IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

281 posts in this topic match your search for posts by TheLaw. You are on page 1 of 2.
#96 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't like the GB film period.

Yeah, 1984 known to be a shitty year for movies

#118 8 years ago

I actually know a few people "that know a few people" and they've told me it's not GS, but HD that'll be coming out next. Both 1984, a horrible year for movies, so that's probably were people getting mixed up.
What the fuck is a Chinese downhill indeed ! (#17 rated R movie of 1984)

HDTM.jpgHDTM.jpg

#139 8 years ago

GBII was pretty bad. Hard to follow up the first, but impossible to take on it's own.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You need to be covered with positively charged slime.

Well i just pumped a load in my wife, guess it didn;t work

3 months later
#653 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

With a standard sized backglass like that, where does the LCD go?

Goes under the game pointing at the ground. It will flash colors during the game, and is available as an add-on mod from Stern for $400.

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The thing is I don't have much of a problem with DE art. It looks great next to photoshop art.

I don;t know what the hell you've been looking at.

#1019 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm still unclear if the game will feature the old 1984 cast or the new cast from the reboot. I just wish someone would finally clear the air.

Man a late entry for "Post of the Year."

#1025 8 years ago

Just take a fucking break from it

#1037 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I'm kinda curious if stern will pay for the rights to use the ray parker jr theme song.....

They'll be paying Huey Lewis

#1078 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

George Lucas who still has a big say in what happens and Disney don't let anything Star Wars go cheaply.

George Lucas has zero say in anything about Star Wars. Zero.

Yeah Kirk is correct on this one. The fact they immediately threw out Lucas ideas for the new movies should tell you that.
You don't hand someone billions of dollars and then let them hang around looking over your shoulder.

#1084 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Yes. Ghostbusters is coming for sure.

Well what was the artwork on the whitewood...ladies or men. It's the one question that hasn't been answered yet...if it's even been asked?

#1303 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

I am honestly thinking about creating a rumor title and see how far I can get with it to prove the point.

It's already happened, it was called Jaws.

#1328 8 years ago

Oh right, you're the one that started that rumor

#1370 8 years ago

This layout is horrible...and the artwork is totally bland. I'm thinking aboot cancelling my order now

#1378 8 years ago

Looks like a 1" flipper on the right and a 1.5" on the left...that outta make gameplay interesting

#1466 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Kind of getting out of hand with the randomly making stuff up there.

Ha...yeah we don't want no one speculatin' round these parts

#1482 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I mean filling in things that are likely not accurate, given what the layout shows. It's not very likely that there will be a live ball path across that long slot on the left for example.

Who cares man...all people do hear all day long is talk what they think code will do or not do or what the art will look like vs. how they want it to look etc.

#1490 8 years ago

Trudeau is the biggest thing worrying me. I hope it comes out killer.

#1494 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Holy cow...all 4 of those were Lyman's in terms of code ...I see a pattern....

Well it's not that cut & dry. He probably gets the better themes to work with. Wasn't much excitement when WWE & Mustang were announced.

#1692 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

yeah but they are also different. And one of them has more 'stuff' than the other. And if their prices were identical, >90% of buyers would order the premium 90% of the time I bet.

Agreed.

4 weeks later
#3038 8 years ago

Meh...doesn't grip me either way. Slimer green is frikkin ugly as all get out...just like Hulk.

#3093 8 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Looks like a gottlieb thing, lookup gottlieb genesis, same thing with the inline guides.

Think it's just a mock up. If they try to copy just aboot anything from Gottlieb sales are doing down the shitter.

#3143 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Looks like Ghostbusters may be the next Bride of Pinbot.

I doubt highly it could be that shitty; even with trudau.

#3147 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

BOP has a nice playfield and a cool toy -- just a garbage ruleset.

BOP 2.0 is actually kind of cool...not worth the monies for me...but I was kind of impressed.

#3264 8 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Trudeau designed BOP with Phyton Anghelo...

Yes, and....?

#3274 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Producing content for an LCD monitor would be more expensive. Doubt you'll see any price drop.

It's actually cheaper and easier I hear...and Stern is most likely going to give you back the savings associated with it.

Seriously....people believe that shit around here.

#3308 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Funny how a machine that hasn't even been announced yet already has a bunch of haters publicly dissing it.

Not funny; it's standard practice

#3630 8 years ago

X-men was the worst ever. I didn't own it, but I was excited to play it. After the first update that completely changed the game, and then the next one that "wolverined" it up, I lost interest and never went to play it again.

So that's one person's story. Of course this games are made for a basement not businesses so there's that.

#3649 8 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

I heard a rumor there was going to be a Ghostbusters pin. Anyone know anything about it?

Yep you can just google it and see all the images and everything else. Pinside doesn't allow late breaking news the rest of the internet has

1 month later
#7149 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Some great pics just popped up on the Stern Facebook page of GB on the line.

OMG Novus 2 arghghgghghghghggghhh

#7181 8 years ago

This is the way all toppers look to me.

#7202 8 years ago

The infamous bi-sexual ramp

#7219 8 years ago

Ramp is what I'm worried of. Mtdouble, link is back a page or 2

#7412 8 years ago

Linear wouldn't be the end of the world, PM is great.

#7418 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Maybe not since there are 3 ladders. But each ladder is linear and you have to repeat a scene if not completed. Maybe it won't matter while we actually play the game but that doesn't sound good.

WEll I leave this stuff to the pros. Maybe it will be new an interesting? I'll wait till my pro gets here before worrying. I got a hankering that maybe the code isn't complete yet so I have no idea what will end up

#7431 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There are sooo many cool items on Amazon and toy stores that could be a Topper for this game!
amazon.com link »

How boot this one? Throw some awfull LEDs in it and bam!
http://www.amazon.com/Bag-Poop-Novelty-Gift-Island/dp/B00E8MEMQY/ref=sr_1_1

#7473 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think we're all assuming way too much at this point.

Nawwww...on pinside?

#7480 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

fanboy?
Puuuleeeze.
He only has 220 posts in this thread!

Well the previous 2000 posts were all aboot Star Trek...so I feel we're making progress

#7702 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Does anyone think they are going to find a way for the magnetic slings to not make the balls stick together during multiball?

They are going to have to pulse them or something. I know exactly what you're talking aboot as it happened with Met quite a bit.

#7749 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The stock stern balls...

Oh man I'd never use those things...I just sold my MET and it still had the factory balls sealed; awful quality

#7752 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its only one eighth difference i believe from normal. ...Its really not a big deal.

Yeah and you're getting 2/3 of each side as inlanes to make up for it

#7766 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wish they'd just sanction colordmd and make that an official mod and let us pay for color on day 1 if we wanted it.

Yeah no thanks on Stern pricing there.

