IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 360.
#3101 8 years ago

someone should make a "Hitler Reacts" video before Stern announces.....

"Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities, we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college! You don't know what it's like out there! I've *worked* in the private sector. They expect *results*. "

#3103 8 years ago

Good man

#3104 8 years ago

After images were spread and speculation ended, no one wants to talk about the actual game?

Playfield art: Wow! Custom art designed for *that* playfield is what pinball is about. Glad to see games finally coming out without clip-art playfields, and this could be one of the best.

Lower playfield: Four inlanes in a standard width game!

#3105 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Four inlanes in a standard width game!

Ahh, but remember the designer...take a close look at them flippers...spread wide like Mustang and Creech

#3106 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

After images were spread and speculation ended, no one wants to talk about the actual game?
Playfield art: Wow! Custom art designed for *that* playfield is what pinball is about. Glad to see games finally coming out without clip-art playfields, and this could be one of the best.
Lower playfield: Four inlanes in a standard width game!

Were there pictures of the actual playfield art? I just saw the one rough drawing near an insert?

#3107 8 years ago

Someone remarked that the layout is gonna be brick shot city. I agree.

Looks super fun, but don't take too many shots on the fly on this one.

#3108 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Ahh, but remember the designer...take a close look at them flippers...spread wide like Mustang and Creech

No, I think what you are seeing is the slings are moved closer together (and smaller) to make room for the inlanes. Besides, I like a designer who makes an effort to change up the lower playfield... I'm tired of today's cookie-cutter lower playfield.

Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

We're there pictures of the actual playfield art? I just saw the one rough drawing near an insert?

That's it... not much but it's enough to know this one will be the real deal.

#3109 8 years ago

This thread would have been better @ RGP

#3110 8 years ago

also notice to fit the 4 inlane guides instead of the 1/2" timber sides they introduced a 1mm steel ball guide on the outer edge to get some more room.

and totally agree with Trudeau's out of the box designing.

#3111 8 years ago
Quoted from anthony691:

Someone remarked that the layout is gonna be brick shot city. I agree.
Looks super fun, but don't take too many shots on the fly on this one.

What do you mean by "brick shot city"... Sorry, just trying to understand.

#3112 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

No, I think what you are seeing is the slings are moved closer together (and smaller) to make room for the inlanes

I'm betting they're slightly farther apart like his previous games.

#3113 8 years ago

Concerning the rubbers on the inlane guides. Any possibility the ball comes down the inside inlanes, hits the rubber, and bounces to the other flipper?

That would be cool. Two inlanes per side and a chance to return the ball to either flipper from either ramp. I wouldn't put it past Trudeau. He thinks outside the box. I can't remember if the position of them makes it possible though since the pics keep getting taken down.

#3114 8 years ago

Generally flippers by most designers are 7" from shaft centre to shaft centre, but Trudeau likes to stretch that out to generally (I think) 7 1/8".

Also using thin wire guides allows for more room to add another inlane as well as modifying the outer guide from timber to steel which on many games they vary the lhs of the shooter lane but on this they also modified the lhs playfield support timber to a thin gauge steel divider to get some more room for that extra 4th lane.

I think the slings are a result of what room there is left - balls need to fit down the closest inlane, balls need to be directed from the upper playfield to the start and mid of the flipper and the height / or depth of the sling is decided on which lane the ball will bounce and drop down - difficulty thing. Also the outer drain lanes are quite open so a wild ball could still be drained fairly easily even though it has 4 inlanes.

sort of a wide body feel to a regular body width.

here is a mini screen shot, but if a moderator doesn't want a technical section shown, just let me know and I will remove.

Edit - my apologies on the mini screen shot

#3115 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

In the early part of Ghostbusters II a so called psychic said the end of the world will be Feb. 14, 2016.

Valentine's Day.......bummer .

#3117 8 years ago

The thicker gauge flipper return rails are very Gottlieb SYS80 looking...nice!

#3118 8 years ago

GB is certainly not the first game to gain horizontal real estate by subbing metal walls for the wooden rails. Dr Who, MM, SST, AFM, Shadow among many others all have just metal wall on lower left side of playfield. SST got even more room by making the shooterlane double as the left outlane.

#3119 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I'm betting they're slightly farther apart like his previous games.

It's hard to tell but they could be a little farther apart... and they are also steeper than creech or mustang. We will also see less drains off the top of the slings into the outlanes due to the dual inlanes. It's going to feel unique... a game that someone can put in a collection without feeling they have a slight variation of 3 other games they already own.

#3120 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What do you mean by "brick shot city"... Sorry, just trying to understand.

Just that the shots are tight, you're going to miss a lot, your ball is going to hit something hard, and you're going to lose control.

The opposite would be games that have at least one easy to hit shot (the sort of thing you can very often make on the fly) that returns to flippers.

