IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

357 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Flato. You are on page 1 of 2.
#4167 8 years ago

What i saw was a small shot of the middle starting from the right ramp going over to the captive ball area

1 week later
#4636 8 years ago

Wow just saw the colored pictures of the cab art for the pro with the ecto 1 and it looks amazing up to now i had only seen the black and white sketch version, it definitely looks better then the slimer from the pictures i have seen also it looks like it may have black legs and rails etc.

1 week later
#5357 8 years ago

Since following this thread i watched the first one twice and second one once, probably time to re-watch number 2. I assume almost everyone following the thread owns the movies but if not there both free to stream on amazon prime at the moment.

#6108 8 years ago

I am new to pinball but this has made me ready for my first NIB if there are any distributors with a LE left please send me a pm.

Thanks,

#6116 8 years ago

Would it not be possible to clear coat just over where the signature will go then sign, then apply clear coat to the entire playfield?

#6485 8 years ago

It does go hand and hand with the opposite image, some one should post both side by side

#6490 8 years ago

gb-41_(resized).jpggb-41_(resized).jpg

Ghostbusters_244Pyxurz_(resized).jpgGhostbusters_244Pyxurz_(resized).jpg

#6935 8 years ago

Well some way some how i managed to find a LE today dragged my feet to long and took a bigger hit to the wallet, It had to be almost one of the last out there even the one on the pinball company with no shipping looks like it sold. My wife didnt really care to much about the green her biggest complaint was actually on the premium she disliked the way the burning marshmallow man was in your face. For me the artwork on the sides its much more inline with the artwork on the the playfield and backglass. You could almost say the ecto 1 and the playfield look like to different artists.

#7062 8 years ago

So I assume this is just the pro rules?

#7067 8 years ago

I checked Facebook and yeah its the pro tonight guess there's not much motivation to show a prem/le when there selling like beer at a game

#7128 8 years ago

This game needs some custom flipper bats and some green or purple rubbers.

#7140 8 years ago

I dont know about that topper.......Maybe its a prototype and is going to get a little more polish.

#7273 8 years ago

I have never heard the ramp was any shorter only it doesn't drop under the playfield or tie in with the right ramp.

#7532 8 years ago

Finally looked at some high res photos of the LE i didnt realize slimer was in the hotel and there was broken plates on the front of the cab.

#7760 8 years ago

There are pin blades coming out to designed by zombie yeti, kinda wish these were part of the LE package since your primarily paying for art and this is more art.....

#7906 8 years ago

Did you think it was a drain monster?

#7940 8 years ago

All of the art is connected the lights is from the ecto1

#7975 8 years ago
Quoted from BooyaNY:

After playing this game 5 times at TPF this weekend (waiting at least 20 minutes each time), I can say without a doubt that this will be my first NIB and I'm looking to get a Premium. Looks like I'll be making some calls to distros on Monday...

I called around I suggest cointaker talk to mellisa if she doesn't offer ask for some thing extra that shakes included in price

#8122 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

GB was definitely a lot of fun, a sure home run for Stern!
Did anyone else notice that the modes seemed pretty linear, i.e. always starting with the same ones. I hope this is just because of beta code, it would be nice to have some variety in the game play and not always work from start towards the finish

This has been a complaint for awhile now unfortunately in the rules posted it confirms the linear progression but thing could always change

#8163 8 years ago

I like the LE best but between the pro and premium I like the premium side art better and the pros backglass

#8229 8 years ago

I know pros ship before LE and since we haven't even seen a LE in action yet I'm guessing pro late April early may and LE late may early June just a guess though

#8232 8 years ago

My wife didn't like the burning marshmallow man on the premium backglass helped me justify the LE

#8256 8 years ago

Ones for a decent price around 8k sold real quick then distributors started selling at msrp give or take

#8263 8 years ago

So 12k nib LE for christmas

#8356 8 years ago

What I have seen of the topper so far I don't like but will hold final judgement till official reveal since they have said what we have seen is a prototype. What I'm more interested in is the pin blades by zombie yeti haven't seen them but almost a guaranteed purchase really think they should have come on LE.

#8465 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

has there been an announcement or any prediction on when we might see gameplay vids on other models?
Apologies if this has been covered - its getting hard to keep up with this thread.... even when you exclude CaptainKirk making about every other post, its still moving frantically.

I'm guessing next week or the following week more likely the following week

#8508 8 years ago

Round one today pro ramp vs prem/LE ramp and the winner is....... nobody

Round 2 slimer pro vs slimer prem/LE will the shot blocking matter will he really fly in from the city will it hurt the flow
Las Vegas odds nobody knows

Round 3 pro slings vs magnetic never before seen haunted slings................Deja Vu

#8565 8 years ago

It looks like there are actually three wizard modes we came we saw we kicked its, were ready to believe you, and finally are you god i assume this will be similar to valinor on lotr?

#8711 8 years ago

So current pros being made are for international orders so US pros maybe end of april? Anyone got any ideas to how many pros will go out in first batch?

#8731 8 years ago

I hope it's next week getting anxious now

#8736 8 years ago

I heard from a alien at the Paramus Holiday Inn that the LE reveal is the coming Monday April 4 2016

#8759 8 years ago

Could just not be updated or possibly couple are available over seas

#8763 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK I'll bite....how would it be different from the LE?