#7841 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I just got some more playtime on it and Im really not loving the massive upper play field either. It just makes the game feel claustrophobic to me (honest help that alternate play between GoT and wide bodies, but still).
I need to find a GoT Pro to play... the dragon doesn't do ANYTHING for me either, so a Pro might be a winner.

The upper PF is kind of cool, and if it's a keeper game I can see it being nice to own for a long time...cause it gives you something else to do. From just a playing perspective though; it's not that exciting. It really just slows down the game and it moves you towards one objective which is another MB...but sort of "big whoop." And because of it they had to add the drop target in front which I don't like either.

The dragon is a toy of a dragon that flaps it's wings like...better than the pro? Beyond silly.

Quoted from Jvspin:

It is fast and smooth except the dull thud of the ram shot. It just doesn't feel like there is much to do. The software really needs to elevate the game to make it interesting, IMO.

Again...how aboot the thud of the Drop on the Prem?

#7842 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

If it was a cost issue they will be pricey.
Wait this is Stern I'm talking about. They will be $299

haha...you think 299 is pricey from Stern

#7844 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Magnetic slings are one of the Prem/LE features, don't like them, buy a pro

Well it's kind of hard to like them or not at the present time.

#7861 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

And just like that, this post bumped me back 3 pages. *sigh*

EVERY time in this thread

#7889 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

GB makes Ben Heck smile:
image.jpeg

Jesus...Stern pros don't even come with lock down bars anymore...this is getting recockulus.

#8022 8 years ago

White looks fucking horrible. Thanks for the update on playing...mine is on order....

#8311 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, ya'll are nuts saying TWD Pro > TWD Prem. Absolutely nuts.
The light show alone...

This is what I always find nutty....classic Pinside phrase that makes no sense to me. But everyone seems to agree with you so I'll go chew on some nuts now

#8324 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can't say I've seen it since the 80's, need to throw it in my Netflix queue.

WE watched it for the first time in many years last year and it help up very well.

#8329 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Here is a pic, always like to show off the pack.

Man that would make a really horrible topper that people would love here

#8422 8 years ago

BW Left ramp has never seemed very steep to me at all. I haven't read all the talk but I guess we're talking aboot the GB ramp looking really steep? From that pic it doesn't look any steeper than the Metallica left ramp, or TWD ramps...IMO.

#8429 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

pinball magics ramp is very similar.

HArd to tell from the top pic only, but PM ramp seems a fair bit wider than GB...although that could just be the angle and all.

#8444 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Doesn't the GB ramp compare to Kiss(opposite side of course?

Could be...and that thing is steeeeep

#8450 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

No I think we are saying that due to the location of the ramp there is plenty of flipper power to get it up. But of course we won't know until we play it.

Look, there's no point assuming it won't be too steep to hit.
Now, let's get back to assuming the ramp will be too steep to hit please.

#8468 8 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Does anyone know what the P K E stands for on the Ghostbusters machine?

PsychoKinetic Energy

#8489 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

wtf people stop creating your own drama.

Bu bu bu bu....PINSIDE MAN! WTF else are they going to do all day?

#8598 8 years ago

Just heard it's getting close....mwhahaha

#8691 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

so shipping must be starting next week on those first wave Pros.

That's what I've heard...and many months for those premium buyers.

#8693 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I hear they're steep as hell and going to ruin the game.

Interesting I saw a Q&A with Stern and it is true the ramp & mags are so steep they can't be hit, BUT the game itself is designed only to be placed at a 3.5 degree pitch...so it all works out in the end!

#8697 8 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

so the pro could a better choice,no ?

Sure could. For me Pro has often been a better value wise.

#8712 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

So current pros being made are for international orders so US pros maybe end of april?

Before that...I was told to "Get ready" on my pick up.

#8745 8 years ago

If I were you I'd just sprinkle them all over the PF...I mean "interactive" mods are always better

#8747 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Exploding bash toy.

You outta see my GOT with 2 boxes of Crossbows & Catapults poured out...awesome!

#8822 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Do people actually enjoy videomodes?

Yeah quite a bit of people. I thin kit might be a sweet spot of people growing up in the 90s DMD era. In general I hear the most complaints from people before, or after that segment.

#8825 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Did you realize that the ghostbusters song sounds like "I want a new drug" by Huey Lewis?

You have no facts to back that up sir!

#8840 8 years ago

Great job cracking that 40 year old court case!

#8872 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I like the idea of having to move Slimer left and right in order to eat falling pieces of food, wine bottles, etc.

But is that too common? IJ, NF, congo, STTNG, I500 ...hmmm gots to be a couple more that are like that at least?

#8915 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Can we all get together and file a class action lawsuit against Paul Feig for directing that crappy GB reboot, and completely screwing over the license? I blame him for ruining what could have been a pretty decent movie.

So what where the bad parts to the flick? I mean other than it not being the original cast which wasn't going to happen.

#8945 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

that had a U shaped lane where the objective was to put all the balls on one side or the other to increase scoring.

Skylab style

#8953 8 years ago

Uff that Predator box in the background looks like a cabinet head

#9036 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I just paid for a GB/pre from Gameroomguys,and they told me late June,early July for my pin

Yep...Premiums in June

#9094 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

What is a pinball machine?
Pop bumpers
Take one of those away, and something is missing.

Incorrect

Quoted from Propaganda:

The slings will haunt the game forever.

And don't even get started on the steepness of that ramp

#9111 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

He has a history of poorly formed arguments on this forum.

He does fill a vital role in trying to even out the fan boy mentality by some people in these types of threads.

#9121 8 years ago

Those look awful.

#9130 8 years ago

280 for that bag of nacho cheese...uff.

#9150 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Tough crowd!

Understatement of the decade!

Oh wait this is

Quoted from rai:

Pss
Too bad the LE doesn't get fancy rails like GOT, ST or SMVE and makes do with simple cheap lollypop style while the premium gets nothing.

Well what the hell do you expect for more monies?

#9161 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Just funny that people talk so definitive on what they know as facts without knowing them.

Yep. I for one have NOT A CLUE on what mag slings would be like...it's such a strange concept I couldn't form an opinion one way or the other. Lest we forget as mentioned before; slings aren't always your friend

#9169 8 years ago

X-men after Tron

#9241 8 years ago

What's worrying me is that the art blades are metal right? Gonna be sketchy that close to the magnetic sling which I read have magnets in them?

#9246 8 years ago

Phew that's a load off

#9248 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

my god. please tell me you were looking for the sarcasm font..

Although I have a bachelor of science I'm not a scientist pre se`...so magnetic fields are new to me man. Not my specialty so just trying to keep up. Besides these slings are pretty new I think...so I doubt anyone knows how they work and will react with other things.

#9262 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How will they react with other things? The same as every other magnet in games... which have been in the center of the playfield for nearly 20 years. TAF, GNR, and many more.

