IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1073 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Why would Stern pass up the opportunity to cash in on a Star Wars license? With all the hype around the new movies, merchandise flying off the shelves and disney letting licenses go for literally anything. And, I don't know too many pinballers who don't like Star Wars.

George Lucas who still has a big say in what happens and Disney don't let anything Star Wars go cheaply. Have you been living on tatooine for the past 30 years

3 weeks later
#2073 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It makes me sad that GOT is the result of 2 years of work....and yes, JT's GB is going to blow it away.

That's a big call, I have GoT next to my WOZ and WOZ doesn't get turned on much anymore. GoT is one fun pin to play. I hope it at least equals it, JT is one of my fav designers.

#2183 8 years ago

I don't think this game will sell well at all.... Not enough hype

2 weeks later
#3170 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

At least the art is better than GOT

Nor have you even seen the pro in person let alone the le.

1 week later
#3700 8 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Thanks.
Also for the record Star Trek (the recent one) was a great game before I did anything to it. If you like ST today its because of Lonnie. All I did was complete visions they had before I arrived.
But I am just as good as Lyman. : -- )
- Dwight

If Lonnie has anything to do with gb it would be a big no for me. His work on st took a great layout and made it less than inspiring.

2 weeks later
#4632 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Gary's favorite game is always the one that's in production at the time he is asked, so I am not surprised by this.

Gary has hinted on several occassions without saying... Potc is his fav pin

#4635 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Can't wait for you people to put this game through the ringer so I can then decide if I'll get one later on down the road (Sure glad I picked up that GOT instead of waiting).

Pretty sure it already has been put through it..... Several times.

2 weeks later
#7813 8 years ago

I'm an advocate for the pro usually as it gives great bang for buck, but that right ramp is a killer. It's a complete dud shot and when your forking out this much coin you want every shot to be have a doesn't feel about it.

#7879 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't get the issue either. I think it offers some pretty cool ball action and it's kind of unique. I guess people want it to return to the other flipper.

It's not about which flipper it returns to. It's simply a crap shot and why this time I skipped the pro ed. there is no unique ball action just looks like a missed shot and clearly as Rob said they had restrictions on what they could do. I would have just gone for the one ramp and put a target there or something. Only blemish on a perfect pro ed.

#7917 8 years ago

Doesn't happen on my got Rob

#8009 8 years ago

Same light show im guessing as there is same amount of rgb's etc. St and Got have their thing going and gb has its thing so not a bad thing in my opinion. Im sure something was taken away to add to another. I dont want all pins to do a woz, just the odd changer here and there is suffice and have different titles with different strengths. It would get boring fast of they were all the same.
Because you can doesnt mean you always should.

1 week later
#8771 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I agree with all of that it would definitely be a kick to the teeth but money talks whose to say in 5 years they don't do a vault edition with different art and a LCD .........

If we all speculated like this nobody would buy anything. Ffs

1 week later
#9181 7 years ago

Potc tortuga

#9429 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

And stuck with all the hardware bugs that will be fixed by the time they make my Premium.

Which will translate to the le too.

Sounds like somebody is a bit bitter they missed on an le. Although the op will have us believe the premium was 1st choice. A premium that looks like the pro will keep its value like a pro.

#9517 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Why does anyone care which version someone else gets/wants?

The op cares

1 month later
#12596 7 years ago

Interactive lighting and some toppers are cool.

I think the majority of all that plastic 3D rendered crap is exactly that. There are always exceptions but very few.

Some of the modders out there are making a fortune from it. Just food for thought though.... Now that Stern is really getting closer to the standard of the 90's the tables from factory don't need extras?

#12935 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

lol. My biggest problem with the second movie is how the Ghostbusters themselves are portrayed at the start of the film. Somehow they are washed up, have been sued by "every city, county, and state agency in New York" and are considered frauds...Really?! The Ghostbusters save the city and world in the first film, there's thousands of witnesses that see them save everyone and yet they are frauds? BS
Actually I have more problems with the second movie, lol. The "upgraded" Ecto-1 looks like crap compared to the original version.
Well, one last complaint, I mean it. What is up with the suit change from grey to black in GB2 and why do the newer suits have Ghostbusters ghost making the "2" sign?
Ok, rant over. How about them magnetic slings?

Remember it was still the 80's

1 week later
#13258 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

I feel the exact same way. I always try to have the games set up as they were designed.
That's why I posted the post post ( ): I'm a secondary market guy and when I'm ready to buy I don't want to see loads of machines in the used market that have blemishes from posts driven into the PF! If one wants to go the post route, then please at least make it reversible.

Or maybe take the plunge like some do and buy nib yourself. Complaining about what guys do that have taken that step because you might get one that your not pleased with when they sell?
When I buy a nib and I'm changing the game how I like it considering the coin I've coughed up I'm not really too concerned about the feelings of the next buyer if there is one.

#13372 7 years ago

The more I hear how difficult it is the more I wanto get mine (not that I can play) but it does seem more huo friendly so as to be able to set it how you want and make it less brutal plus load up lots of practise. Brutally hard layouts are often the best for the home.

Out in the wild I think the sound, art and whole theme alone will be enough to keep the coins coming.

2 weeks later
#14679 7 years ago

GOT is one of the best pins I've played as far as code. Gb looks equally as impressive. Super jackpots are the best part of any game IMO. That said though just like anything.... Variety is a good idea. A full line up of Lyman pins would do my head in after a while just like a Dwight only coded line up would get old fast.

Perhaps just like the designers, appreciating and understanding the differences with coders is the key. Imperfections in a game whether it's design or code sometimes gives the game it's charm.

#14681 7 years ago

. Agree with all except met. My post said nothing about his ability. Simply a view different coders being a positive in a Line up, but as usual on this site it's taken the wrong way. Par for pinside.

3 weeks later
#15374 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Does anybody make the aftermarket clear plastic pieces that go over the outlane guides. I like the ones from pinball life but i dont need the whole set as I'll never install a center post. MY outlanes are really low on my LE.

Mod father has a nice set that go over the in and outlanes. I got a set but I may need to modify the mod to allow for the Le right ramp exit to the left inlane.

#15391 7 years ago

Just curious. If your having the slimer issue every game is it code or something else? For such a major prob nobody else seems to be having the problem. If it was code it would be an across the board problem.

#15392 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just Saw, "Got Slimed" Mode..... A Mode with Color!
The Magna slings did a few new tricks when I passed 120 Ghosts or 500,000 points maybe...I cant even describe it....more
like a WTF? Moment.
I had it through an air ball over the opposite sling and get stuck going up the Habitrail!
Thats a first in my life! It landed with a crazy back spin and jumped up and got stuck!
Almost feels like a Happy TWD! Collecting ghosts are easier, though. Not sure how long Ill leave the center post, though.
I seem to be having 1/2 hour games now.

Mode with colour? Does something happen with Gi or inserts or both. Sounds awesome

#15397 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Do you have a picture of that?

It's on the Laseriffic website

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=John1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.