Three letters LCD

#8768 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

As much as I'd love an LCD on GB, that would be a kick in the teeth to everyone who bought an LE. Mostly because they said you wouldn't be able to upgrade to their Spike 2.0 LCD display system, so it would devalue the existing LE's big time. They decided to make it a DMD game unfortunately, so it should stay DMD, and if you want color- hopefully ColorDMD pulls through for it. At least that's my opinion.

I agree with all of that it would definitely be a kick to the teeth but money talks whose to say in 5 years they don't do a vault edition with different art and a LCD .........

#8805 8 years ago

I am really not surprised by the delay been guessing late April early may for awhile now. I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with a major production flaw. Still can't wait to see prem/LE in action.

#8891 8 years ago

Do we know how many balls we need for the prem/le i want to order some to replace the ones sent with it.

Thanks

#8894 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The game is 6-ball, and you should replace with the "Shiny" ones at Pinball Life. Those balls are magnificent, and definitely are smooth and silky and have a great finish, I could literally eat off those balls. In fact, I have a pair sitting right next to me on my desk, and I just asked my wife what she thought of them- she said that they really are a nice looking set of balls. I don't think you could go wrong.

OK so I assume it's 6 balls plus the 4 captive balls

Thanks

#8920 7 years ago

This was taken from sterns websites description of ghost busters anyone know what this is referring to "In addition, the game features a modern take on a ball transfer target" is this the moving slimer?

#8923 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No, that's the captive balls.

How is this a modern take has this approach not been done before?

#8940 7 years ago

Take my money

#8960 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thats what I was told by our Fl distributor, LSOG....
Theres a Party on the 15th in Jax for the Pro scheduled to arrive.

Pretty sure that has changed maybe someone else here can post the link but the date was push back to last weekend in April or first in may.

#8965 7 years ago

I have to admit it does look like the party with the pro is on, still I would be very surprised if anyone got a LE in April no harm in hoping though.

#8971 7 years ago

The game you played was it a production model or prototype?

#8974 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'll let you know tomorrow. I didn't go to the back of the game and check.

OK thanks just curious I know the dead flip was a prototype and I think TPF as well just wondering if and what the differences might be such as ramp shots

#9031 7 years ago

Any rumors yet on Prem/LE video?

#9063 7 years ago

March 14 or 15th

#9069 7 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

May? I have heard some people would receive them by April 28th?

That's the pros

#9089 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

This is normal for Stern. LE gameplay video comes out some time after the Pro's debut.
There is NOTHING out of the ordinary about this with Ghostbusters.

So maybe after the 15th some time?

#9105 7 years ago

While I don't like the fact he is not on the cover of GB 1 at least he is on GB 2. More importantly they went back to the original 35 mm film and made it true 4k unlike the upconverteday 4k Blu-ray also this new version is in dolby atmos this should look and sound amazing if you have the right equipment

#9137 7 years ago

So I'm suppose to put this over my already powder coated green slimer armor that I'm paying extra for in the first place? And it's ugly to boot

#9158 7 years ago

I will try to hold judgement intill i see better pictures or ones on actual machines so far though doesnt look great to me, but the one thing that wont change is the art it just seems out of place since zombie yeti has done all of the art of the game and rumored to be doing pinblades as well it seems odd to throw another style of art onto such a great art package.

#9199 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i think they are.

Stern or the LE buyers

#9206 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wouldn't say that. There is a market for mods out there. And Stern may as well participate in it too. And when a game sells out in 12 minutes, someone is going to buy these. Toppers are pricey, yet they sell.
Stern has been in the mod market for some time, and may see it as a growing part of their business.
LTG : )

You're getting into a grey area when the manufacture is entering into the mod market, sure they will say we didn't include it to keep the costs down but who's to say they didn't include it to gouge you in the end. Traditionally moders have been third party developers filling a niche role primarily for out of business pinball manufactures. A business is a business for a reason to make money and in till I see Stern file for non for profit status you have to question motives.

#9211 7 years ago

Stern has essentially a monopoly on the pinball industry which doesn't give much room for the buyer to speak with his wallet about value for the dollar it's almost buy Stern or don't at least for new pinball. the LE edition sold out primarily do due impulse buyers on the theme alone with just enough supportive evidence to justify there large wallet expense, which at this point appears justified but regardless how is it not exploitation when you release a upgraded armor to your yet to be produced LE

#9275 7 years ago

Sign me up for the pinblades they look great

#9348 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Ghostbusters short production video posted on Stern's FB page
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos

Don't suppose anyone spotted a LE in any of the video?

#9377 7 years ago

I think someone said 5 and not sure if the wizard modes were counted in that.

#9387 7 years ago

Any guess on what tide bit of info Stern will give us today so far we have gotten armor blades and a code update

#9400 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You'll want this for your LE translite....

549_9059262252_(resized).jpg

Hate on slimer if u want but the real ghostbusters was a excellent show at least for the first few seasons had some very good story's.

#9451 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I put about 40 games on the pro and I like it a lot. That machine will be great for folks that want to stick in that price range. It will be another one of those great pros. Like most, I am still waiting to see how the premium plays, got to spend quite a bit of time looking at it. Reports the magna slings work really well, along with the ecto goggles.

Wait so u have seen the premium???!!??

#9466 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

image_(resized).jpeg

Where was this at?

#9481 7 years ago

If u don't want to go to the pops I think a full plunge should come out the left orbit.

