IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#949 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

In before the lock.

+1

2 months later
#4858 8 years ago

Just registered for the Expo.$150.00
Since I live in Vegas.It's a no-brainer.
Stern pinball and Heighway pinball are on the list.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5251 8 years ago

Be in front of your computer or streaming device on Tuesday March 15 folks!

#5358 8 years ago

@trekkie1978

You talked me into it!
Time to break the wrap on the 4k remastered Blu-rays!

#5360 8 years ago

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#5366 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5369 8 years ago

#5370 8 years ago

#5372 8 years ago

#5787 8 years ago

12 shots on GB vs 8 on GOT.

=50% more fun?.GB for the win!

#6053 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Whoo-hoo!…my friend, who lives 15 minutes from me, has an LE coming!

Bananas_dance.gif

That's Bananas!

#6790 8 years ago

"Ghostbusters" first rating on pinside is from......

#6981 8 years ago

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:I resemble that remark!
You could very well be right, but after all the games Ive bought and sold in 44 years, Ive only lost on 2.
(And enjoyed them all except Bellringer, a $50 loss)
Is it possible it sucks, I dont like it, and sell at a loss?
Sure! But Ill gamble on my experience with no worries either way.
Personally, I feel this will excel in my expectations, Im a Magnet Junkie, and these slings are my epiphany!
Next are Newton Balls....Now theres two to my taste. Holograms? Peppers Ghost? Bunches at home and at work.....
Im playing this game in my dreams already!
(Yes, I am in Pinball Therapy Sessions! )

#7162 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I can do without that topper

Too Fisher-Pricey for me.

And they will probably ask 499.00 for it!

#7169 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I missed dead flip on twitch. Anywhere else I could see a video ?

Yes,On dead flip twitch .Replay is instant.His youtube channel takes time to upload.So,Tommorow for youtube.Twitch is viewable now as a replay!

#7172 8 years ago

The right ramp is a drag on the pro.I hope the right ramp on the LE and Prem has opto's and registers as a shot and is not for show!

I will be playing the Pro @ the Vegas Expo Tommorow and Thursday From 10a-6P.I will just keep getting back in line for the whole 16 hours(2 days worth).

FYI to self.Bring lots of protein bars and glucose tablets!.

I will report back...........

#7199 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Are you serious? No switch at all?
Is that the same ramp with ecto goggles on the le?

Ecto goggles is the right orbit shot on LE and Prem.When a ghost is projected,It will register as a hit.With no ghost projected,It's just a right orbit shot.

The right ramp on pro doesn't register as a right ramp shot (No opto's or gate to register the shot like the left ramp)

On the LE an Prem they had extra room for a real right ramp (due to subway that goes under playfield).It's the one with the sharp right turn with the metal crossover to the left flipper (But I don't see a gate or opto's on that ramp)

So after you hit that ramp,It feeds the left in-lane switch.So the game will not even know the ball came from the right ramp unless the ball passes a opto or gate.And I don't see one?.

#7201 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Can someone find out if the proton led plugs behind the drain lanes will or will not make the production... And if they are who's doing this mod lol

The plugs will be there.But the Streams didn't make the cut.After-market mod possible.But they won't interact with the code!

#7203 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The ionfamous bi-sexual ramp

That's funny sh*t!

#7205 8 years ago

dup

#7208 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

ah, right, it's the "double duty" ramp on the Pro.
Glad I'll have an LE.

For the money.The pro is great.

But LE and Prem is going to Rock!.And the right ramp is going to be a great shot.I just hope we get credit for the shot!

#7211 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Do you know if it didn't make the cut due to cost or was there a problem with it working correctly or breaking? Seems strange to have holes on the playfield for them if there wasn't a problem with them. If it was a cost saving measure maybe they can be convinced to sale a kit to add them on? Just curious.

I asked the question 10 times with not response!

My guess is cost.(Gomez pulled them).Or They couldn't get them pass inspection (Eye danger).

#7215 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There is a switch right after the sharp curve on le

I had to look hard!.But I found the switch.You are correct.That is good news.Now I am pumped!

#7256 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Speaking of which, why is the firehouse so damn big? You have a good point on the bare metal lane guides. I'm surprised they didn't put at least one rubber post in there.

We can always drill some pilot holes and screw these in?.

#7575 8 years ago

Went to the Vegas Expo today.Got to play with Keith Elwin on his B-Day!.He hit 21 Super Jackpots in a row And ended up with over 2,000,000,000 points.That's Billion folks!

The game is brutal!.Except for Elwin.Right ramp on pro is lame.Premium is the way to go.Only 2 ball hang ups in 6 hours.That wouldn't happen on the Prem or LE.Due to different design.

If you can you afford a Pro.You will still enjoy and get good value for your money!

The game is Awesome.Has that "One more game feel".Code needs work.Still in beta.

All the Sharpe boys were present!

I played for 6 hours straight!

GOT was the least played game!

Pictures for now.Can't post video from iPhone.

I recorded Elwin's monster game!.It is now live.Two posts down #7577.I have more video for a later post........

