IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6014 8 years ago

Just noticed the reflection off the clearcoat on the bottom left of this pic. Look at that sweet CC! Looks a bit like a gravel road.
Let's hope this was just a proto PF

On another note Yeti served up a ridiculously busy PF (that we pin fans like!) and the colors used are great but I wonder if IN PERSON all those thin painted "vacu-form" buildings and structures will look as good as it does in the pics? Or will it look flimsy and cheesy in real life?

Hopefully the former!

stern-ghostbustersle-details-13jpg-c74fcc_640w_(resized).jpgstern-ghostbustersle-details-13jpg-c74fcc_640w_(resized).jpg

#6018 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I am about to pull the credit card out, but that horrible clear-coat also bothers me... This will be my first NIB.

Well they did say the spelling will be corrected so this PF probably had just one quick half-spray and that's it. Hence the raw wood texture.

Still it reminds you of the gamble of a Stern NIB. You just don't really know if you'll get a nice glossy PF or one that looks like the photo but is still "within quality range"...as they'll say when you complain. I've ended up with both in the past...

#6470 8 years ago

Yeah let's bring up a phobia that involves images on a public interwebz forum... what could go wrong?

Btw if perforated images DO bother you... better not look at the app screen on the Apple watch. This phobia promptly got flogged to death on the Apple forums when the watch was first released.

#6487 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

In all these posts, I've only seen one person mention this. Everyone's ok with this?

GB_Apron_(resized).jpg

I find it rather... disturbing. Is there supposed to be an invisible ghost head between his legs or something? Then the expression on his face might make sense.

#6596 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

it clearly is. I don't understand the controversy.

No controversy. Just my bad... I hadn't seen the movie in 25 years and forgot the events towards the end. STILL find the expression on his face a little creepy though. But quite accurate to the movie obviously

#6687 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hopefully somebody comes up with a properly sculpted fire station. The current one on both models looks pretty lame.

image_(resized).jpeg

At first glance I thought it was a slot machine...hmmm dumb me

#6788 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I hope those magnetic slings don't cause the playfield to crater in above the flippers. What are the chances that area needs to be mylared to prevent wearing? It sounds like a neat idea, but it also has the potential to really suck as a feature too.
Rob

I doubt if it would cause any more wear than traditional modern slings powerfully smacking the ball away from those same spots constantly. Then again some put down mylar in front of the slings so I think it will be a personal choice...as with any machine.
Luckily all I would want is the Premium (if any at all) so I have time to actually try it out first.

Sounds like the flippers will be widely spaced... I forget but he did CFTBL right? I guess I could walk up the stairs to check...how lazy am I today?

#7093 8 years ago

I bet all those workers are thinking "dumb gringos waste thousands buying silly and unneeded toys"

And yes guyz - hit post exactly ONCE and there are no issues. Doesn't matter if you get a black screen, an error screen or it throws you back 4 pages. Post once and your pearls of wisdom will be there at the end of the thread.

#7098 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

In addition to pinball machines, I collect spores, molds, & fungus.

I think you'll want to come check my fridge then... you'll find some unique and exciting specimens.

#7112 8 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

Will video of the stream be available right afterwards on YouTube? I will be driving home from work, and I hate having to watch TV on my phone while I'm driving.

Yeah running over pedestrians can be such a bother. Don't stream and drive

#7114 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Should be saying "gringos buying silly toys keep food on the table and a roof over my head."

I figured somebody would reply with this... can't argue with it either.

#7119 8 years ago

After all the amazing hype here I did watch a little of the stream and guess what... it's just another pinball machine And I'm officially sick of the GB theme (if I wasn't already)... didn't hear any call outs??

In all seriousness I think we need to see the magnet kickers and hologram to differentiate this thing from all the others. Then I'll be hyped!

#7125 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I definitely see things I like. The ball sometimes rockets out of the pops instead of just losing momentum and being pooped out. There were a bunch of nice hand drawn DMD animations like the flying library books and captured ghosts rather than barely decipherable red movie clips. It looks like they're trying to make the skillshot worthwhile rather than just some low amount of points (+10% score, +super jackpot, etc.).
Maybe just me, but these are positive things on top of already very good looking package. I wish this were the "average game", I'm very excited to get my hands on one.

It got better when Dwight played it and knew what he was doing

#7127 8 years ago

I'd have serious deja vu playing this game. The ascending orchestra hits when it tallies up the score is EXACTLY like NGG. A little quicker but exactly the same. And sounding like a WMS is not a bad thing btw.