#9513 7 years ago

Shouldnt be to much longer for 1st shipment pros guessing 2 to 3 weeks

#9572 7 years ago

Gotta say I'm not to worried about the mag slings seems like a lot of time and effort has gone into them. I think it was mezelmod who said he has seen the prem not sure if it was in action but he said the mag slings are coming along just fine.

#9617 7 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Was told by a distributor this afternoon that early May is when they plan to start receiving them. Hope something didn't happen right after that! Got all stupid excited with it only being a few weeks away... but after reading some of the posts here I'm starting to doubt early May and am now crying.

Early may for which model?

#9639 7 years ago

Can't say I'm not disappointed if the delays are true but hopefully it will result in a more finished product.

#9642 7 years ago

I could see that it does look like a lot of distributors are having release party's in the next week or two.

#9654 7 years ago

So it really might be till July for LE? Probably means June before we see gameplay

#9657 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jack Danger said it (premium) would be streamed in the coming weeks. Not days. So take that for what it's worth.

I think it has already been coming weeks he may have meant coming months

#9659 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

On his stream a few days ago. He was playing World Cup Soccer. Not sure if all streams are archived...

He initially said a few weeks during the reveal of the pro about three weeks ago

#9690 7 years ago

Never though about it just assumed it would be below but not sure.

#9744 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Well at least we aren't talking about magnetic slings anymore

Shhhhh don't remind them

#9749 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I heard they're experimenting with cubed pinballs instead of round ones...no way they even make it up that steep left ramp.

No problem there they decided to go with magnets under the whole playfield so the cubed pinball have no problems moving this is what the delays are for.

#9847 7 years ago

So where exactly are these diverters?

#9851 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

KPG, your distributor says there are delays to the LE and premium mechanics not working as expected, pushing the release past July? Uh oh get ready for the rumors and hysteria! I wonder what part they are having trouble with, any idea...Is it the magnet slings?
I'm sure they'll sort it out!

Oh man here we go get ready for Mass Hysteria! No LE in till July now

#9857 7 years ago

I hope these rumors are not true I'm looking forward to the mag slings but I have a feeling if there is a problem it's not the mag slings

#9874 7 years ago

Until I hear multiple reputable dealers say there is an actual delay it seems everyone is just fueling the rumor train. BTW I heard Stern finally caved in and is putting lcd in the premium le models at no additional charge sorry pro buyers

#9911 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Well -- I got the letter today that my Gostbusters LE #5 is going to be ready to be drop shipped next week. Quicker than I thought it would be -- I was thinking a couple more months or late May -- but I will not complain. So with the Both Hobbit LE and Smaug Coming in about two more weeks and being delivered by end of the month and this one -- I think I should have a OPEN House at our office for those close to Central Illinois that want to come by and play games and enjoy these machines. I need to see what is out there for MODS for both these games -- Any help in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Man i hope this is true would love to get me LE sooner then later i just find it hard to believe that any LE are shipping next week since the pros haven't even started yet.......

#9914 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

LE People getting requests for full payment before the gameplay video?

image_(resized).jpeg

How many LE people have actually gotten requests to pay from there distributors? I know i haven't yet. Is it really possible that some Distributors are saying this to collect money know full well knowing there not shipping?

#9922 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Well I know who your distro is and he is reputable Hope it's for real !!

If this is true we gotta be seeing video sometime soon or maybe the mag slings are so bad they want are money first

#9934 7 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

I think it might rhyme with Mautomated Gervices.

Yes i would have guessed the same thing based on there history with Stern, but still this is unexpected really curious to see what new information leaks on this.

#9954 7 years ago

If automated is really saying there getting ready to ship it seems the LE April release might have some real legs.

#9964 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well guys.. Sounds like someone is trying to get some cash in their accounts by telling people their LE's will ship in a couple weeks, when in fact- they won't be. Solid info I just received. You guys might want to call Automated and find out why they want your cash so soon.

Man this is turning into a roller coaster ride.

#9975 7 years ago

Yeah it sounds like pros are on the line getting ready to ship which we already knew and now automated is expecting LE to begin right after and is collecting deposits for all pro and LE orders. Seems like they should wait in till le orders are actually on the assembly line.

#9982 7 years ago

You would think that we will be seeing a video next week or even today if these rumors are somewhat true

#10045 7 years ago

Looking good to me can't wait to see the whole game in action

#10085 7 years ago

If all the hardware is working magnets, Googles and slimer and the only thing is code they will probably be shipping soon.

#10108 7 years ago

Every game for what 30 or 40 years have had the same basic slings I see nothing wrong with a new approach and so what if they bounce aroundo a little different I applaud the innovation.

#10144 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm not quite sure why people think this is only good for GB but not other games.
If it's a really cool alternative to traditional slings and adds to gameplay, why not use it on other games?
If it significantly detracts from gameplay it would be better if it weren't in GB. They could have used the typical center magnet(s) to mess with the ball in a "ghostly" way.

Not sure if star wars will get mag slings but you can bet that it will have some magnets to represent the force.

#10245 7 years ago

Honestly I think between the kiss code update posts the most recent featuring the orkin man and the recent mag slings facebook video Stern just loves trolling us and reading the pinside response.

#10300 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Late April to start LE shipments.

Wow this is nice to hear was prepared for June now it looks like the LE should be out before mid may, wonder if this means we will see le video this week

#10476 7 years ago

So it looks like we're back to the original timeline of late may early June, the question is why were some distros collecting money and saying they were shipping this week or next?

