IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AtTheArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#353 8 years ago

I'll be all over this machine if it happens. I'd have to completely change the layout of my gameroom to fit another machine in here but I'll do it! I'm a HUGE Ghostbusters fan. My gameroom has Ghostbusters stuff everywhere. Ghostbusters arcade machine, dozens of figures, proton pack replica, other prop replicas, you name it. I'll have to take some pics for you guys.

#357 8 years ago

I saw that post about the art being posted too but I couldn't figure out where anyone else was talking about it. For reference, it's post 294 in this thread. It reads:

Quoted from Nullpunkt:

Does anyone have an link to the Ghostbusters art that was supposedly floating around a few days ago? I never saw it.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The art leaked. If you were at Expo you might have seen it, it was never on Pinside to my knowledge. Just like if you were in the right place at the right time you might have seen Alien art that hasn't been made public. Pays to hit the big shows!
Other than that I couldn't speak to it.

Wow! Very cool! Can you say the circumstances in which you saw it or any other details?

I can't remember if the new arcade game was talked about in this thread or not but just in case it wasn't, here's a link to that with a video of it in action: http://arcadeheroes.com/2015/11/02/ghostbusters-videmption-arcade-in-action/

The Gameroom Junkies Facebook page has a picture of it also from a couple of weeks ago at IAAPA in Orlando.

Looks like Ghostbusters is making a grand return in 2016!

1 month later
#2526 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I heard from an undisclosed distributor that Stern is behind with all their current production of games and the announcement of this title will probably not be until March.

That would be a bummer.

Has anyone else with inside knowledge heard a date yet? Or at least a month or announcement and release?

#2795 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

From what's leaked so far - I like the Pro cab better than the LE, but obviously want the LE features...so - if the premium cab is Pro art w/ full featured playfield (like AC/DC, Avengers, Metallica) I'd be totally cool w/ that.

Rare...I'm with you. I really don't like the LE cab. But I LOVE Ecto-1 on the pro. It sounds like the LE will have the EL proton streams and the hanging Slimer thing but that pro won't. That would stink. Premium would be perfect though if it has the LE features with pro cabinet art. But I wonder if they'd do EL wire on a premium?

Does anyone know some of the other differences between the pro and LE yet?

#2808 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Premiums always have the same playfield features as the LE. If the LE has proton streams, the Premium will have proton streams.
This are is still preliminary - it'll be great to see the final art...then I can really make a decision.

The reason I thought that the premium might not have the EL wire is because Star Trek LE has the photon torpedo lights on the sides whereas the Premium does not. But I guess that's not really a playfield thing but more of a cabinet thing that happens to effect the playfield slightly since it goes all the way through.

Here's hoping that the premium cabinet art is awesome. Stern has never released pro cabinet art on a premium have they? I'd really like to have Ecto-1 on the cabinet.

#2842 8 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

So what was on that Reddit link that the NiftyLED pics don't show? You don't have to provide any screen shots, just curious...

Nothing. Both links have the same photos that everyone else seems to have.

1 week later
#3843 8 years ago

Speaking of video clips... I know most aren't excited about the reboot but they released a pretty cool teaser trailer today.

#4162 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Is the Slimer with the green trim the LE?

As far as we know. Apparently there's a Stay Puft premium too but I don't think any of us have seen it.

#4585 8 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

It's letting you know that it's only in theaters so you don't confuse as being marketed towards the original. New one is being released July 15 and those Twinkies are best used by April 7. I really only care about the Ecto Cooler that's being re-released. I may not have any money left for the Ghostbusters pin after stocking up on that sugar water.

Amen brother!

I was going to say that we need an ecto cooler alternative translite but I actually like the leaked translite so maybe just an ecto cooler playfield mod. It could go next to the Ghostbusters cereal and Ghostbusters ceiling fan mods.

But seriously, it's awesome to see Ghostbusters merch everywhere again...and it's not all reboot merch either. A lot of it is merch geared towards the classic line, as they are now calling it.