Hmm...true. Maybe the whole point of making these side art things vinyl was to counter-act the magnetic waves.

magnet-wave_(resized).jpgmagnet-wave_(resized).jpg

#9269 8 years ago

Holy crap I hope there is ANOTHER magnet...unless it's by the top then a Vinyl overlay for the back panel should nullify the effects....hopefully.

EDIT: PHEW! You guys were talking aboot the Hobbit not GB

#9279 8 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

I heard Stern had to switch to carbon fiber legs on the Premiums and LE.
The magnetic slings were causing the steel legs to hit an external periodic frequency whereby positive feedback between the cabinet's deflection and the force exerted by the powerful slings resulted in a self-oscillation and eventual failure (pinball fall down... go boom).

Damn...that's gonna cost a pretty penny but at least we'll be safe

#9351 8 years ago

Glad they all have only the 7 color changing inserts.

#9359 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I'm sure with the prem. you can get a shaker motor for it can't you? I think that's the only deference I would want that the LE has.

Whoa whoa whoa...You reallllly want to shake the magnoslings®™ up? HAVE YOU F*&%ING LOST YOUR MIND MAN?!?!

#9402 8 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

If that is sarcasm I agree with you.

Naw, I'm a less is more when it comes to 60 + blinking flashing inserts.

#9405 8 years ago

I'll need those shades if I'm looking at a bright/puke green armor and legs!

Outlandish paint is in style right now so I get the Slime Green armor...it's completely hideous but that's what people like.

#9662 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Stern raised the prices to match JJP, now they want to make you wait 3 years to get your game like JJP.

Ha...they just raised them for GB I hear.

#9665 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

GB LE is 1K less than GOT LE here in NZ

Well obviously...NZ is below the equator so The Magnoslings®™ repel instead of attracting the pinball.

Total shitshow I've heard.

#9683 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

-The Ecto goggles are going to be one of the coolest features, barely talked about now, but will really 'bring the machine to life'... giving it an energy and making it more dynamic.

-Everyone will have gone overboard with toppers, making the top of their machine look like some sort of half-assed Ghostbusters garage sale table.

-Pros will start arriving at select locations before the end of April, trickling out.

I'm only interested in the goggles because it sounds completely uninteresting to me, like a child's toy, but people do seem excited.

No doubt on the toppers...this will be the most embarassing owner pics yet

I hope you're right on that...I'd like mine in April please

#9767 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Most pinball toys are LITERALLY child's toys (action figures, etc) ...Ecto Goggles are fully animated "hologram" ghosts you can "hit" with the ball.

I don't count action figures as a pinball toy...I'd explain my point of view on it, but I don't think a month away is going to change 4 years of knowing everything.

Quoted from dos_reboot:

So ze goggles, ze do nothing for you?

Not really...I get the jist of it, but a .5" little hologram (EDIT: or whatever the hell it is) probably isn't going to blow my mind. It could though. Probably be washed out by LEDs

#9775 8 years ago

OK, Mag Slings and Ecto Googles debated to death. Time to move on to Slimer and how he will behave on the Premium/LE.

Slimer is the thing that worries me the most, but I haven't seen it work in person so I'm not overly worried. I just looks like a part that would be prone to problems, and it doesn't look that great in pics. But I haven't heard a shit ton of issues with it so maybe it's good to go.
What's the Prem do over pro...moving more locations?

#9778 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How about explain it instead of insulting me. You called it a child's toy. I gave an example of things that are child's toys. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Pepper's Ghost toy for kids...maybe it exists, please let me know.

I'm not insulting you, I'm just commenting on the way you've acted for years.

http://www.amazon.com/Hallmark-Halloween-HGN5022-Genevieve-Ruffles/dp/B008MYT674

There's a pepper's ghost for kids? Not enough? usually isn't.

Quoted from Rarehero:

From what I understand he hovers over the City on the pops...then when he "floats" down, he can move to different locations. Not sure how many places he can move to, though...from different sources I've heard "2" and "4". On the Pro he just has a simple up/down movement.

Thanks, haven't really seen it yet...waiting till this bad boy gets delivered.

#9846 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Dumb question, but what's the diverter? When I think diverter, I think of the ones in Shadow.

Sure those are manual diverters you are using, regular ones are controlled by the game to move the ball to diff'rent areas.
Think of the ball lock diverter in AFM, it either goes in the lock or moves and goes in the ramp back to the flipper

#9858 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Here is my newest GB mod.
Would appreciate critiques.
» YouTube video

It looks like complete and utter shit. Cheap as hell, rookie as hell, and overall quite embaressing.

Should sell great here

#9887 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I'm happy to share my distro but just not sure of the forum etiquette of doing so. Is it okay to share this?

Not really

Doing some research from some "people I know" I've heard that the issue is in fact the MagnoSlings®™ and it's even worse than we dreaded. Seems a low level employee Turned them on without the dampening field (vinyl side art) being installed. Now the good news is the GB game is actually fine...BUT they did lose a bunch of time because the magnetic waves erased the KISS code that was supposed to drop. So it's sort of an all hands on deck fixing going on. So weird...but I knew that shit was going to get some bad juju going.

#9894 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Unless you're saying it's not cool for him to reveal the specifics of communications from his distributor, which would seem like a pretty case-specific call depending on what the news is that was shared and what your relationship is with your distributor.

Well he's giving a specific-ish date so I don't know...I don't recall many people posting such things but just trying to play it safe.

#10013 8 years ago

"It's even better during a real game."

Sweet...then ah...hit the start button?

#10027 8 years ago

Potential for sure, but that video is basically pointless. It shows there are magnets on the slings, which we already knew.
Basically the same thing as some weak ass busted up limp slings that don't fire much

#10035 8 years ago

Video is hardly pointless. It shows exactly what we needed to know, and that is how the basics of the slings function.

It should you what you needed to know, which is nothing because you'd love anything obviously.

Quoted from epthegeek:

That's not a "kicker" at all. You throw a ball at a kicker and it fires back hard to somewhere else, not bobbles it and drops it.

It had some good action every once in awHile, but for the most part they just sort of dribbled down to the flipper without much fan far...like...wow? They could end up awesome, they could pump more juice into them...but for now that was pretty lackluster.

Quoted from Pinballlew:

Here lies a great mod...additional firing kicker coil to replicate the authentic sound of a kicker Zero patent violation there for all you nodders

Modders only please...don't let stern reproduce coil noises!

#10040 8 years ago

Hardly. You know.....sometimes the ball hits the regular slings without getting kicked...and "dribble down" as you say.

Agreed there, but that has a lot to do with how the game is set up and were it hits the slings. I middle hit to the slings is never going to dribble down.

#10055 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am sure they will have a sound effect for it in normal play.

A haunting one I'm sure...that would be pretty cool.

Quoted from Pinballlew:

Watched the video multiple times and it never kicked it away without grabbing it back towards itself.