#10519 7 years ago

A month ago I called the big distributors here and got the same 5000 pro 6700 prem a couple did say that's guaranteed till end of March so maybe things changed also I introduced myself being refered from pinside.

#10640 7 years ago

It's also rumored that the LE gets two coats of clear because of the signature not sure if it is true though.

#10647 7 years ago

So outside of the price is anyone going to get these plastic protectors? Why are there two colors and which color is going to look the best?

#10679 7 years ago

Sounds like we need to get a petition going for the LE video.

We want the video now!
We want the video now!
We want the video now!

Come on whos with me

#10840 7 years ago

There paranormal eliminators not just ghostbusters

#10878 7 years ago

Slimer was specifically created with John belushi in mind by Dan Aykroyd it was sort of a tribute to him for passing on John was originally suppose to play Bill Murray's role.

#10881 7 years ago

You can also note the Slimer LE version is much more gross adult theme then the Slimer from the cartoons.

#10910 7 years ago

In looking at all the flyers I never noticed the premium translite has marshmallow goop on all the Ghostbusters and the only version to do so.

#10937 7 years ago

First batch pros are going out now it doesn't mean everyone is in the first batch.

#10956 7 years ago

Yeah this is great news looks like several unboxings next week.

#11031 7 years ago
Quoted from system11:

I suppose we will find out when the first LEs land since the Premium playfields will be the same as those.

Supposedly the LE gets two coats of clear do to the autograph.

#11057 7 years ago

So Dwight just posted there are 30 plus music tracks in GB and for each ball a different variation of the theme song

#11059 7 years ago

Ghostbuster half ass review thread

#11090 7 years ago

So there's a new GB club thread are we just going to do oneverything club or two one for pro another for prem/le?

#11092 7 years ago

I wonder how many will be produced with the error it seems all first batch pros have them curious to see if they make it to LE.

#11142 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Now that Pro's are in the homes of many buyers, who else thinks it's time for Jared at Stern to show us a Prem/LE gameplay video now??!? Today is the day Jared.. Make. It. Happen.

I hope so can't wait to see the video

#11144 7 years ago

You think the prem le video will have dead flip back?

#11169 7 years ago

Wow it seems the pros are rolling on out great news

#11204 7 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

after waiting 1+ years for my woz. this is nothing... besides I need a little time to scrape up the cash for a premium. I should take a look in the wife's jewelry box..hummm
and what's the difference between the le and the premium?

Art package, armor, autograph, shaker,double clear and the translite is glass.

#11209 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Clear is the same. Last game to have advertised double clear was Avatar LE.

Art lot of people on hear swear there are two coats because they put a second one after autograph maybe someone else can attest to this?

#11238 7 years ago

Nice looking forward to the video

#11261 7 years ago

I would have like a little more being or content on the LE but bought anyways so they are getting away with it...

#11282 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Crap... 86 posts since I left for work this morning. I thought a video was released!

Supposedly it's may 11th but I have no idea how anyone got that info

#11286 7 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

If the timing of the LE is correct, I may have to back out of my paid in full slot due to a job change and pending move during that exact period. Blah.

Probably could keep it and flip for a profit either way be prepared for a onslaught of pms

#11294 7 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I literally just have nowhere to ship it to during those weeks lol, I don't know what to do!

NO friend or relative? Also does this come straight from Stern or distro? If your paid in full I doubt your distro would mine waiting a couple of weeks to ship it to you.

#11366 7 years ago

I'm hoping this is a tough but fair game which would be perfect for the home environment.

#11372 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

The First LE will be in austria 13.5.16 !!!!
at a tournament
cant wait to see some videos

Just curious where that info came from it seems possible but pushing it I would think le would have to be on the line now.

#11374 7 years ago

Hmm maybe we will get a new production line video from Stern soon showing the LE

#11413 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Ghostbusters LE gameplay will be live-streamed NEXT WEDNESDAY (May 4) from the Stern Factory by Dead Flip at 5pm CST. Jody just announced it on Dead Flip's stream (https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip).

Sweet can't wait! GoING to have make sure I'm home for this didn't someone say it wasn't till may 11

#11414 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Looking forward to it, only a week away. Timing is weird, since the whole Internet will be buried in Star Wars hype, but I'll take it whenever I can get it.

What starwars hype is coming out?

#11436 7 years ago

So the LE in the video coming on the 4th does this count as one of the 500? If not doesn't that mean they made 501?

#11438 7 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

This dude has to be Kaneda.

That's would explain a lot especially his "inside info"

#11458 7 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

One would think it will be a premium since LEs are limited. If I was an LE buyer and saw my machine being played live before I played it, I'd be livid.

I've heard Stern always keeps one LE so maybe this is that? It makes sense that it's a LE because they go on the line before the premium.

#11508 7 years ago

Does the purple cliffs post rubber help with drains or just looks? Also what flipper rubber are people putting on ? Stock? Titan competition?

#11561 7 years ago

Jeez all this talk of modifying the game to make it easy got me thinking I need to modify my Audi so I can't do over 30 maybe I can put a post under the gas peddle

#11602 7 years ago

Stern made a post looks like they started signing the LE

#11608 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is this on Facebook?

Yes they have post with a picture of the LE and a lot of pens not sure this is what they are implying but it looks that way.