#7255 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

After watching the entire gameplay video, I noted the following criticisms- keep in mind, they are obviously not enough to cancel my LE order, but something I hope I am wrong about when I get mine:
1) The car horns honking need to go - that is going to drive me nuts. Way too dominating over everything else.
2) The flipper gap + brutal outlanes are going to be frustrating as hell for casual players who are over and want to play the machine - it looks very difficult and lots of "bad luck" drains- I lost count of outlane drains straight from the slings, it was pretty excessive.
3) There is literally one multi ball mode, and it although the intro is cool, it could get old fast. Where are the other multi balls? Why are they so difficult to start if there are more?
4) Topper. Everyone said what I already think, it looks very poor.
5) Does anyone know what they are even doing in the game? It seems the people playing only knew how to hit slimer and the rest was just random shots all over the place, with many shots resulting in STDM's.
My favorite pin of all time is TWD, and its difficulty keeps me coming back- thats why I am ok with it what I am seeing here, but I hope the Prem/LE is a huge step above what was shown today or that further code development will make this game much better as it seems pretty awesome already, but with obvious flaws IMO.

1) agreed
2) yeah if you can't close the outlanes much or tone down the slings it could be rough sledding indeed
3) That's the problem with "big intro" multiballs...great at first but pretty soon you wish you could fast forward through them (TAF I'm looking at you) And the code is considered prototype so I expect there will be much more
4) Toppers ugly but to me most toppers look out of place and useless. Keep it clean and don't put expensive closet clutter up there in the first place.
5) Except for Dwight of course nobody knew how to play it...and it showed but what did you expect? Most of these reveals nobody knows how to play 'em and I guess that's half the fun. They'll be better gameplay videos down the line.

I think the sound was pretty decent... as far as sounding "classic" it really *should* as there were some "classic" sounds lifted and shoved right in there...WOZ,NGG,etc. NOT hearing the main GB constantly was a great relief.

Overall I'd say it came off reasonably successful.

#7454 8 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

According to Dwight Sullivan's strategy guide, the scenes are organized into three ladders. So, it's linear within the three ladders but not completely linear overall.
--Luke
This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hideScenes_(resized).png 1

Let's hope it's not that linear because I had a nice Pinball Magic that I really wanted to keep but had to dump just for this reason. The thought of having to do the exact same modes every game became the ultimate turn off. I knew it was like that going in and thought I could live with it... but until you own such a linear machine you don't realize how tiresome it is.

I'm sure it can't be that bad.

#7901 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

there was some truth behind that tho. Tell me back in the day, there wasn't a person around who didn't own or previously owned a TZ. Seemed to be a standard back in the day.

So what's your point? I resemble that remark

#7989 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I was just referring to a post awhile back, about what makes you a true collector. and stating that Owning a TZ sometime in your career is the right of passage for becoming a true collector. It was kind of a joke, but at the same time, the old school crowd. You never knew anyone that have never owned a TZ. You would think it was TAF, because there are more of them. But TAF stayed on route. Ops kept them operated, even today. TZ was a dog on route, so the collector market is flooded with them. So we used to get them cheap, but it was a great game for home market. So everyone and their moms had one.
here's your TZ...and your offical certificate of being a pinball collector....congrats.

Yeah it just brought back some memories...my first was indeed actually TAF and FH from a guy in PA. Later I achieved my rank as collector by getting a TZ They're all long gone but not forgotten.

#7992 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is just a line, I think it's totally illegal by Stern to limit what CT can include with an order. I'm sure Stern can set a minimum sale price but that doesn't include bundled extras. CT can give you whatever the heck they want to.

Yeah just wait until the hoopla dies down and the deals will magically improve. With all the clamor for the title why would the dealers give anything away at this point? This is when you milk it a bit and then make more competitive deals when the demand drops.

For a Premium or Pro... why rush into it? You know like any title you'll be bored with it in a month anyways

#8060 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I'm not seeing that from the pics.

#8037 First pic I believe...

#8063 8 years ago

Only one close up of Slimer....not numbered 8037. I see no wear there.

Yes the pics are in post #8037. First pic shows the chipped up black metal bracket ABOVE the toy.