The problem is most of the time when it hits the right MagnoSling®™, it ends up on the right flipper, and vise versa which is of course the opposite of how normal slings work now.
So it's pretty obvious that by reversing the polarity of the magnet on the right MagnoSling®™, that would make the ball go to the opposite Flipper. Pretty basic science and I'm sure they know that; this is just test mode.

#10059 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

I have to wonder why they wouldn't just show them working normally first though.

After this KISS debacle, Gary has a taste for screwing with costumers.

#10071 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I hope this was a joke. That is not how magnets work at all with a neutral. Take a magnet, stick on your fridge. Flip the magnet over and stick on the fridge again. Does it push away? No...

Well my fridge wasn't magnetized in the factory so magnets don't stick to it (bought the cheap one).
Anyway, since this thread started I've been reading up on magnets quite a bit and I'm pretty sure I'm right.
I understand what you're saying...but the MagnoSling®™ are charged with electricity, that means it had electrons which obviously can have their polarity reversed.

#10096 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The entire vibe of the premium / LE model has this "all in" approach to me in terms of Stern offering their most feature packed game to date with Ghostbusters.

That's the only part that would really worry me...sounds like some DE mistakes.

#10105 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Putting too much in the game? It all depends on how those features are used.

Exactly what I meant.

Nice try Rai but that graphic doesn't have the vinyl Magnostabalizers® side art anywhere so you're basically playing with a loaded gun

#10107 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

I think these are set up to "work like traditional slingshots" in the sense that the switch on the rubber is detecting when to fire the slingshot. Only instead of a kicker to push the rubber, the magnet fires to pull the ball away from the rubber. So in that sense, the magnet probably won't pull the ball except in response to the slingshot switch being hit.

Yeah we're actually all past that point...I don't think anyone is confused by that

#10188 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

What do you think pop bumpers and slings are for? Randomness.

Quoted from Propaganda:

Say what you want, but more randomness was not wanted before this was announced. If it gets too random, people are going to walk away.

Well....hmm...it could be the sweet spot of making it "more random" as compared to other games, but perhaps it will end up just as predictable as slings are now in it's own way.

#10211 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that video is ass,

Quoted from Russell:

This video makes the Magna-sling concept look gimmicky and lame.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I'm going with FAIL on this first video.

Quoted from Flake:

It was just a "hey look, they're here, they kinda work. We're working on them." than anything else as far as I could see.

Quoted from Mando:

but the sling action has to and I mean has to be more than what I saw.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Exactly. I'm betting that video was shot while the game was in a test mode for the magnetic slings.

Quoted from Expletive:

I'm disappointed in the magna sling video.

Quoted from Pimp77:

The magna sling demo was a little lackluster,

Quoted from seenev:

I love the way stern throws around the phrase "early code." I work for a software company and if we demoed our software and told people it was "early code" we would have zero customers.

Quoted from Deez:

Wow those magna slings look stupid. Looks like pro it is.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I hope we get to see some real gameplay soon. If that is how the slings will behave 'normally', then that's pretty depressing.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

JUST PLAY THE GAME....Im finding myself yelling this during the video. How frustrating. Bad demonstration, gimme a break.

Jesus Christ you damn fools....did you not hear the man?

Video is hardly pointless. It shows exactly what we needed to know, and that is how the basics of the slings function.
They look smooth to me.
The rest is going to be outrageous fun when they really go wild.

See there...everything was cleared up...shoove shoove along you nay sayers....

#10214 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Might be a couple weeks behind, but things are looking well. Still have 9 more kittens to work with.

For the love of sweet baby jesus keep them away form the magnets

#10217 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've seen some of the tricks that the game can do...

Well great for Jared *Slow Clap*

#10219 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Who is Jared? Was this on Sterns FB page?

Jared is an old Pinside member whom was absorbed into the Stern collective for their social media.

#10439 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The old one or the new re-boot?

I'm so sick of repeating this and it's old news. LE IS OLD CAST & PRO (JR.) IS LADIES REBOOT!!!!

#10481 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So the locations that have launch parties... Does this mean that after the party, the pin will remain on site?

Around here that's what it means yeah.

#10564 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

$30 for the plastic protectors is insane. I mean, seriously.

So are brakes from the dealership

So many people got excited when Stern decided to sell mods, it totally blew my mind.

#10657 8 years ago

A lot of people selling a lot of stuff is "dumb" to some people, and others like it. It's throwing monies away for Stern not to make these simple plastics that other people have been making bank off of for years.

#10660 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I just dropped 8K on a Stern machine. The plastic protectors should be included at that price.

Why, they never were before where they?

#10664 8 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

funny as soon as stern starts selling the accessories... they should be included in the original price!

Yeah it doesn't make too much sense.

Quoted from Redknight87:Don't you feel like this one is a little different in why people want to see game play of the premium/LE?

Nope.

#10666 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd buy your clear, one of the reasons is that clear let's the natural colors of the plastic show, not coloring them so they look really strange.

Agreed...don't like the colored ones.

#10694 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm not new to pinball, been playing my whole life, just new to pinside and new to purchasing machines for my own personal collection.

Yes that's typical...now that's it happening to you you want everything to change. Just like other people already agreed to pay 8K without plastic protectors (which you probably wont need BTW) and then are shocked they won't get them...wtf?

#10718 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I probably could have told you any of those titles had more risk then GB.. this is one of the biggest and best selling releases Stern has ever put out, can that be said about the ones you just named?

None of those had the dreaded MagnoSling®™!!!

#10729 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

don't worry, GB will have it's horrible movie i'm sure as well.

TF's theme was awesome, and if they did it with Gen 1 art, it would have been fantastic.

Not the GB movie the game is based on...

Not the TF Movie the game is based on...

#10730 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Ok great ,but where do you get your info that this acrylic is brittle and will break? Who do you know that has had this happen to them?

Take it to the modding section you 2. No one wants to hear 2 modders go at it all day. this thread is for real GB information.
Not for crying and arguing aboot shit.

#10839 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ah, ok- so they are not only Ghostbusters.. but Demonbusters. Gotcha.

Have you seen Ghostbusters?

Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Not to mention he's the only ghost you actually see them bust entirely.

Are you sure? Or right, I guess they didn't show Ackroyd finishing

#10847 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok enough of this lame discussion.. Where's Jared and another vague 25 second video of the machine in Test mode to stir up new back and forth bickering when you need him?!?

I think the next one they are going to show with the power off.

#10879 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

If I want that crazy green color I would hang up posters of the band Poison lol. That green is that far gone for me. If you love green then LE is the unit to buy. I

Agreed it's dreadful.

#10899 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

The word is that you can shake the game and get hits on slimer without hitting him with the ball.

An oldie but a goodie...wouldn't shock me.