#11619 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Checking out play field differences between the models. Can someone point me to the high res pics? Not the ones on Sterns site. Thanks.

On there website where they have brochure pdf is very high res it's only two angles but you really can zoom in alot.

#11638 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That is rather unfortunate though. Maybe the Prem/LE will be a different story? Doubt it..

Finding out tommrow

#11648 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the price difference is huge. Even if you get a good deal, the premium is still $1500 more expensive. There really isn't $1500 worth of extras if you really think about it. And you can only count the new features that the pro doesn't have. Both have side art, both have powdercoated rails, both have backglasses, so those costs are the same for both versions. $1500 is really huge. 60% of the games in my collection didn't even cost $1500.

I agree with you that when you break down the extras how much can they really cost, Slimer moves a little more, a ramp under the playfield is not a lot of additional materials, ecto goggles is a lens and a mirror and lastly the mag slings are magnets but there is more to cost then simply material there is R&D time. Someone had to design and test the mag slings, additional slimer movement, ramp and ecto goggles. Then theirs additional development time in terms of rules and code for all of them so there is more work then what it looks like. Also keep in mind with Trudeau games he starts with the premium gameplay and takes things off for the pro so your paying for the designers complete game.

#11651 7 years ago

Count down time 20hrs till the reveal tick tock tick tock

#11676 7 years ago

A for sure best game ever!!!!

#11755 7 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Courthouse scene is amazing but the rest of GB2 is garbage and I say that with GB being my favorite movie of all time
New code sounds good.

I always liked the underground scenes with slime tunnel and train

#11771 7 years ago

Yeah it really cool that they took knew suggestion and put it in game can't wait for the video now t minus 2.5 hours

#11790 7 years ago

Taking off work a little early on my way home to watch the action!!!!

#11809 7 years ago

There are three different states the magna slings can be in Normal, Catch and Special then additional modes on top of that. Sweeet!!!!

#11812 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm stoked. Looks way less brutal then the Pro, and totally worth the extra $$$

It does seem a little lest brutal then the pro but it could be that good players had a while with the pro so they know what they are doing either way it means its not as brutal as it was.

#11816 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I only see one good player there

Well everyone there has had a month plus to play the game so i assume everyone should be somewhat better then they were.

#11824 7 years ago

I know someone used my name Flato99 and got banned for comments so it does seem someone was using names from this site.

#11826 7 years ago

There is a tournament setting for the video mode!

#11876 7 years ago

Yeah that video was awsome, its going to be real hard for people to hate on the mag slings now, Premium/LE for the win, but i have to say the pro does give you A LOT of value for the dollar especially compared to the LE.

#11905 7 years ago

If we are going to do two clubs I vote this thread turns into the prem/le thread.

#11960 7 years ago

I guess my idea of family friendly is different what language is so bad for the family? Kids are exposed to so much today I think I would rather my kid experience some mild language at home as opposed to hearing it at school at least at home you can explain and educate the kid.

#11974 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I guess that's ok for your kids but what about their friends, your friends kids, your relatives kids or in a family friendly location? I see no harm in having that option, and there should be an option, you may not always be around to supervise the game.

I am not aganist the option to each there own I'm just not sure what language is in this movie that warrants it after all it is pg but again I know everyone has different oponions.

#12036 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sounds like based on this discussion I'm one of the only guys who actually like the magnaslings in this thread, or everyone else who does is staying quiet. Could also be the haters of the slings are also more vocal with their opinions. oh well, can't please everyone

I like the mag slings alot not worried at all about sensitivity they looked fine last night but I am sure adjustments will be possible. I feel some people are grasping at straws with what's wrong with the prem/le model I think we're starting to run our of things to worry about

#12044 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Most of us understand that a tweak to the switch gap will make them far more active than what we saw yesterday. That's why people think it's great.

Yup, everyone knows you can tweak conventional kickers to have more power or be dead if you want there is no reason to think the mag slings will always act like what we saw last night.

#12075 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

jesus balls people. Stern will have a family friendly setting in the software. Can't believe you guys would even question this. Even in the beginning of the video, Dwight says, it's not in there YET. YET. It will be there no question about it. NEXT.

We're running out of things to hate on to bad a ball didn't get stuck in the subway last night that would of feed the pinside fire for weeks

#12196 7 years ago

What game and time is he streaming?

#12257 7 years ago

Sweet had to go get one looks awsome! Do you think you could fit the hand on to or would that be in the way?

#12331 7 years ago

Are people getting asked for There LE payment? I haven't been asked yet but keep checking my email

#12349 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Trap flippers!

Nice did they go on as easy as it was described?

#12438 7 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

I was offered this morning 10k for my LE, is this totally sold out and is the demand really this high? I turned it down but if any LE owner would like to sell theirs I can share the buyers info via PM.

Yeah demand is crazy for the LE totally sold out with several people paying msrp and higher.

#12443 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Seems like nobody has posted about receiving a machine for a few days. Did production slow?

There are rumors of production delays no idea if this is true, hopefully there just gearing up the line for the LE

#12450 7 years ago

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not selling mine for 10k in waiting till Christmas for 12k

#12464 7 years ago

I got the GB LE for the art and theme I love ghostbusters and I feel the LE package with egon, Ray, weaver and slimer help to bring the whole thing together. Also I have a small collection this is pin number 2 and theme really matters to me if this wasn't ghostbusters I'm sure I wouldn't be buying it even with the same layout.

