IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 360.
#2951 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Now I know why you're out bustin people's balls, its because you dont feel part of the inner circle. Sorry man.

No... I just call'em as I see em. I could care less for myself... At some point the game will be made and all will be known. Until then, I just go play pinball

#2952 8 years ago

Just saw some of the leaked cabinet artwork posted on another site. Honestly I prefer the Ecto-1 artwork on the pro over that for the Slimer LE. I'm surprised that the Ecto-1 artwork isn't on the LE and the Slimer the pro. Slimer is a cool ghost but the Ecto-1 is in the films far more then Slimer ever is.

An Ecto-1 LE would look and sell better then a Slimer LE in my opinion. The speaker grill could have resembled the grill of the car with the speaker cutouts being the lights. Bright red powder coated armor could have resembled the fins on the actual Ecto-1. Top it off with a topper with beacon lights / flashers and you have one of the best looking LE's ever. Another missed opportunity but obviously have to wait for the full reveal to give a proper opinion.

#2953 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

beginning to wonder if Pinside was paid to remove the photos and leaked images all as part of the marketing???
Seriously crazy to me that these are being scrubbed. It seems to be right up Jared's marketing style which is fricking genius. This is how new age marketing works.
We now know Stern is actively backing and investing in pinhead media/social outlets (pinball with the Pros sponsor) and with Pinside now being a for profit venture and looking for ways to bring in more money to support 2 employees it is a no brainer to partner with Stern on managing releases and keeping the hype up for an extended period.

There is no way Stern did this as part of some "genius marketing" plan by Jared. Every time something like this happens, there are always those who think it's the company planning it. As someone who works in marketing and has planned "leaks" before, I would be highly surprised if this were planned.

When you plan a "leak" you don't go chasing down offenders and demand they remove the images. Course the fanboys will say, "BUT THAT'S THE GENIUS PART, THEY WANT US TO THINK THEY DIDN'T LEAK IT!!!!" Bullocks. For all of the fanboys thinking this is Stern marketing brilliance, just stop for a minute and ask yourself, why would they do this? Here are my reasons why Stern doing this makes no sense:

1. Stern doesn't need a leak to drum up excitement for it's pins...they've never leaked anything before and its popular themes have sold well without any "leaks"

2. Stern is VERY PRIVATE when it comes to reveals. They offer exclusive reveals to IGN on all their new titles and leaks would undermine those exclusives.

3. Stern would never showcase something that's a "work in progress"...they are professionals and show you the final package right before you can buy it. That's GENIUS marketing guys...that's how Apple does it and that's the way to go. You want people in a frenzy on the day they can hit "BUY NOW".

4. Nothing personal, but they would never let Jared go out with something like this. Gary is not the kind of guy that wants to feed the pinball forum fanboys info...he could care less.

5. The movie studio would never approve those CAD images to go out.

I could go on and on, but the fanboys will still read what I wrote and say, "Yeah, but that's why it's so genius because they expect us to think that!!!!"

I'll end with this...you don't get stuff removed from Reddit guys unless Stern's legal came down on them. "Ah, but Kaneda, the lawyers are in on it, that's why it's so Genius!" See what I did there?

#2954 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, bummer about the right scoop being removed. The concept of having two scoops on the playfield with them being linked by a subway sounded fun and a welcomed change to layouts with just one scoop. Missed opportunity in my opinion.

I don't think they are scoops, I think they are saucers like on congo and wcs, ball doesn't go down into them it just lands in and is kicked out staying at the level of the playfield, not going below it.

#2955 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

An Ecto-1 LE would look and sell better then a Slimer LE in my opinion.

I'm sure the Slimer LE will still sell out (as do all LE's with solid themes) so you may as well save the more attractive art package for the Premium/Pro models for which you can sell an unlimited quantity. Doing it this way results in selling more games. Stern can also sell custom Ecto-1 speaker grills/trim/accessories and make a killing off Pro/Premium owners!

#2956 8 years ago

Did anyone else think Aliens LE machine, when looking at the green powder coating for the Slimer LE?

#2957 8 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Did anyone else think Aliens LE machine, when looking at the green powder coating for the Slimer LE?

No, but I have thought that neither one would look good in my house.

#2958 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No, but I have thought that neither one would look good in my house.

I thought Incredible Hulk.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2959 8 years ago

That weird captive ball arrangement.

A ramp shot at the far right side.

Dual inlanes both sides.

Entire new slingshot layout.

And what appears to be a new slingshot mech.

...and what I have overlooked.

Somebody went crazy. "If we're stepping outside to traditional and proved layout - lets make it a leap".

