IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 360.
#3601 8 years ago

When I first heard that there may be an Ghostbusters pinball machine I was intrigued, but I do –not at all- like the Stern games because of their mostly poor Artwork (cliparts dragged in Photoshop over a variety of colortransitions) playfield.

The leaked images, first the translite and now the cab and the little snippet of the playfield give me hope. This might be my first Stern machine at all and a NIB right away.

As for the rest I didn’t care. I’ve no doubt the game will play well,… although that may take some time & updates. And since I don’t like the ‘style’ in wich the WoOZ uses the LCD Screen I was totally fine that the game will still use DMD. That was until I read all your complaints and checked the last Stern games (I played most of them some times but never really looked at the display)...

What I see there is the same lack of love like most of the times with the rest of the art. Yeah, just some scenes from the movies in shitty pixilated graphics won’t cut it I agree. But since the rest of the art seems to be completely custom art I have faith that there’ll be some hand pixelated animations as well, wich would be so much nicer referring to an old license.

#3602 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I don't think they'll sell a lot of these.
It's just been too long since the great Flix came out.
Maybe sell 2,000 units?

Yet people are buying KISS...

#3603 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Yet people are buying KISS...

Yeah... I think that's different.
Kiss has put out tons of new content over many many years and kept touring and touring and touring... And really staying much more top of mind and expanding their own brand universe.

I wonder how many units kiss has sold, Metallica & Star Trek have sold? Probably tons? Aren't they still making kiss & maybe Metallica?

#3604 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I don't think they'll sell a lot of these.
It's just been too long since the great Flix came out.
Maybe sell 2,000 units?

Can you pass what you're smoking?

#3605 8 years ago

Over the years I've read a lot of complaints about unfinished code on NIB stern games. I've never commented on the stern code update issues since I've never owned a stern game...yet
But here's what I personally think.
I love that they put out games that aren't 100% complete. You get to play your new game for a while and get used to it. And when the new code is released you get to re-experience the game again. New code updates give you something to look forward to. Almost like how you looked forward to unboxed it and plugged it in the first time.

Am I alone feeling this way about unfinished codes on NIB games?

#3606 8 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Over the years I've read a lot of complaints about unfinished code on NIB stern games. I've never commented on the stern code update issues since I've never owned a stern game...yet
I love that they put out games that aren't 100% complete. You get to play your new game for a while and get used to it. And when the new code is released you get to re-experience the game again. New code updates give you something to look forward to. Almost like how you looked forward to unboxed it and plugged it in the first time.

I think most people agree it's better to have a pin with some code than no pin at all. What's frustrating for many is the long wait times for code to come, and sometimes it never comes at all. GOT is definitely the way to go. It needs some polish, but all of the game's features are working and it's fun out of the gate.

#3607 8 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

You're not alone. I'm with you on this one...it's like getting a "new game" experience every few months.

However, we may be wired a bit more positively than some others.

Pete

#3608 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

GOT is definitely the way to go. It needs some polish, but all of the game's features are working

All the features are working on GOT LE and Premium? That's a joke

Have you read all of the issues people are having with their games not functioning properly?

I have listened to some of your podcast and you have a good voice for podcast but it seems like you just regurgitate comments made here on pinside.

#3609 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

What's frustrating for many is the long wait times for code to come,

Patience. There are literally a million other things I could do that will bring me joy while I wait for a code. Why focus on something that brings you down AND that you have absolutely zero control over.

If I ever do get to the point where I feel the wait is no longer worth it, I shrug and move on...perhaps sell the machine and pick up one that makes me happier.

Racing to the inter-webs to complain solves nothing, doesn't make me any happier, and doesn't make anyone reading my negativity happier. I have no desire to spread misery to the masses.

Pete

#3610 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

You're not alone. I'm with you on this one...it's like getting a "new game" experience every few months.
However, we may be wired a bit more positively than some others.
Pete

you're not 'wired more positively', you're just willing to 'settle'.

Waiting for code is totally reasonable. Not having any discipline or even roughly defined timelines for when code will be released (if ever) is where 'reasonable' falls apart.

#3612 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Have you read all of the issues people are having with their games not functioning properly?
I have listened to some of your podcast and you have a good voice for podcast but it seems like you just regurgitate comments made here on pinside.

definitely issues for sure, but what i meant is all what's in the game is recognized by the code right now, no? If I'm wrong, just tell me.

