sketch might help, I did not take before, only after pictures..
I removed a little bit of ramp plastic to make the smooth metal curve possible .
Good luck!

I check that tonight with my ramp. Thanks a lot for the picture, appreciated!

#17108 7 years ago

I need no punishment from a pin in my life, I have other sources for that. If you can't make the PKE ramp when you have a fixed ball on your left flipper that is a Design Mistake for me. And what is certainly correct is the wrong Shooting angle from the left. The right outlane should have been designed more narrow which would have allowed to Build a "normal" Right ramp.

Just my attitude to this Design element.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zora.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=Zora and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.