#8065 8 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I think that is just a clear plastic with black (and the number 41) on the bottom art layer of it. I believe the speck on top are dust and what you are seeing as being "chipped up" is just the way clear plastic looks on it's edges sometimes. It may be roughed up, but it would seem to me the block and pieces below that would be showing signs of abuse also if that were the case (which they aren't).
It seems they could have made that area a bit more appealing. I can understand it needing a cover and I'm guessing the plastic cover can't be directly on it (which is why it needs the bottom nuts for spacers), but it seems the bolts coming out the top are way longer than they need to be and it looks like something could have been done to make it look a bit more finished. Maybe they decided plain black was "plain" and that is what they were looking for.
plastic_(resized).jpg

Well in any case it's rather hideous and right in plain view so I suspect there will be an assortment of mods available to try to hide the thing.

In fact there is a GB mods thread... if the PF is not already cluttered up enough for your taste

3 weeks later
#9532 8 years ago

Yeah problem is a lot of us are burned out on the reversed flipper multiball thing as we did it to death on TSPP. So for some of us...
the less we see that gimmick the better.

1 week later
#10819 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No idea what you mean. How could Lyman have gotten this to a different level?? Is he a magician or something?

Yeah he sorta is...

#11230 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I really am surprised at some guys posting the drama on here about when the LE or Premium will ship..wasn't this thing announced just last month? And we got to see beta code on magna slings which should be a big hint that this thing is not close yet. Rather get this thing in August done right then June done wrong. You guys been waiting 30 years for this pinball right???
I got a question though. If you could get a shaker motor for free installed on this pin, would you do it? Do you think it would make it more fun or annoying?

I think you need to consider a) if you live in a detached home, and b) if anybody else lives there with you...and will they STILL live there with you after you get this

I can take 'em or leave them but it is something to think about. Pins aren't exactly silent in the first place.

#11315 7 years ago

I'd go ahead and put down some mylar and then sleep easy. Those half-moons used to be common practice until quality clearcoat arrived. It's probably overkill but why not? You can always carefully remove it later (when others report on the issue) and the area will be pristine.

#11667 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

On a side note as happy I am for this pin and happy it based off old movie it sure looks like the new movie is going to bomb like I guessed. http://hothardware.com/news/ghostbusters-remake-trailer-is-the-most-heinously-disliked-in-youtube-history

And naturally, for no real factual reason, they blame the negative reaction on "sexism" because the characters are female this time around. Real classy. I'd say what I think of the "reporter" and his bias but don't want to be accused of injecting politics into anything

#11670 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Awesome. That would definitely spark some discussion if it's determined those prototype playfields with the misspelled inserts play worse then the corrected spelling/production playfields.

I think you may be clutching at straws here... plus people that already have them in their home have the misspelled inserts so that kinda muddies the water also.

#11902 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was there a time where the magnet did any ball tricks?

Well it did drop it right down the middle at about the 43 min mark

#11932 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Kinda baffled why this would get down voted. Not saying you shouldn't have the language in there, just saying that an option to turn it off, which has been standard in pinball machines for the last 30 years or so, should be added...

Stern seemed open to doing this and I bet they will. They know a lot of their home customers have families and children and don't want to lose sales. I'd give them a little time as the questionable language comes direct from the movie samples they are using.

#12054 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Most of us understand that a tweak to the switch gap will make them far more active than what we saw yesterday. That's why people think it's great.

Yeah maybe somebody could explain how to do this to the game's actual designer... he never complained about the sling action or he could have simply reached under the bend the leaf switch more towards the rubber. There may be a reason you don't want the gap to be hair sensitive.

It would be the first thing I would try also but you'd think they would have tried this already and the negative may outweigh the positive.
We'll find out soon enough from the LE people. I think they're kinda neat myself.

#12057 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I only watched the video for a bit. Was there much action to the crossover ramp? That's one of the major differences between the Pro and the Premium/LE.

No. Seemed like an afterthought to the gameplay actually. Still...better to have it than not. They could always add some objectives to it later in the code I suppose.

#12098 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

That's my take as well. I did not watch the whole video but in what I saw there was little action to that ramp. It never seemed to be lit for anything and only made on accident. Thought there would be a mode where you try to repeat shots to it but that mode would not be possible on the pro. Hope it's not just some afterthought because that would suck. For me, the initial draw of the premium was the better looking ramp layout.

That's a great idea. Since it simply feeds back to itself a mini-mode could be to see how many repeated shots you could make.
It would make a nice little diversion from the main gameplay.

#12228 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Are you referring to the amazing LOTR fully metal custom fabricated, game specific sword, that is theme relevant, that has an interactive physical lock with auto ball swapping functionality?

I'm impressed. You've mastered Panzer-speak. I tried in a post but failed big-time.

#12579 7 years ago

That's why "complainers" are crucial over here. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that... good news for you guys.