#3613 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I just played a Premium this weekend. Everything seemed to be working great. They usually have the bugs worked out by the time they build the Premium.

Always get the Premium.

#3614 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I just played a Premium this weekend. Everything seemed to be working great. They usually have the bugs worked out by the time they build the Premium.
Always get the Premium.

Did you know what the known issues were before you played it? If anyone out there has received a Premium with no issues like left orbit problem-please let me know. As far as I can tell the first run of Premiums all had the same issues. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

#3615 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Patience. There are literally a million other things I could do that will bring me joy while I wait for a code. Why focus on something that brings you down AND that you have absolutely zero control over.
If I ever do get to the point where I feel the wait is no longer worth it, I shrug and move on...perhaps sell the machine and pick up one that makes me happier.
Racing to the inter-webs to complain solves nothing, doesn't make me any happier, and doesn't make anyone reading my negativity happier. I have no desire to spread misery to the masses.
Pete

Oh would you quit being sooooo logical.

#3616 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Did you know what the known issues were before you played it? If anyone out there has received a Premium with no issues like left orbit problem-please let me know. As far as I can tell the first run of Premiums all had the same issues. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

The owner of the arcade may have tweaked it already. I didn't notice any issues.

#3617 8 years ago

Saw this guy driving in this morning.
What were the odds

Wonder if he knows about the pin?

Keep Austin Weird bro

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#3618 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The owner of the arcade may have tweaked it already. I didn't notice any issues.

Or you did not know what to look for.

#3619 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

What were the odds
Keep Austin Weird bro
image_(resized).jpg

Did you zoom in and notice the slimer on the gas cap door?

#3620 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Or you did not know what to look for.

Or I did I didn't see the left orbit issue.

#3621 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Did you zoom in and notice the slimer on the gas cap door?

Ha
That's hillarious. I totally didn't see it

#3622 8 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Probably in the minority? It's one thing if it's "unfinished" like Spider-Man was in '07-'08. The bones were there, the gameplay logic was solid...the big updates brought new animation, shaker fx, light shows, maybe some subtle scoring tweaks. Contrast that to the NiB code fiascos of Transformers or X-Men. Transformers had a game killing roadblock that took massive begging for the programmer to change, as he liked it the way it was. After a massive begging campaign he finally added a change as an option. For many it was too frustrating and too late. As for X-Men - the game shipped fundamentally and conceptually broken. Updates took forever and some made the game worse and more buggy. It was just an absolutely horrible experience. Metallica is awesome now, but some people couldn't take it that game was missing many modes for 8 months. Star Trek's code was pretty terrible and had unused flashers for a year! I lost faith and sold it before the update.

So yeah - incomplete code is not fun and I haven't taken that gamble since Star Trek. I'll probably take that leap with GB tho.....wish me luck lol

#3623 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

that you have absolutely zero control over.

This is ONLY true if Stern has ZERO interest in feedback from its customers.

#3624 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As for X-Men - the game shipped fundamentally and conceptually broken.

Except, I still had fun playing it. Still do...and very much enjoyed the evolution of that pin.

Quoted from Rarehero:

It was just an absolutely horrible experience.

That may be a subjective opinion. Not sure, though.

Quoted from Rarehero:

So yeah - incomplete code is not fun and I haven't taken that gamble since Star Trek.

I think ultimately it boils down to this: We know how Stern code is handled at this point. For some people, it doesn't bother them. For others, it bothers them so much that I firmly believe they shouldn't even consider buying anything until it has been out for a couple years.

Pete

#3625 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

This is ONLY true if Stern has ZERO interest in feedback from its customers.

So, you believe that being miserable about it, and complaining dozens of times about it on Pinside will speed up the process. Also, it makes everyone around you happier.

Just making sure I'm understanding your point.

Pete

#3626 8 years ago

It seem to work with GOT artwork for premium. People complained, something got done.

#3627 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

So, you believe that being miserable about it, and complaining dozens of times about it on Pinside will speed up the process. Also, it makes everyone around you happier.
Just making sure I'm understanding your point.
Pete

I think maybe the reason you arent understanding is because you are confusing providing feedback with people being miserable?