#7577 8 years ago

Elwin's 2 Billion game video.21 Super Jackpots in a row.The birthday boy is a machine!

#7579 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for all the photos
and I noticed one art issue or change in regards to the lhs in lane guides where it has 2 blank timber circles - wonder if these will be filled in or posts go in ?

ad8b16d40d812144a1e443dbc9e0e247e2af7658.jpeg_(resized).jpg

These are prototype playfields.I will ask this question tomorrow.I will be doing another 6 hour run the GB pro!

Any other questions?.

#7582 8 years ago

Elwin's final score!

#7585 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

- yes please ask about the timber dots
- can you ask how balls need to be loaded up so I can go and buy a head to replace....
- can you ask if the library mold will be a purchaseable mod for the Pro?
and maybe you know this one as noticed when the ball comes out of the pops on the rhs it seemed to get diverted or hung up on a bracket in the twitch feed, it's to the rhs of the captive ball - like a weird black bracket - can you describe what this is?

8492080f56a98d49eaeb0ffc5c1f9d03ac67bc08.jpeg_(resized).jpg

6 balls in game.
But you will want to replace the 3 captive balls on the left and 1 for the middle.
The captive balls behind the stationary one are horrible with no shine.
They will chew up the Playfield for sure.
So,10 shiny new balls!

Black gate is to prevent SDTM balls coming out of the pops.

#7587 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What about these for the the captive balls? Monster green would suit the theme well (from http://modmypin.com/). Perhaps green in the left newton toy, and blue or pink in the center one.
Screen_Shot_2016-03-17_at_6.12.42_AM_(resized).png

Those would work fine.They are not cheap.Metal core and same weight.

#7789 8 years ago

Some questions answered by Gary Stern today!

Playfield will not have the wood colored dots above left in lanes.These are Proto Playfields.

Library 3D mold will not be a add-on for the pro."If you want it to look like a premium then buy a premium".His words.He is strictly business when you chat with him.

I told him to hire Zombie Yeti for all future projects.If the license with allow.Not all due.
He likes his work.I told him I am buying a GB Prem based off Art first.Gameplay second.

I also told him I passed on GOT due to the poor art.He said they are still making them.I said that the LE's are still not sold out yet.GBLE sold out in one day?
I told him they would be making a lot more if it wasn't copy and paste.Zombie Yeti will sell more pins.Lazy art sells less pins.Good on route.Not so good for HUO.He listens more than he speaks.

Gene Simmons stopped by.Signed some flyers.Cool cat!.

#7803 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

How much did Gene charge for the autographs?

No charge! I just need to tape it to the cabinet of a LE and charge $11,900

#7914 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Did you think it was a drain monster?

It is a drain monster!.But I Love it!.It was the only stern pin I played at the Vegas expo.

#8448 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea guys I played it today the ramp was pretty easy to hit on the pro, doubt it will be a lot tougher on the premium.

When I played the Pro in Vegas.The ball screams up that plastic left ramp.

The Prem & LE's left ramp is steeper.But it is also made of metal,Which should allow the ball to fly up that ramp fast.

If the flippers get weak on a game on route.That might be a different story.But for a HUO game.I can't see a problem.And if there is.I will wax the ramp!.

#8458 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

You guys had me comparing the ramps and I just noticed the little reflector for the PKE inserts. That's a welcome addition from moving my head around on GOT LE trying to see behind all the nonsense.
2_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

I was still moving my head a lot at the Expo playing it.It didn't seem to help.It might work a lot better with dim room lights.The overhead lights at the Expo are bright and probably washed out the reflector.

3 weeks later
#10228 8 years ago

After watching the Mag-Sling video.I am more excited about the pre-installed Cliffy on the right scoop!.

I will hold judgement on the Mag-Slings until I see Dead_Flips video of a LE or Prem.Or play in-person.

Honestly,regular slings have no code involved.Mag-Slings are a huge undertaking.They could spend months or years coding those for different modes.It is going to be a crazy feature of the game.It is a perfect fit for a "ghostbusters" pin.

In the end.They will be different.But how good they are going to work will depend on how much time and money stern is willing to invest on a feature that they will probably never use again.

2 weeks later
#11871 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Can anyone tell me where in the stream they show off the ecto goggles?
Still don't understand them,do you have to lean over and look from the top? Or are they somehow projected underneath?

Here it is..........

https://www.facebook.com/DeadFlip/videos/632761773538312/

#12263 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It is a Mattel toy it fits great. No modifications needed. Part of a 1-4 this piece comes in the Winston Zeddemore pack #4 . Easy on easy off. $20.
Glow in the dark also!

The only one I could find was on ebay.Got it for $34.00 shipped.These are hard to find!.But a great mod.It just sits on top of the flasher?.It doesn't fall off?.No hot glue required?.

#12268 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This was the first night with it on. I used some Velcro to attach. I wanted to be able to remove it if I wanted to without damage to the machine. It worked fine.

Could you post a picture of the Velcro placement?

