IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Herm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2214 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

NO more pre-orders
NO more ordering till we see gameplay and art
GHOSTBUSTERS!??
WHERE do I send money??

ghostbusters_socks_(resized).jpg

Until confirmation by Stern Pinball no pre order for me.

#2292 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Here's hoping. The recent video game incorporated elements from both movies. Let's hope Stern doesn't ignore Ghostbusters II.

As long as the reboot is ignored.

#2332 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Hopefully the game contains some sort of focused, non-terminal repeating phantasm.

Or nasty class 5 free roaming vapors.

2 weeks later
#3436 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have this poster framed and ready to hang next to where Ghostbusters will be sitting in my pin lineup. It's a huge poster, the same size as a movie poster (40x27) and it looks great.

GB-poster_(resized).jpg

I have that same poster too.

2 weeks later
#4261 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Announcement this week hopefully

They might as well with all the leaks that has happened the game.

#4270 8 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Say what you want about who did what and why. if stern was even remotely involved, it is by far one of the best marketing campaigns ever for little to no capital. You can't pay for this kind of hype and exposure. We did it all for them.

Leaked test footage a couple years ago for the movie Deadpool is what finally convinced 20th Century Fox to green light the movie. It wouldn't be a a stretch that the leak(s) have been deliberate.

#4291 8 years ago

Until it's actaully released im still holding out they'll join the 21st Century with this pin and use lcd.

#4300 8 years ago

Confirmation by whom? Until officially confirmed it's only word of mouth.

#4318 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Well, Harold Ramis passed on February 24th. The wiring diagram in the factory tour had a codename 'Harold'. The 24th is a Wednesday. Stern favors Wednesday reveals. I'd speculate if they don't announce this Wednesday that is safe to assume something didn't go as expected, shipping delays or whatever..
If they do it on the 24th, I hope they class it up with a nod to him, he was a comedy great in my book.

Can't believe it's been almost two years since Harold Ramis passed away. Was a very sad day hearing the news and watched Ghostbusters that night.

That would be cool if the release announcement was this Wed. Their Facebook page would drop hints sometime tomorrow given their past announcements.

#4335 8 years ago

Or who knows it could be released in the summer to coincide with the reboot movie. That would indeed make it not the next game.

1 week later
#5134 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Stern may have sold all LEs to distributors. That doesn't mean the distributors sold them all.

Some could be waiting until the game is formally announced.

#5977 8 years ago

Just made a deposit for a Premium!

#5992 8 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

From a artwork perspective the game looks just as cool as KISS.
The one thing I'm curious about here is that there has been no mention of Rick Moranis, Sigourney Weaver, Annie Potts, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis or Dan Ackroyd's voice clips from the movies being used in the game. That would IMO really hurt the over gameplay as some of the lines from the movie are what made it a true classic.
Does anyone know for sure if their voices and voice clips are being used in the game for callouts, etc?
That's almost a make or break deal IMHO....

We'll know soon enough with game play videos and the machines at events.

1 week later
#8312 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I think Stern caught it

pasted_image_(resized).png

That's a neat reference on their part.

2 weeks later
#9442 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

In this instant gratification age we all want to see the Premium/LE gameplay yesterday.
I check this thread daily for any new information but I don't mind the wait.
Frankenfurter said it well...
» YouTube video

Say it!

1 week later
1 month later
#13052 7 years ago

Cool. One step closer to the Premiums.

#13145 7 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Just got the call from my Distributor to settle up the balance on my LE. It's happening!!!

Sweet! Premiums not much longer then.

1 week later
#13718 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:My distro just told me domestic LE's will be shipping in 2 weeks

Right on! Haven't heard from my distributer yet about the premiums. Hoping sometime in the next few weeks to get the call/email. Willing to bet that it would show up the week of July 11th when Im out of town.

#14091 7 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Thank you for posting this. I have a GB Premium on order. Looks like a lot of fun!

Same here. Thanks for posting the video mrsomeone.

1 month later
#15422 7 years ago
Quoted from Trindle:

Hey guys, can you recommend a reputable online retailer to (pre-) order a premium from? Also, how do you feel about this as a first pin? I've played plenty of games while growing up but never considered owning a pin until recently. I'm pretty excited as I think I have my wife on-board.

I ordered a Premium from Colorado Game Exchange. A lot of peeps on Pinside recommended JJ. It was a toss up with Game Exchange and Tilt Amusements when I pre ordered in March. I ended up going with GE because of the email responses I received.

This one is going to be my 1st NIB. Looking forward to seeing it soon.

1 week later
#15612 7 years ago

This arrived via UPS today. Now just waiting on the word from the distributor on my Premium.

20160718_163538_(resized).jpg20160718_163538_(resized).jpg

#15706 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The truck was delayed by a big twinkie in the road.

I believe it was a Twinkie that was "35 feet long, weighing approximately 600 lbs"

1 week later
#16198 7 years ago

Seeing these reports on ghosting on the inserts is making me reconsider my pre-order.
I guess my decision is to wait until it's corrected or take a gamble and hope the inserts don't ghost whenever I get mine.

2 weeks later
#16682 7 years ago

I hopped onto pinball map to see if maybe someone posted a Ghostbusters location in the Boise area. Turns out there is a LE on location so Ill get to check it out. Be interesting to see if the inserts are ghosting.

Screenshot_2016-08-23-21-04-06 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-08-23-21-04-06 (resized).png

1 month later
#17323 7 years ago

This may have been addressed before but what does everyone think of their choice of music in the game?

Seems to me that there was heavy reliance on stock music. Can't tell me that licensing for the Film score could have been that high?

At least that was something I noticed with the Pro I played earlier tonight.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Herm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=Herm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.