I have over a dozen pins and just as many arcade games. A great family, job etc etc. I assure you, I am about as far from miserable as possible. Discussing pins, and the things we love about them, things that irk us and everything in between is part of being a collector/player. I know some people are really worried about Sterns feelings but when done in a reasonable tone, feedback is about as reasonable and non-misery inducing as it comes.

We can agree to disagree I suppose...Back to Ghostbusters?

#3628 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

What were the odds
Keep Austin Weird bro
image_(resized).jpg

That's actually the Ecto-1 from the reboot.

#3629 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Except, I still had fun playing it. Still do...and very much enjoyed the evolution of that pin.

Did you have it from day one, when you couldn't do ANYTHING before starting Magneto Multiball, and scoring didn't work? Did you have it when one of the updates made it a maniac stackfest and the wrong voices were coming from the wrong characters? The experience wasn't an "evolution"...it was a terribly designed/coded game from day one, and it then became a scramble to cobble something out of it. There's a huge difference between a game like that (and WWE...same programmer...RED FLAG!!!), and a game where the design and code are actually good, yet need a bit more time to plug in the rest of the pieces.

#3630 8 years ago

X-men was the worst ever. I didn't own it, but I was excited to play it. After the first update that completely changed the game, and then the next one that "wolverined" it up, I lost interest and never went to play it again.

So that's one person's story. Of course this games are made for a basement not businesses so there's that.

#3631 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did you have it from day one, when you couldn't do ANYTHING before starting Magneto Multiball, and scoring didn't work? Did you have it when one of the updates made it a maniac stackfest and the wrong voices were coming from the wrong characters? The experience wasn't an "evolution"...it was a terribly designed/coded game from day one, and it then became a scramble to cobble something out of it. There's a huge difference between a game like that (and WWE...same programmer...RED FLAG!!!), and a game where the design and code are actually good, yet need a bit more time to plug in the rest of the pieces.

Oh yeah, I had it from day one.

Heck, I think my very first game on it is still on YouTube.

The manic stack fest was hilarious....I was amused for a few plays, realized it was a mess, and moved on to other things while things were being worked out.

Even in those early days...I enjoyed playing that game. Spinning magnet was a neat trick, and there was enough to keep me occupied. Nightcrawler was ultra-rare, so when you did luck out and get him...it felt like capturing the Loch Ness Monster, or something.

Sure, if it was the only game I had, I'd probably have been tired of it...but that wasn't the case.

Pete

#3632 8 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I'm torn on this. It keeps the factory going, but it's incomplete.. but is it really THAT incomplete? Compare an early code Stern to a late 80's williams pin, Stern is still deeper. At the same time, updating over usb has become an enabler for Stern because it's flashable. Imagine if a Williams High speed got released with half finished code, and they told the ops "oh just burn a new chip for complete code", they'd be like "yea right, how about you ship me one".

#3633 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I think ultimately it boils down to this: We know how Stern code is handled at this point. For some people, it doesn't bother them. For others, it bothers them so much that I firmly believe they shouldn't even consider buying anything until it has been out for a couple years.
Pete

I definitely fall into the latter group. I think the biggest problem is that Stern has been getting away with releasing incomplete games, for so long, that it has now become the norm. And, a lot of the times people feel obligated to make a huge financial decision based on the theme or short supply of LE/Premium models. Stern banks on this, and you are stuck with a paper weight until enough people complain and they feel obligated to update. I myself won't put myself of that position and beg for code. The root of the problem is not how people bitch about code on the pinside; that is just an unfortunate side effect. The root of the problem is that pinball owners accept Stern's practice of releasing incomplete code. Hopefully Stern plans on making some of those changes.

#3634 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

You forgot the group that knows exactly how it works but buys a game anyway expecting different results then pitches a fit when they do not get different results

#3635 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Sure, if it was the only game I had, I'd probably have been tired of it...but that wasn't the case.

OK, you have 65 games and can laugh it off and tuck it away in the corner while you play others...I could do the same thing with my collection - but it fundamentally troubles me on principal that a $6500 game shipped with the actual *GAME* portion completely defective and remained as such for quite some time. Top that off with the horribly designed Wolverine toy, the moon-cratered playfield after 80 games, the terrible voices...X-Men is one of the worst NIB experiences I've ever gone through - so, to get back to the point: No, getting unfinished or problematic games is NOT fun.

That being said, I don't think Ghostbusters is going to be anything like that experience...Dwight has shown that he listens to feedback and is swift with updates on GoT.

