IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 360.
#3201 8 years ago

I personally don't see what's the big deal, it's still just renders or pre-production stuff or CAD we don't know a lot of stuff. Will the rules be like? If it's a turkey I'm not going to buy it. I don't care only about the theme or the art it needs to be the whole package.

I think Stern has lost sales because they've have great art but poor play or rules like Kiss and or had great rules but poor art like GOT. For me it's about the whole package.

#3202 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The art's not quite Data East level "wrong" human faces, but still, really, really bad. Murray, especially, gets the short end of the stick with his rendering, and Ramis isn't far behind. Ackroyd and Hudson are the best of the worst, rising to the level of "meh."

Still better than Predator artwork. But the faces are just bad IMO.

#3203 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I personally don't see what's the big deal, it's still just renders or pre-production stuff or CAD we don't know a lot of stuff. Will the rules be like? If it's a turkey I'm not going to buy it. I don't care only about the theme or the art it needs to be the whole package.
I think Stern has lost sales because they've have great art but poor play or rules like Kiss and or had great rules but poor art like GOT. For me it's about the whole package.

This! Couldn't agree more. For this kind of dough, it's crazy to buy a game unless you love ALL OF IT. Simply because there are so many great games out there that are the complete package. That being said, GB LE will sell out before anyone flips and the cycle of craziness will go on and on and on.

#3204 8 years ago

Stern should make two versions of the LE - Stay Puff with White Flake Powder Coating, and a Slimer green florescent LE.
799 units split up between the two versions, half domestic half international.
Oh and- Keep prices the same. Wishful Thinking

#3205 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Stern would be making a big mistake if they jacked the price up even more, the U.S. Is headed for another recession this year.

We don't know that at all, pure speculation or fear mongering. Please tell me how you know we are headed for a recession?

It doesn't matter anyway, people with money will buy what they want. Just because there might be a ression doesn't mean most people don't have money. How are you figuring? People at risk are those with insecure jobs or no savings and those people don't generally buy pins.

On a related note, I was at Disney World at the hight of the last recession 08 or whatever it was, Leaman Bros was going out of biusness and Citibank looked iffy. But guess what the park was still PACKED. Guess what this year the Super Bowl will sell out and the average ticket prices is $5000.

#3206 8 years ago

The pictures are out there if you look hard enough. Sometimes even when you don't look that hard for them.

#3207 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Don't like the price hikes? Stop buying their games.
As long as everyone buys the games, Stern is going to keep inching the price up more and more.
You think they don't know about this thread? I would be very willing to bet they check this thread weekly and go "Yep, hype and price are in direct correlation....up, up, UP!!!!"
Long as we get a hard on for everything nostalgia, Stern is going to thrive from everyone's inability to not open their wallets up. Yes, I get it, some people have deep pockets and wouldn't bat an eye if GB was a $20k game, but the vast majority of people do care. Just figured I'd address that point before someone brought it up.
Whenever emotion outpaces logic in terms of reasoning, you're going to lose every time.

True story.

Disney theme keeps raising the admission prices and movie ticket prices are Much hire than they used to be, back in 88' movie ticket prices were like $3.

We just had a record year for movie box office and whenever I go to Disney it's packed. Disney has said they will keep raising prices as long as attendandence is very high. Who wouldn't?

#3208 8 years ago

Ghostbusters looks so great, I'm cancelling my plans to get a GOT.

#3209 8 years ago

Doom is at hand, Super Bowl is too expensive no one will buy tickets at these prices, I predict the stands will be empty because we are going into a recession.

that $10k AMH isn't looking too bad is it?

My point is, I have an expensive collection but people spend as much or more on sporting events that have no resale value.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#3210 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern should make two versions of the LE - Stay Puff with White Flake Powder Coating, and a Slimer green florescent LE.
799 units split up between the two versions, half domestic half international.
Oh and- Keep prices the same. Wishful Thinking

Premium is Stay Puft based.

#3211 8 years ago

I would prefer Stern adopted the PF display over anything else, I don't really care about the display myself and while the large LCD in the bacbox is nice its not going to matter if the gameplay is shit, Stern pins are so fast for the most part who has time to really take in the display but on the PF it could really add to the experience.

#3212 8 years ago

The new display on a Stern pin doesn't need to be larger than a Sega-sized DMD.

#3213 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I would prefer Stern adopted the PF display over anything else, I don't really care about the display myself and while the large LCD in the bacbox is nice its not going to matter if the gameplay is shit, Stern pins are so fast for the most part who has time to really take in the display but on the PF it could really add to the experience.

I actually look up at sterns dmd lots. I like seeing the dots,the points,the timer, etc when I make shots.

#3214 8 years ago

Love that get down vote when I say we may not be headed into a recession (we may not be) please give me more down votes for that.

