IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 360.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I will never sell my LOTR, but I would put it in storage for a bit and swap in a new pin. Thank you for the nice comment. She is lovely. Just need to brass her then done!

Are you going to brass the apron too like SKB did? Oh wait a second, you have an LE, don't they come brassed already?

#402 8 years ago

One things for sure and that is with the digital Ghostbusters pins, video games, redemption and even slots machines using original character audio (some custom from original actors) Stern doesn't have an excuse other then being too cheap to do the same.

Make it happen Stern

#403 8 years ago

I will be really fed up if Lyman is doing the code..........

I have no space

#404 8 years ago

Would be cool if they can create a 3d hologram ghost with a projector. That would be really cool if they can pull something off like that.

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Would be cool if they can create a 3d hologram ghost with a projector. That would be really cool if they can pull something off like that.

That would be cool.

Its hard to expect that from a company who made Avengers airplanes out of flat sheet plastic though.

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That would be cool.
Its hard to expect that from a company who made Avengers airplanes out of flat sheet plastic though.

Good point.

#407 8 years ago

I am sure some of us modders can create some cool mods for this, though is a shame that Stern are doing this.

#408 8 years ago

Since this is a theme that I really want it has me wondering what the layout will be as Trudeau does for some unique shots and not a straight fan layout.

A sub playfield would be cool for the ghosts stuck in the ghost trap.

Can imagine 5 standup targets placed around spelling "ghost"

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Since this is a theme that I really want it has me wondering what the layout will be as Trudeau does for some unique shots and not a straight fan layout.
A sub playfield would be cool for the ghosts stuck in the ghost trap.
Can imagine 5 standup targets placed around spelling "ghost"

The ghost trap for sure. Some of the iconic things I would hope to see would also be the fire house, the proton pack, the containment unit, slimer, stay puft, a PKE meter, and Ecto-1.

I'm hoping the LE is an Ecto-1 LE and they do something cool with the cab, like sirens and lightbar on top as a feature.

I agree about the modding potential. I'm really stoked to see what this game looks like, I have really high hopes.

#410 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm hoping the LE is an Ecto-1 LE and they do something cool with the cab, like sirens and lightbar on top as a feature.

I'm sure a topper like that will exist. For $500 aftermarket. (I'd add a laughing smiley but I'm serious.)

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure a topper like that will exist. For $500 aftermarket. (I'd add a laughing smiley but I'm serious.)

Yeah, I'm kinda worried about that from Stern.

For $500, I'll roll my own.

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I agree about the modding potential

I bet back alley and mezel mods are already licking their lips on this one, I would be
d0f745a6cc086a7a3ca23f6c4ab7033b.480x352x1[1].jpgd0f745a6cc086a7a3ca23f6c4ab7033b.480x352x1[1].jpg

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We all know what is going to be.
An ENORMOUS LED Ghosbusters logo.

I can say I really did like the Stern TWD LE gov fish tank topper though, it was just the right size, had a proper mounting plate, and the colors were very well done (after updating the code).
Worth the $$$ IMHO, if you are going "all out".
Stern would do well to consider doing such a task again.

#414 8 years ago

I hope GB Will come out one day. I also hope it will be the classic GB not the chicks. But with stern who knows?

#415 8 years ago

Just built the Lego Ecto-1, and a new GB pin would make a great place to display it on

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I hope GB Will come out one day. I also hope it will be the classic GB not the chicks. But with stern who knows?

It's already been confirmed 50,000 times. IT'S THE CLASSIC 1984 MOVIE. Please, no one bring it up again FFS.

#417 8 years ago

Ghostbusters proof?

I just watched the John's Arcade Stern tour video from start to finish (awesome, by the way...), and noticed a wiring harness board labeled "Harold Pro." Behind it in the picture below (taken from the video), you can see the wiring board for the "Bill Pro", which is for Star Trek. They use code names for their games: Politico for GOT, and I'm assuming "Bill" to pay homage to Shatner for Star Trek. So is "Harold" paying homage to Harold Ramis in Ghostbusters?

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ghostbusters proof?
I just watched the John's Arcade Stern tour video from start to finish (awesome, by the way...), and noticed a wiring harness board labeled "Harold Pro." Behind it in the picture below (taken from the video), you can see the wiring board for the "Bill Pro", which is for Star Trek. They use code names for their games: Politico for GOT, and I'm assuming "Bill" to pay homage to Shatner for Star Trek. So is "Harold" paying homage to Harold Ramis in Ghostbusters?
Untitled.jpg

Nup, I'm going with Harry Potter.

#419 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One things for sure and that is with the digital Ghostbusters pins, video games, redemption and even slots machines using original character audio (some custom from original actors) Stern doesn't have an excuse other then being too cheap to do the same.
Make it happen Stern

The last couple Ghostbuster slots by IGT appeared to have custom callouts by Aykroyd with video excerpts of Murray from the first movie (on one of the versions). The Ghostbusters PS3 game (2009) had custom callouts from the whole cast according to IMDB. I'd say custom speech by Aykroyd should be a given, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anyone else.

Chris

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I bet back alley and mezel mods are already licking their lips on this one, I would be
d0f745a6cc086a7a3ca23f6c4ab7033b.480x352x1[1].jpg

Already planning on having Proton Packs for sale at Expo next year and I might wearing full GB suit
Huge GB Fan. Can't wait for this to come out.

For sure I will have custom powder coating for this game. Slimmer green and other colors and designs but need to see cab artwork first to know what colors.

So many ideas but have to watch copyrighted stuff so gonna be interesting to see what we can do but I will for sure be buying this game.

#421 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ghostbusters proof?
Untitled.jpg

Cool they're making a Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle's pin. Sweet. I love NPH!

