IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3601 8 years ago

When I first heard that there may be an Ghostbusters pinball machine I was intrigued, but I do –not at all- like the Stern games because of their mostly poor Artwork (cliparts dragged in Photoshop over a variety of colortransitions) playfield.

The leaked images, first the translite and now the cab and the little snippet of the playfield give me hope. This might be my first Stern machine at all and a NIB right away.

As for the rest I didn’t care. I’ve no doubt the game will play well,… although that may take some time & updates. And since I don’t like the ‘style’ in wich the WoOZ uses the LCD Screen I was totally fine that the game will still use DMD. That was until I read all your complaints and checked the last Stern games (I played most of them some times but never really looked at the display)...

What I see there is the same lack of love like most of the times with the rest of the art. Yeah, just some scenes from the movies in shitty pixilated graphics won’t cut it I agree. But since the rest of the art seems to be completely custom art I have faith that there’ll be some hand pixelated animations as well, wich would be so much nicer referring to an old license.

#3695 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The thread has devolved into oblivion because there simply isn't any more to share.

That's why it's called "speculation" isn't it?

If there'll be a peppers ghost effect i'd assume the projector will be in the same spot as in the Star Trek LE/ SE, only... a better one and not some dots of course.

Since the projector there illuminated the upper playfield and the snippet of playfield artwork shows the ghostbusters in this upper area pointing (shooting) up I'd assume (if at all) the picture is projected just above the ghostbusters.

#4011 8 years ago

4010 Posts of wich maybe 10 are 'speculating' and the rest are a complete waste of time... and I read them all!!! -_-;

Anyways... what's the actual speculation when whis thing will be revealed, now that valentine's over (and all we got was a teaser for a trailer)? 24th (in memory of Harold Ramis)?

#4014 8 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

I thought people were saying Texas Pinball fest, so late march?

Playable, but the anouncement is set for february... or at least that's what Captain Kirk wrote and everyone swallowed it.

With the Spider Man VE just getting ready for orders I can't quiet believe it anyway but I that doesn't keep me from hoping.

I just wan't to see the playfield art. If it's really hand drawn and there are not to many (essential) toys missing in the pro, I'll totaly sell everything in the house for a NIB.

#4089 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If they're backlogged on production, why announce something they can't make right now anyway?

That doesn't matter, they just shall announce it and take my money.

#4247 8 years ago

Aussiearcade is getting a lot of new Members These days!

#4248 8 years ago

Oh, and regarding the new cab & playfield art:

I-came-ghostbuster_(resized).jpgI-came-ghostbuster_(resized).jpg

#4493 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They may want people to believe that is true, but I just don't see it. Over the past few years I've seen many many game rooms fill with NIB machines, but of the two games on rout near me (one a TRS and one a SP) they have not been updated at all. No NIB games have gone on rout anywhere near me, but plenty of home use games are bought.
It has to be closer to 80/20...maybe even higher.

Yeah, fortget what I wrote, I allready deleted ist. I mistook it for USA & Overseas wich is 50/50. Location vs. Collectors is 80/20... if what someone wrote above is to be trusted. Maybe the other way around.

#4494 8 years ago

The score wheels in Whoa Nellie! are a novelty factor... and a Testament to the era this pin tries to replicate. It totally stands out, so I beleive without a doubt that it is the best earning game for now.

As for Ghostbusters and the DMD: GB is a Pin I indeed kinda WANT a DMD (with nice dot animations -> NOT shitty cutscenes like Stern does now most of the time) or even an Alpha numeric Display just to replicate the era and the feel.
(But I would still prefer DMD for mor depth/ game modes.)

Seen the other way around I want LCD animatios as colorful as they could be, to match the LED Lightshow on the playfield. This may be no Problem with some modern crisp Hollywood Blockbuster, but not with some mostly brownish 80s Movie or some re-colored black and white movie (really no-one outside the USA cares about).

#4497 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Imagine of GB had a color LCD like Big Lebowski, where it shows full movie clips while playing- then you would have legit sound and visuals to really immerse you when playing- and also while watching other people play their turns. It would be so much better than a regular DMD, and of course scoring reels (LOL, c'mon)
I really think there's at least a 32% chance it has a color DMD....

Srysly?! How could some movie clips anywhere fit in with the cartoony vab art and playfield?! Naaaahhhh... !

But as you mention 32% chance: What beacme of the My Little Pony pin Gary teased? - That would be - AT LEAST - 20% cooler than GB.

1 week later
#5258 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Theme is a supporting role - not the decision maker.

