IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 360.
#3251 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I don't know why everyone is hating on the slimer LE. I like the ecto pro a lot, but I really love that slimer LE. I'd buy one in an instant if it wasn't a financially boneheaded move on my part at the moment. Maybe its because when I was a kid I was more familiar with the cartoon series than the movie at first and slimer was a bigger part of that. I don't know, but I for one consider myself a huge GB fan and I dig the hell out of the slimer LE!

I like the composition of the Ecto on the cabinet and Stay Puft on the head. Horizontal object on the length, vertical object on the height. It just works really well.

#3252 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Anyone have any photos you can PM me. Trying to make a decision on what to get next.

There is an article with the photos on a popular website.

Just google it.

#3254 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Super Bowl is too expensive no one will buy tickets at these prices, I predict the stands will be empty because we are going into a recession.

Gary: "Surely if people are willing to spend $5k on a superbowl ticket to watch a game for 4-5 hours, our pro's are too cheap (worth thousands of hours of entertainment). New pro pricing, $10k!

Quoted from arcademojo:

Agreed. I've always felt when in a recession people tend to spend more money on entertainment to get away from their daily burdens.
Even with pinball. Example: Cost of a pinball machine vs going out for entertainment for the year. Everyone needs their escape.

It's true. Pinball was selling over 100,000 machines after the great depression because it was a cheap escape.
Today: Spend $20 / week for pinball on location (spend about $1k in a year), or buy a NIB, sell for $500 loss (or gain depending on the title) after a year and play as much as you want.

#3255 8 years ago

If I had been working all of the hours I have spent checking this thread, I probably could have paid for the game by now.

#3256 8 years ago

Video of Ghostbusters, 'nuff said.

Brad

#3257 8 years ago

Are there pictures for this and if so can someone message on this or post here if possible. thanks

#3258 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Rumor has it that some parts are based on the new movie, as there is a Tampon multiball, and Hemsworth ramp.. if you hit that ramp 3 times Thor mode kicks in and then Gary Stern pops up on the DMD in shitty dots and points and laughs at you for spending $8k on a machine with a DMD. Then he jumps into a pool of gold coins, a'la Scrooge McDuck in Duck Tales.

You know that doesn't always work, right?

#3259 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

How can I judge it based on one pin? Well, because it's the only pin that has it, that's how The center of a pinball playfield is the heart of the ART, to disrupt it with a big black box when off and scoring when on just seems wrong. I know most people agree. Even Aurich stated how much of a challenge the art package was with it there.

Captain Nemo has a LCD in the playfield. It does a very good job of continuing the art on the playfield for the background.

#3260 8 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

That 100% could only be considered accurate because we have only seen one game, and even then it's in the eye of the beholder. FTH was their first attempt at a game, and the first game with an LCD in the palyfield so I give them a little leeway. I don't think an LCD in the playfield ruins the art by default. I think if incorporated correctly it could work.

Captain Nemo had an LCD in the playfield and I thought Antonio Ortuño did an amazing job of integrating the LCD graphics with the playfield art.

http://www.quetzalpinball.com/

#3261 8 years ago

Read the post. No posting of any leaked photos for any pin companies. Search google.

#3262 8 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Captain Nemo had an LCD in the playfield and I thought Antonio Ortuño did an amazing job of integrating the LCD graphics with the playfield art.
http://www.quetzalpinball.com/
» YouTube video

Yeah, looks cool and I've seen that. But here's the thing...Heighway has to show the SAME image on the playfield and the backbox, which wouldn't let them do what NEMO is doing. NEMO's integration was WELL thought out. Heighway's wasn't.

#3263 8 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Are there pictures for this and if so can someone message on this or post here if possible. thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/59#post-2952007

#3264 8 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Trudeau designed BOP with Phyton Anghelo...

Yes, and....?

#3265 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

You know that doesn't always work, right?
» YouTube video

DUDE thank you for posting this video clip, I am laughing so hard right now.. I remember that FG episode... LOL

#3266 8 years ago

DMD officially turns 25 this year. It's time.

No DMD with a $500 price increase is total lunacy.

#3267 8 years ago

It doesn't matter what game Stern chooses first to have the new display. It will always make the game before it be the last DMD. And that will cause bitching.

We all need to get over the fact that Ghostbusters probably wont have an LCD.

What I'm hoping for now are some really nice dots. Like Metallica quality dots. Then, the game will pop with ColorDMD.

#3268 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

We all need to get over the fact that Ghostbusters probably wont have an LCD.

But what if, Captain Kirk?
What if? .....
Perchance to dream.

#3269 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

No way Jose. Well, define big. Is $500 big?

$500 USD increase = $707 AUD = $755 NZD so yeah there's an extra $200-250 in it for us plus 10% tax so almost an extra $800 which really pushes that limit on people...

#3270 8 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

$500 USD increase = $707 AUD = $755 NZD so yeah there's an extra $200-250 in it for us plus 10% tax so almost an extra $800 which really pushes that limit on people...

Yep ... A $500 USD increase will equal a grand by the time the machine reaches NZ.

$10k plus for a Pro. No wonder used machine prices are going through the roof.

Might be time to cash up the collection.

rd

#3271 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

DMD officially turns 25 this year. It's time.
No DMD with a $500 price increase is total lunacy.

A TFT / LCD Display is much cheaper than an DMD display. So price should drop ...

#3272 8 years ago

<hateful and inappropriate message deleted>

#3273 8 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

A TFT / LCD Display is much cheaper than an DMD display. So price should drop ...