I said we were in a recession in 08 and Disney World was PACKED. That's a fact not an opinion. That proves that even in a recession, people don't stop their lives.

Someone posted before we are headed into a recession (which is not true) we may or may not be headed into a recession. But he got no down votes.

It's a fact that we may or may not be headed into a recession, why is that worth a down vote? People are strange, and childish.

#3215 8 years ago

What's that playfield layout remind you of? Gottlieb?

+1 on the idea of stern adding a foot pedal to the games. Open trap!

#3216 8 years ago

Who ya gonna call with this phone?

phone_(resized).jpgphone_(resized).jpg

#3217 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

We don't know that at all, pure speculation or fear mongering. Please tell me how you know we are headed for a recession?
It doesn't matter anyway, people with money will buy what they want. Just because there might be a ression doesn't mean most people don't have money. How are you figuring? People at risk are those with insecure jobs or no savings and those people don't generally buy pins.
On a related note, I was at Disney World at the hight of the last recession 08 or whatever it was, Leaman Bros was going out of biusness and Citibank looked iffy. But guess what the park was still PACKED. Guess what this year the Super Bowl will sell out and the average ticket prices is $5000.
This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hideimage_(resized).jpeg 1

Your spot on and not surprised people down voted you. Pinside has a hard time dealing with the have and have nots of this world. Most can't accept that NIB collecting is a rich man's hobby. And if you're not rich and are buying a lot of NIB pins, I hope you have some savings and your house is paid for. Let the down votes commence.

#3218 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Your spot on and not surprised people down voted you. Pinside has a hard time dealing with the have and have nots of this world. Most can't accept that NIB collecting is a rich man's hobby. And if you're not rich and are buying a lot of NIB pins, I hope you have some savings and your house is paid for. Let the down votes commence.

Thanks, now I know how you feel.

I did not bring up that the US was headed for a recession. It has no bearing on GB thread. But someone wanted to say we were going into a recession. I have no idea how they know that. Look at Allan Greenspan who has more smarts on the economy than anyone here that's for sure. He couldn't predict the last recession but some yahoo on pinside can that's a neat trick.

Most great economist minds didn't predict the worldwide meltdown of 08. Someone here sees the stock market dip a few percent and thinks we're going into a recession.

http://www.economicpredictions.org/who-predicted-the-financial-crisis.htm

#3219 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, now I know how you feel.
I did not bring up that the US was headed for a recession. It has no bearing on GB thread. But someone wanted to say we were going into a recession. I have no idea how they know that. Look at Allan Greenspan who has more smarts on the economy than anyone here that's for sure. He couldn't predict the last recession sobut some yahoo on pinside can that's a neat trick.

This is pinside man, it's loaded with oracles and fortune tellers. Only on pinside can you find people who:

1. Know when a recession will hit
2. Know they'll enjoy a pin before they play it

Rai, we shouldn't fight these soothsayers, we should join them!!!

#3220 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I actually look up at sterns dmd lots. I like seeing the dots,the points,the timer, etc when I make shots.

Yeah me too but like you said for the score or timer and wouldn't it be even better with the display on the PF? maybe not. I like the Heighway model best, gives me the option.

#3221 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah me too but like you said for the score or timer and wouldn't it be even better with the display on the PF? maybe not. I like the Heighway model best, gives me the option.

Heighway doesn't really give an option, 100% of the time they ruin the playfield artwork with that big screen in the middle. Having to do any cohesive art with that big black box in the middle sucks. I did like JJP's Hobbit Book that told you modes and had a timer and such. Just was a bit hard to read at times. Personally, I think the DMD size screen is fine and it just needs nicer quality / colorization.

#3223 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Id dissagree and pinball to me is dot matrix. Its like playing a vector game like asteroids on a colour lcd which looks aweful and takes the originality plus original game play away.
Arcade video classic games look terrible on an lcd and crt is way better for displaying and lasts longer compared to lcd .
But thats my view and i hope its a dot matrix display as thats what pinball is all about. I like the dot matrix it can be viewed at any angle compared to some lcds that drop line segments etc.

Sorry, but your comparison is terrible

This is not real pinball converted to virtual, it's scoring converted from gas dots to hdtv,

The correct comparison is an 80's LCD watch converting to an apple watch

#3224 8 years ago

Lcd backglass is the future. I think it really helps establish the theme. Like someone else said, we are currently experiencing what the "old timers" felt at each new evolution of pinball (reel to electronic scoring to DMD to lcd...)

Imo.

#3225 8 years ago

New pics? Must of missed them. I don't like the sound of big price increase but not surprised. I would suspect every game to creep up in price, especially ones with top shelf themes. People will always complain about price, features, and art but will not hesitate to buy if the game looks good.