#12505 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone noticed but there is a GB LE listed in market place for 9200 I think it has been there for a couple of days.....

#12510 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

I'm thinking I'll need to put several tasteless mods, mess with the normal lighting, and post a high score here when I get my SPA GB PS4.
I might even go all out and add a non-essential topper too. I'll just take the topper off the top of the PS4 and swap it with another each time I use a different table. I'll buy a topper shelf so I can store them in between games.

Hmm I don't know shouldnt the topper go on top of the tv?

#12522 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I received my Premium today! Unboxing tonight! Sweet

You mean pro? I hope a distributor didn't sell you a pro and premium price

#12524 7 years ago

Nice really like how you decorated the place

#12532 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My LE has arrived!!!

That's a nice looking box when does the birthday girl jump out of it

#12547 7 years ago

So are the rumors true about a production stoprocess do to supplier issues?

#12550 7 years ago

People waiting on met are saying Stern is having supplier issues with cabinet and playfield don't know if it is just a bunch of hot air though.

#12565 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Those are REALLY expensive!

Yeah I was not expecting those prices for those mods....

#12567 7 years ago

I thought the proton pack looked good but the other two not so sure especially for the price.... . .

#12573 7 years ago

No have not been contacted yet but been keeping a eye out for the call Has anyone else heard middle of june?

#12581 7 years ago

Wire form keeps getting bent next to the ghost target not allowing the single newton to function

#12583 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I lot of people got pissed at me when I mentioned Stern should pause the production line to fix these issues.. And said I was crazy for saying so, and that Stern should *not* pause the line.
Well, it seems they are doing the right thing! A distributor I have used in the past let me know that Stern has definitely paused production of GB to "re-work the Slimer mechanism" and also the engineering team is coming up with a solution for the wire form bending issue that they want to resolve before putting the LE's on the line.
I'm happy to say that Stern has listened and I'm appreciative of that. I'm ok with waiting longer for my LE as long as it has these issues resolved.
Props to Stern

I really hope this is true but you were off by a week on the LE reveal But back on note hopefully they are taking this time to make fixes whether the delay is intentional or not.

#12637 7 years ago

Still you think it could have been raised out of pops rotated over the lowered the move back and forth.

#12700 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

If you had a Slimer multiball, a good strategy could be to wait to start the Scoleri brothers *during* multiball, and try to hit the drop targets down while ball save is going on, since they almost always end with a bricked shot and drain. There's so many possibilities with a Slimer multiball, and given he's such a main character of the game, along with a main toy, it would be great to see that mode added, while counting towards progressing to Mass Hysteria. Starting Slimer then stacking with Mass Hysteria would be insane.

Wonder if Dwight is reading any of this game of thrones isn't on yet

#12704 7 years ago

Even if there are no sensors on it if the speed of movement is constant wouldn't it be possible to know where slimer is based off the time it is initially engaged thus slimer is in front of left ramp x seconds after activation.

#12742 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The CPU knows where Slimer is on the Prem/LE. There is an opto and encoder wheel in the Slimer mechanism. Page 49 of the Prem/LE manual posted on Stern's site: http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/ghostbusters/le/Ghostbusters_LE_web.pdf

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12794 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Funny thing is the one thing they put in from GB2, totally sucks. Drop targets that pop up and block shots in the middle of the playfield, and when hit, most of the time do not drop and end up in the drain.

They also added stuff from the subway scenes the left ramp is suppose to be the tunnel and right scoop is the pneumatic system.

#12844 7 years ago

Haven't watched the second trailer not sure I want to after the first one from what I read this movie is going to rip off the first movie basically a second GB origin story.

#12872 7 years ago

Back to pinball for a moment pretty excited that the Slimer mechanism got redone hopefully this means LE buyers won't be having all the trouble pro people have had.

#12875 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I might have missed it but did stern officially say hey redid it? Also have they said if they are going to adapt it to the pros?

No official announcement but it does show up in the LE manual available online and is clearly different then the one currently on pro models.

#12895 7 years ago

Slimer multiball sounds awesome especially if codes ties to the premium moving slimer

#12915 7 years ago

Shouldn't you go to your distro asking for the part

#12931 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Wonder what would happen during multilball without the one way gate. Not sure what they could change there now but it would give game more flow during one ball action

You can see the multiball with 2 true ramps on the dead flip LE video.

#12962 7 years ago

Right now best guess is mid June so about a month

#12963 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone who is in on an LE heard of any solid shipping dates yet? Last I saw in here was the pro is being delayed probably due to the slimer mech re design but has anyone heard when LE or more importantly premiums maybe hiring the streets now? Dying to try out these magna slings for myself in person before pulling the trigger on a premium

Hadn't heard this hope it's true u would think if LE on on the line we should get some factors pics or vids

#12981 7 years ago

Something tells me that most gb owner on pinside will wind up with new slimer mechs, but some people in the wild may never know they exhist.......

#13022 7 years ago

So we know Stern is redesigning the slimer mech anyone know if they are going to fix the wire forms from the factory?

#13035 7 years ago

Nice to see the line moving looks like some could get a LE early June now

#13041 7 years ago

Yeah always heard 250 for international and 250 for North America including canada

#13053 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Near the end of the video there are some great shots of the Ecto-Goggles in action. They look amazing!

Yeah ecto goggles look sweet.

#13055 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That little walk thru video showed the Ecto goggles better than anything I saw on dead flip.