#12623 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In the Video, I believe Slimer raises and lowers when leaving the buildings in the LE/Premium.
Is this correct?
I cant imagine they left the up and down motion completely out.
I think the code we see now is just right and left, and hope/believe/imagine, that with additional code there will be modes where it goes up and down, parking its ass in front of a shot as well.

On Stern's FB page somebody asked about the bash toy hitting the plastic buildings, etc when he rotates around. They said the toy wouldn't show damage because the slimer is molded in green plastic.
They didn't mention the probability of eventually scratching up the buildings or newton ball setup.

So I don't think it raises and lowers at all - just side to side like a windshield wiper.

#12626 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

During the Stern factory Dead Flip video.I asked about Slimers movement.And the response was that Slimer has a Swooping motion.No up and down in LE and Premium.So he doesn't Swoop properly over the captive ball or near the buildings.He bangs into them.Which is a design flaw.And is unacceptable to me at a 7 to 8k price point!
If they don't fix that issue.I will be happy with a Pro.

Yup. Plastics already break from time to time so I would hate to watch the machine do a harikari on itself every time you fire it up.

But who knows... maybe it would take a year before you see a definite groove dug into the plastics or a scratch on the newton...

Might not be a big issue. Does look a little awkward as he comes stumbling out like a drunk

#12631 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

That would be so weird if on the pro the Mac is to only go up and down and on the premium only right and left. Doesn't make much sense to me, but anything's possible....

I guess it makes sense from a business and reliability standpoint. One simple mech for each type of machine. Apparently a little up and down action for the beginning of his sweep was too ambitious for Stern.

I don't see an obvious solution for it either. If you raise the slimer to clear the plastics then the ball won't be able to hit it when it's in position. Smarter guys than me will figure it out though... that's if it's any kind of problem in the first place.

#12632 7 years ago

I love how no one cares about the Slimer toy getting hit by a steel ball at 5 MPH over and over, but heaven forbid the Slimer toy "brushes" something else at extremely low speeds....

Has nothing to do with the toy. Has to do with your expensive plastics getting gashed up over time. Very few things get scratched as easily as pin plastics

It just seems like an odd design choice.

1 week later
#13072 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Has anyone else gotten midnight madness? Happened to me last night. Not sure why because it was only 9:40 pm. Was super fun though. At first I thought something happened to my machine cause the ball drained and the all lights went out and nothing happened for like 10 sec. Could only hear the fan running.

Your clock must not be set right...?

2 weeks later
#14218 7 years ago

I just wonder how they made a machine about a funny kid's movie so completely... humorless?? Are there *any* funny call outs in this game at all?

In fact there seem to be almost no call outs at all... just 80's style music with some public domain sound effects (like the guitar pick scratch). Did Stern have to pay per sound clip or what? The lack of voices in this during gameplay is really noticeable.

Hudson sounds like he is channeling some William Shatner at one point... Get.the.extra.ball!

Funny watching people trying this out for the first time... you can tell they *want* to like it and then when they lose the ball repeatedly after 10 or 20 seconds they get this completely confused look on their face. "Is it supposed to be like this?"

#14229 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm starting to know what you mean sadly. I've been wondering what is mssing from the game but what you described above is it. I think the issue is that the games modes lack enough funny callouts from the films.
For example the "Who brought the dog" mode could have way more call outs from Louis Tully at his party (should be the start of the mode) to him running away and then callouts when he's talking to the guy operating the horse carriage. Hell if you drain during that mode have the game could say the "Wow, what an as*hole" line that the horse carriage guy says, lol. Right now a lot of the games modes feel like they lack substance and overall I think that makes the game feel slightly empty.

Yeah you would think it would be LOADED with funny quips from the movie but there is just... silence. I thought it would be full of personality considering the source.

There's something wrong when Buzz and Bud have a massive amount of one-liners from a game almost 20 years old and this has almost none.

Maybe they really did have to pay per line... otherwise why not fill the space with constant call-outs from the movie (s)???

#14231 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Some people have been saying this for some time.
Some people didn't want to listen.
I watched the stream for 15 minutes. Best score I saw was 12m. Everyone else was bang bang bang you're out of here buddy!!
rd

Some funny/sad stuff in that stream. Saw a Dad and his kid... kid's up first - *instantly* loses the ball down the middle and you can see him cursing.
Then Dad gets a shot... starts shaking the machine around...he's gonna KICK SOME ASS!! - then HE instantly loses the ball down the middle. Now they're BOTH cursing away

I get that we all like a tough game for the home...TWD is my ultimate fav. But the average guy sees this game with almost childish amount of color on the PF, hears the bouncy GB music and expects a TAF-like good time. Instead he gets these 20 sec ball times.

