IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Word on the street is that Stern will be releasing a "Classic" Ghostbusters pin early next year unrelated to the female reboot of the same name. Interested in Pinsiders speculation, wants, desires and fears about this pin.

My biggest fear is that the rumors are true, and that they really are making a pin based on the 1984 film.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Right because pins based on old movies/themes (TaF, AFM and JD for example) are never worth having in a collection!

I don't like the GB film period. Even if it were released last week, it wouldn't be a theme I'd like on a pin.

Like any pin ever released, regardless of theme, it could wind up being a great player. Rumor is that ZombieYeti will be doing the artwork, which will make a huge difference. And it is rumored that it will have an LCD. Those two things excite me. The fact that it will be used on a GB does not.

I just really hope that the super annoying theme song is not used in the pin.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Regardless of how you liked the movie, a 1984 GB pin WILL PRINT MONEY.

Yes, there do seem to be a lot of fans around here. I don't get it myself, but it does seem that there are plenty of people who would like to see this theme.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We get it. You don't need to keep reminding us in every Ghostbusters thread...you're embarrassing yourself.

Funny, because I don't feel even slightly embarrassed.

By the way, I don't like GB as a movie.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Ghostbusters is a popular theme.

Never claimed otherwise.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

I wouldn't mind comic-style artwork...

ghostbusters_2_page_16_by_luisdelgado-d4cmni5.jpg

+ 1 million on this!!

I have to think that this is a strong possibility too, since the rumor is that ZombieYeti is doing the artwork.

This would be fantastic if this happens. I would seriously consider getting on board if GB is done in this manner, without artwork from the movie. I don't need Bill Murray on the cabinet, pf, or backglass.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've enjoyed the comic books they've put out and playfield art like that would be awesome. But I think you have to have some connection to the movie. For me, it would be callouts, music, and if LCD then scenes from the movies but all of the art could be comic book style and I would be extremely happy.

If the artwork is based on comics and they don't use the theme song, I will be able to look past the fact that I don't care for the movies if it also plays good.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:How would you feel if someone acted like you are in the Alien thread?

Easily butthurt, aren't you?

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not a chance. Absolutely iconic and tied to the license.

Bummer.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As an obsessive non-fan, your opinion carries no value. F off and leave the thread.

You know me better than that. The more you say shit like that, the more I will keep reposting about the fact that I don't like the movie(s)...and that the theme song sucks ass!

Seriously, that theme song would grate on my nerves worse than some of the sounds in WOZ, including the stupid witch.

Please reply to this post, so I can keep going.

7 months later
#12801 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

One thing for sure, you cannot compare the artwork. Alien looks like a generic sticker book Playfield. Ghostbusters could be hung in a museum!

It's funny cuz it's true!

3 weeks later
#14106 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I had invisglass but I was paranoid about scratches. Every time my kids touched it I panicked and ran for the ammonia free cleaner. Ultimately, I think Color DMD trumps invisiglass dollar for dollar, but to each his own.

It's too bad that you were so paranoid about scratches. There's no reason to be. I have either Invisiglass or PDI on all of my pins, and we've had lots of parties for my girls over the years with dozens of kids (12-17) who would be leaning over the glass on both sides and would leave huge streaks and finger prints all over the glass. I've never had a single scratch on any of them.

There was a thread discussing which was the better upgrade, PDI or Color DMD. Color DMD won the poll easily, but I'd take PDI glass over the color dmd myself. Reason being that I only see the color dmd occasionally when I'm playing. By contrast, I am looking at (through) the PDI glass nearly the entire time that I am playing. To me, it isn't even close: if I could only have one or the other, I'd take the PDI, but I am one of those people who thinks that it makes a *huge* difference. Many people think it is only marginally better.

Edit: here is the original thread with discussion: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-a-better-mod-for-the-money-colordmd-or-invisiglass

#14112 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Really depends on the game for me...

That makes sense. I mean a pin like MB where you get the chance to look at the DMD more than normal would make it a closer call for me vs something like IM where you don't see the DMD much while playing.

#14559 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Do what you want, just don't go around calling the stock game poorly designed.

Huh? He specifically listed numerous issues with the pin that appear to be poorly designed.