For me every aspect is a decision maker, starting with the theme.

1) Do I like the theme?

If yes:

2) Do I like the style? (Here it's mostly game over for the Stern games since I really hate the photoshop clip art playfields. I like the KISS playfield art, but I allready lost interrest because of 1. )

If yes:

3) Do I like the actual gameplay?

If yes:

4) Do I like the Sound/ Lightshow? (I want a spectacle! - Although THAT really is more of a Bonus bit.)

For the Ghostbusters it is the FIRST Stern game for me, where I can confirm 1+2. And since I'm an awful player, the game has to be really bad that I'm underwhelmed by the actual gameplay. So I just want to see it (and hear it) in action (to confirm point 4) and then I'll get my order ready!

#5396 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Stern's announcements have come on different days. Spiderman VE was on a Monday, IIRC. There is no pattern.

There ist ALWAYS a pattern! For instance they were all announced on days ending with "day".

#5401 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Ugh, I think that's right... I'll be disappointed if the announcement today is "It's ghostbusters!", then we have to wait several more days to see anything we don't already know.

"It's ghostbusters! Wait for the full reveal on the convention next week!"?! - I think I'd run amok.

#5491 8 years ago

I kinda miss a central piece of artwork on the playfield. :-/

#5924 8 years ago
Quoted from HeroPixel:

Max Von Sydow voiced Vigo. Vigo was played by a german man named, Wilhelm von Homburg. He was an ex-boxer and the son of a Nazi. They couldn't have chosen a better villain.

You can't choose your parents.

#6627 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So the game after GB will have an LCD?

GB has a LCD. Above the Ecto Goggles.
WWE as well. Above the ring.

#6650 8 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

And manufactured here in the good ol' U.S. of A! Happy to patronize!

Srsly? Only hear spanish when they walk the assembly line.

#6660 8 years ago

I'll wait for the streams before ordering but I think it'll be the Pro for me.

1) I like the Pro cab & translite best.

2) Despite loosing lots of the cool factor with the missing ecto goggles & magnetic slingshots the playfield still Looks absolutely packed and not like a stripped down version like many games before. The only real change of gaming flow will come from the missing ramp from the bottom right to the left flipper.

3) The margin for the distributors here for some reason seem to be smaller on the Premium and LE models then the Pro, wich results in some strange pricing, widening the gap between the models:

Pro: 5995$ MSRP = about 5995€ (so $=€) (Cheapest I found was 5795€)
Premium: 7595$ MSRP = about 8225€ (WTF?!) (Cheapest I found was 8125€)

(8225€ are 9176$ btw)

So the Premium is about 2330$ more expensive for wich i can get some presumably cool and unique gimmiks... or another great (used) pinball machine.

So as Long as Mr. Twitchguys gameplay video doesn't look some the game is missing something/ incomplete (ore the game totally sucks) it'll be the Pro. (Otherwise I'll propably pass.)

#6706 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Srsly? Spanish speaking people are Americans too. But thanks for your intolerant and narrow minded protection of our motherland.

Not Srsly.
It was meant a side-swipe to minimum wage jobs.

Edit: In general, not only the US.

#6969 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Don't worry about the haunted magnetic slings. They are "haunted" or "ghosts" says Stern.
Sure it fits the theme, but really think about the implications to "normal" pinball gameplay. For example, would you want this on your other games? Would you want this on ACDC? Would you want this on Tron? What about LOTR? How will this effect multiball? Seems like a really bad idea. I hope it works out, but this is guilty of WTF until proven otherwise. These are working all the time. This is not a mode. This is not on the upper section of the play field. This is the SLINGS. This is in the "backbone" of what a pinball game is. This is the danger area that bangs balls into the out lanes and directly above the flippers where you play the game!

He said they can behave like regular slingshots so my guess is they're NOT spooked the whole time.

#7113 8 years ago

ECTO-1 Siren Topper! W00t!!!

3 weeks later
#9370 8 years ago

No one made a montage of the cityscape pinblades mounted inside the cabinet yet?

#9582 8 years ago

If you want to be on the safe side just buy all three!

#9599 8 years ago

I think the thing they're still working on is getting the animations for the ecto goggles ready (wich is quite obvious, since the only only existing mockup is done with 2D art from the playfield while the slingshots should be tested working perfectly before even planning of implementing them).

#9602 8 years ago

I don't think anything is 'delayed'. I just think none of the ecto google animations were ready by the time they made the shoot of the Premium/ LE models. Otherwise they wouldn't have taken an 2d artwork snippet off the playfield wich clearly won't featured there as well.