Agreed I like dead flip and appreciate what he does but could have shown the features of this pin a little better really wish there was a better angle hate that top down view

#13059 7 years ago

Someone is going to have to slow down the video and try to get a shot of the slimer mech I'll try but it won't be for a few hours and then I may be one beer to many

#13063 7 years ago

How about pre wrapping it with rubber to diffuse the blow

#13085 7 years ago

Yes this is correct the pbl ultra shiny balls are fine for magnets, the silver jets are not.

#13131 7 years ago

SPOILER ALERT in another thread someone said there is a mode where you drive the ecto 1 by hitting the ramps sounds pretty sweet

#13135 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That's "We Got One!"

Nice first time I heard what it does, a semi video mode

#13138 7 years ago

If hiting ramps changes the ecto 1 driving animations and points are awarded based on how good you drive ecto 1 it would seem that would be part video mode but I haven't played so not exactly sure what all is going on.

#13152 7 years ago

Posted this elsewhere but got the call yesterday from distro to pay up said he didn't know exactly when they were shipping but are on the line and is expecting Stern to start collecting funds any day now.

#13214 7 years ago

I'm interested in the mod from PU it just seems early in the mod game and Stern or a us modder might come out with something soon. If not I would be all of the PU mod

#13224 7 years ago

What about lighting flippers with a post

#13232 7 years ago

Stern got some LE pictures up on Facebook looks like some completed LEs getting ready to ship

#13262 7 years ago

Wow surprised to see one over seas already must have been one of the first produced

#13269 7 years ago
Quoted from DerRoland:

Brilliant, the presentation of the first GBLE in the public with special guest stardesigner John Trudeau at the german pinball open 2016 from 05-27 to 05-29 is the cream on the cake.
Kudos to the local organisation crew, the German Pinball Association and our distributor Pinball-Universe for their efforts.

Sounds awesome i hope there is a live feed like TPF can't wait!

#13273 7 years ago

I think most us folks will get there's first but this was a special case haven been flown over.

#13329 7 years ago

Really not a fan of the armor blade and topper really think that topper looks like a Mattel toy

#13337 7 years ago

So isn't the GB LE on display at the German pinball open? Do we know anyone over there to get pics/video?

#13339 7 years ago

Yeah I don't get if the LE was in the states we would have a dedicated stream of it not to mention multiple people's comments and here we are with nothing....is there something we are missing maybe a Facebook page

#13344 7 years ago

I wouldn't let the announcement of a future pin deter you from getting GB now by the time of the official announcement and production you would have been able to play your game a ton and make a decision if you want to sell it to get star wars, if you get a good price on the premium you should not lose much money and the few hundred you lose hopefully will be worth the fun you had while playing it. Assuming the dec/jan announcement of star wars is correct you have almost a year to wait to get it......

#13358 7 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

For those of you saying the topper looks bad, what about it makes you think that? The size, the materials used, or is it the cost for what you get? Honestly its not that bad even if it does look like a kids toy. In your opinion, what would you change about it to make it worth $500 ?

Hmm maybe glass and not plastic

#13393 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Did not see much or any of the ecto goggles,did I miss something

I think its just the angle and distance it seems the ecto googles are really something you have to see in person.

#13397 7 years ago

So yesterday unexpectedly i got to play so GB i went to a Rib Fest out in newtown st charles mo for those unfamiliar its right next to ST Louis MO. Anyways i knew a local place called Padavans had The Hobbit, MMR, TWD, and GOT, i really planed on playing TH alot but to my surprise there was a GB! anyways played about 8 games on it the wife put in a handful too seemed to be a lot of fun unfortuntley there was no sound to be heard, i had one or two cheap drains over the outlanes not a huge deal but will try to remedy, the flipper gap really is not a big deal at all overall i enjoyed it and am looking forward to my GBLE i really do think the right ramp on the premium will be a improvement. It was right next to GOT Pro and the the art and toys were night and day the GOT was sandwiched between GB and MMR and both made the GOT look pretty bad the Wife agreed didn't like the play or looks of GOT but in defense it was just a handful of plays. Also the GB had the inserts of the Gozer and The Ghost insert by slimer reversed not sure but guess this was a mistake in assembling? Last thing it looked like the trans-lite was almost wavy i couldn't tell if it was actually wavy or a weird 3d effect of the way it was drawn anyone else notice this at all? Overall i am very excited the the additional feature of the LE but the pro is a fun game and almost looked like a premium compared to GOT PRO.

#13401 7 years ago

The brutal gameplay really does not bother me if in the home environment if its really to brutal you can pretty much do whatever you want to make it less so, perhaps you feel like your cheating from the original design but it does have a movable outpost for a reason.

#13463 7 years ago

Gotta think some people will be getting the call this week can't wait

#13470 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

its a colordmd beta version

Sweet can't wait to get one for my GB

#13473 7 years ago

I was in my local Barcade and came accross this Ghostbusters Pinball didnt even know they made one prior to Sterns i didnt do to good at it was just as brutal as the new one i guess

20160515_010303_(resized).jpg20160515_010303_(resized).jpg

20160515_010137_(resized).jpg20160515_010137_(resized).jpg

20160515_010202_(resized).jpg20160515_010202_(resized).jpg

#13477 7 years ago

Yeah I played 7 or 8 games with zero sound just aiming at slimmer and trying to hit ramps and I got storage MB once pretty sure once I have it home MB should not be a problem, although I'm not aganist a Slimer two ball MB.