#11217 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

They sell pinball machines as a way of doing business, and promoting them by showing gameplay video shouldn't fall in line of "dropping everything" right? ...Does any other company and business work this way?

As we've discussed many times, this is the way they work and they're doing fine. This is the way all the other games have been sold before you personally bought this one, and think everything should be diff'rent.
In 2 years, and 2-3 NIB Sterns you'll be sitting here calming someone else down.

#11220 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I got a question though. If you could get a shaker motor for free installed on this pin, would you do it? Do you think it would make it more fun or annoying?

My brother made a shaker for his virtua pin. Shakers don't do much for me personally...if it's on there for free I probably wouldn't take it off though.

Quoted from kpg:

I guess I'm just hoping Stern see's these comments and hurry's the process up...

1000% chance no. They didn't listen to the 80 people crying in the code threads for 8 months.

#11263 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

and don't forget the cool green side rails are NOT included at the GB LE !!
how crazy is this?

Well they do look like shit...so that might have something to do with it.

#11267 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah, those rails seriously do look dumb. I don't know who authorized that at Stern.. maybe Stevie Wonder is on the payroll there now?

Ha...they just follow the trends. Years ago before the powder coating revolution began, people used to mock how bad Shrek looked...like what a joke. Fast forward a few years and Avenger Hulk is coming out and everyone was pumped aboot how sweet the green look was.

#11275 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Stern and IGN released a quick unboxing video of the LE today...oh wait, that's a Game of Thrones LE.

Timely.

#11277 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude. What did I just watch. That was embarrassing :/

Yet still 10000% times better than Sterns last GB video

#11284 7 years ago
Quoted from DerekParsons:

Shouldn't people be happy they are making / shipping pins this cool in 2016?

No, we don't know if it's cool with the MagnoSlings®™, that's the whole issue.

#11296 7 years ago
Quoted from DerekParsons:

Completely understand. But what can one do but wait?

Oh there are plenty of other things to do. Insistently posting on pinside 100 times a day aboot wanting to see a video and umm....well I guess that's the only other thing to do

#11569 7 years ago

playing a pro a lot it's the hardest initial Stern game by far...really tough.

#11631 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

in an interview, john mentioned that GB was going to have the "standard trudeau layout". he was referring to his non-traditional (or increased) gap. john started this with CftBL and has continued it on mustang and WWE

Thabks for catching is up to 10,000 posts ago.

#11727 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

EP 1 was horrible, we can all agree on that. EP 2 was not horrible, but still forgettable. EP 3 was amazing IMO.

EP3 amazing...is that a joke? "I have the High Ground Anikin.." bwawhgawhga...just when you though the writing couldn't get any worse from Lucas.

Quoted from kpg:

The movie cost $154M to make, and I doubt they even make back 1/4 of it.

I'll take that bet.

#11752 7 years ago

Goggles don't look that exciting to me sadly. But again it isn't in person so it doesn't count

#11761 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The change log makes it sound like its for normal play?

No. You have to hit the captive ball to do normal things like light lock and all that

#11766 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The change log doesn't specifically say Mass Hysteria multiball though for that change.
Could reverse flippers now occur at anytime? If so it would be cool if points are doubled while in that state.

True I am assuming....if it does it every time you hit it, not going to last long in my house.

#11784 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Some of the Ernie Hudson custom ones are a bit cheesy,

You don't say...

#11794 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

.. trust me, it reads better on here then it sounds lol

man so do all the ones in DH but I learned to love them they're so bad.

Quoted from kpg:

... i'm ready for this thing already !!

Just got the message mine is ready for pick up but I won't be able to get it until a week from this weekend

#11798 7 years ago

Well the slings work pretty normal so far...maybe it's not the end of the world?

#11800 7 years ago

Actually they look pretty soft...maybe they need to adjust the switches

What a drainfest

#11814 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

It does seem a little lest brutal then the pro but it could be that good players had a while with the pro so they know what they are doing either way it means its not as brutal as it was.

MUCH less side to side with those sleepy slings...did someone say the pitch of them was diff'rent? Anyway, new code seems to have added new ball savers too which is helping

Quoted from kpg:

Watching the stream and that guy keeps saying "KPG" whats up with that ? impersonator in chat?

bwa...dude you were attacking Jody viciously...halarious

#11818 7 years ago

Has anyone mentioned that during the Whom brought the dog mode it looks like Woody Allen running through the woods?

#11821 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I wasn't chatting on there. Someone else was using my name I guess. Not cool.

Probably someone named "KPG" before you on the internet

#11827 7 years ago

Impostering pinside people...crime of the century!!!!!

#11828 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

This thing is unreal. I was confident that premium or LE was the right choice. After seeing this thing in action the debate is really over. This thing is worth every penny more over the pro, it's sick and it's early code.

What aboot it really sets it apart form the Pro in the stream?

#11832 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Really? Do you have eyes? If you can't figure it out, then stick with a pro.

Yes, although they are a little burnt form the stream. I was just getting your take on it but I can see your period just started so I'll go get you some pads.

#11834 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Ask a dumb question...

Asking someone's opinion isn't dumb...it's kind of what we do here on Pinside.

#11839 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does the amount of ghosts you have captured before starting storage facility multiball matter for anything?

I don't think so...other than starting the events that occur. Storage MB is just kits to the captive ball then lock

#11843 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Word. The sounds and music to this game are scratching me right where I itch. Not sure how I will like the game play until I get my hands on one, but loving the audio all the way around.

Oh yeah it sounds awesome...and I feel like the update added a bunch of stuff, but that may be a Pro v LE thing; probably a mix of both.

#11977 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I think another reason that we are not seeing a lot of sling action has to do with the angle of the slings. They are a bit more vertical than usual, so the ball is less likely to hit them head on and activate the switch.

That's only if the Prem/LE angle is diff'rent than the pro; because the pros seemed to activate as much as standards.

#11982 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I mean that the issue is a combination of the angle and the single switch being used.

Yeah I didn't know aboot the single switch till today...the whole thing makes more sense now.

Quoted from spidey:

The slings just need to fine tuned at home.

You're probably right...The designer of the game probably just had it set up poorly.

#11988 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Why all the debate over a few words in the callouts?
Simple solution: PINBALL BROWSER

I don't know how much of a simple solution that is to everyone; at the moment at least. I'm semi crafty but I've never tried to use and have no idea how to.

#11996 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Here's the steps:

Cool thanks, I'll give it a look.

#11998 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

There's no reason not to include a family mode. It's a staple in the industry.

You'd think that would be pretty obvious & that it's coming...but luckily a standard Pinside freak out was in order

#12004 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'd rather have less active slings on the Prem/LE, then the slings on the Pro that end up in an outlane drain every.single.time.

In theory I agree, but I've never liked the idea of the version that costs more monies being easier...that just doesn't sit right with me.

