IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5129 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

They are still making AC/DC and MET years after they came out.........signs of a winner.

They are no longer making AC/DC, but your point is still valid.

#5266 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The ball comes back up on the playfield and drops into the in-lane on it's on velocity. The only question is what happens if it's momentum isn't enough to get it back on the playfield. Does the underground ramp have an exit to the scoop in this situation?

With the recent "below the playfield" discussion, are we worried that Stern won't have this figured out, or are we just wondering how it works?

#5287 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

As popular as Met is, does anyone know if METLE commands a big premium these days over it's initial price?

I pre-ordered my METLE, and yes, I got it for $6800 shipped, just as a few others have mentioned. I sold it last summer for $6500. It seemed the ones that had sold around the same time were selling for $6800 - $7500, so that's where I started. The ones that were priced higher were not selling. I had it at a show, and I got my asking price within the first hour.

#5299 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

6800 Met LE was 3 years ago now, wasn't it?

Yes, that was the price I got for METLE in the spring of 2013, immediately after the promotion video by Stern. I highly doubt that would be the price for a GB LE now.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Just a heads up, I've got so such PM yet. Either from the several buyers letting me know who is selling for this price or from any retailer wanting my business at that price.
Still interested if someone is looking to make a customer for life....

Call distributors and compare prices. I'm pretty sure the ones below will dropship to your door. That would be a lot easier than waiting for a distributor to call you. Also, Pinsiders might not PM you because distributors have the freedom to change their pricing from customer to customer, phone call to phone call, and then that puts both the Pinsider and the distributor in a bad situation.

http://www.tiltamusements.com/ (Trent)

http://gameexchange.biz/ (JJ)

http://cointaker.com/ (Melissa)

#5300 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wow I have never seen a METLE sell for $5800 I sold my last METLE 14 months ago for $7000+ and had three buyers interested. Can someone please PM me what distro was selling LE's for $6800 shipped.

I think you meant $6800 instead of $5800, but that's what I paid for it new, before they shipped. However, seeing Concretehardt's post reminded me that he and I PM'd each other when I was selling mine last May of '15. I went back and looked at our PM's and realized the price I sold the game for at PAGG was $7500, not $6500, and I edited it in my previous post. Sorry for the confusion.

#6095 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The Premium needs white armor and a beacon as a topper. Can work for the pro as well. Green not so much.

Custom marshmallow side armor!

#6126 8 years ago

An EL wire mod with multiple colors wrapped around the arm of this bash toy, made to look like a proton stream would be cool.

Slimer_EL_Wire_(resized).jpgSlimer_EL_Wire_(resized).jpg

#6309 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

True, but the colors on Color DMD are very muddled. Colors on LED DMDs really pop. The blue one on my former Tron looked sick. Same goes for the green one on Avengers Hulk.

Do ColorDMD's work on the SPIKE system? I haven't seen anyone mention using the Sigma single color on KISS or WWE yet.

#6316 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm thinking a Premium with a white LED display and white powder coating would look pretty bad ass. A true Stay Puft edition. Does anyone make a White LED DMD?

I like the idea of a Premium with white powder coated lock-down, siderails, and hinges, but custom shaped siderails by the flipper buttons with marshmallow fingers! "Stay-Puft" lettering cut out on the hinge plates. White legs? Custom painted coin door? Hmmm.

#6388 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Yes, there has been a lot of discussion about negative reinforcement lately in this thread.
Brad

...and for those that didn't see the explanation: these pictures were taken of a prototype playfield, and it will be fixed on production playfields.

#6480 8 years ago

On the Premium, a lightly toasted marshmallow for the custom shooter rod. Maybe even have it light up?

#6483 8 years ago

In all these posts, I've only seen one person mention this. Everyone's ok with this?

GB_Apron_(resized).jpgGB_Apron_(resized).jpg

#6488 8 years ago

I would have rather seen the terror dogs there.

#6580 8 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Isn't that Rick Moranis after he got laid by Sigourney Weaver?

Quoted from frolic:

it clearly is. I don't understand the controversy.

No controversy, and I know exactly who it is and what scene it's from, and I'm aware it's paired with the Gatekeeper image of S. Weaver on the other side, but I just thought it was an odd image to put there. I was simply wondering if everyone else was ok with it since it only got mentioned (as far as I can see) in one other post.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm not a big fan of the image, but what I don't understand is why Moranis is on the apron twice (center and right).
Is Bonus Moranis necessary?

Like I said in a follow up post, I would have liked to have seen the terror dogs on each side of the apron, and then Gozer in the center would have tied all three images together.

ZY's version of the image below split among the three spots on the apron would have been cool (but what he did is still cool). I hope this doesn't sound like I'm complaining because I'm not. I love the total package, and this apron art is not a big deal. I just thought I'd bring it up.

#6588 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can't tell what's going on with this shot under the ghost to the right of the ramp, but I counted that as a shot. Does anyone know if that's a shot or just a stand up target?
GB_(resized).jpg

I was guessing that's a shot to the pop bumpers, similar to the center shot on CFTBL. The ramp, center lane to pops, ghost standup, and the Newton "wall" all look similar to that same area on Creech (IMO), which is fine by me.

#6604 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not quite like cftbl that has a dedicated lane but it does enter pops after hitting that target. Also looks like there are 2 diverters like on congo . I know the one on the left made production but not sure if one on right did?image2.jpeg

It does indeed look like it hits a standup target under Gozer and then bounces around the pops. I thought it might loop around to the pop lanes and drop into the pops, but that doesn't look like the case. Your whitewood pic shows a bank of green standups that are now different with the Newton ball and ghost standup.