I see nothing wrong with calling a horse a horse.

#14570 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The flipper gap is not a design flaw. It's a choice. It's a choice that has been made many times before.

Thank you, Captain Obvious!

The post that you responded to said not a single word about the gap being a "design flaw." He said:

Quoted from kpg:

Did JT also design the captive ball wireform to bend?
Did JT design the original slimer mech to not register consistently on each hit?
Did JT design the game for the balls to hop the wire guides and drain?
Did JT design the Scoleri targets with a spring that immediately bricks the ball or airballs into the drain?
Did JT design the outlanes so that there is no way to nudge to save the ball, especially after the slings activate?

Do you see any mention of the flipper gap there?

The other stuff is all that NIB breaking in period, aside from the bending wire guide. That is an issue, sure. The rest of the stuff is all overblown "issues" that come with a brand new pinball machine. Airballs and guide hopping happen all the dang time on new games that haven't settled down. That's not a design flaw.

So the Slimer mech not registering hits is just a problem that will go away magically after the "NIB breaking in period?"

The Scoleri targets will stop causing airballs after the "NIB breaking in period?"

The outlane guides will suddenly start allowing nudges to save the ball after the "NIB breaking in period?"

#14571 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No, but in this instance it's how the game is meant to be set up. It's like taking the lightning flippers off of BSD. Those shots were laid out with specific geometry in mind and the stock flippers achieve that.

Wrong.

BSD was originally designed for standard flippers. The lightning flippers were added later (but before release of the pin).

#14580 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Don't you have anything better to do than to white knight for other posters? AND YOU ONLY QUOTED HALF OF HIS POST. This isn't the first time I've seen you ignore half of posts, either. That's not how reading and responding works. You're ridiculous. I'm done with you. You can stop trying to police my posts around Pinside, because I'm not paying you any attention from here on out. You're not worth the time because you're irrational, manipulative, and frankly, a pretty annoying person.
Good luck with the future sale on The Hobbit. I hope it doesn't shrink your dick too much to admit you were wrong when the time comes...

I pointed out specific things that were said that YOU ignored, but you go on a rant about ME ignoring things? Project much?

And now you start with the personal insults? Really? What's wrong, did I hurt your feelings because I pointed out that you were wrong about your statement about how BSD was specifically designed for the geometry of the shots to be used with lightning flippers?

Lighten up Francis!

#14583 7 years ago

I'm still debating whether I will get a GB down the road. If I do, I am putting these on.

Messages_Image(2121411729)_(resized).pngMessages_Image(2121411729)_(resized).png

#14638 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

We've already seen that people throwing on carrot flippers are getting much, much higher scores. The improvement in score isn't mild by any means. I think that validates that the game was designed around the flipper game to keep things balanced.

Your post doesn't even make sense.

Did I miss the posts saying that the game was not designed around the flippers that come on the pin?

People who close the outlanes from the factory setting are going to get higher scores too. So? I really don't even understand what your point is. Maybe someone else can decipher it for me?

#14653 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Because GB is just as brutal as IM, but with way more SDTM's due to a large flipper gap and "geometry" meant to send the ball careening down a 180* straight angle between two flippers that were geometrically placed to not allow saves and to geometrically piss you the fuck off.

IM kicks ass, despite the fact that it kicks my ass on a regular basis. But the reason it kicks ass is that the ruleset perfectly compliments the short ball times on that pin.

Can the same be said for the ruleset on GB?

#14658 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

who says the ball times on GB are short? It's a tough game but like IM experience will make the game more playable.

Didn't answer my question though. Does the ruleset compliment the layout/ball times? You say it's a tough game, but in the prior sentence you seem to indicate that the ball times are not short.

How is it a tough game if the ball times aren't short?

1 week later
#14879 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I gave up on PDI glass and went with Invisiglass. Cheaper, ships next day, and just as good as PDI. I've seen them next to each other and I have 20/15 eyesight (thanks to LASIK) and couldn't tell the difference. But I sure as hell saw the price difference and how quickly my tracking number was emailed to me

#14887 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I've seen that video a couple of times, there just isn't a noticeable difference like that video shows when actually on a machine in real life. There's literally no difference.