#12008 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Its not that it is easier, it just looks and plays much cooler. ...Its not easier, it just balances the game and is clearly how the machine was intended to play.

Right...the way it was intended to play...the slings not ending in an "outlane drain every.single.time."

#12012 7 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

Only time will tell, but anyone care to speculate on which model competition will embrace?

I always assume Pro, less stuff to break and go wrong; but it's just a guess.

#12015 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I think likely the pro as well, mainly because of the slings they may been seen as too "random" for a tournament.

Or too "Not Worky."

#12021 7 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Someone mentioned magnet burn. Is this something to consider? and if so, how can
you prevent or lessen the wear?
Thanks

Undetermined if worth considering until it's a reality. Plenty of people know one way or the other around here of course.
Putting mylar on the area would protect the playfield....if the game doesn't already come with it installed in that area.

#12023 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Have you seen the last 20 years of video games? Have you seen the DMD animations on TWD? Violence and guns...and those machines are everywhere.

Right but that's not as bad as swearing...Gaithersburg is in 'Merica right?

#12051 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sounds like based on this discussion I'm one of the only guys who actually like the magnaslings in this thread,

Quoted from Flato:

I feel some people are grasping at straws with what's wrong with the prem/le model

They are a totally new style of sling, they didn't do anything 90% of the gameplay video, and none of us have played them, so I don't know how much people can shower them with love. It's just an unkown and that's what most people are saying, and the other have think that Trudeau doesn't know how to adjust switches on the pinball machines he creates
Hell, if you think aboot the talk of the slings before this video, the love has increased 10000X!

#12062 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Are you saying the slings only registered 10% of the hits? That's a pretty large exaggeration of how they preformed if you are.

I'm saying they didn't make much of a change in ball direction, in 90% (I mean you know man it's just a number) from What I could tell. Again, I was watching it live and haven't had time to watch the HD version today. As we were discussing before, I don't know what happens when they activate. Are the lights always going on? The theremin we know doesn't happen every time....so it's a little confusing. From what I saw, absolutely minority of the time the ball was affected when it hit the slings.
There is only 1 switch in the sling, so that factors in, everyone is sure Trudeau set his own machine up incorrectly....so I haven't a clue.
I thought they looked cool & fun.

#12066 7 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

2 pics from the launch party at MBrew in Ferndale, MI last night.

Thank god I wasn't invited to this sausage fest

#12078 7 years ago
Quoted from Farb:

I didn't see an example of the slings doing any "keep away" or "catch" in the video. Did I miss something?

I never saw any "tricks" either.

#12081 7 years ago

Guess that counts

Quoted from kpg:

Surprised no one is bitching about how an airball landed on a plastic near the left captive ball, and they needed to essentially body slam and tilt the machine to get it to roll off

Frankly I was just shocked everyone didn't start a revolt whenever someone tilted the machine or slammed the lock down bar...you know how people get around these parts

#12084 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

As for the slings I don't think anyone think the action that have when triggered sucks , just a question of how often they trigger . When they are hit I am pretty sure those inserts flash and it makes a sound.

Correct...I thought the movement/sounds were kick ass...just happening few and far between

#12142 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

jmpinball,you are making a choice from watching a video??

Is that worse than everyone else making their decision before the video?

#12144 7 years ago

Yes, because how could you not love the Premium/LE after watching that video?

I think it's great after watching the video, but it didn't change my mind on value vs $$

#12147 7 years ago

Someone saying it's great but not worth the extra money, that's understandable.
Someone saying that the new features are worse than the pro's or irrelevant is bonkers!

Plus, my pro is ready to be picked up and plugged in. If the Prem/LE turns out to be that great I can just sell the pro and upgrade.

#12165 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

From what I could see, the dip under the playfield was hardly noticeable and haven't really heard much mentioned about how cool the effect was. I do like the metal ramp though.

Do people who have played the game feel it's too right flipper centric? Is there a good way to get the ball over to the left flipper?

My conclusion: the Pro is full featured and it doesn't seem like you are giving up much play wise. I'm a little disappointed in the Pre/LE but think it still offers enough to differentiate it from the Pro. Unlike say ST pro vs Pre.

Yeah subway lock is still a mystery to me. At times in the video he would say "physical lock" and get excited, and then the ball would shoot out of the storage area which is what it does on the pro so I need to it to grasp it. And a metal ramp adds no value to me.
Post passing worked fine for me. Probably more right centric but I don't remember feeling super strongly aboot it.

The right ramp is hard to hit and I imagine it is on both...I don't see big value in it returning to the left flipper personally....other than you have an actuall 2 ramps instead of 1.5 in pro

Other things like 3d buildings...non of that type of thing interest me in the least....but that;s more mod centric which people love.

#12171 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I could point out several of these that drive me nuts. My favorite is "suppose" instead of "supposed"......seems a lot of folks skipped grammar class that day.

Please don't, it's really annoying and doesn't have anything to do with pinball.

#12174 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

When some people say "its just a ball lock, who cares" and "the Slimer toy on the premium doesn't add anything" it just leaves me scratching my head. Same goes for the Ecto Goggles and magnetic slings. Those 4 extras are awesome in my opinion and add a lot to the game.

Well because I really don't understand what makes the ball lock that much better. In MET, the hammer is ugly, comically big, and dumb, but the ball lock I can see and it's cool and interesting. On GB I don't quite know what I'm looking at/for so I don't really know. Unlike most people I reserve the right to understand it later and like it.
The ecto goggles do nothing for me...It's basically a little LED screen on the field...that didn't impress me on the hobbit or WWE. I don't know why the facts it's a peppers dong should blow my mind.
As I always say, what leaves me scratching my head the most is people that can't grasp the fact people have diff'rent opinions on games, toys, features.

#12184 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Personally, I just love physical locks.

Exactly, and fair enough. To me they aren't that important really. I'd rather have a physical I guess, but it isn't something I would spend moneis on. If it were a la carte` and they said $200 for a physical ball lock I'd pass.

Quoted from kermit24:

I take it you haven't played Game of Thrones LE / Premium? The light show is amazing.

to some it is. To me, the LE is hideous.

Quoted from kermit24:

Lots of folks that prefer the pro don't understand all you can do with the upper PF.

Always the dummest(sic) argument ever. If you ever see yourself typing it...just stop

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

shots all sounds like fun to me

Exactly correct...just don't be amazed when not everyone agrees with you. As a TZ owner today, I wouldn't "upgrade" for the clock

#12190 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Can the player SEE the locked balls on the premium? Where are they?

I do not think so. I think they are held in under the PF in a tro.

#12193 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just ask Jack Danger tonight when his stream is live.

Hopefully one of the 5 kenadas will

#12197 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Question: When you hit the right orbit for a mode start, does it trap the ball somehow while the mode starts, or does the ball just keep moving?