#3121 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

This thread would have been better @ RGP

RGP is so out of it... there isn't even active talk of Ghostbusters over there.

#3122 8 years ago

I'm curious what people think about the translucent ball/box shaped object that is seen between two of the left hand molded buildings above the pop bumpers? I have been wondering if this is alluding to a ball being up there considering there is an opening over to the right hand side of the buildings that could allow a ball to drop back onto the playfield from up there.

Any thoughts?

Oh and note the black "Ecto Goggles" housing just inside the upper left ramp... There is a plastic below it that could serve as a projection screen for the Pepper's Ghost effect.

#3123 8 years ago

The translucent ball is just a reference point to ensure that should an airball find itself in that nest of buildings that it would be able to fall back onto the playfield.

#3124 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Generally flippers by most designers are 7" from shaft centre to shaft centre, but Trudeau likes to stretch that out to generally (I think) 7 1/8".
Also using thin wire guides allows for more room to add another inlane as well as modifying the outer guide from timber to steel which on many games they vary the lhs of the shooter lane but on this they also modified the lhs playfield support timber to a thin gauge steel divider to get some more room for that extra 4th lane.
I think the slings are a result of what room there is left - balls need to fit down the closest inlane, balls need to be directed from the upper playfield to the start and mid of the flipper and the height / or depth of the sling is decided on which lane the ball will bounce and drop down - difficulty thing. Also the outer drain lanes are quite open so a wild ball could still be drained fairly easily even though it has 4 inlanes.
sort of a wide body feel to a regular body width.
here is a mini screen shot, but if a moderator doesn't want a technical section shown, just let me know and I will remove.
Edit - my apologies on the mini screen shot

"This post was moderated and edited 41 minutes ago. A PM has been sent."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly cant believe you got moderated for that one Swinks. Could have been a closeup shot of any playfield. And it was a crap computer generated line drawing! Could have been drawn by Swinks himself.

Pinside is about discussing pinball. Speculating and rumours are part of it. Banning an extreme close up of a CGI image that is already available freely elsewhere is overly harsh.

#3125 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

I'm curious what people think about the translucent ball/box shaped object that is seen between two of the left hand molded buildings above the pop bumpers? I have been wondering if this is alluding to a ball being up there considering there is an opening over to the right hand side of the buildings that could allow a ball to drop back onto the playfield from up there.
Any thoughts?
Oh and note the black "Ecto Goggles" housing just inside the upper left ramp... There is a plastic below it that could serve as a projection screen for the Pepper's Ghost effect.

Parked position of Slimmer before a reveal ?

#3126 8 years ago
Quoted from moondrummer78:

The translucent ball is just a reference point to ensure that should an airball find itself in that nest of buildings that it would be able to fall back onto the playfield.

Makes sense! Thanks!

#3127 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Any thoughts?

Shhh. No talking about what you've seen via the banned links of the banned pics! Amirite?

#3128 8 years ago

Phenomenal to have that hype still going on.......... I really hope the game will bring it

#3129 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yep, just another one to add to the ColorDMD list that keeps taking two steps forward and one step back.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-colordmd-do-you-want-poll-included/page/8#post-2950708

But if it's anything like KISS and GoT then it'll be infested with dot-ised raw video from the films. Which to me looks like a steaming crock of you know what. It's also practically impossible to colourise. If it apes them, it's absolutely not a buy for me ... and I suspect others. If it's their last title with a DMD, they could at least go out with a bang and have animations and graphics of similar calibre to AC/DC and Metallica .. or go further and hark back to some of the better titles of the 90s BW era.

Quoted from anthony691:

It seems like Stern was overly generous about just about everything else to compensate for the "last DMD" thing.
Works for me because I don't care a whole lot about LCD.

Per the above, there's not much that compensates for orange dot slurry. I'd almost rather they just had a well done digital scoreboard with absolutely nothing else, rather than FMVs in dots.

If they make a good effort (I don't expect MMr's new dot quality), then it's fine by me. Canned movie clips in dots again? Stick a knife in it. As far as Stern are concerned, the end of the latter is the thing I'm most looking forward to for the LCD era ... I don't expect them to match JJP's LCD efforts for WoZ and Hobbit immediately - those are mostly exceptional.

#3130 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

We will also see less drains off the top of the slings into the outlanes due to the dual inlanes.

Tell that to my Metallica... the ball will act like its going in one of the inlanes, hit the inlane divider and find its way to the outlane.

#3131 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Tell that to my Metallica... the ball will act like its going in one of the inlanes, hit the inlane divider and find its way to the outlane.

I F****N hate that. Was exactly what I thought when I saw the GB drawings also.

#3132 8 years ago

It's been over an hour since someone posted the same tired leaked pics. Wake up pinside!