Producing content for an LCD monitor would probably be more expensive. Doubt you'll see any price drop.

#3274 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Producing content for an LCD monitor would be more expensive. Doubt you'll see any price drop.

It's actually cheaper and easier I hear...and Stern is most likely going to give you back the savings associated with it.

Seriously....people believe that shit around here.

#3275 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep ... A $500 USD increase will equal a grand by the time the machine reaches NZ.
$10k plus for a Pro. No wonder used machine prices are going through the roof.
Might be time to cash up the collection.
rd

I agree the constant price increases are getting absolutely rediculous!

#3276 8 years ago

Just curious.....what's a KISS or GOT Premium going for at the dealer level? My Star Trek Premium was $6500.

#3277 8 years ago

This just in! John Trudeau to be appearing at TPF! I'm sure he's not there to talk about WWE!

#3278 8 years ago

Just curious.....what's a KISS or GOT Premium going for at the dealer level? My Star Trek Premium was $6500.

When I called around on Kiss Premiums, $6300-$6500 (shipping included) was the going rate. GOT Premium was in the same ballpark as well.

#3279 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

When I called around on Kiss Premiums, $6300-$6500 (shipping included) was the going rate.

If GOT Premium is going for something similar, I'm not seeing the price increase everyone keeps talking about.

#3281 8 years ago

This just in! John Trudeau to be appearing at TPF! I'm sure he's not there to talk about WWE!

Clearly...it must be Mustang!

#3282 8 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if overseas dealers are padding the prices a bit in fear of the American dollar getting stronger by the time the game ships vs. quoting the game.

Or is this price increase on the US side also? The one dealer I got a approx quote from yesterday said GB was the same price as GOT

#3283 8 years ago

That's MSRP, which is meaningless if dealer prices haven't risen.

#3284 8 years ago

We all need to get over the fact that Ghostbusters probably wont have an LCD

No

Might as well buy Ghostbusters at a steep discount 3 years from now when code is finally complete & all the new Stern LCD games make this DMD title look dated.

It's time for LCD. This DMD shit is so lame after seeing TH animations... I'm totally not a JJP fanboy & no WOZ or TH will ever see my basement but fuuuck neither will an $8000 DMD!!!!

#3285 8 years ago

but Jody said the next pin after spiderman will have LCD.
he wouldn't lie or mislead would he?

#3286 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

but Jody said the next pin after spiderman will have LCD.
he wouldn't lie or mislead would he?

this has been gone over like 40 times, but a few days later they retracted that statement and said later in 2016

#3287 8 years ago

Then, the game will pop with ColorDMD.

Will the game be coming with a color DMD or do you mean aftermarket? Color DMD would warrant SOME price increase (not $500 IMHO)

#3288 8 years ago

Well I'm retracting my cash & all Stern gets is Deez M'r F'n Nutz lol

PS... I still love my Stern games & wish Stern the best. But jeez LCD it up already

#3289 8 years ago

I'm actually ok with dots. Kind of worried once LCD is the norm so will the overuse of movie clips.

#3290 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No
Might as well buy Ghostbusters at a steep discount 3 years from now when code is finally complete & all the new Stern LCD games make this DMD title look dated.
It's time for LCD. This DMD shit is so lame after seeing TH animations... I'm totally not a JJP fanboy & no WOZ or TH will ever see my basement but fuuuck neither will an $8000 DMD!!!!

Oh, I was disappointed too. Almost made me skip the game. But if everything else about it is great, and it has great dots, then I'm in. I'll add the ColorDMD later.

#3291 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Will the game be coming with a color DMD or do you mean aftermarket? Color DMD would warrant SOME price increase (not $500 IMHO)

Aftermarket.

#3292 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Not our fault your country sucks with its monetary value.

'Merica! F**k yeah!

rd

#3293 8 years ago

gb_reunion_(resized).jpggb_reunion_(resized).jpg

#3294 8 years ago

The total reality is, now that Stern sells so many games to 'Merica (f**k yeah!!) that they no longer need to sell machines overseas. I'm sure they are doing "very nicely thank you" with the domestic market.

Gary has always said that Stern exported half their games, but I bet you $50 that that business plan has changed sooooo much in the last few years.

I'd love to see a sales graph from 2010 compared to 2015. I bet they look totally different.

rd

#3295 8 years ago

Oh, I was disappointed too. Almost made me skip the game. But if everything else about it is great, and it has great dots, then I'm in. I'll add the ColorDMD later.

So now it's $1000 more for colorized mushy dots

I mean $500 increase to Stern rumored plus $400 or so to color dmd folks.

That's like damn near $6000 for a pro right?

No thanks. That's just too much money for too little cool

#3296 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I'm actually ok with dots. Kind of worried once LCD is the norm so will the overuse of movie clips.

The dots match the crappy pixelated graphics on the plastics.

#3297 8 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Oh, no! You didn't just attack Blackberry! Now the gloves are off! Meet me behind the gym, kpg!

OldFaithful_(resized).jpg

I still have a friend who prefers the blackberry bec of full keyboard, ha too funny

#3298 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So now it's $1000 more for colorized mushy dots
I mean $500 increase to Stern rumored plus $400 or so to color dmd folks.
That's like damn near $6000 for a pro right?
No thanks. That's just too much money for too little cool

Where are you getting that from? No one knows what the price is going to be.

#3299 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

gb_reunion_(resized).jpg

I love that picture, but I'm sad to see them together without Harold Ramis.

#3300 8 years ago

we find out every thing on the 14th

200_s_(resized).png200_s_(resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.