IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 360.
#4051 8 years ago

I don't know where everyone is getting this DMD story from. The cabinet picture clearly shows a larger screen than a DMD.

#4052 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

any speculation on if GB will be offered in 3 versions?

Leaked pics only showed two, but I can't imagine Stern will abandon the profitability of a Pro/Premium/LE setup.

#4053 8 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I don't know where everyone is getting this DMD story from. The cabinet picture clearly shows a larger screen than a DMD.

Not THAT much bigger. Looks like a SEGA Batman pin display, and that could be just an illusion of the way they trimmed it in black and had a huge "STERN" on it that's much bigger than the usual Stern Pinball logo.

#4054 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not THAT much bigger. Looks like a SEGA Batman pin display, and that could be just an illusion of the way they trimmed it in black and had a huge "STERN" on it that's much bigger than the usual Stern Pinball logo.

I personally thought the size was the same , at the end of the day that was just concept art to show what it may look like which we are basing this information on. For all we know the game may come with a larger dmd or lcd screen we will just have to wait and see!

#4055 8 years ago

I still think the 30 year countdown will finish up around the Texas show and the significance will be the latest machine will have the latest new technology of the lcd dmd - baywatch size.

#4056 8 years ago

Just saw a post from Pacak that he might have a GB at the Ohio show... March 31 - April 2nd. That would be fantastic! TBL, Full Throttle, maybe Alien too!

#4057 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I still think the 30 year countdown will finish up around the Texas show and the significance will be the latest machine will have the latest new technology of the lcd dmd - baywatch size.

Hope you're right, Jady. I keep thinking Spiderman VE + production delays are pushing back the Ghostbusters release date, but there's that child-like hope saying it's the new display. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing the playfield on this game.

#4058 8 years ago
#4059 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Just about all cars have touch screens or LCD screens now no reason why pinball should not have one as well.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Cargument!!! Maybe cars should have flippers.

ohhhhh, but they DO!

flippershifters_(resized).jpgflippershifters_(resized).jpg

#4060 8 years ago

I imagine a giant flipper that comes out and pushes the camped out car in front of you to the non passing lane...lol

#4061 8 years ago

I just saw something in another thread that said the spike games have not come out with shaker motors in them. I wonder if this will be true for ghostbusters?

#4062 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I just saw something in another thread that said the spike games have not come out with shaker motors in them. I wonder if this will be true for ghostbusters?

They're t-nutted for them on the right inside of the cabinet, it's about a 10 minute job to add one, but it's different from the shaker motor kit for the SAM machines (the SAM ones require an extra board and different wiring which isn't necessary on the Spike machines).

#4063 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

ohhhhh, but they DO!
flippershifters_(resized).jpg

Carbon fiber paddle shifters...lol...

#4064 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Carbon fiber paddle shifters...lol...

Gotta be a Mazda... Oooh Bedazzled cross clipped to passenger AC vent! Tasteful!

#4065 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Gotta be a Mazda... Oooh Bedazzled cross clipped to passenger AC vent! Tasteful!

Lexus IS300 by my estimation

The only crime is that it's an automatic to begin with

#4066 8 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

The real innovation needs to happen on the playfield and the ruleset

Yes sir, I don't care about the display at all, some of my current favorite games are alpha numeric, I will say I like the Heighway style the best right now.

#4067 8 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Probably from Stern themselves. After Spiderman Vault Jody said (paraphrasing) 'the next game will have a TFT screen'. Stern quickly retracted and said 'later this year... But not the next one'

#4068 8 years ago

Did anyone see who the main villain is in the reboot?

I really hope Sony doesn't have any unusual demands like putting the new villain into the pinball machine.

I don't know about others, but I don't trust Sony when it comes to keeping things pure.

#4069 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yes sir, I don't care about the display at all, some of my current favorite games are alpha numeric, I will say I like the Heighway style the best right now.

Lol. You dont care for displays at all, but you like heighway style the best, and they have 2 displays.

#4070 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did anyone see who the main villain is in the reboot?
I really hope Sony doesn't have any unusual demands like putting the new villain into the pinball machine.
I don't know about others, but I don't trust Sony when it comes to keeping things pure.

Ghostbusters.
Pinball.

Is.

Based.

On.

The.

Original.
Movie.

#4071 8 years ago

Actually the first two ghostbusters movies not only the first

#4072 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Of course as the two stand up targets (like the ones on CC) which can be seen on the leaked whitewood are suppose to represent the Scoleri Brothers (from theories and my opinion) from the court room scene in GB 2 :

#4073 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

And the reboot

#4074 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Lol. You dont care for displays at all, but you like heighway style the best, and they have 2 displays.

What? Yeah I don't care but if I had to choose from the current line up my preference is Heighway, I like the PF display as its at least somthing different and somewhat more interactive with gameplay, make sense now?