If the slings are redesigned with magnets it will certainly be a different experience. Also for sound and physical feedback. But I wonder. Wouldn't it also handle the ball in a different direction. Normally the top of a slingshot will kick the ball in an upgoing arc. A magnet in front of a slingshot will draw the ball downwards.

We'll see.

Glad to see some new things happening.

#2960 8 years ago
Quoted from soren:

That weird captive ball arrangement.
A ramp shot at the far right side.
Dual inlanes both sides.
Entire new slingshot layout.
And what appears to be a new slingshot mech.
...and what I have overlooked.
Somebody went crazy. "If we're stepping outside to traditional and proved layout - lets make it a leap".
If the slings are redesigned with magnets it will certainly be a different experience. Also for sound and physical feedback. But I wonder. Wouldn't it also handle the ball in a different direction. Normally the top of a slingshot will kick the ball in an upgoing arc. A magnet in front of a slingshot will draw the ball downwards.
We'll see.
Glad to see some new things happening.

No magnets on the slingshots.

#2961 8 years ago

I don't know that I subscribe to the intentional leak theory. If they did do it intentionally, could we yet see a leak of the fact that it was an intentional leak?

#2962 8 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I don't know that I subscribe to the intentional leak theory. If they did do it intentionally, could we yet see a leak of the fact that it was an intentional leak?

Great. Now I need to go take a leak.

#2963 8 years ago

I'm going to buy a colordmd for my Hulk and move my green Hulk DMD to a Ghostbusters.

#2964 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

beginning to wonder if Pinside was paid to remove the photos and leaked images all as part of the marketing???
Seriously crazy to me that these are being scrubbed. It seems to be right up Jared's marketing style which is fricking genius. This is how new age marketing works.
We now know Stern is actively backing and investing in pinhead media/social outlets (pinball with the Pros sponsor) and with Pinside now being a for profit venture and looking for ways to bring in more money to support 2 employees it is a no brainer to partner with Stern on managing releases and keeping the hype up for an extended period.

I don't think that is the case. I think Robin broke bread with Gary and has established a friendship and relationship. Out of respect for Stern they have chosen to not support people who release photos of machines that are not officially announced. It is like protecting copyright and other manufacturers rights. Just like when someone tries to come on Pinside and sell an aftermarket mod that infringes on a brand, they shut it down. This is not some marketing scheme.

I relate Sterns Marketing to new car dealers and manufacturers. Car manufacturers do not want to jeopardize current year car sales because pictures and spec info was leaked on the internet for new upcoming models. Stern is focusing on selling their current inventory of announced games and it would potentially put a damper on sales if people were to want to hold out for something in the future. Last time I was buying a new truck the salesman led me directly to the current year models and did not disclose that the next year models had arrived and were priced the same. Obviously they wanted to get rid of current inventory. I had to ask if they had any of the newer model years available yet? He then said "Oh yea we just received them, lets go take a look."
I do think Stern could do a better job announcing new titles to maximize exposure and increase potential sales. Leaking something on Twitch or Facebook for an announcement or just listing it on their website seems to be sub par.

#2965 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

There is no way Stern did this as part of some "genius marketing" plan by Jared. Every time something like this happens, there are always those who think it's the company planning it. As someone who works in marketing and has planned "leaks" before, I would be highly surprised if this were planned.
When you plan a "leak" you don't go chasing down offenders and demand they remove the images. Course the fanboys will say, "BUT THAT'S THE GENIUS PART, THEY WANT US TO THINK THEY DIDN'T LEAK IT!!!!" Bullocks. For all of the fanboys thinking this is Stern marketing brilliance, just stop for a minute and ask yourself, why would they do this? Here are my reasons why Stern doing this makes no sense:
1. Stern doesn't need a leak to drum up excitement for it's pins...they've never leaked anything before and its popular themes have sold well without any "leaks"
2. Stern is VERY PRIVATE when it comes to reveals. They offer exclusive reveals to IGN on all their new titles and leaks would undermine those exclusives.
3. Stern would never showcase something that's a "work in progress"...they are professionals and show you the final package right before you can buy it. That's GENIUS marketing guys...that's how Apple does it and that's the way to go. You want people in a frenzy on the day they can hit "BUY NOW".
4. Nothing personal, but they would never let Jared go out with something like this. Gary is not the kind of guy that wants to feed the pinball forum fanboys info...he could care less.
5. The movie studio would never approve those CAD images to go out.
I could go on and on, but the fanboys will still read what I wrote and say, "Yeah, but that's why it's so genius because they expect us to think that!!!!"
I'll end with this...you don't get stuff removed from Reddit guys unless Stern's legal came down on them. "Ah, but Kaneda, the lawyers are in on it, that's why it's so Genius!" See what I did there?