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ghostbusters proof?
Untitled.jpg

So that is what Politico meant. When I took the factory tour in Oct, I had no idea why I saw that word everywhere.

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's already been confirmed 50,000 times. IT'S THE CLASSIC 1984 MOVIE. Please, no one bring it up again FFS.

Sorry, didn't read through the whole thread. That's good news though

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from SideTrackTap:

The last couple Ghostbuster slots by IGT appeared to have custom callouts by Aykroyd with video excerpts of Murray from the first movie (on one of the versions). The Ghostbusters PS3 game (2009) had custom callouts from the whole cast according to IMDB. I'd say custom speech by Aykroyd should be a given, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anyone else.
Chris

Having Aykroyd do custom call outs would be amazing. I'll be a day one LE buyer if this is based on the original film (sounds like it), leverages original source audio and has a nice layout that offers value for today's crazy NIB prices.

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Having Aykroyd do custom call outs would be amazing. I'll be a day one LE buyer if this is based on the original film (sounds like it), leverages original source audio and has a nice layout that offers value for today's crazy NIB prices.

His voice makes the most sense for it...it's the most unique & fun of the surviving cast...plus, he just seems like he'd be totally into it. He'll throw a coupon for Crystal Head Vodka in every coinbox!

#426 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ghostbusters proof?
Untitled.jpg

Nice sleuthing! Looking forward to seeing this game.

#427 8 years ago

Gomez mentions in the video that the new display and other changes to the cabinet would be coming soon.

Maybe Ghostbusters soon.....

#428 8 years ago

Every time I read the subject of this thread it makes me laugh.

"Official speculation". I love that.

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Every time I read the subject of this thread it makes me laugh.
"Official speculation". I love that.

It's the official THREAD for Stern Ghostbusters speculation.

#430 8 years ago

and hopefully won't let us down by not making it.

#431 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

and hopefully won't let us down by not making it.

And when did that ever happen? Oh wait, Jaws.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from SideTrackTap:

Chris

The 2009 game had more than just callouts. The entire game was a new script acted out by the original four ghostbusters plus Annie Potts and William Atherton. It was basically Ghostbusters 3 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's still available on Steam.

I would be OK without custom callouts as long as they use audio clips from the movies. They could spend the money elsewhere to make the pin really something.

#433 8 years ago

Hey! All both pinball machines containing Ernie Hudson have been done by John Trudeau! This clearly proves the moon landing was a hoax.

Stern's gonna have a heck of a year in 2016!

#434 8 years ago

On a drain - "Sorry, this isn't your luck day." - Venkman
Skill shot - "Incredible." - Venkman

The cabinet sides should light up like Star Trek LE to represent the proton pack. There should be a magnet to catch the ball. When capturing a ghost, the magnet catches the ball, cabinet sides light up, and the light show should correspond to the trap opening and closing.

2 movies worth of callout material. Whoever is in charge of sound on this one could have a lot of fun with it.

#435 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey! All both pinball machines containing Ernie Hudson have been done by John Trudeau! This clearly proves the moon landing was a hoax.

Thanks for the goose chase you put me on. Ernie Hudson was in a surprising amount of T.V. shows/movies that were turned into pins including Black Sheep Squadron, Incredible Hulk, and Tales from the Crypt.

#436 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ernie Hudson was in The Watcher (2000) with Rich Komenich
Rich Komenich was in Novocaine (2001) with Kevin Bacon

Full circle.

#437 8 years ago

Ernie Hudson in 'Like a Brother,' one of the best episodes of The Incredible Hulk:

Brad

#438 8 years ago

Also a good time to ask, has any actor besides Harrison Ford made it onto 4 pinball machines yet?

Arnold would have with Predator, Ian McKellan is at 3, as is Gary Oldman...

#439 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also a good time to ask, has any actor besides Harrison Ford made it onto 4 pinball machines yet?

After LOTR and Hobbit, what's Ian's third?

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

After LOTR and Hobbit, what's Ian's third?

X-Men?

#441 8 years ago

Nope, he's on The Shadow

#442 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I thought Kenny Baker was also on 4, the 3 Star Wars machines plus Flash Gordon.

Brad

#443 8 years ago

Will it be 10k by x-mas ... Or maybe even more?

#444 8 years ago

Jeff Bridges has been on several. Iron Man, Tron, The Big Lebowski... Any others?

#445 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#446 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Jeff Bridges has been on several. Iron Man, Tron, The Big Lebowski... Any others?

Well, he did star in the 1976 version of King Kong, but I don't think he's on the back glass of the machine. I'm not even sure if the machine is even based on the 1976 film or the 1933 film. It kind of looks like it's just a comic art version of King Kong.

#447 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Well, he did star in the 1976 version of King Kong, but I don't think he's on the back glass of the machine. I'm not even sure if the machine is even based on the 1976 film or the 1933 film. It kind of looks like it's just a comic art version of King Kong.

There was a Brazilian pinball machine that used art from the '76 King Kong for the backglass and playfield.

image-1.jpgimage-1.jpg

#448 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

What about sly? He's been on Rocky, Demo man and I think at least one other? Same as Arnold, T2, T3, and Last action hero.

#449 8 years ago

This render falls in line exactly with some rumors I had heard about the upper right part of the playfield. This could be incredibly cool with the skyline of buildings and Mr. Stay Puft looming behind them. I also heard that there may be an Insanity Falls-style ramp on the right hand side of the playfield that has a steep drop which sends the ball below the playfield and back up to the right flipper.

Sounds awesome!!

#450 8 years ago

Hopefully Stay-Puft will interact with the ball and not just be another Smaug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.