Could you imagine if they had a designer make a fun but forgiving layout to go with the art and music? Hell Stern would NEVER quit selling them.

Sure it might not be the machine for OUR homes but it could have made money rain on Stern for a decade.

#14331 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Why would they set the flippers any other way? Unless they are lying and set them up easier today so you can cradle the ball with out to much effort to help sell more games.

Well we know yesterday sure didn't help them sell any games!

#14593 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Woah Nellie! Big Juicy Magnets

Hmmm I DO like a woman that thinks like you

#14631 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Eh I think we all can be or have been douchebags at times.
Immature or not, it gives me pleasure he has been kicked out of "his" thread.

Yeah you would think a grown man that admits to collecting children's Ghostbuster toys his whole life would have an abundant sense of humor.

#14676 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Have you guys heard that JT used to be a dentist prior to being a pinball designer?
Pictured here is a satisfied patient of John Trudeau, DDS

Carrot flipper implants needed?

#14748 7 years ago

What's strange too is there are virtually NO random funny callouts at *all* in this game. You get Ernie's work and very few samples for the modes. That's it.

I thought this game would be overflowing with movie samples to give it some personality but they must have wanted Stern to pay for each phrase used... only thing I can think of.

1 month later
#15961 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone have this issue sometimes where the ball gets stuck in the poppers for a very long time? Today it got stuck in the pops for over two minutes !
After a minute of doing this, I decided to start recording it. Kind of annoying.. Just wondering if anyone with a Pro or LE has experienced this. 5 mins later, it did the same thing for about a minute or so.
» YouTube video

I saw this in another guy's video... and to think some complained about TWD "keeping the ball in pops too long"

Sorry about your inserts... it's ALWAYS been a gamble buying a Stern - but usually a pretty safe one. Only slightly worse than buyng a WMS NIB in my experience.

But right now it's become an unacceptable gamble.

#15972 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Guys, I'm struggling getting my slimers butt off the PF parts. Art was kind enough to help direct me to the set screw on top of the mech. I got that loosened (3/32 allen). Then the entire arm can be raised. I was able to get 4mm of elevation vs old mounting position. It definitely helped but did not cure. His butt still drags, just not as much. First pic is standard, next pic is my adjustment

I actually mentioned Slimer dragging his ass over PF plastics on Stern's facebook page when they showed the first LE video. They stated he was made of soft material so this wouldn't be an issue and was normal behavior. So there ya go... it's considered "normal".

Looks odd to me but that's apparently the way it was designed.

#15973 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It sucks that we as collectors care about something so insignificant as insert ghosting. Just a minor cosmetic flaw and barely noticeable but I understand why people wouldn't be happy. If you ever sell the game the buyer will try to make you knock money off the game to account for it. It really doesnt make the game any less fun to play or anything! It certainly wouldn't preclude me from buying a NIB game if I had the funds for one.

It's more than just cosmetics. With the cc being loose on the insert there is the possibility that it will chip off entirely. Then things get ugly quick.

#16111 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

This is the 2nd time you've called Trent a small distributor.
Trent is the largest distributor of Stern pinball machines in the USA.

proof?

#16168 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Jabs,
I've also seen what looks like little scratches/cracks within the clear white inserts. These are the ones that change different colors throughout the game. I was just chalking it up to scratches from playing the game.

Those are just scratches from the belt or drum sander as they first level the inserts. Nothing to worry about but they really are more obvious than they used to be on older machines. Partially because Stern's LED's are so damn bright. My TWD shows this to the point I tell myself "it's a special insert glitter effect"

Otherwise it might bug me.

#16207 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

For those who don't have the bending wire fix, PBL has them in stock:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4378

That's a lot more elegant than Stern's "slide in a metal ruler" fix Only two bucks too!

#16213 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That center post saved your ball quite a few times.
Rob

I think that's the entire point of it

#16217 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WTF...I hope you have your lawyers ready

lol

#16373 7 years ago

You act as if the LE's get more care and scrutiny than the others. To the workers it's just another build. The extra money you pay goes toward different GFX and different mechs... and of course profit!

I bet they slap them together just like the Pro's - no more and no less.