I believe the ball MUST go all the way through to start the mode. If it gets caught in the pops the mode does not start.

#12200 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why not go Prem/LE?

I can give you my paypal if you want to fork over the extra dough for a physical tro!
Because monies....always because monies

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You forgot the part where you actually see the ball drop from the steel ramp (not plastic) underneath the playfield.

It's not a ramp, it's a habitrail...it would still be a habitrail if the first ramp was plastic.
Plus some people prefer plastic ramps.

#12203 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I guess...if you can't float it then that's a legit reason, but long term you'll come out at least even on an LE/Prem purchase vs a pro. Not really much risk $-wise.

Sure sure...I'm not worried aboot the risk. Pro is cheaper, and it's ready right now. I can't be losing practice time because I'm waiting for an LE.
I think because of that I might 'always' buy a Pro anyway...but helping me is the fact I don't have enough greenbacks for a Prem/LE.

#12210 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Does GOT LE/Prem have multi-colored GI like TWD & MET?

No...it has like 64 RGB inserts...or something like that

#12218 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Far better and an overall cooler effect though then say the plastic pop up ball lock peg on GOT or LOTR.

Or WOZ...So not any physical ball lock will do, just the one on GB; got it!

#12253 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what about steel Dragon?

That movie so horribly bad it's awesome

#12283 7 years ago

Bonus points Ted for most likely wearing the shirt in your avatar

#12285 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Got an opportunity to play the pro at the pin festival. It is a awesome game. I can now see why some folks are buying the Pro, it made me want to keep playing

Glad you enjoyed it...can't wait till I pick mine up!

Quoted from TheLaw:

What aboot it really sets it apart form the Pro in the stream?

Quoted from Bing_Party:

Really? Do you have eyes? If you can't figure it out, then stick with a pro.

Quoted from Bing_Party:

Ask a dumb question...

#12337 7 years ago

Lots of doll talk today

#12339 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Good thing its not "My little Pony" or "Care bears"

I don't really know what the diff'rence would be at this point

#12386 7 years ago

GC_(resized).jpgGC_(resized).jpg

#12391 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

True story, Vigo was originally hired as a janitor for the set of GB2

That dude had one twisted life that's for sure.

#12444 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I'd be super tempted to sell mine for that, and just wait longer for a Premium.

I'd be past tempted...easy decision.

#12475 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

To this day I have no idea how MET Pro can even be compared to a MET Prem and why people say it's not a big difference.

Just keep reminding yourself...people like diff'rent things...it's not that hard to grasp.
I've been playing pinball my whole life...when the GI changes colors, it doesn't excite me...it's just lighting. Wow, a cross is coming out of the playfield...not that amazing really. It's cool for sure, but I'm not paying $1700+ for that shit...no thanks. I'll put that toward the next game I'm getting.

#12483 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You should just list it on eBay with all those other cool guys trying to sell overpriced pins

He should just list it on Pinside with all us cool guys trying to sell overpriced pins.

#12501 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I assure you, the first person to make a marketplace ad here on Pinside for $10K will sell it so fast you wont even have time to type another one of those witty comments that TheLaw loves to immediately upvote

First time I've ever been accused of overly agreeing with teekee.

Or is this because I down voted your dog dolls on your game

#12566 7 years ago

Those mods suck ass and are recockulusly priced.

#12730 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Marshmallow Man would have made a great bash toy,...

Your technical outlook is spot on, but jesus we have enough bash toys.

#12732 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Pretty much everything in pinball is a bash toy or diverter.

We're not going to agree on that point, so let us not discuss it.

#12772 7 years ago

CK can reply whenever he likes; it would just be nice if he could put multiple posts together so he isn't posting 3 times in a row...that's a bit much.

#12774 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

How about we just get back to discussing GB Pinball?

I haven't had a great amount of time to really put the game through it's paces...but in my short time I will tell you it's not a ton of..."Fun;" but as I move along hopefully it will get better.

#12778 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok, lets not argue over GB 1 vs GB 2.
Now, with the GB Reboot, we now have THIS new villain....

Yes finally a new fresh idea

#12780 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sorry you were offended

Ha, you clowns can never get enough. There's nothing PC aboot not wanting to hear people consistently wine aboot how this reboot is ruining their pathetic childhoods

#12791 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I doubt it.
I'm guessing its because GB2 isnt a good movie.

Quoted from jellikit:

This might be the understatement of this whole thread and that is a saying a lot!
Brad

#12799 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Do the trolls in MM suck?

Totally diff'rent, trolls absorb a bunch of energy, and the ball never hits the trolls, goes airborne over the inlanes and drain
These are closer to CC, but are much more brutal. As long as you have time to aim it isn't bad, but when they're up and hit by accident you'll be paying.

#12804 7 years ago

Any post about ghostbusters 2 is one too many posts about ghostbusters 2.

Why...is it not as good as 1?

#12839 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I never had issues playing on Trent's games. They seemed just fine there and dropped every time they were hit.

Maybe he fixed them up a bit, maybe just diff'rent. I haven't investigated mine too deep so I'm not overly worried...but they do reject many a shot.

#12845 7 years ago

New trailer is out. It's even worse than the first one.
Man, does the FX look like PS2 era graphics.
» YouTube video

Special effects look really good actually.

Quoted from Flato:

Haven't watched the second trailer not sure I want to after the first one from what I read this movie is going to rip off the first movie basically a second GB origin story.

Yes, hence the term "reboot."

#12848 7 years ago

Laughably bad. Compare the ghosts in this move to the practical effects in the original.

Why can I not compare the ghosts in this movie to the ghosts in the original (The ghosts in this are much better)?
Why do I have to compare apples to oranges?

#12852 7 years ago

If it was apples to oranges, this movie wouldn't be called Ghostbusters.

Or you could answer the question I asked.

#12855 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bill Murray hates GB2!!!!!
End of discussion...back to pinball.

Everyone hates GB2, well there's one person that loves it.

Once CK gets on a tear, it's not going to end anytime soon sadly.

You're complaining about that after having a PC battle with Medium-Rarehero?

Although THAT's 100% a good point

#12858 7 years ago

Because I want to make the comparison. Couldn't give a rat's ass if you do or don't.

Yes why aren't you comparing the special effects of the 2 movies...just special of reboot vs practical of original? That's weird.

#12863 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I wish Stern would get some pins shipped so we can talk about the game again!!!!

I was actually talking aboot my game before but then KGB started going on his strangely anti black, yet African-American rants. It sent the thread into a tailspin.

I thought people were saying you had to progress through each "ladder," but it seems you can go up multiple ladders during a game? Was confused aboot that one.

#12868 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You are the person who was ejected from the thread, now you come back and completely crap all over it.

In his defense it's his thread...he's been crapping over it since day 1.

BTW, has Rarehero received your DNA sample yet?

