IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 360.
#351 8 years ago

If this game doesn't have a marshmallow bash toy like Balrog than I'm never going to laugh and love again. What's great about Balrog is he only swings out during his part. That's so much cooler than the bash toy just always sitting there.

#353 8 years ago

I'll be all over this machine if it happens. I'd have to completely change the layout of my gameroom to fit another machine in here but I'll do it! I'm a HUGE Ghostbusters fan. My gameroom has Ghostbusters stuff everywhere. Ghostbusters arcade machine, dozens of figures, proton pack replica, other prop replicas, you name it. I'll have to take some pics for you guys.

#354 8 years ago

I saw in another thread there was an art leak?

Or did I misinterpret something?

I see no art for the game anywhere.... but I'm interested!

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I saw in another thread there was an art leak?
Or did I misinterpret something?
I see no art for the game anywhere.... but I'm interested!

where is the other thread???

my speculation is pinsider star_gazer did some awesome concepts sketches and once said it was a dream theme but he has gone very quiet, am wondering if he is now involved with Stern in some way.

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

my speculation is pinsider star_gazer did some awesome concepts sketches and once said it was a dream theme but he has gone very quiet, am wondering if he is now involved with Stern in some way.

Not him. Based on who's done it, I'm pretty sure it will blow everybody away.

#357 8 years ago

I saw that post about the art being posted too but I couldn't figure out where anyone else was talking about it. For reference, it's post 294 in this thread. It reads:

Quoted from Nullpunkt:

Does anyone have an link to the Ghostbusters art that was supposedly floating around a few days ago? I never saw it.

#358 8 years ago

Aurich said it the "About stern and their commitment to code releases thread". Then when people asked him about it he just ignored them like he never said anything at all about it.

Quoted from Aurich:

Ben isn't coding Rob Zombie. He's involved in the game, but not at that level.
Given the leaked Ghostbusters art I'd be surprised to see it have an LCD, it's not designed for the LCD aspect ratio. I have no other knowledge about it though. Any game that ships with red dots in 2016 is automatically going in my "lame and dated" bin though, so here's hoping.

#359 8 years ago

The art leaked. If you were at Expo you might have seen it, it was never on Pinside to my knowledge. Just like if you were in the right place at the right time you might have seen Alien art that hasn't been made public. Pays to hit the big shows!

Other than that I couldn't speak to it.

#360 8 years ago

Hmm.. so ghostbusters is pretty much happening at some point (I would imagine if they want to hit the market, it should come out when the new movie comes out even if it's based on the original). I agree, if they continue to do red dots (or perhaps even white dots) in the age of many companies going to color LCD (dutch, heighway, jersey jack, possibly Spooky), they are going to become the gottlieb of pinball. I'm sure in Stern's mind, in their opinion is "well, if you want color, go buy a color dmd for another $400".

I really don't even care if Stern even sticks to 128 x 32 resolution, just go directly to color for crying out loud!

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The art leaked. If you were at Expo you might have seen it, it was never on Pinside to my knowledge. Just like if you were in the right place at the right time you might have seen Alien art that hasn't been made public. Pays to hit the big shows!

Thank you for the response. Now I can finally stop endlessly surfing pinside looking for this leaked art, phew.

#362 8 years ago

Who'll be designing and coding the pin?

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wow! Very cool! Can you say the circumstances in which you saw it or any other details?

I can't remember if the new arcade game was talked about in this thread or not but just in case it wasn't, here's a link to that with a video of it in action: http://arcadeheroes.com/2015/11/02/ghostbusters-videmption-arcade-in-action/

The Gameroom Junkies Facebook page has a picture of it also from a couple of weeks ago at IAAPA in Orlando.

Looks like Ghostbusters is making a grand return in 2016!