1 week later
#5332 8 years ago

A distributor (can't say who because they asked me not to) told me that tomorrow is the announcement. I'd LOVE for him to be wrong and it be today though! Either way, I think we're in the final hours!!!!

#5770 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Am I crazy to consider getting a premium AND a pro, swapping cabinets, and selling the pro?

I'm with you! I prefer the pro cabinet with either the Pro or the Premium translite. But I want the Premium features! Darn it! The LE is my least favorite but I'm an impatient moron and a HUGE Ghostbusters fan so I'm in for an LE and later on down the line I may swap it for a Premium. If the Premium decides to hit right around when the LE hits then I'll switch over and cancel my LE. First world problems guys...

#5853 8 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Who has LEs available? I usually use gex but he is out already.

Try Marcos Specialties. I was their first LE order today and I just did it at 2pm. They probably still have plenty of spots, if not all of them except for one.

#5856 8 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

They will all be giving the same, under MSRP value I believe.

I called around to four distributors in the last 24 hours. One of them, probably the same one that told you guys, said that Stern sets the prices now and they cannot deviate from that. However, the other three distributors all gave me lower prices than what this other one quoted. Either someone at that company is misinformed or the people at the other three companies are misinformed.

#5952 8 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Why is the "Containment Unit" called the "Storage Facility?"
I feel like such a nerd typing that out.

I'm not sure if they ever call it a containment unit in the movie. I know they did in the cartoon but in the movie I only remember them calling it the grid and the storage facility.

3 weeks later
#8952 8 years ago

Wolfie, you missed Ghostbusters at Gahagan Park in Summerville last night. I couldn't resist. If it's Ghostbusters, I'm there! Haha.

#8976 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Getting Closer.....heard my delivery date on an LE is hopefully April 28th, and Pros could be shipping in another week or so!

I heard the same thing from my distributor. They called two days ago and said my LE would be in the last week of April or first week of May. They said that Stern contacted them that day with the new dates. Keeping my fingers crossed!

1 month later
#11618 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Symmetrical cookie stacking. No human would stack cookies like this...

Symmetrical_Cookie_Stacking_(resized).jpg

42067d50-27bf-4564-928b-1ff9a27e2829_(resized).png42067d50-27bf-4564-928b-1ff9a27e2829_(resized).png

#12018 7 years ago

I've watched parts of the stream but haven't watched the whole thing yet. For those that have, did you show the factory floor at all or talk about the LE being on the line? I would assume it's on the line right now and maybe we'll be getting them in the next week or two. I know when they filmed the pro they walked around the factory floor and posted pictures of the pro on the line and was hoping we'd see the same for the LE.

2 weeks later
#13042 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Yep you're right ! Already fix the typo, new link added download it again.

Awesome video and thanks for posting those cards! What's the best way for us to print these out?

1 week later
#13537 7 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

OK....so anyone know where I can get custom score cards?

https://1fichier.com/?78of95w37q

Namsan did these up. You can see photos of them in post #12965. The first few apron photos show the original cards, just keep scrolling down to see the new ones he did.

My question is what's the best way to print these? Take them to Wal-Mart or local CVS or something and have them print glossy? Looks like instruction cards are about 5.5x3?

#13861 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Just put people like this guy on ignore. Disclaimer: I don't know who it was because I have him/her on ignore.

Bingo! It's funny though...I log in to see that there's 50+ new messages but I can only see like 15 of them because every other post (or sometimes 3-4 posts in a row) just say "Ignored user post".

1 week later
#14752 7 years ago
Quoted from Raiders:

Anyone making custom apron cards for this??

Namsan did these up. You can see photos of them in post #12965. The first few apron photos show the original cards, just keep scrolling down to see the new ones he did.

#14840 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Communication. We've asked and pleaded for this from Stern, other makers and even modders. It's usually severely lacking from all three and it's very frustrating to customers.

There's plenty of communication. Just ask the person handling their Facebook page. He'll reply right away with either a sarcastic (borderline rude) remark or "stay tuned...".

Oh...maybe you were referring to meaningful communication. Yes, that does seem to be lacking.