#13542 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow ,ok Green Slime balls it is!! Thank you coz6!!

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they are the same balls just one is a special pack with one pink or blue ball....not 100 percent sure you should ask mezelmod in his GB mod thread

#13543 7 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Looks like they are suggesting the glow balls just for the captive ball area to make it look awsome. Not sure you would want to use them in play.

Yeah they are suppose to be for the captive ball Area as decoration they have a candy shell there not dyed steel or something

#13549 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

The word we have is the LEs are done with Premiums on the line. Expect NZ LEs to be end of this month.

North America LE to?

#13556 7 years ago

I would not at all be surprised if North America and Europe start seeing LEs being delivered in the next two weeks.

#13612 7 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

You're right, but the comment is relevant not "meaningless". That's all I'm saying about it. I'm not arguing with you on your first day back!

Where did you order the pinblades from?

#13615 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

How much were the blades and shooter? Or are add ons part of the whole fuzzy pricing scheme?

Blades are 80 shooter is 50

#13617 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Where did you order the pinblades from?

Thanks, Just ordered

#13619 7 years ago

Yeah thats a joke of a shooter rod, if anyone wants this is the link to the above ebay listing ebay.com link: GHOST BUSTERS EMBLEM LOGO STICKER DECAL PLASTIC SET OF FOUR 1 1 16

#13625 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I paid 80 for the stern blades. I think they are cool looking to make the city scape look deeper. do you think the side armor is just stickers or some kind of print?

From what I understand they are laser etched metal they look like a kid designed the art but material wise they should be sound.

#13627 7 years ago

Not much you could have custom powder coated armor to whatever color you want pinball refinary will be offering several options.

#13629 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

CHROME, baby !

Yes the chrome does look sweet on the pro someone had pictures somewhere on one.

#13633 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I just received an email today from my distrib that the GBLEs are shipping out very soon.

We're they saying that to get your money or just a heads up? It does seem more the likely they will be shipping very soon though

#13638 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think mirror blades might look awesome
in GB.. I have them in my MET, which is very similar style playfield artwork and style, and I think it looks killer.

Think he is referring to the outside cabinet not inside where blades go, but I agree I like mirror blades have black mirror on scared stiff and would have done them on GB was it not for the Zombie Yeti pinblades to me since he is the artist it completes the package.

#13640 7 years ago

Probably could resell it on ebay to a unsuspecting buyer

#13642 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Do you need all 4? I certainly do not. If I could order just 1 I would consider it.

All 4 of what?

#13647 7 years ago

Where did the video come from?

#13664 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

The sticker things. I would buy one.

Sorry I meant I just ordered the art blades

#13667 7 years ago

Yeah really hate the top down videos we keep getting that angle tells so much more

#13698 7 years ago

Yeah I don't think distros really know but customers keep pestering them so they say something that sounds good and is plausible.

#13700 7 years ago

Ok stupid question what exactly does the button do and how much?

#13715 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My distro just told me domestic LE's will be shipping in 2 weeks

Sounds good to me can't wait my pile of mods keeps getting biger

#13775 7 years ago

Concerning JT comments not sure what he said behind closed doors but some of these comments are confirmed on the Germany pinball broadcast

#13781 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone has seen these plastic protectors on Ebay, i contacted the seller and they are suppose to be identical in color to sterns just a little bit bigger and more protective. I order the blue ones,

ebay.com link: Fluorescent Blue Slingshot Return Lane Protector Set for Sterns Ghostbusters

#13822 7 years ago

I have a scared stiff and i cant wait for this game to kick the shit out of me

#13918 7 years ago

Yeah thought something interesting might have happened with all the posts but no just a bunch of BS

#13921 7 years ago

Premium streaming coming this Friday from game exchange!!!!

#13976 7 years ago

The mods already came in and said to knock it off with the GB movie rants why don't we talk about how surprising it is that we will see a premium in action in just 3 days

#13991 7 years ago

I got my PBU kit yesterday no machine yet but at least i have it waiting to be put on, no way i am going to use the center post though just want it for the outlane guides.

#13992 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Where'd you get it? I thought they didn't ship to the US.

Pinball life imported them over

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4255

#13999 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hi Paul, or anyone else with a game,
Could you tell me if all the 5V flashers are metal Bayonet, or are there any wedge based flashers in the game....???
Thanks!

Nice got mine ordered, a must have mod for this game

#14021 7 years ago

Gotta say the 500 dollar tag is absurd I am hoping Laserific topper will look better on the LE.

#14039 7 years ago

Laserific is making a official licensed alternative topper that Stern approves.

#14042 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

meaning they get royalties on it?

Don't know ins and outs but yeah bother Laserific and Stern would be making money

#14052 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

man you really need invisiglass on that thing! I already have a sheet waiting for my GB LE.. The art kicks too much ass, and the machine costs way too much to have regular glass on there. The topper really adds glare from what I can tell during that video.

Yeah the glare is no good going to have to get a couple sheets of pdi should only take 6 months or so

#14054 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I like the topper...think the siren looks a little hokey...wish it worked and had a chrome face. Looks better then Sterns pictures and looks good lit up. Hmm Siren mod for the mod lol

Yeah would have been nice if the siren did something but the lights do look nice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
10,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, MA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
357 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Flato. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=Flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.