#16480 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, get some free time today, than spend the morning to make another (final) set of protectors using my template...
and as 1 time (and only 1 time) i get a ball flying over the right jump-ramp to hit Stay Puft, i make a longer plastic for there too
now we still need 2 more for... the Brothers targets, but its just impossible there :/

Is that how the clear arrow inserts are supposed to look? They look a little... odd in the pics.

I gotta say - between Stern's PF problems and JT's design "deficiencies" (air balls, bending wire, outlane hopping, etc)... this
game is keeping you guys REAL busy. But that's not a bad thing in this hobby right? (assuming the PF's get fixed somehow).

#16484 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, the plastic is not perfect, you can see lots of "i dont know how to call them" (english not my native language - sorry), depend of the angle view
this was already talked before, some others guys can explain better than me

Hey even in English we don't know what to call Stern's latest odd insert issues

I bet they look fine lit up and that's what matters more in the end.

#16543 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Here is what I got when I opened my Pro last Friday. Kind of put a damper on the un-boxing party. Box looked good, maybe some slight signs of compression. Distributor is replacing it. Hopefully I don't have to wait another 4 months...

But how's the PLAYFIELD look?? bada-boom!

I joke as I'm sure you'll get a new machine.

#16575 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They're coming as fast as the clear can fall off the wood!

2 weeks later
#16939 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I agree, and I have moved them around, changed and removed some, and I am pleased.
Many I tried didnt blend in size, art or feel....But to each his own....Just like our houses, clutter, and wives...
They will never be the same, and we all decorate, dress, and marry differently.
I could never say my taste is for everyone, and of course this is alot of still pictures....seeing and playing is different.
I dont want mods that distract, and that too is a unique opinion.

Looks good Art!

1 week later
#17026 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting tidbit.. since Captain Kirk was banned from his own thread, he hasn't been active on Pinside since June. Did anyone else think he was a Stern employee who got the rumor going and kept bumping the thread to hype it? It's as if his full time job was to keep the thread on top every day on the hour and now he's MIA.

Not a good thread for Star Trek fans. Captain Picard also had a freakout over the "holes in Stay Puft's face" and disappeared.

I figured they're both sharing a padded room somewhere. The excitement and controversy was just too much for 'em

#17028 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hahaha I remember that.. the guy had a meltdown because he has some sort of issue with visualization tiny holes or something. One of the weirdest things I've ever heard of.

Apparently it is indeed an actual phobia... not sure if making a huge public scene about it is part of the condition though. Was a classic "goodbye cruel world" Pinside exit however. And we've seen quite a few of these over the years. It's almost a PS tradition. In fact I'm going to start penning my exit rant in advance to ensure it's the biggest and most embarrassing ever. Why do anything half assed?

And now that we've mentioned it... I predict some helpful PS'ers will be posting pics. lol They sure did the first time IIRC.

3 weeks later
#17241 7 years ago

Yeah even just replacing the decal will be a PIA as the front has to come off too... unless just the side of it can be lifted and then stuck back down again.

Not sure I love this overlapping decal thing as you can so clearly see the bulge of the side decals under the front piece... hmm

Hopefully you'll get a new machine as is probably got some structural damage... or may develop some in the future from nudging and it's own weight actually.

3 months later
#17703 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I suspect your referring to the large washers.
I thought about it but it all fit fine and I figured it can only help add protection.
If anyone wants to remove the big washers , you can be replaced with #8 washers.

Or you can get the clear polycarbonate washers in various sizes. I've put those in all my games as I don't like seeing those huge, light blocking metal washers.

Some are better than others. Some will have smooth flame polished edges while other look more low-rent with whitish ground edges.
When you find a seller that has the good ones... buy a bunch

#17707 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I just received my GB Premium last night.

Ha... enjoyed your brutally honest appraisal of your "first time". Most have been there with some machine or another but just don't want to write about it.

Kudos to you for having the balls to do it (no pun intended).

3 weeks later
#17781 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is absolutely what I was talking about when I was warning people raising their guides. At the ends of the guides, there are pressed "nubs" or "wings" that help it grab the wood. If you're not careful and raise it too quickly or off-angle, these nubs will catch the playfield and rip a chip from below.
In the picture, you can just see the top of one of the nubs on the bottom, and the chip area is directly across from it, where the other nub would be.
Be CAREFUL if you're raising lane guides!

Yeah I always thought these style of guides have little wings or barbs on them since the early days but according to Capt Neo they DO NOT. And he's said it about 20 times. And he does restorations??? Oh well...

Looks like somebody found out the hard way that these guides haven't changed since the WMS/BALLY days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=Manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.