#9823 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

When the gameplay video comes out, we'll really see what a huge difference there is between the Pro and Prem/LE models. [...] Not just better LED lights Shows [...].

They're identical. - Or, at least, the LE/ Premium won't have more Color changers then the Pro model. Maybe there'll be a flasher at the subway ramp or something like that, but no big differences.

#10162 8 years ago

To -Manimal said:
Precisely...if the code was mature, they would have shown it. Still saying June

Nonsense.

Brilliant reasoning.

#10311 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

This is coming from someone who has never had anything good to say about stern. I did not order a GBLE but I played the pro at the TPF an I wish I had. The game plays as good as it looks. People paid the idiot J poop how much money for a magic girl and got hosed, here is a game that looks just as cool and plays as good as it looks.

We'll never now how the final game would have played, but the art on Magic Girl is a hunded times better. The playfield looks more like a collaborated canvas with space left for some central artwork and not an effort to squeeze some tiny art pieces between all the inserts like the GB.

Both are great works of ZY for what they are but I like when the artwork has some more room to breathe.

But in that regard the cabinet artwork of GB compensates that for me.

(Btw. can you buy the Magic Girl Backglass somewhere?)

#10317 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I understand but I can buy a GB that doesn't cost 18000 and actually works and the warranty isn't voided inlet someone else play it beside me, joking.

Yeah. I just,... man... that last interview with Jpop and that he asked Stern to help him out but they wouldn't do it for totally free and that isn't how it works in his company (present tense although his company allready wasn't anymore by that time). We ALL could have gotten a Magic Girl from Stern. *sniff* (And the guys who paid upfront get a Special LE Version or somewhat.)

Mastermind.... -_-;

But yeah, he "found" Jeremy so: Yeah! Hand drawn Art is finally back to pinball in a big way and I love it. Definately getting GB NIB (never even dreamt of buying a Stern in any condition before) and hope ZY will have some more freedom for the Projects to come.

And I still don't give up hope for Magic Girl. I JPops company is bancrupt, maybe Stern buys the rights to the 3/4 finished pin for peanuts.

#10319 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Could not disagree more....
Magic Girl looked like someone tried to put a whole pounder bag of skittles in their mouth and then coughed them onto the playfield.
The PF artwork (by itself, with the machine turned off) was nice, but the combination of the pf art and the light show was nauseating. I thought ZY' stuff was solid, but the integration into that machine was horrible.
I think GB is far and away a better TOTAL package.

I only spoke of the playfield design not the lightshow and beyond, because the pin wasn't finished anyway.

With the rest you are just plainly wrong when referring to the skittles analogy. The GB is the one that is bursting with color and tiny bits spread over the playfield, while the MG has a reduced color palette. The MG at least starts with a central piece of artwork (the girl, some magic chest and the title) wich -in my opinion- looks nicer (and objectively is a nicer composition or "a" composition at all) compared to the 4 Ghostbusters (wich are the main theme) spread over the whole playfield, partly covered by ramps and stuff and only shown from behind.

Edit:
And I don't say any of them is better. They're just different and propably have been done under vastly different circumstances.

#10323 8 years ago

Now back to magnaslings...

I dont care!

I'll get the pro anyway because I like the cab artwork best, don't wanna wait,... and i'm poor. (Well, as 'poor' as someone buying a 6000$ toy can be called.)

#10378 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Did you not see Metallica or Kiss? Both have really good hand drawn art. Stern has been doing this for awhile now.

Yeah and I like the KISS design (this just isn't my music) but it's still something completely different licensingwise. An intellectual property like a movie or TV series, a "franchise" with big companys and lots of people involved, has much stricter guidelines (or so it was argued for a long time). Even with GB they explicitely said that although they had the rights for the franchise, they had to get the approval for every individual likeness from the actors themselves. (I just guess that's a bit simpler if you get in touch directly with a band.)

Oh, and Metallica art looks shit.

#10379 8 years ago

JT, like Steve Ritchie, design for the Premium and strip fro the Pro.

You're obviously wrong. JT was in the Dead Flip video and he didn't strip.

scnr

#10548 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Read his post again until you get the joke.

He kinda just blatantly confirmed that he doesn't even try to read through any Posts (and follow an argument) that MIGHT be another opinion then his,... but still answer.

Edit: Sorry, someone allready wrote this.