#3226 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Heighway doesn't really give an option, 100% of the time they ruin the playfield artwork with that big screen in the middle. Having to do any cohesive art with that big black box in the middle sucks. I did like JJP's Hobbit Book that told you modes and had a timer and such. Just was a bit hard to read at times. Personally, I think the DMD size screen is fine and it just needs nicer quality / colorization.

I agree for the most part but really like the PF lcd and need to see it with a better theme like Aliens not sure how you can judge it based on one pin, the animations thus far via FullT aren't doing anything for me, still its more of an innovation for me than a nicer display in the backbox, DMD size is fine , really like DP and Spooky models.

#3227 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Love that get down vote when I say we may not be headed into a recession (we may not be) please give me more down votes for that.
I said we were in a recession in 08 and Disney World was PACKED. That's a fact not an opinion. That proves that even in a recession, people don't stop their lives.

WDW is a poor example. It exhibits 'lag' behavior due to the long lead time of people making bookings a year out.. it also has emotional crutches (We can't cancel little johnny's chance to meet mickey). WDW being 'crowded' isn't always a reflection of volume, but can be a reflection of capacity (run less vehicles, take rooms out of inventory, use less staff, etc). In 2008, not everyone had felt the brunt of things too.

A far better example would be deferring purchases that were desirable, but not essential - like new appliances, cars, etc.

#3228 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Id dissagree and pinball to me is dot matrix. Its like playing a vector game like asteroids on a colour lcd which looks aweful and takes the originality plus original game play away.
Arcade video classic games look terrible on an lcd and crt is way better for displaying and lasts longer compared to lcd .
But thats my view and i hope its a dot matrix display as thats what pinball is all about. I like the dot matrix it can be viewed at any angle compared to some lcds that drop line segments etc.

Sorry, I don't get your comparison. Its 2016. No need for dot matrix displays in anything. If you want nostalgia, play a game with a legacy DMD display. If I want nostalgia with video games, i'll fire up an Asteroids machine. Are you saying XBOX ONE and PS4 games should have vector graphics and 8bit graphics still, because old school? Hell no.

No one is asking for a ginormous LCD, even JJP size, but with ColorDMD's costing $400+ to put in an machine, why can't Stern provide this from the factory? I have even put a ColorDMD in my TWD just because I can't stand dots anymore, and its not even colorized- I just like the look of it better. I would do the same with Ghostbusters, but it will probably take 2 years to get someone to colorize it for ColorDMD. I don't even care if the screen size is the same as a standard DMD, I just want Stern to put a ColorDMD LCD in there from the factory and have colored animations from the get go. Is that too hard to ask at this point, for a title as massive as Ghostbusters?

I do get the feeling they are more focused on profitable licenses and reducing the cost of the machine itself to maximize profit. I get it, they are a business and need to profit. Roger that. But, Stern needs to get with the times here. As time goes on games with LCD's are going to be considered modern and DMD's are starting to look more and more dated as time goes on. I know Stern is #1, but remember what happened with Palm and Blackberry? They got lazy and didn't innovate and were #1 in the smartphone/handheld devices until Apple came out with the iPhone and crushed them into non-existence. Just when everyone thought Apple was going no where, they destroyed a market where too many comfortable profit hungry execs were milking their customer base and not investing in R&D to innovate their existing products... sound familiar?

#3229 8 years ago

Stern has already said their new display is coming this year. Not sure why everyone is complaining like this isn't already common knowledge.

#3230 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Stern has already said their new display is coming this year. Not sure why everyone is complaining like this isn't already common knowledge.

Probably because people are excited about Ghostbusters, and they want a modern display in a game they actually want, that has tons of source material that would look great on an lcd. There is probably some worry that the first Stern game to have an LCD is going to be a weak theme with weak art and it's only redeeming factor is going to be the LCD and the hope that when it releases it will have half-decent code so the game is actually fun to play.

Or maybe people just like complaining.

#3231 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

100% of the time they ruin the playfield artwork with that big screen in the middle.

That 100% could only be considered accurate because we have only seen one game, and even then it's in the eye of the beholder. FTH was their first attempt at a game, and the first game with an LCD in the palyfield so I give them a little leeway. I don't think an LCD in the playfield ruins the art by default. I think if incorporated correctly it could work.

#3232 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I agree for the most part but really like the PF lcd and need to see it with a better theme like Aliens not sure how you can judge it based on one pin, the animations thus far via FullT aren't doing anything for me, still its more of an innovation for me than a nicer display in the backbox, DMD size is fine , really like DP and Spooky models.

How can I judge it based on one pin? Well, because it's the only pin that has it, that's how The center of a pinball playfield is the heart of the ART, to disrupt it with a big black box when off and scoring when on just seems wrong. I know most people agree. Even Aurich stated how much of a challenge the art package was with it there.