#364 8 years ago

here is a cabinet pic of the arcade version, will help give us some ideas of the colours used and it is generic movie art noty previous or new actors

ghostbustersarcadefinal.pngghostbustersarcadefinal.png

#365 8 years ago

Ghostbusters is definitely growing as a new board game is also now available, and this has cartoon character art which would be cool and more timeless.

-1.jpg-1.jpg

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who'll be designing and coding the pin?

Trudeau game. Guessing Waison/Lonnie/Tanio, but I don't know.

It's a cool theme, and will have good art. I'm sure it will be well received. Personally any game that doesn't have Lyman on code from Stern is one that I will take a nice long wait and see attitude with. Been burned before, don't intend to be again. Don't care what the theme is. Art is important. Playfield and music and sounds are big. But code makes a game a keeper or not.

That's just me though. Kiss is selling well with unfinished code, so I guess plenty of people just don't care.

#367 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's just me though. Kiss is selling well with unfinished code, so I guess plenty of people just don't care.

I absolutely care about code, but I was willing to take a risk due to the art and layout.

I have purchased 3 NIB and thankfully they worked out: Tron, ACDC, and Kiss. Time will tell if it's a hat trick but it's a fun game a definitely playable even with bare code. It can be so much more, so fingers crossed.

But I'll likely buy Ghostbusters as soon as it's dropped because, well, Ghostbusters.

#368 8 years ago

Wow - an "Official" Speculation Thread - All Official and everything - How did I miss this???

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

But I'll likely buy Ghostbusters as soon as it's dropped because, well, Ghostbusters.

Hey, your money.

If I want to buy a cool game just because it has an awesome theme and art I'll pick up another 1980 era Bally, spend way less, and know that the basic code is intentional and fun.

I'd like to buy another Stern game, still waiting for one I like to come out. Last one I bought was Star Trek, and that ended up being a mistake (I know some people love it, code never worked out for me), so for me at least they haven't done a compelling game since Metallica.

This whole buy it and see how it turns out thing? Pass. No matter what theme. If GOT is the start of shipping games way more finished then great, that will be a big help. But talk is cheap, gotta see actions.

#370 8 years ago

Zombie Yet has quite a bit of Bill Murray on his site. Rumor was Stern hired him.

JT and Lyman are up.

My guess is Slimer, Echto One and ST Puff are toys.

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Zombie Yet I has quite a bit of Bill Murray on his site. Rumor was Stern hired him

If that ends up true (as they should since he seems reasonable), this would be a knock out of the park.

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Zombie Yet I has quite a bit of Bill Murray on his site. Rumor was Stern hired him.
JT and Lyman are up.
My guess is Slimer, Echto One and ST Puff are toys.

This is what Murray has said in the past, dont think stern could afford him:

"What do they give you to do one of these things?" And they said, "Oh, they give you $50,000." So I said, "Okay, well, I don't even leave the f*ckin' driveway for that kind of money."

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Wow - an "Official" Speculation Thread - All Official and everything - How did I miss this???

I don't know but I friggin love your avatar pic

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

This is what Murray has said in the past, dont think stern could afford him:
"What do they give you to do one of these things?" And they said, "Oh, they give you $50,000." So I said, "Okay, well, I don't even leave the f*ckin' driveway for that kind of money."

To do callouts or what?

#375 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

To do callouts or what?

The quote was about doing the voice acting for the garfield movie.

#376 8 years ago

but then for a while it was speculated that Stern couldn't afford Kiss but they did.

if Stern does Ghostbusters I think it will be a hit and really keen, will be my first NIB - just hope they don't do a leave out the upper playfield on the Pro (GOT) scenario.

#377 8 years ago

I'll put some money on it happening
Will be hard to turn down the le if what I have seen and rumors I have heard come true

#378 8 years ago

This Will be Awesome !

#379 8 years ago

Large upper Playfield, LCD, and Lasers.......