#6712 8 years ago

There was the video below, which showed mostly the programmer Sullivan's back, but you got to hear the sounds and a few peeks at the display and playfield:

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/vb.136972659243/10153974139089244/?type=2&theater

#6713 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I read somewhere Jack Danger aka dead flip is playing ghostbusters on live stream on March 15th
More info would be appreciated

Dead_Flip_GB_(resized).jpgDead_Flip_GB_(resized).jpg

#6717 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

So I tried to skim the last 30 pages of this thread, and came up empty. I'm sure someone already answered, but hell if I can't find the answer - when are folks thinking these will start shipping. A couple months, a year?

I would guess the Pro in April.

#6854 8 years ago

SPELLING ALERT! No one panic, it's only on the computer notes. Whew!

Zuul_Terror_dog_(resized).jpgZuul_Terror_dog_(resized).jpg

#6922 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Was hoping they would finish the artwork that is missing on the left outlane where the wood was replaced by a metal strip for the extra lane. Artwork is missing on the flyer. Looks unfinished if you ask me.
Still has the plastic caps as well in both outlanes. Also no plastic still on the single newton ball.
Stern's first playfield mods?

All the pics that were released last week and on the flyer is a prototype playfield. All those things you're hoping get changed might get changed for production games.

I could have sworn I saw two or three pics that showed artwork on the small plastic over the Slimer bash toy. It wasn't through IGN, but I can't find it now. I would hope that gets artwork, as well.

#6970 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

ACDC sold more than met for sure .

I wouldn't say "for sure," especially since Stern is still making MET. I would think ACDC and MET are one and two, whichever order. It would be interesting to know, for sure.

#7029 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Yeah I logged a bug of how to recreate at least one of the double post issues but not heard anything. It is getting to ridiculous levels... And posting this slung me to page 138? But the post box didn't clear. This is what I reported before. Hopefully they figure it out.

That's what has been happening to me the last few weeks. Slung back 3 or 4 pages with the post box not clearing. I have learned not to hit submit a second time. If I close the tab and re-open Pinside, I see my post, and I avoid the duplicate. I think people see the post box still and hit submit again.

#7050 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Think how many times a day those poor roulette dealers hear Passenger 57 quotes. I'm sure they feel a touch of joy when red comes up.

They would feel a touch of joy 53.63% of the time, counting the times it lands on green, as well.

#7069 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

So I assume this is just the pro rules?

GB_Pro_Rules_(resized).jpgGB_Pro_Rules_(resized).jpg

#7484 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Same. I heard any interesting take on GB2 that kinda made me rethink the movie...in a bad way though, lol.
So the Ghostbusters save the city / world in the first film. There are thousands of eye witnesses that see the ghosts and Mr. Stay Putt. Now one would think they would be hero's to everyone! Yet they were according to Winston "sued by every city, county and state agency in New York" and everyone at the beginning of the second film thinks they are frauds. What a bunch of BS!
"Yeah, but what a ride" Ray
Ok, I'm done venting about GB2, lol.

What the heck?! Blasphemy! The next thing you know, someone will poke holes in the plot for The Force Awakens!

#7703 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

More gameplay video. This is over the shoulder instead of straight down which shows the slimmer toy functionality a bit clearer.
» YouTube video

I wish the guys who steam would use more of an angle like this, except a little closer and zeroed in on the playfield. I can't stand watching streams with the bird's eye view. Even if the boom was mounted a few inches above the player's head would give a better angle than bird's eye, and still not intrude on the player.

#7739 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Steamer1_(resized).jpg

Ha ha. Fixed. \/ \/

Quoted from Sparky:

I wish the guys who stream would use more of an angle like this, except a little closer and zeroed in on the playfield. I can't stand watching streams with the bird's eye view. Even if the boom was mounted a few inches above the player's head would give a better angle than bird's eye, and still not intrude on the player.

Both pics below were shown in the same size window on youtube. If the one on the left were on center, over the head of the player and zoomed in, seems like a better angle. Maybe it's a glare thing?

GB_Stream_(resized).jpgGB_Stream_(resized).jpg

#7802 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I told him to hire Zombie Yeti for all future projects.

Dirty Donnie is on a future project for Stern. I'd be happy if DD and ZY alternated work on every future title.

#7817 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Me too. We'll just have to see unfortunately.
They are putting a lot of eggs in the GB basket so you'd have to figure this will be pretty polished.
On the other hand, Trudeau isn't exactly talking these up like the greatest thing since sliced bread. id like to hear a "They're awesome" but no one is saying that.

Only Pinside has a way of building something up as the next best thing since sliced bread, only to tear down as a problem a few pages later.

2 weeks later
#9006 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes, but I can't think of anything in any kind of modern setting.. there were some EM's, particularly Williams, that had a U shaped lane where the objective was to put all the balls on one side or the other to increase scoring.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=640&picno=14207

Mustang's Donut Time is similar, isn't it? Just one ball and no lock post, but probably more similar than Skylab or even Big Bang Bar.

#9143 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I think this will look a lot better in person. I don't think the detail and depth of the engraving are coming off in those sub-par pictures.

I think so, too. The first pic looked like a decal. The last photo shows a lot more depth and detail, and in no way looks "cheap."

#9440 8 years ago

Why does anyone care which version someone else gets/wants?

#9570 8 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Agree.
The biggest complaint I hear about these "magna-slings" is that "it will cause the player to lose control of the ball" or "It'll be unpredictable" Isn't that the whole point of slingshots anyway? To get the player to lose control of the ball. This is just a fun and novel way of doing it.

There shouldn't be any complaints because no one posting has experienced them yet. Once the game is released, this is going to be such a "non-issue" that years down the road we'll be sitting around the campfire telling stories about "remember when everyone was worried about the magna-slings?"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=Sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.