#3636 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Yeah he knows.....

car_(resized).jpgcar_(resized).jpg

#3637 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OK, you have 65 games and can laugh it off and tuck it away in the corner while you play others.

Oh, and 25 video arcade games, too.

My own stupid comment aside, I'd still say that if I wasn't in that position, then a NIB purchase wouldn't be a wise one for me. Like, if my entire hopes and enjoyment of my collection rested on that ONE brand new game knocking it out of the park...then I probably shouldn't be even considering it. I should take my $6500 and buy a bunch of other "proven" games instead, that I know I will enjoy.

It's not like the choice is "Buy a Stern NIB, or never play pinball again."

Quoted from Rarehero:

No, getting unfinished or problematic games is NOT fun.

Yeah, I get that. For me, I just like it better than the alternative (put money down, wait years to see anything, and then when/if it arrives, the code will still be incomplete). I appreciate Stern. God bless 'em...they crank out games, and even in the WORST case scenario, I still have the game in front of me, and I can still have fun.

In any case, I'd love to argue the merits of X-Men with you later...but I'm probably derailing this enough as it is. I still think that people need to realize how THEY are "wired"...and if they can handle a NIB purchase, and all of the baggage that comes along with it.

For me, I'm just over here, patiently waiting for WWE LE code.

Pete

#3638 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

In any case, I'd love to argue the merits of X-Men with you later...

X-Men has merits? OOOoooooh! Yeah, you don't wanna argue about X-Men with me....neither do I...lol...it's better for me to pretend it no longer exists.

Quoted from pmWolf:

For me, I'm just over here, patiently waiting for WWE LE code.

Ouch. "Fool me once..."

#3639 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Yeah he knows.....
car_(resized).jpg

That's the old address of Stern, not the current one ...

#3640 8 years ago

Just read the last bunch of days posts.
And this thread is so derailed, all I got out of it was this......

#3641 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

That's the old address of Stern, not the current one ...

Well tell that google maps

#3642 8 years ago

On a positive note, 98% of people playing pinball have no clue about codes. Great players do. Collectors like
buying LEs , having fun playing original codes while haters and non buyers bitch. Than every time stern or JJP
Releases a new code , their pin becomes more fun. Life is good!

#3643 8 years ago

I have GBLE reserved , by the way. It will be fun.

#3644 8 years ago

Is there any way to ignore any posts over 200 characters? Holy crap if you have nothing to say can you at least say it in less characters? I keep hoping for something here and it never comes..

#3645 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

On a positive note, 98% of people playing pinball have no clue about codes. Great players do. Collectors like
buying LEs , having fun playing original codes while haters and non buyers bitch. Than every time stern or JJP

What about the group of people that buys premiums but would prefer that stern be more communicative with their customers...Are those more 'heavy dislikers' or are they 'haterz' too?

#3646 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Is there any way to ignore any posts over 200 characters? Holy crap if you have nothing to say can you at least say it in less characters? I keep hoping for something here and it never comes..

Go to Twitter, Mr. ADD

#3647 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I call BS on your 98%, on general principle and the fact you pulled that number out of thin air. Maybe the PUBLIC that play pins have no clue about code, but not "people playing pinball."

The so-called "haters" that buy before playing or before the game is released very well know what they are potentially getting into; there is no secret there. Buyer beware... And just to be completely transparent, I have been a buyer before playing (twice), and hope I have learned my lesson.

The "non-buyers" that bitch really don't have a foot to stand on, but in their defense, they are the smartest of us all because they have learned to play before buying (assuming they are buying at some point; if they are not buyers, they just have no life).

However, I digress and apologize for not saying one word about GB. This thread has really gone downhill and I can only hope Stern releases GB officially very soon so we can lock this thread.

*disclaimer* Oh, and I'm drinking; somewhat heavily.

Chris

#3648 8 years ago

I heard a rumor there was going to be a Ghostbusters pin. Anyone know anything about it?

#3649 8 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

I heard a rumor there was going to be a Ghostbusters pin. Anyone know anything about it?

Yep you can just google it and see all the images and everything else. Pinside doesn't allow late breaking news the rest of the internet has

#3650 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep you can just google it and see all the images and everything else. Pinside doesn't allow late breaking news the rest of the internet has

but it's the #1 source of official corporate press releases

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.