I have both and can definitely see the difference. I prefer PDI, but when Invisiglass is on sale, I have bought it and been satisfied. Just not to quite as good as the PDI to me.

#14956 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...is what Hobbit preorders said two years ago.

My Hobbit distributor and Jack told me when I ordered that it would be 2-3 months. It was two.

But yeah, that was *not* two years ago. It was about 2 months ago.

#14969 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No...he hates and actively calls out that sort of behavior. He wouldn't!

Nah I just hate people who act like they know what they are talking about when that clearly isn't the case.

#14998 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think he was just roped into Team JJP's narrative early. It happens.

Gotta love how everything is a competition between two pin manufacturers with you.

Someone posts something negative about Stern so you automatically go into your allegation that it must be a JJP zealot. And you just made a post complaining about Hobbit being brought into this thread? Hypocrisy much?

#15001 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You guys need to get a room.

No thanks, I don't swing that way. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

#15010 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

confused little man

Says the guy who was adamant that the geometry on BSD was designed based on lightning flippers.

#15188 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

My point is that people are getting so worked up over the flipper gap without really spending time on it. That is all.

I have not played GB yet, but I will say this: I find it very strange indeed to see all this extensive discussion (and mostly bashing) of the Trudeau flipper gap.

I owned (and really liked) Mustang LE. I honestly don't recall any discussion of the flipper gap on that pin in the owner's thread. If there was discussion about it, it was pretty minimal I can tell you that. It would *appear* (again, I have not played GB...based solely on posts I've read) that GB might be more unforgiving than Mustang, so now the flipper gap is being blamed even though it was never an issue on Mustang.

Strange.

#15218 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What's IMs wiz...Jerhico? Shit I don't even know the name it's so hard.

That would be Do or Die Multiball. Aka the most unachievable wizard mode in pinball.

Valinor? nope....

Yep.

#15223 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

EDIT: Frog Frenzy on RBION...through that one in there....uff.

Ah good one, forgot about that. Owned RBION and managed to get to Atlantis. Frog Frenzy? Nope.

#15228 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just got one. Shots that hit the posts on either side of the scoop airball you to death. DESIGNER'S INTENT!?!?!?
Do they all do that or is mine suffering from shop-out-itis? I'm thinking about replacing the ring post with sleeve-style posts. Lawlor is gonna KILL me!

Yeah, put the sleeves on. That's what mine had. Have fun. Very underrated pin! I put it pretty close to the very top of the best bang for the buck pins out there.

1 week later
#15442 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Mustang is fantastic, however.

Super fun pin, and probably the most underrated Stern pin of the last 3 years.

#15522 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

In other news. Not trolling here... Honest!! I just saw the new film and it's actually really good. It's filled with reverent nostalgic nods to the original, but also has a personality of its own, and it's filled with actually funny lines. The FX are incredible too. Plus, there are some amazing kick ass action scenes. Don't want to derail the thread about this, but I would encourage you to see it. I'm glad I did.

Seems like the reviews are all over the place.

RT has the critics at 73% liking it, but the Audience score is very low at 45%.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016/

#15533 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well, yeah, technically people could have seen it...but we all know that this movie gets trolled any time anything about it posted online. All the YouTube negative comments and thumbs down, the Facebook trolling, and the Twitter hate are nonstop. There's no way all the people rating the movie actually saw it already.

So it's just like the Pinside ratings?

2 weeks later
#15977 7 years ago
Quoted from SeanOleary:

I'm just gonna say it.

So am I:

Hi Kaneda!

#15992 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Shrinking and expanding would only leave a hairline crack in the clear that follows the edge of the insert. the fact that the clear is not adhering to the insert leads me to believe that the plastic is not being prepared properly to accept the clear. (Like sanded and sprayed with a plastic adhesion promoter...) Good prep work shouldn't lift... perhaps there is a slow reaction between the plastic and the clear causing the delamination. A shaker motor could easily accelerate any underlying problems, but I would guess they need to evaluate the way the plastic inserts are prepared for Paint/Clearcoat...
Just my opinion.

I tend to agree with this. And if this is the issue, I don't think any amount of additional curing will help, will it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.