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, your money.
If I want to buy a cool game just because it has an awesome theme and art I'll pick up another 1980 era Bally, spend way less, and know that the basic code is intentional and fun.
I'd like to buy another Stern game, still waiting for one I like to come out. Last one I bought was Star Trek, and that ended up being a mistake (I know some people love it, code never worked out for me), so for me at least they haven't done a compelling game since Metallica.
This whole buy it and see how it turns out thing? Pass. No matter what theme. If GOT is the start of shipping games way more finished then great, that will be a big help. But talk is cheap, gotta see actions.

Im with you....bought STLE on release and sold it before decent code. Was almost going to buy TWDLE on release, bailed, and waited until recently to get a Premium. Has only reinforced my decision to wait for NIB premiums, or used LE's. Once ive played it some more and once code is good. Later run Premiums also benefit from months of field testing.

Will be the same for Ghostbusters. Definitely sit it out and see - especially with Trudeau/Unknown design/code. Theme and art alone is not enough on this for me. There's only a handful of themes that i would buy on release LE NIB.

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I'll put some money on it happening
Will be hard to turn down the le if what I have seen and rumors I have heard come true

Great! More rumors.

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

To do callouts or what?

The Hill Billy guy from walking dead is available for this title.

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

The Hill Billy guy from Walking Dead is available for this title.

Not sure the professional voice actor that did the work in the Walking Dead pin appreciates being referred to as a "Hill Billy."

ff21d68dbb51819545a9deb644085946.jpgff21d68dbb51819545a9deb644085946.jpg

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The quote was about doing the voice acting for the garfield movie.

As much as I like Bill Murray I think Dan Aykroyd would be better for custom callouts for a GB pinball machine. Dan is the heart and soul of the Ghosbusters after all. Unlike Bill Murray Dan Aykroyd loves everything Ghostbusters related and I'm sure would be up for custom callouts at a reasonable price.

If State Farm can pay Dan Aykroyd enough money to dress up as a damn cone head again that certainty Stern can pay him to do custom callouts in a sound recording studio.

Please Stern, do not get a generic voice actor like you did for the TWD as well as exclude original character audio from the game. If that happens I'm out.

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As much as I like Bill Murray I think Dan Aykroyd would be better for custom callouts for a GB pinball machine. Dan is the heart and soul of the Ghosbusters after all. Unlike Bill Murray Dan Aykroyd loves everything Ghostbusters related and I'm sure would be up for custom callouts at a reasonable price.
If State Farm can pay Dan Aykroyd enough money to dress up as a damn cone head again that certainty Stern can pay him to do custom callouts in a sound recording studio.
Please Stern, do not get a generic voice actor like you did for the TWD as well as exclude original character audio from the game. If that happens I'm out.

You make a good point and I'll add to it.

He did this commercial for state farm, I feel like he would be up for stuff like this and pinball:

#386 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Even Arcade pinball could get the rights for that... » YouTube video

My kids love playing this on the ipad

image.jpgimage.jpg

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from Heatman:

My kids love playing this on the ipad

image.jpg

That's because they're playing Haunted House, and Haunted House is a damn good game.

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Zombie Yet has quite a bit of Bill Murray on his site. Rumor was Stern hired him.

Hmmmm

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im with you....bought STLE on release and sold it before decent code. Was almost going to buy TWDLE on release, bailed, and waited until recently to get a Premium. Has only reinforced my decision to wait for NIB premiums, or used LE's. Once ive played it some more and once code is good. Later run Premiums also benefit from months of field testing.
Will be the same for Ghostbusters. Definitely sit it out and see - especially with Trudeau/Unknown design/code. Theme and art alone is not enough on this for me. There's only a handful of themes that i would buy on release LE NIB.

I didn't sell Star Trek until the latest code. Which is starting to look pretty final frankly. Wasn't feeling it. And that's the gamble. Will the "base" code at shipping turn into something more magical. Lyman isn't the only programmer in the world who can do that. But sometimes it feels like it.

#390 8 years ago

If ghostbusters is dmd one can't help but cry. Stern needs to build a modern pin before I think about swapping out LOTR for it.