#3233 8 years ago

Well, I am in a Ghostbusters thread because I am excited about Ghostbusters. I am not planning on buying another NIB pin except Ghostbusters because I only have room for 1 more. I want a color display in Ghostbusters. I do not care about another game coming with it as it probably won't be as great of a theme or as massive as GB. I don't care if that color screen comes in some other theme, we are talking Ghostbusters right now.

#3234 8 years ago

Not sure why everyone is complaining like this isn't already common knowledge.

Because not doing GOT and GB with actual video is a missed opportunity.

#3235 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

but remember what happened with Palm and Blackberry?

Oh, no! You didn't just attack Blackberry! Now the gloves are off! Meet me behind the gym, kpg!

OldFaithful_(resized).jpgOldFaithful_(resized).jpg

#3236 8 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Oh, no! You didn't just attack Blackberry! Now the gloves are off! Meet me behind the gym, kpg!

OldFaithful_(resized).jpg

I suggest you put the gloves back on, it would be more sanitary when handling that turd.

#3237 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well, I am in a Ghostbusters thread because I am excited about Ghostbusters. I am not planning on buying another NIB pin except Ghostbusters because I only have room for 1 more. I want a color display in Ghostbusters. I do not care about another game coming with it as it probably won't be as great of a theme or as massive as GB. I don't care if that color screen comes in some other theme, we are talking Ghostbusters right now.

Got it. We know what you want, now.

#3238 8 years ago

Since LCD has been rumored since 2012, I can understand the skepticism after being disappointed a dozen times over. Since Stern is rumored to add $500 to the price of GB w/o LCD, they can release an LCD later this year with no price increase and Pinsiders will rejoice!

#3239 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Since LCD has been rumored since 2012, I can understand the skepticism after being disappointed a dozen times over. Since Stern is rumored to add $500 to the price of GB w/o LCD, they can release an LCD later this year with no price increase and Pinsiders will rejoice!

Also Jared or Jody (can't remember which one) slipped and said next pin, and with that being GB and reports indicating GB won't have an LCD, people are just fed up. Nothing worse than having a dream theme ship like GB and it just misses the better display option. Stern's delay on even offering colored dots is inexcusable. Couple that with the GOT video mode graphics and it's laughable what they think is a passing attempt at video in 2016.

#3240 8 years ago
Quoted from anthony691:

Got it. We know what you want, now.

Now I know that YOU personally know I want it now. My day can now carry on that anthony has acknowledged this. Thank you for your prompt response my friend.

#3241 8 years ago

If JJP had their act together I promise it would have prompted Stern to get off their ass, but instead Stern really has no reason to risk anything and they have pretty much told us all that over and over...

#3242 8 years ago

Yes, we want lcd but lcd is slowly going out of date.

GB with OLED would be wow!

#3243 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yes, we want lcd but lcd is slowly going out of date.
GB with OLED would be wow!

A pin using actually current technology? LOL. Keep dreaming.

#3244 8 years ago

Premium is Stay Puft based.

That could be ok, but they REALLY need to swap the Pro and LE art. Fan's wanting to drop 8k on a machine don't want to see Slimer, and Slimer would certainly do better on route which is where most of your Pro's will be.

No-brainer

The did it correctly with ST

#3245 8 years ago

This might have been covered already but is it based strictly on the first film?

#3246 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

WDW is a poor example. It exhibits 'lag' behavior due to the long lead time of people making bookings a year out.. it also has emotional crutches (We can't cancel little johnny's chance to meet mickey).

Agreed. I've always felt when in a recession people tend to spend more money on entertainment to get away from their daily burdens.
Even with pinball. Example: Cost of a pinball machine vs going out for entertainment for the year. Everyone needs their escape.

#3247 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This might have been covered already but is it based strictly on the first film?

Rumor has it that some parts are based on the new movie, as there is a Tampon multiball, and Hemsworth ramp.. if you hit that ramp 3 times Thor mode kicks in and then Gary Stern pops up on the DMD in shitty dots and points and laughs at you for spending $8k on a machine with a DMD. Then he jumps into a pool of gold coins, a'la Scrooge McDuck in Duck Tales.

#3248 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

First and Second.

#3249 8 years ago

I don't know why everyone is hating on the slimer LE. I like the ecto pro a lot, but I really love that slimer LE. I'd buy one in an instant if it wasn't a financially boneheaded move on my part at the moment. Maybe its because when I was a kid I was more familiar with the cartoon series than the movie at first and slimer was a bigger part of that. I don't know, but I for one consider myself a huge GB fan and I dig the hell out of the slimer LE!

#3250 8 years ago

Anyone have any photos you can PM me. Trying to make a decision on what to get next.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.