IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 360.
#4751 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Ernie Hudson for sure. I'm really hoping they add Aykroyd.

the orginal leak I heard of GB was probaly 1 year ago and it was specifically that a GB game was coming and this had been confirmed via a source claiming Dan was doing recordings.

#4752 8 years ago

Ernie Hudson for sure. I'm really hoping they add Aykroyd.

To me the question is will the game have voice clips cut from the movie(s) from all the actors.

#4753 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

To me the question is will the game have voice clips cut from the movie(s) from all the actors.

I can't see why not. Can't imagine Stern hiring and actual actor from the movie for custom voice work, then hiring voice actors to do the lifted scenes.

That would be a horrible mess.

#4754 8 years ago

Stupid question...does the sound of ones voice have property rights?
Meaning can a quality impersonator create new lines, in the voice of say Dan Akroyd
be used....

#4756 8 years ago

There are SO many great quotes from Ghostbusters (that could also be used as humorous pin callouts), that I would be extremely surprised if they didn't use the actual dialogue from the films. Seems like there are enough lines that could work well for the pin that they wouldn't need to record additional voice actors, especially if they got Ernie and Dan to do the custom callouts needed.

#4757 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Meaning can a quality impersonator create new lines, in the voice of say Dan Akroyd
be used....

It's been done... think of PoTC or even Austin Powers.

#4758 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And more recently, Avengers.

#4759 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

be used....

Fred Young did that for Bally/Williams for years. Stern too.

#4760 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The company is not exactly known to be marketing titans. They still promote their machines with flyers, and going to trade shows. Not exactly cutting edge. It is what it is.

But in all fairness, they also promote their games with excellently produced game videos (and include little hints in the background of forthcoming games), appearances on The Price Is Right, non pinball events like The Consumer Electronics Show, their factory is featured on geeky shows like How Its Made and Made In America, featured in The Pinball Arcade, and even on shows for boring housewives like Good Morning America.

Short of producing a virtual tour on Oculus Rift, how much more "cutting edge" can they get?

#4761 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Short of producing a virtual tour on Oculus Rift, how much more "cutting edge" can they get?

I agree, and these aren't "consumer goods" (even though we treat them like they are), certainly not for civilians.

If I were to fault Stern marketing in any way, it's that they should do more to drive location play, and direct people in that direction (beyond GS lecturing expo goers to get out of their basements). No one is going to drop $5k+ for a pinball just because they saw it on Price is Right, but they might be motivated to go to Dave & Busters to play it (if D&B had a pinball).

#4762 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If I were to fault Stern marketing in any way, it's that they should do more to drive location play, and direct people in that direction (beyond GS lecturing expo goers to get out of their basements).

Stern used to have a "pinball finder" on their website, but when Pinside's finder totally eclipsed it, they obviously took it down.

But it was ahead of it's time back when they did have it.

stern-where-to-play_(resized).jpgstern-where-to-play_(resized).jpg

#4763 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I agree, and these aren't "consumer goods" (even though we treat them like they are), certainly not for civilians.
If I were to fault Stern marketing in any way, it's that they should do more to drive location play, and direct people in that direction (beyond GS lecturing expo goers to get out of their basements). No one is going to drop $5k+ for a pinball just because they saw it on Price is Right, but they might be motivated to go to Dave & Busters to play it (if D&B had a pinball).

Totally agree on the location thing. First they need to offer all modern games on digital. Within the app, it shows the closest location where you can play the real thing. So obvious....

#4764 8 years ago

One of my favorite quotes from Bill Murray when Sigourney is walking with the orchestra dude and he says

"Who's the Stiff"

I want that on ball drains

#4765 8 years ago

Farsight's Ghostbusters iOS pinball game has lifted audio clips from the movie. Must be included with the license or fairly cheap to add-on.

#4766 8 years ago

Pinball browser will surely solve all of our callout woes. I'm not worried about it either way.

#4767 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Totally agree on the location thing. First they need to offer all modern games on digital. Within the app, it shows the closest location where you can play the real thing. So obvious....

Obvious for a consumer... Not necessarily in the old operator pov.