#3133 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

But if it's anything like KISS and GoT then it'll be infested with dot-ised raw video from the films. Which to me looks like a steaming crock of you know what. It's also practically impossible to colourise. If it apes them, it's absolutely not a buy for me ... and I suspect others. If it's their last title with a DMD, they could at least go out with a bang and have animations and graphics of similar calibre to AC/DC and Metallica .. or go further and hark back to some of the better titles of the 90s BW era.

Per the above, there's not much that compensates for orange dot slurry. I'd almost rather they just had a well done digital scoreboard with absolutely nothing else, rather than FMVs in dots.
If they make a good effort (I don't expect MMr's new dot quality), then it's fine by me. Canned movie clips in dots again? Stick a knife in it. As far as Stern are concerned, the end of the latter is the thing I'm most looking forward to for the LCD era ... I don't expect them to match JJP's LCD efforts for WoZ and Hobbit immediately - those are mostly exceptional.

I don't understand why Stern can't at least offer a COLOR DMD option before they go full HD like JJP. I find JJP's screen much too big, Dutch found the right middle ground with Lebowski's screen. Heighway having two screens makes no sense.

#3134 8 years ago

Good dot art is way better than LCD hi-def video clips. Look at Metallica, TWD, AC/DC, and some other games that don't use dot video clips. The original dot art is way more entertaining than video clips on The Hobbit or WoZ. Get some high quality dot art, and nobody will complain. AC/DC and Metallica looking AMAZING with a ColorDMD. I really hope they don't use FMV in dot form. That would be a bummer. If they use original dots, I'll be more than happy.

#3135 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Good dot art is way better than LCD hi-def video clips. .

I disagree 100%, and 110% when talking about GB

#3136 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure if you are joking?
For places to spend pinball funds there are plenty currnetly. Both the used and new market. Heighway and Spooky and JJP are all taking money right now... In the case of heighway I am pretty sure FullT is shipping currently and sounds like JJP is shipping TH soon? Granted spooky is all sold out of current titles.
point being that people are holding onto cash base don the hype pf GB.

Can't speak for everyone but for me personally I've been in the market for a new machine since GOT was announced. I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan but the pin didn't do enough for me so I sat out. Next came Spidey. I was going to buy that until they announced the price. For me it was more than I want to spend on a VE (guess I got spoiled with IM). Can't justify an 8k pin in Woz, Hobbit or MMr. Aliens seems so far away...

99% sure Ghostbusters will be my next pin based on the leaked info. But my money was already on hold for the reasons listed above... not because of Ghostbusters.

#3137 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Yea that is a pain... I was only referring to the sling bounce... for example in IM, the left sling is higher than the outlane divider, so it's like death when the ball gets over there. GB looks so friendly in comparison

#3138 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Can't speak for everyone but for me personally I've been in the market for a new machine since GOT was announced. I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan but the pin didn't do enough for me so I sat out. Next came Spidey. I was going to buy that until they announced the price. For me it was more than I want to spend on a VE (guess I got spoiled with IM). Can't justify an 8k pin in Woz, Hobbit or MMr. Aliens seems so far away...
99% sure Ghostbusters will be my next pin based on the leaked info. But my money was already on hold for the reasons listed above... not because of Ghostbusters.

Pros up $500 I'm hearing, keep the hype train rolling it will be more

#3139 8 years ago

Shouldn't it be a violation and/or temporary ban to even talk about the leaked pictures.

Stern needs to blow whomever dropped the leak. Biggest launch ever

I can't believe the BS nonsense surrounding all this. Who really gives a F what was released or not. They need to do more of it.

It's not like they released the secret Hillary Clinton emails.

Come on, let's all make Pinside great again

#3140 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Exactly, and anybody that thinks they don't like the hype train is full of shit.

Like I said, give and extra commission to the leaker and don't feign outrage all over it.

#3141 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

$7995 by xmas!

#3142 8 years ago

Looks like Ghostbusters may be the next Bride of Pinbot. Just missing out on the new screen technology so we will have to go back and add it in ourselves years later.

#3143 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Looks like Ghostbusters may be the next Bride of Pinbot.

I doubt highly it could be that shitty; even with trudau.

#3144 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I doubt highly it could be that shitty; even with trudau.

Yea. I was just talking about it's bad timing. Not the game play.

#3145 8 years ago

BOP has a nice playfield and a cool toy -- just a garbage ruleset.

#3146 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Looks like Ghostbusters may be the next Bride of Pinbot. Just missing out on the new screen technology so we will have to go back and add it in ourselves years later.

Your wallet will stay tuned!

#3147 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

BOP has a nice playfield and a cool toy -- just a garbage ruleset.

BOP 2.0 is actually kind of cool...not worth the monies for me...but I was kind of impressed.

#3148 8 years ago

How much is BOP 2.0?

#3149 8 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I have a bride of pinbot for 2,400 shopped, or will sell for 4,500 with the BOP 2.0 kit installed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.