#12586 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I lot of people got pissed at me when I mentioned Stern should pause the production line to fix these issues.. And said I was crazy for saying so, and that Stern should *not* pause the line.
Well, it seems they are doing the right thing! A distributor I have used in the past let me know that Stern has definitely paused production of GB to "re-work the Slimer mechanism" and also the engineering team is coming up with a solution for the wire form bending issue that they want to resolve before putting the LE's on the line.
I'm happy to say that Stern has listened and I'm appreciative of that. I'm ok with waiting longer for my LE as long as it has these issues resolved.
Props to Stern

Glad to hear!.I was going to downgrade from a premium to a pro.The Slimer hitting the black metal above the captive ball then running into the purple buildings was a turn-off for me.Those reasons alone made me consider a Pro.

Stopping production to resolve these things and the metal wire bending issue is the right thing to do.I called Chas a few days ago at stern and told him that I was considering canceling my order with my distributor because of these concerns.

Bravo Stern!.Well Played......

#12625 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

On Stern's FB page somebody asked about the bash toy hitting the plastic buildings, etc when he rotates around. They said the toy wouldn't show damage because the slimer is molded in green plastic.
They didn't mention the probability of eventually scratching up the buildings or newton ball setup.
So I don't think it raises and lowers at all - just side to side like a windshield wiper.

During the Stern factory Dead Flip video.I asked about Slimers movement.And the response was that Slimer has a Swooping motion.No up and down in LE and Premium.So he doesn't Swoop properly over the captive ball or near the buildings.He bangs into them.Which is a design flaw.And is unacceptable to me at a 7 to 8k price point!

If they don't fix that issue.I will be happy with a Pro.

#12653 7 years ago

I am not concerned with the ball hitting slimmer at warp-speed!.What I don't like is the clunky movement of him hitting the captive ball metal and the buildings.

Stern uses computer programs to build these things.Looks like they added Slimer after the build.If they intergrated him with the orginal
design of the LE and Prem.The computer program could of moved or adjusted things for a smooth moving Slimer.

I have OCD.So if this is not fixed.Then I go Pro and not wig out.lol

#12984 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Here some shots of my GB PRO custom.
EDIT : List of use parts ...
--------
||| Some metal parts on playfield are polished for a mirror effect (ball guides/ball gates etc...)
||| LED Green DMD / Green Display Cover
||| Invisiglass
||| Shaker Motor
||| White Silicon Rubber
||| Blue mettalic flipper buttons
||| Blue mettalic flipper bat
||| Purple mettalic Starpost
||| Mini post green neon
||| Custom Instructions Cards
***Chrome***
||| Chrome Sides mirror
||| Chrome Coindoor
||| Chrome Side rails loly pop
||| Chrome Lockbar
||| Chrome Hinge's
||| Chrome Leg's
||| Chrome Shooter ball
||| Chrome T-molding on backbox
||| Chrome Trim Rear Glass
***MOD's***
||| Plastic Protector Green Neon
||| Acrylic Design Speaker
||| Speaker Light LED Kit
||| Ghost Trap LED
||| Proton Pack LED
||| Ecto-1A Car LED
||| Ecto Goggles LED
----------
Click for full size
----------

WOW!

#13061 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Someone is going to have to slow down the video and try to get a shot of the slimer mech I'll try but it won't be for a few hours and then I may be one beer to many

Slimer mech is new and revised.Unfortunately the wire that has been bending on the side of the captive ball near the ghost target has not been revised.

As you can see from the # plate on LE on my last posted photo.They are pumping them out with the wire that is going to bend.

Looks like they are not going to stop production on a part that they don't need to warranty anyway.

Granted they did fix the Slimer mech.But they probably won't put a heavier gauge wire near the captive ball till the Prem's hit the line.Or maybe they won't make any changes for the bending wire issue at all?.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#13064 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

How about pre wrapping it with rubber to diffuse the blow

If you put on a rubber.The ball will get stuck on the rail and prevent a hit on the stand-up pick.It's a tight fit in there!.Two balls after the captive one is better than one.And the second ball might help absorb the blow.

#13066 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The wire should be replaced with a solid stainless ball guide.

Yep!.But that would cost more money!.They already have a thousand wire guides made.

1 week later
#13616 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

What a disappointing shooter knob. Cancelling my order.

Found on ebay!

#14009 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Installed pinball universe kit.

Do you luv it?.

#14057 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That's exactly why I went invisiglass. Contact Jen @ JJP and she will give you a better price then the website, and it will ship within 1-2 days. I literally paid much less for a sheet of Invisiglass vs PDI and looking at PDI sitting next to Invisiglass, I couldn't tell the difference except one cost more and takes forever to be shipped.
Invisiglass is hands down the best mod u can do to any pinball machine, period.

I own one sheet of Invisiglass.I move it to my newest pin.Remember to clean the glass as recommended!

1 month later
#15978 7 years ago

I just cancelled my GB Premium order.I am done buying new sterns for now.I will re-evaluate next year.Stern needs to get the best people in the business to make and coat the playfields!

This is not a simple fix after the game ships.It is a huge mistake to cut corners and go cheap on playfields.

Playfields should be top priority!.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

15,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=Pinzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.