Four things you got terribly wrong in your analysis:

1) These arent $300 apple watches. With big ticket, non essential items, building excitement prior to a formal announcement/sale is hugely important so people can plan and save. These are not impulse 'click buy now here'! purchases for most.

2) You believed that updating the pepsi perfect logo was a good idea...So...Credibility gone.

3) If Gary Stern 'could care less' (as you say) then it sounds like feeding some info to hard core pinball fans prior to an official announcement may be right up his alley.

4) Its not 'bullocks'. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bullocks

#2966 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm going to buy a colordmd for my Hulk and move my green Hulk DMD to a Ghostbusters.

Not sure that would work? Didn't Stern state that the title after Spiderman vault will have an LCD?

#2967 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure that would work? Didn't Stern state that the title after Spiderman vault will have an LCD?

They then went on to retract that comment.

Isn't it meant to have an LCD somewhere on the playfield? Mnpinball? I've been LCD'd?

#2968 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't think that is the case. I think Robin broke bread with Gary and has established a friendship and relationship.

I believe that,but I also believe that it is a relationship built in business.

I will say that GB seems to have maintained the most pre-hype of any Stern game and it definately has people holding on to funds (which means they are not spending them at other manufactures). I think the game has and continues to change for Stern and their marketing seems to be risingto the ocassion. I have said before, but these photo leaks came directly from someone at Stern and as far as I know he still has his job... This was an intentional leak so I have to think the cover up on the most popular pinball forum is part of the marketting plan.

The respect of Pinside seems to be to do as a buddy asks. The question is what is the intent of the buddy. I say when the buddy leaked the photos and then asks you to remove them, the intent is pretty clear. Genious I tell you, Genious!

I know I am not normally into marketing hype at all, but can genuinely say that this has been a fun leak and I am pumped to see the final GB product.

#2969 8 years ago

Second title after SM should have LCD

#2970 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Second title after SM should have LCD

Which is "Cinnabon". Code name for Star Wars? Ritchie up already?

#2971 8 years ago

I missed the damn reddit post. Anyone able to pm me a link to the content?

Got them, thanks people. I see a lot of discussion in the reddit thread about the art, thought there would be more to it than this.

#2972 8 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

Yeah I'd rather have an Ecto-1 LE with white powder coat than the green Slimer LE to be honest. Making Slimer the star just doesn't make sense. He didn't even have a name in the movie and had minimal screen time.

I see your point, but Boba Fett didn't hardly get any screen time in The Empire Strikes Back and his name wasn't mentioned as well.

#2973 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I missed the damn reddit post. Anyone able to pm me a link to the content?
Got them, thanks people. I see a lot of discussion in the reddit thread about the art, thought there would be more to it than this.

See post 2935 while link is still there.

#2974 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

See post 2935 while link is still there.

There is a post on some GhostBusters FAN forum Site that has a small pic of the pf art.

#2975 8 years ago

- removed -

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2976 8 years ago

Thread eject in 3......2......1......

#2977 8 years ago

Layout looks great.

The backglass and Slimer package, not so much.

#2978 8 years ago

Old ass pics so might have changed but pf layout shouldn't too much as they had the boards cut

#2979 8 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Game looks fun. I think expo release in October after the movie comes out this summer. The slimmer LE art looks cool

Wrong. It'a a spring release. Isn't it clear right now it has absolutely nothing to do with the reboot ?

#2980 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Certainly looks like a bit of a throwback to the "as much 3d crap as we can put on the playfield" era of Dirty Harry and BSD. Looking forward to playing this one!

#2981 8 years ago

Stern should just go ahead and announce it.

No point in waiting anymore.

#2982 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Unless they are under contract by Sony to wait for 'Judgement Day". Trailer for the new piece of shit movie is suppose to drop this month. I would assume this will release pretty close to that.

#2983 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

except for all the critquing and complaining that will happen as people rip apart an incomplete project.

Oh and the fact they may not actually have the photo shoot done, the media, the layouts, etc. More to a launch then just saying 'here it is'

Products are teased and predicted before launches all the time. No need for Stern to over react here.

And to think this is the first leak is ludicrous. Pinside has no freaking memory.

#2984 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I don't think they are scoops, I think they are saucers like on congo and wcs, ball doesn't go down into them it just lands in and is kicked out staying at the level of the playfield, not going below it.

I think you are talking about an ejector hole:pfsh-0001_(resized).jpgpfsh-0001_(resized).jpg, I personally think that the right scoop is gone due to cost cutting but I could be wrong so we just have to wait and see.

#2985 8 years ago

Looks fun.

<image deleted>

#2986 8 years ago

Pinballwil. You will need to remove that photo or face ejection from Pinside

#2987 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

???