1 week later
#15157 7 years ago

This thread took a nasty turn. Let me see if I can help all of us get back to a happy moment.

My distro just called and said that they just set up shipping for their LE's. Their shipment is coming on Thursday (the 7th). I'll be riding my happy little butt 200 miles round trip to get her same day. Hopefully their information is good. I imagine it is. They didn't ask for the rest of my payment or anything. Just wanted to set up my pickup date. Anyone else in the US hearing some solid dates?

#15220 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

May I ask if you are picking up your game next week but the distro did not ask for full payment,when do you pay,it sound like when you get to the pickup

I'm paying when I pick up.

#15320 7 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Someone already made costum cards for Gb LE?
Searched, but couldn't find...

#15321 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Actually those were for his Pro. He did some for his LE too as seen here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=Namsan#post-3223282 but I don't think he posted links to them yet. I'll PM him and see if he'd be kind enough to share the LE ones with us. I pick mine up tomorrow afternoon!

#15342 7 years ago

Number 25 in the house! I was worried that the game would be hard based on some reviews here and game play video I've seen but mine plays fine. I wonder if the hard games out there just weren't set up right or maybe too steep. Mine's at 6.5 for reference. Paperwork says to set it from 6.5 to 7.

3 weeks later
#15866 7 years ago

Had an insane game on my LE last night! 2.6 billion! I would certainly not consider myself a good player so I have no clue how I racked up a score this big. I had two friends over last night that were seeing the game for the first time and I really wanted them to see multiball so my goal all night was to get a multiball while they were over. I was on my last game of the night and I finally made it to multiball. I ended up with reversed flippers (which caused me to drain one right away) but I kept the others alive for a decent amount of time. I've only had multiball a few times in GBLE and I think I've only had reverse flippers once or twice before and I always drain very fast.

The rest of the game is pretty fuzzy to me because all I cared about was showing these guys multiball but I think I ended up with some crazy bonus multiplier of like 17x that was held over which by itself beat out my previous high score of 178 million. I think I also managed to get an extra ball that round too. All I know is that kind of game probably won't happen for me again anytime soon.

Oh, everything is factory by the way. Factory settings, factory (medium) outlanes, 6.5 pitch. The only non factory settings are free play and I have the shaker motor turned down because that baby THUMPS. Especially since it's on a second floor!

Needless to say, I love this game even more. My friends got a big kick out of the magnet slings.

gb_(resized).jpggb_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#16542 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Here is what I got when I opened my Pro last Friday. Kind of put a damper on the un-boxing party. Box looked good, maybe some slight signs of compression. Distributor is replacing it. Hopefully I don't have to wait another 4 months...

Ahh man! Sorry to hear about your machine. Like you said, hopefully the wait for your replacement won't be long. If you lived near me I'd invite you over to play mine while you wait it out. It's a great game and worth the wait in case you haven't played one yet. Cheers!

1 month later
#17229 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Still waiting on my premium, so this will have to do for now...

I own one of those myself. HUGE Ghostbusters fan here! I do have to say though...that green t-molding is breaking my heart. Haha. But maybe it looks better in person? I was a hater on the green LE's but now I have one and I love the green!

1 month later
#17488 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Looked thru the last couple of pages and didn't see this mentioned.
I work for a distributor and we got a stack of Ecto Goggles metal plates as a service update part from Stern yesterday.
It installs on the left side of the ecto goggles - you remove the 3 screws, add this stainless steel part with the 3 screws you removed and it keeps airballs from getting to your LCD screen.
Contact your distributor you bought the game from to get one. They should have them, too.
Forgive me if this has been posted/discussed already.

I haven't seen it discussed yet either but can confirm that my distro mailed me out one of these today.

1 week later
#17534 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone know what the point of this bracket on the sling plastics is?

Never even noticed that but my LE (one of the first LE's here in the states) has it. Weird.

5 months later
#17946 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

two great games!

He was in Congo too. Pretty cool that he has two games that correspond to movies he's acted in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AtTheArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=AtTheArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.