#12870 7 years ago

And yet you're still here posting....in my thread.....one of the largest ever in Pinside history.

Yes because I own the machine...haha you're so proud of yourself; so cute.

#12876 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

No official announcement but it does show up in the LE manual available online and is clearly different then the one currently on pro models.

I think KGB said the pro manual had changed also.

#12894 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Right now Slimer is pretty much a booger on a stick, with very little purpose.

Well he starts modes. If they're having issues with making him work correctly I don't know if adding a MB around him is such a good idea.

#12900 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Played it today - fun game but wow that right ramp sucks big time. What a poor design.

Yeah the right "Ramp" isn't that great. I'm not hating it too much right now, but I think as time goes on it will stand out more and more.

#12911 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Its all done to have a thicker cable. I asked for them to send new mech but wont unless its broken with pictures

Cool thanks for looking into it.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After enough plays it doesn't really seem like a ramp at all

Quoted from Phbooms:

I like the right ramp shot, cleaner you hit it the farther the ball goes up and traps more ghosts.

It's an interesting idea...but it's just not a ramp the way we usually know them. It's for sure the hardest shot, so you hit it super clean 1 in 6 tries and what happens...you get 3 measly ghosts? Be sure to drink your Ovaltine
Is it the shot for the terror dog hurry up also? Just trying to see if it's involved in enough activities. When the arrows are lit for it, half the time I hit it it comes down before rolling 1 switch and gives me jack.

#12914 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

No theres a small terror dog target down from the right "ramp" its sorta hard to see and hit

Gotcha, Yep I saw it...didn't know if they were both used or only the target.

#12951 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ok, rant over. How about them magnetic slings?

Nothing worth talking aboot. No prem/LE are out so nothing new to report.

#13137 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Nice first time I heard what it does, a semi video mode

GB already has a semi video mode; unfortunately

#13151 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ghostbuster's Lite
Ghostbuster's Full
Ghostbuster's Full Limited Edition

Quoted from kpg:

Captain Kirk/OP has 13 more days on vacation from this thread, so that means it should be on topic for 13 more days.

Phew, 12 more days of fresh new ideas and someone just not repeating the same thing over and over beating a dead horse

(mod edit. Keep it clean)

#13155 7 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Rotor Dave got OWNED

I'll miss you the most jeffspins12

#13172 7 years ago

Luckily he adopted the super priced pin model and using broken light node boards

#13180 7 years ago

You will always see dog/librarian/we got one (?) first as they are first in the latter. Unless they add rules for each, the ladder gets harder as you go up so there's no way of randomizing modes.

#13182 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Long after home owners lose interest, quit their machines and move onto their next 12 month fascination.

Yup...n00bs can only get you so far.

#13184 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gary of all people should know that pinball collecting isn't a 12 month fascination for most....doesn't he notice that he's been seeing the same people (customers) at shows for decades?

Yes, he doesn't see all the burn outs that jump in for a year and then fizzle.

#13186 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't think that they should randomize the modes. The ladder stuff is cool. It's pretty neat how it rolls automatically from We Got One to the Sedgewick Hotel into He Slimed Me and so on. You still get a choice of which ladder to jump into.

Linear games don't usually get to me, I own a PM, but this is sort of wearing on me just a touch. But I agree it's a progression and happens that way. I just know that rarehero, and many others, had stated he wanted to modes randomized

#13252 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Got mine today and saw the misspelled "Reinforcments" on the playfield.

Yeah I'm not sure on mine because I suck at spelling anyway.

#13263 7 years ago

Heck with the game, where can I get cyborg-pants like that?

ANYWHERE in Europe is my guess

#13281 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

i've had my pro since April 25, i ordered it around March 15. I talked to someone in the US who also ordered the pro around the same time as me and they are expecting it to be maybe July before they get it now.

I believe I orderd mine in early March and got it mid May

#13299 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Why is there not more posts about the new code?

No time we've all been watching the NHL...you DO remember that right?

4 weeks later
#14944 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody else out there just not that impressed with this game?

good in a bigger collection. I'll be selling mine before anything else.

#14948 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am in one an le but I like the right ramp on the pro,I find it a hard fun shot,it need code for like an extra ball if you make it up to the top a few times or some other award

Yeah the problem isn't the pro ramp itself, tough shots are cool, there isn't a ton of reason to hit it; just like the right hole.

#14954 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...is what Hobbit preorders said two years ago.

Thats what Stern Distros have said aboot many games at many levels many times.

#15011 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Okay a quick unboxing vid...

Can you turn the music up?

#15013 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do you think this works in a small collection? On the other hand, since it is so difficult, it will last longer.

I just lowered the outlane posts on mine to see if it makes it anymore fun. As for guests, on normal set up it isn't making many freinds.

#15016 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

I bought longer flippers. The JT gap was a bad choice on the pin.

I think the issue, I won't say problem, is there's too much "fu*% you" in it. The flipper gap doesn't bother me that much...BUT the flipper gap + the lane bounces + and greedy outlanes etc add up to too much.
Now, that's just me, and you've found a way to have more fun as well. I don't think there's anything wrong with pins that you have to play very meticulously, very measured...they just aren't "my type of games" as much as others.

#15019 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Put it with a Metallica Pro.

Yeah cant go wrong there. Good for pro and beginner

#15092 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

When people are modifying the factory design of the playfield just for longer ball times... it's gone a little too far.

Hey, people use lightening flippers all the time.
I even closed my outlanes ot the lowest setting the other day; as much as it pained me.

#15098 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

they want to enjoy the world of Ghostbusters under glass.

Barf

#15109 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

IDK, is that not true for most casual players who are just walking up to the game?

I don't think newbs think in Business Speak/Company slogans.

#15185 7 years ago

Another rarehero meltdown eh? Surprised it took this long.

Quoted from jar155:

Not a terrible idea, but what if you want to switch ladders?

You just switch ladders, It's up to the player to decide what they do. You can leave a ladder almost anytime you like, by juts hitting the last completion shot not in the ladder shot...if that makes any sense.

It's a very controlled game in some aspects. Shooting on the fly punishes you greatly. I don't think I've ever lost a ball from the drop targets if you backhand them. Going front hard shot I still get plenty of jump balls.
I agree the modes are very repetitive, it's actually pretty annoying and I didn't think it would bother me.

EDIT:
The issue is you have to keep the modes rolling. The skill shot to start a mode is very important, because shooting slimmer 3 times can be dangerous.

Up until this game Stern has been praised for having to complete modes making Sterns "much tougher" than W/B games, now we should change it?

#15187 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Right, I meant ...

Ah I see what you mean...well I think that option will still be available using the skill shot. Now when you end a ball with all ladders lit, they are still all lit plus a skill shot start. Don't know if that rally counts but it's something....does keep people away from using that shot for other things.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
281 posts in this topic match your search for posts by TheLaw. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.