#2988 8 years ago

It's beyond stupid that those pictures aren't allowed in here at this point.

#2989 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Four things you got terribly wrong in your analysis:
1) These arent $300 apple watches. With big ticket, non essential items, building excitement prior to a formal announcement/sale is hugely important so people can plan and save. These are not impulse 'click buy now here'! purchases for most.
2) You believed that updating the pepsi perfect logo was a good idea...So...Credibility gone.
3) If Gary Stern 'could care less' (as you say) then it sounds like feeding some info to hard core pinball fans prior to an official announcement may be right up his alley.
4) Its not 'bullocks'. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bullocks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....you think Pinball Machines are not "IMPULSE" buys? That's all they are. Nobody needs a pinball machine.

#2990 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Correct. The leaked photos are not official and therefore need to be removed.

#2991 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....you think Pinball Machines are not "IMPULSE" buys? That's all they are. Nobody needs a pinball machine.

Still talking yourself out of buying that second machine, eh?

#2992 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I believe that,but I also believe that it is a relationship built in business.
I will say that GB seems to have maintained the most pre-hype of any Stern game and it definately has people holding on to funds (which means they are not spending them at other manufactures). I think the game has and continues to change for Stern and their marketing seems to be risingto the ocassion. I have said before, but these photo leaks came directly from someone at Stern and as far as I know he still has his job... This was an intentional leak so I have to think the cover up on the most popular pinball forum is part of the marketting plan.
The respect of Pinside seems to be to do as a buddy asks. The question is what is the intent of the buddy. I say when the buddy leaked the photos and then asks you to remove them, the intent is pretty clear. Genious I tell you, Genious!
I know I am not normally into marketing hype at all, but can genuinely say that this has been a fun leak and I am pumped to see the final GB product.

Hold onto their money? What else could they buy right now but GOT, which just puts money into Stern? This makes no sense.

Gary doesn't have to keep people interested in Stern, he's the ONLY ONE SHIPPING PINS...

In the next 3-4 months if I want to buy a NIB machine, ONLY Stern will have something for me. If people think these Hobbit's slowly trickling out are going to scare Gary, no way.

#2993 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

A Snickers bar is an impulse buy...

#2994 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Still talking yourself out of buying that second machine, eh?

I will buy a second machine by the end of 2016 or I will donate $1,000 to Pinside.

#2996 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I will buy a second machine by the end of 2016 or I will donate $1,000 to Pinside.

Quoted for posterior-ity.

#2997 8 years ago

Please stop posting leaked photos of Stern's Ghostbuster Pinball machine.

Yes, we know that the images are available elsewhere on the internet.

However, Robin has made it clear that he does not want Pinside to host any leaked photos as a courtesy to Stern Pinball.

Please respect that request.

Pinsiders that ignore this request will be ejected permanently from this thread. Continued postings of leaked photos will result in a frozen account for the offender. Once frozen, only Robin will be able to restore access to the account.

So, please, with a cherry on top, stop posting leaked photos.

Pinside Staff

#2998 8 years ago

Mood slime. That's what this thread needs.

TheBoysWithMoodSlime_(resized).pngTheBoysWithMoodSlime_(resized).png

If you boys don't be nice, Gary Stern is going to have to hook an NES Advantage Controller to the Statue of Liberty and walk on some cop cars. (she's tough, she's a harbor chick)

maxresdefault_(1)_(resized).jpgmaxresdefault_(1)_(resized).jpg

#2999 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Please stop posting leaked photos of Stern's Ghostbuster Pinball machine.
Yes, we know that the images are available elsewhere on the internet.
However, Robin has made it clear that he does not want Pinside to host any leaked photos as a courtesy to Stern Pinball.
Please respect that request.
Pinsiders that ignore this request will be ejected permanently from this thread. Continued postings of leaked photos will result in a site freeze.
So, please, with a cherry on top, stop posting leaked photos.
Pinside Staff

A Site Freeze as in Pinside shuts down or just for the person who post the photos?
If it is for all of Pinside we may as well shut it down now because to many people out there have access to the photos and do not know the rules here. They just come on and post. I don't see any way to stop them because they just don't know better for the most part.

#3000 8 years ago

Wow... the competition in the pinball manufacturing world is heating up... I'm not sure if any of the current manufacturers are going to be able to match Stern's power and manufacturing capability. I know some think that Stern would never leak.. but if they are, it's a good move. They're essentially going to guarantee locking-up a chunk of change from collectors that have games like TH, TBL, Alien, possibly JJP Pat Lawlor project in the back of their "money-saving / planning-to spend-on-a-game" mind

I have to say: If rumors about JJP's Lawlor game are true (completed, going to be shown ready to ship in spring)... JJP better pull it off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.