IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 360.
#4501 8 years ago

Gb with color dmd is a must or LCD

It's like a Lamborghini Huracan
The car is fantastic but with a enhanced exhaust system the fun really starts

Same way I feel about this Dmd stuff

#4502 8 years ago

If they put out a great LE with a monochrome DMD, I'm still in. Then I'll upgrade to a color DMD once available.

#4503 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Once again, Stern already sided with my opinion because they already said DMD's are going to be gone very soon.

DMDs aren't going anywhere for awhile. They'll still be selling DMD games when they release the first LCD game and it'll take awhile to completely faze out DMDs. I'd guess at least two years.

I'd totally buy a game with Alphanumeric or digital displays. Even a game like GB if it had old style displays. For me, important features in a game are ranked in the order of gameplay, sound, display. If the game played great and sounded great, I could care less about display as long as they were able to properly convey the info I need through inserts or other means.

#4504 8 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srysly?! How could some movie clips anywhere fit in with the cartoony vab art and playfield?! Naaaahhhh... !
But as you mention 32% chance: What beacme of the My Little Pony pin Gary teased? - That would be - AT LEAST - 20% cooler than GB.

He said 32% chance for a color DMD not LCD

#4505 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Those are the pros at 11.5 ounces. The LE will be 16 ounces.

Actually, the LEs will be the exact same size, but have a nice label

#4506 8 years ago

Are LE's these days just an extra certificate and numbered plaque? Or do they have lit aprons etc. Last stern I bought was an xmen le so there was no premium.

#4507 8 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

Are LE's these days just an extra certificate and numbered plaque? Or do they have lit aprons etc. Last stern I bought was an xmen le so there was no premium.

It depends on the game - some LE's have lit aprons, some don't.
The LE's usually have upgraded armor, different artwork, and a mirrored backglass/translite.

#4508 8 years ago

I hope we get a GB announcement from Stern soon. I'd like to make a decision on the GB LE before the TWD Premiums are gone. Basically, I plan to buy a TWD Premium, but want to wait and see if GB LE knocks it off the top of my list. Either way, I'm ordering one of those two pins very soon.

#4509 8 years ago

I hope we get a GB announcement from Stern soon. I'd like to make a decision on the GB LE before the TWD Premiums are gone. Basically, I plan to buy a TWD Premium, but want to wait and see if GB LE knocks it off the top of my list. Either way, I'm ordering one of those two pins very soon.

Ha! I've been holding off buying anything since the rumors started. I'm in the same boat I want a NIB MET before I can't get them anymore

#4510 8 years ago

Yep, it is a prescription for buyer's remorse if we buy other pins before we even get a look at the official Stern GB release info and images. Come on Gary, do it Wednesday morning!

#4515 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I'm just going to kick back, crack a couple of these bad boys, and enjoy the show.

image_(resized).jpeg

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/02/19/new-ghostbusters-ecto-cooler-hi-c-can-is-selling-for-175/

Can it still be good?

#4517 8 years ago

strange when I clicked on it in the link it opened right up.

#4518 8 years ago

Basically, I plan to buy a TWD Premium, but want to wait and see if GB LE knocks it off the top of my list.

Quoted from tacshose:

Ha! I've been holding off buying anything since the rumors started. I'm in the same boat I want a NIB MET before I can't get them anymore

And this is exactly why these leaks were NOT from Stern as some sort of marketing. They have way more to lose not selling machines than disrupting Hobbit or RZ. They've got games for sale TODAY and would like to sell those to you very much.

#4519 8 years ago

we had color displays on pinball 34 years ago
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=125

baby_pacman_pinball_(resized).jpgbaby_pacman_pinball_(resized).jpg

#4520 8 years ago

Dup.

#4521 8 years ago

I really hope they reveal this title today! The pro cabinet art is freaking amazing in full color!

#4522 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

I really hope they reveal this title today! The pro cabinet art is freaking amazing in full color!

I still say since Spiderman VE hasn't shipped yet (at least I don't think it has) they aren't going to announce a new title.

#4523 8 years ago

A little part of me hopes this whole thing is a ruse.... and Stern leaked some concept stuff they have no plans to produce.

#4524 8 years ago
#4525 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

A little part of me hopes this whole thing is a ruse.... and Stern leaked some concept stuff they have no plans to produce.

Stern, trolling Pinside? I would be sad to not see GB happen but I would have to respect the hijinks of that kind of move. I think the love of money wins over the desire for pranks on this particular one though.

#4526 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And this is exactly why these leaks were NOT from Stern as some sort of marketing. They have way more to lose not selling machines than disrupting Hobbit or RZ. They've got games for sale TODAY and would like to sell those to you very much.

I agree 100%. This could not have been the marketing plan. Even if SM VE is a low volume pin, it seems they are competing with themselves. Had to be a leak.

#4527 8 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I still say since Spiderman VE hasn't shipped yet (at least I don't think it has) they aren't going to announce a new title.

Spiderman VE will be about 250 pins at most. A pimple on the ass of games like GOT or TWD. Won't stop Stern from announcing Ghostbusters soon.

#4528 8 years ago

They said SMVE started production on Feb 22. There is usually a week+ of teaser videos before real production starts on a game, so there is probably room for them to reveal GB, production-wise. Unless the lines are just backed up on those other games..
(which is possible and consistent w/ rumor)

#4529 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Spiderman VE will be about 250 pins at most. A pimple on the ass of games like GOT or TWD. Won't stop Stern from announcing Ghostbusters soon.

Nice! Kind of makes the VE almost like a limited edition.

#4530 8 years ago

Someone I know who has a SMVE ordered said his distro told him that production wouldn't start until April. Hopefully, that's not the case, but if it is, then that gives you an idea of how backup up Stern is.