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't sell Star Trek until the latest code. Which is starting to look pretty final frankly. Wasn't feeling it. And that's the gamble. Will the "base" code at shipping turn into something more magical. Lyman isn't the only programmer in the world who can do that. But sometimes it feels like it.

I seriously thought he was. Who else does it and in such a timely manner too?

#392 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

If ghostbusters is dmd one can't help but cry. Stern needs to build a modern pin before I think about swapping out LOTR for it.

I wouldn't swap that puppy out. LOTR is one of the best IMO and yours is the nicest one I've seen besides SKB's old one, that one was...... WOW!!!

#393 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I wouldn't swap that puppy out. LOTR is one of the best IMO and yours is the nicest one I've seen besides SKB's old one, that one was...... WOW!!!

I will never sell my LOTR, but I would put it in storage for a bit and swap in a new pin. Thank you for the nice comment. She is lovely. Just need to brass her then done!

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, your money.
If I want to buy a cool game just because it has an awesome theme and art I'll pick up another 1980 era Bally, spend way less, and
This whole buy it and see how it turns out thing? Pass. No matter what theme.

How's the code on Aliens coming along, anyhow?
; P

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

How's the code on Aliens coming along, anyhow?
; P

I really like the programmer, Brian and I get along. He's a sharp guy. But I'm not the programmer, so honestly it's not my role to speak to.

I love that people are stepping up to support Alien and getting in early. Don't get me wrong. But you'll never see me encouraging it or asking people to do it. Not because I don't have faith or anything, but it's just simply not my style, and I'd feel like a hypocrite saying to people to do it for this one game because I'm involved.

Obviously I want the game to sell well, my payment is in royalties. By all means, buy it! But I'm totally good with the idea of earning support, and if you want to wait to see it first then by all means do so. I haven't even been asking about the LE sales, I have no clue what % are sold already. I don't need to know. My sense is they're doing well and will sell out once we can show things. If you really want one then you might want to pay attention at the very least. But that's up to you to decide.

#396 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sometimes an individual in a business can become too important - is too good. Especially on the creative side. Chefs for example become more important than the restaurant itself. Probably happens in software companies with programmers. But also sales people. If people start holding off on purchases waiting for Lyman/Borg, Lyman/Ritchie, then other titles suffer.

Fortunately, people who care about this are likely a minority of customers for Stern and theme is more important. But hopefully there are some strong alternatives coming through, such as Dwight Sullivan, who can share the load. Is there anyone on the design side coming through?

Oops, just remembered this is the Ghostbusters thread.

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Who around here stops at *one* pin!?!!?

Quoted from kaneda:

I will never sell my LOTR, but I would put it in storage for a bit and swap in a new pin.

Who wastes good pin money on STORAGE?!?!

#398 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who around here stops at *one* pin!?!!?

I don't. I lent out 5 pins just so I wouldn't pay storage. Hard time letting some of these go for some reason.

#399 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He was talking about his closet. He lives in a NYC apartment.

#400 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Trudeau lost me when in the pinball magazine interview he compared designing a pin as the same as designing a wrench. He also said its just a job. With that kind of work ethic, at 5:00 he's punched out and done. My job doesn't end ever until my work is to my satisfaction, Lyman upped the ante for coding. So did Ritchie and Borg for design. Trudeau is uninspiring.
But, we will see I guess. Just not getting my hopes up. At least he's not doing Jaws.

I interpretted that differently.

I thought he meant you design it so it functions, and more importantly you finish the job like any other job.

Trudeau seems like the anti-thesis of JPOP. I feel like he just lets his work speak for himself. I know he already has the nickname Dr. Flash, but I think he deserves the nickname Rumplestiltskin after spinning so much gold out of of such crappy themes from the Premier/Gottlieb days on.

I hope he gets a decent theme with a decent artist so he can have another CFTBL masterpiece. He deserves it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.