I'm for it, but I understand why some are against it. It lets the competition know where viable locations are (to try to steal) and it's not past some ops to try to hurt their competition

#4768 8 years ago

Looked through the last 3 pages and didn't see this mentioned, but in the months Replay Magazine (trade journal) stern has a full page color ad for ghostbusters and states they will start shipping mid-March. I have taken pictures of the pages so you can see for yourself.

20160302_130848_(resized).jpg20160302_130848_(resized).jpg

20160302_130918_(resized).jpg20160302_130918_(resized).jpg

20160302_130859_(resized).jpg20160302_130859_(resized).jpg

#4769 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Looked through the last 3 pages and didn't see this mentioned, but in the months Replay Magazine (trade journal) stern has a full page color ad for ghostbusters and states they will start shipping mid-March. I have taken pictures of the pages so you can see for yourself.

20160302_130848_(resized).jpg20160302_130918_(resized).jpg20160302_130859_(resized).jpg

I'm calling you out as a liar. That's not real!

#4770 8 years ago

Get hyped!

#4771 8 years ago

Please keep reality out of this thread. It is for speculation only.

#4772 8 years ago

Yo, dang. Hype level 1000. Beams of hype crossed.

#4773 8 years ago

That's a thread eject right there! After 96 pages of speculation, I know one when I see it!

#4774 8 years ago

OK Gary, the Slimer is out of the containment unit - show us the official photos!

#4775 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Megatron for Transformers was a voice over actor also.

#4777 8 years ago

BOOM. Ghostbusters shit is real.

#4778 8 years ago

20160302_130848_(resized).jpg20160302_130918_(resized).jpg20160302_130859_(resized).jpg

"debut at expo" I assume means at TPF?

#4779 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"debut at expo" I assume means at TPF?

I hope so! I'll be there.

#4780 8 years ago

There are Pros on the floor built already for export, it will be at TPF I'm sure in a few weeks.

#4781 8 years ago

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

#4782 8 years ago

Wow, getting damn good at photoshop!

#4783 8 years ago

So, where are all the doubters now?

#4784 8 years ago

Counting the days to TPF. Can't wait to see this and all the other new machines.

#4785 8 years ago

4768 posts of GB speculation to finally get to this. I think it's time to change the title of this thread.

Is that the comic book art in the ad?

#4786 8 years ago

hot damn, glad i decided to take the trip to TPF!

#4787 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

4768 posts of GB speculation to finally get to this. I think it's time to change the title of this thread

Can I do that? Would love to run a strike through "speculation".

#4788 8 years ago

Can I do that? Would love to run a strike through "speculation".

I am pretty sure you can edit your own first post, including the title.

#4789 8 years ago

say you want one of these in the US. Who is the best distributor to deal with?

#4790 8 years ago
Quoted from skeecasball:

Trent. Tilt Amusements.

#4791 8 years ago

Peter is hyped.

20160302_132645_001_(resized).jpg20160302_132645_001_(resized).jpg

#4792 8 years ago
Quoted from skeecasball:

Who you gonna call.....

#4793 8 years ago

Everyone going to grab their GB money right now....

stern_(resized).jpgstern_(resized).jpg

#4794 8 years ago

So the composition of this is different than the earlier leaked translite art. Bill Murray and Erie Hudson look the same but Ramis and Aykroyd look like different drawings. Could this be the art for the Slimer LE translite?

#4795 8 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So the composition of this is different than the earlier leaked translite art. Bill Murray and Erie Hudson look the same but Ramis and Aykroyd look like different drawings. Could this be the art for the Slimer LE translite?

Or just a flyer clipping in the different characters?

#4796 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Or just a flyer clipping in the different characters?

I thought that as well but since 2 of the characters are different drawings and slimer was front and center I thought it might be alternate translite art. Aspect ratio is off for translite dimensions as well.

#4797 8 years ago

Ok. Robin. Can you add Ghostbusters to the game archive list so we all can add it to our wanted lists?

#4798 8 years ago

http://www.coin-op.org/events-3/the-amusement-expo/
This is the expo they are referring to

#4799 8 years ago

Playfield design and game code for this machine? Anybody know who?

#4800 8 years ago

Trudeau did the design and Zombie Yeti did the art. Who did code?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.