#4531 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If you have someone that is going to buy either 1) a TWD premium OR 2) a GBLE, they aren't getting two sales anyhow. Consumers really aren't that stupid generally speaking.

Everyone doesn't buy every Stern release like you Frolic.

I agree that Stern didn't intend to release a leak globally, but a more limited targeted "update" to certain folks that went viral because someone breached someone's confidence.

Aerosmith with Borg/Lyman has been "leaked" for quite some time now, I don't need to see anything to know I'm not getting that one.

Star Wars on the other hand, with an LCD, yep, its go time.

#4532 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Nice! Kind of makes the VE almost like a limited edition.

Yep, a "limited edition" because a very limited amount of people actually want it.

Now let's see a nice release today on GB. SMVE has had plenty of time to "breathe".

#4533 8 years ago

It looks like Stern is doing a live broadcast of SMVE on the line right now, so that answers the when is production starting question.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/vb.136972659243/10153934019999244/?type=2&theater&notif_t=live_video

#4534 8 years ago

If Stern doesn't announce Ghostbusters today, I won't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog & they helped me. Thank you.

#4535 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It looks like Stern is doing a live broadcast of SMVE on the line right now, so that answers the when is production starting question.
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/vb.136972659243/10153934019999244/?type=2&theater&notif_t=live_video

Also, at the beginning of the video, the playfields are shown and each has a sticker on the edge showing xxx of 410. So it looks like there are 410 VEs in this run.

#4536 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

From the live stream the sticker on the edge of the SMVE playfield said xxx of 410... so there are at least that many.

#4537 8 years ago

Also, at the beginning of the video, the playfields are shown and each has a sticker on the edge showing xxx of 410. So it looks like there are 410 VEs in this run.

Those numbers on the edge of the playfields haven't always reflected the actual quantities accurately. I forget the specifics, but I think this came up previously with something like Tron LE, where it had a run of 400 and showed numbers much higher (or lower) on that sticker.

#4538 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

If Stern doesn't announce Ghostbusters today, I won't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog & they helped me. Thank you.

Hey, man, let me tell you something. I love you.

#4539 8 years ago

Well if they are out in the factory experimenting w/ live-streaming to the FaceSpace, it would seem no GB reveal is coming today.. bummer.

Tell him about the Twinkie.

#4540 8 years ago

I really doubt the GB announcement is coming any time soon after seeing their live stream of SMVE. They probably will be making enough to have some inventory while that game is on the line, so they want to sell as many as possible. Im sure any imminent GB announcement would create some cancellations of SMVE and other games they are making- so when they are wrapping production and have shipped most of their inventory is probably when they will spark up the promotion engines again for GB. Just too many potential conflicts right now I think.

#4541 8 years ago

That's a big Twinkie.

#4542 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I really doubt the GB announcement is coming any time soon after seeing their live stream of SMVE. They probably will be making enough to have some inventory while that game is on the line, so they want to sell as many as possible. Im sure any imminent GB announcement would create some cancellations of SMVE and other games they are making- so when they are wrapping production and have shipped most of their inventory is probably when they will spark up the promotion engines again for GB. Just too many potential conflicts right now I think.

Maybe. Here's my opinion based on nothing but conjecture. I think that kpg is right about what Stern planned. I think that the leaks we have all seen are real leaks and not part of the Stern marketing plan for this pin. Those leaks will cause Stern to accelerate their reveal timeline and right now they are busy getting the flyers and website stuff together quickly so they can make the most of this buzz. I think they are logging some overtime hours now to move the reveal up to some time by the end of the month or so. Just a theory based on no facts!

#4543 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you have someone that is going to buy either 1) a TWD premium OR 2) a GBLE, they aren't getting two sales anyhow.

You don't think if you asked Gary Stern what would he rather sell someone, TWD today or GB tomorrow he would say TWD today? I know I would. That's all i'm getting at.

Quoted from iceman44:

Everyone doesn't buy every Stern release like you Frolic.

I'll be continuing my "has landed" threads with a GB LE .

#4544 8 years ago

If February passes with no announcement I think this thread will die

#4545 8 years ago

I agree 100%. This could not have been the marketing plan. Even if SM VE is a low volume pin, it seems they are competing with themselves. Had to be a leak.

I think SMVE is a low volume pin because of it's price point. If it would have been offered for a Pro price instead of a Premium price they would have sold more and I doubt it would hurt GB sales. The longer production time of manufacturing more SMVE games would make up for that.

#4546 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You don't think if you asked Gary Stern what would he rather sell someone, TWD today or GB tomorrow he would say TWD today? I know I would.

Cash flowing into the till sooner - a good thing for any business.

#4547 8 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

LOL!

Hogwash.

#4548 8 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

From the live stream the sticker on the edge of the SMVE playfield said xxx of 410... so there are at least that many.

Quoted from wontwa:

Those numbers on the edge of the playfields haven't always reflected the actual quantities accurately. I forget the specifics, but I think this came up previously with something like Tron LE, where it had a run of 400 and showed numbers much higher (or lower) on that sticker.

Not necessarily.

In either event, 410 doesn't change my argument much.

#4549 8 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I'm ready to drain it already. This is the biggest fluff thread on pinside. The only reason I haven't yet is I'm anxious to see the release details for this, and I'll probably find out about it here before anywhere else.

#4550 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You don't think if you asked Gary Stern what would he rather sell someone, TWD today or GB tomorrow he would say TWD today? I know I would. That's all i'm getting at.

I'll be continuing my "has landed" threads with a GB LE .

Looking forward to it. I will be joining in on your "has landed" thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.