#4075 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ghostbusters.
Pinball.
Is.
Based.
On.
The.
Original.
Movie.

Yeah but only on the premium and LE, right?

#4076 8 years ago

Seems like it would be announced once Stern recaps all their games to the present. Makes the most sense?

How many titles left to recap * frequency = GB reveal date.

#4077 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Yeah but only on the premium and LE, right?

No, those are based on the video game.

#4078 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Seems like it would be announced once Stern recaps all their games to the present. Makes the most sense?

May 20th? (weekdays only and coming title editions, unless i miss-counted). Makes sense, though.
(Hope it is sooner. Probably be in March unless they are just that far behind on production.)

#4079 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

May 20th? (weekdays only and coming title editions, unless i miss-counted).

Damn, that's too long!

Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Of course as the two stand up targets (like the ones on CC) which can be seen on the leaked whitewood are suppose to represent the Scoleri Brothers (from theories and my opinion) from the court room scene in GB 2 : » YouTube video

Not a theory, there are some pictures floating around of the middle of the playfield (not whitewood)
Left is Tony, Right is Nunzio

#4080 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

See, I think it makes more sense that GB will still be announced this month (with a regular DMD). And then they'll make a big deal about the end of the 30 year recap by announcing the "next big innovation in pinball" with their first LCD.

GB will be their first completely new title for 2016 (Spider-Man VE is technically a re-release). I just don't see how on earth they would wait until May to announce it.

#4081 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

And the reboot

Nope.

#4082 8 years ago

John Trudeau is speaking at the TPF at 2:00 on Saturday, March 19th.

He isn't there to talk about WWE.

#4083 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

John Trudeau is speaking at the TPF at 2:00 on Saturday, March 19th.
He isn't there to talk about WWE.

He has a lot more to talk about with the WWE Update

#4084 8 years ago

Hopefully all the extra time means it will be released with solid code..

#4085 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

GB is *THE* game that should come with a color screen from the factory, period. A slimer animation in red dots? Come on... it would look like a blood clot with teeth.

Quoted from lowepg:

Just like GoT was *THE* perfect game for color...
and just like the next game (star wars?) would be *the* game for an upgraded display.
Frankly, EVERY game released post-WoZ should have been color, IMO.

Just like acdc and met (I'm ok without including kiss) should have had kick-ass sound systems, at least should have been offered in stereo, but no ..............

#4087 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

See, I think it makes more sense that GB will still be announced this month (with a regular DMD). And then they'll make a big deal about the end of the 30 year recap by announcing the "next big innovation in pinball" with their first LCD.
GB will be their first completely new title for 2016 (Spider-Man VE is technically a re-release). I just don't see how on earth they would wait until May to announce it.

If they're backlogged on production, why announce something they can't make right now anyway?

#4088 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If they're backlogged on production, why announce something they can't make right now anyway?

But don't they always announce their new pins before production actually begins anyway? (I could be wrong about this, but I always had the impression that's why there was a lull between their announcements and shipment)

So even if there is a delay in production, I would imagine they have a handle on knowing the exact date of when they'll be able to actually begin production on GB regardless. With all that in mind, I don't see the big deal in the announcement staying in the original timeframe (granted that the production delay isn't more than a month behind).

#4089 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That doesn't matter, they just shall announce it and take my money.

#4090 8 years ago

Who cares when they announce it?

#4091 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Who cares when the announce it?
Whenever it happens, it happens.

My life doesn't hang in the balance on when they announce, however...
1) I'm just personally excited to see it
2) I'm just personally excited to see this thread end, aren't we all?

#4092 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

My life doesn't hang in the balance on when they announce, however...
1) I'm just personally excited to see it
2) I'm just personally excited to see this thread end, aren't we all?

HA! I think I'm actually more excited about 2)

... I just can't bring myself to drain the thread, I want to see it die a peaceful, natural death..

#4093 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Just like acdc and met (I'm ok without including kiss) should have had kick-ass sound systems, at have been in stereo, but no ..............

Well, yes, you're right.

My point was once JJP showed hat COULD be done (stereo, fell color, etc), Stern really COULD (should?) have stepped up their game.

Unlikely Stern will change unless WE make it financially risk NOT to. In other words, pinheads stop blindly selling out LE models before they are even shown (much less shipping).

#4094 8 years ago

started working on my topper...

small_(resized).jpgsmall_(resized).jpg

#4095 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

started working on my topper...

small_(resized).jpg

That topper looks too small for a pinball machine

#4096 8 years ago

Needs more cowbell!

#4097 8 years ago

Running out of February. What are the chances that this gets announced that the Texas show?

#4098 8 years ago

2 new pf artwork pics leaked

#4100 8 years ago
Quoted from j69:

2 new pf artwork pics leaked

They don't show much, but they still managed to make me more excited for this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.