#10751 8 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Agreed. I think the rumor of a mod has been put to rest. Mezelmods is not working on it and clearly Stern is not based on the article. Seems like the holes were left in the playfield (last I knew), so I guess it provides some an avenue for some home brew creativity -- without any code to support though

Uh, as far as I remember they claimed otherwise.

Yes, the Proton beams as a gameplay mechanic have been cancelled, but there'll be some illuminated plastic beams.

#10870 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Cons...
A direct hard hit to either scolari target seems to send the ball flying over the flippers and drain. 1/2 the time.
A ball coming slow out of the center shot by the pops seem to go straight down towards the middle 75% of the time and with the flipper gap you really need to nudge hard. (Tilt)
Sometimes a hard spinner shot will stop dead on the spinner. (Maybe just not set up right)
A bunch of missed shots or bounces seem to land on top of the plastics covering the captive balls on the left and roll to a drain.
It feels awkward when the ball rolls on top.
Overall many shots fly and bounce around.
Landing on or hitting the plastics in the machine.
It does not seem to have a smooth flow at all.
Not very many shots return the ball to the flippers. You have to constantly fight for control.
But it could just be that it needs some tweaking and dialing in.
Overall it's good, but seems to play kind of clunky.
But as I said, maybe the machine I played just needs a better set up.
I never got that just "one more game feeling"
Or "that shot felt good"

Thx, this is the first helpful post in the entire Thread.

Heard that with the drains and airballs from a lot of people who managed to play that game last weekend at the european premier.

Seems like that's no individual issue. :-/

But don't forget: The playfield & flippers are still rand new, I guess with a 100+ games that will get noticably better.

#11078 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Also for the outlanes, got an idea of how to minimize drains a little more, will do a mod when I get my game and make it available

Rubber Bands

#11087 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The code version is 0.9.

Hm,... propably because the machines had to ship earlier.

Jared, you'd please get the 1.0 code uploaded to the Stern homepage?

#11109 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I recall that shortly after the announcement someone pointed out the spelling error on Facebook and the Stern account assured the commenter that it was only a prototype error. I guess that was B.S.

You recall wrong,... I recall. - They said that this is a prototype, no more. The rest was up to our speculation.

#11114 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Is there a v1.0 update out? I forget which version was on the Facebook video a little while back

In the Facebook Vid they played 1.0, wich they're shipping the machines with as they told. But I guess that only goes for domestic; that's why I'd like them to upload 1.0 for when my machine arrives these days.

#11161 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sorry DS_nadine, I recall what you recall is wrong and what seenev recalls is right. Facebook also recalled:

image_(resized).jpeg

You should read what is written there, it is exactly what I said.

#11162 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

By responding to the comment with that answer implies that it is only a mistake in the prototype and would be fixed for production. Honestly... what else are people supposed to take from that answer?

You are right. But this is "PR", they want to "imply" this (and not to cancel your preorders) (,... at least if the Person in Charge knew that the first Batch of games will have the error).

They didn't "lie". The photoshooting was made with prototype playfields but with no word did they explicitly say that the mistake won't be on the shipped games or is a prototype exclusive typo. I thought so from the beginning that I read this, that the playfields might allready be in production and therefore they couldn't correct the spelling...

...but I don't care and get the game anyway.

1 week later
#12234 7 years ago

Saw the Video of the LE, made my decision and finally ordered my Pro wich should hit my distributor coming monday!

Why the Pro? Because the LE/ Premium sucks Ballz of steel!!!

Nah, personally I like the cab artwork best on the pro (wich is not insignificant since it sits in my office where I stare at it most of the day, turned off) and since I only have space for one pin I'd prefer one with regular slings. And despite the ramp to the left flipperfinger (gamechanger) and the subway ramp (wich I think is useless gameplaywise but very cool) this and the rest don't justify ~2600$ extra for me.

But I will build in a shaker from day1!!!

#12403 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're the only one who wants more GB2

I like GB2 a lot. Yes it's a bit different and a testament to it's time with everyone not smoking and a rap-music centric soundtrack, but thats kinda it. Only thing I wondered about is that the arrival of Vigo happens on new years eve but the movie does a very poor job communicating that.

2 weeks later
#13289 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Heck with the game, where can I get cyborg-pants like that?

These are just some regular working pants...

http://www.engelbert-strauss.de/Bekleidung/Hosen/Berufshosen/Bundhosen/Bundhose_e_s_motion-3310540-65181-277-224.html

2 weeks later
#14184 7 years ago

Could someone post a video of the topper with the topper WORKING (IN GAME *mindblown*) and a camerawork that isn't that of a 4 year old with parkinson desease and a camera that's not using tapes?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.