IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 360.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Ghostbusters movie being remade hears the cast

CJk7RsLWUAAZg1K.jpg

Do you want Melissa McCarthy on your back glass now that's scary

#252 8 years ago

I don't get the hate for the female cast. What's the problem? It's not like they're going to use the old cast. Obviously a new film will require new actors. And they're women? So ... ?

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Do you want Melissa McCarthy on your back glass now that's scary

Might need to be a widebody then

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't get the hate for the female cast. What's the problem? It's not like they're going to use the old cast. Obviously a new film will require new actors. And they're women? So ... ?

No big deal for me but if the entire cast is women, that targets the audience to mostly women IMO. Men and women are not the same so I think it makes a difference if you cast a man or women for a role. Sometimes it works but sometimes it does not. For instance, changing James Bond to a woman would not work but you can make a super spy movie with a woman lead. I'm not sure what the new Ghostbusters movie is going to be about but having an all women cast is a strange start.

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a gimmick. The cartoons were far more diverse and didn't feel like they were shoving it down my throat. I'm surprised the ghost logo doesn't have breasts.

extreme_ghostbusters.jpgextreme_ghostbusters.jpg

#256 8 years ago

Why is an all woman cast a gimmick, but an all male cast isn't?

Ghostbusters is about a group of people who aren't even sure they really believe getting sucked in way over their heads.

And of course saving the day.

They're Everyman characters. Not superspy icons like James Bond.

Anyways, word is the game is old movie. So who cares.

#257 8 years ago

supposed to be a spring release with old cast of the game as girl movie released July 2016.

also heard a upper playfield ? all speculation and rumour, hopefully not a stripped GoT style of game where the upper playfield won't be in the pro version.

hopefully a Trudeau game, wider apart flippers, 2 ramps with 2 ramp entrances not one like the mustang (2 ramps with one only entrance) and not a wrestling type repetitive upper playfield.

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ghostbusters is about a group of people who aren't even sure they really believe getting sucked in way over their heads.

Ghostbusters are essentially exterminators. How many female exterminators do you know? It's not really something women in general gravitate to.

I think most people who have an issue with it don't like having a one particular group shoe-horned into an existing property for the sake of diversity. It's better to create a new property with the intended diversity. That way, if the new property succeeds, it's truly on it's own merit. I myself don't mind seeing more diversity in Hollywood. What I don't care for is the heavy handed shoe-horning. It smacks of gimmick casting, political correctness run amok, or both.

#259 8 years ago

Should be Trudeau with Lyman on code, if I understand the current rotation.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a gimmick because it takes an existing property and tries to make it relevant to a segment of the audience that it initially wasn't aimed for and it does it in an over the top way.

" Let's take the ghostbusters make them 3 white women and one black woman and make the receptionist a man. Yeah!"

An all woman cast is not a gimmick in a movie like Bridesmaids or Pitch Perfect because they are making an original movie for a female cast. There is no trickery going on. That's why a lot fans feel slighted because for many years they wanted a Ghostbusters sequel and this was the result. Something that takes the name of Ghostbusters but aims at an entirely different audience.

I don't hope for it's failure but I know the movie is not aimed at me, a fan of the original. I haven't watched McCarthy in much because I haven't been a fan of hers in the things I have watched, same with Wiig. I have enjoyed the little I've seen of Leslie Jones on SNL. With that said, if it does well it will surprise me.

#261 8 years ago

Here's a Leslie Jones skit I really enjoyed from SNL...

http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=jugdb8erzt8x-nnyie16wa

#262 8 years ago

I'm hoping a January announcement at 2016 CES. I saw WWE at CES this year.

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I'm hoping a January announcement at 2016 CES. I saw WWE at CES this year.

Doesn't that seem a little early? How did it go this year with WWE, Kiss, and GOT?

#264 8 years ago

It's a stupid cash in remake of an old movie franchise. I can't even work up any emotion over it one way or the other. If it's good and funny I'll watch it at home probably. There hasn't even been a trailer yet AFAIK, so just seems waaaaay to early to get worked up over it.

I'd feel just as ambivalent over an all male remake. Another remake. Yay.

Companies are just less and less risk averse now. Stick with the tried and true, cash in as best and fast as you can, and keep moving. It's no different than pinball being all licensed titles now. Is what it is.

There are worse movies to reboot than Ghostbusters. Just like Stern was smart to bring back Kiss. I can respect both things, even if I don't really care for either move. But I dislike Kiss, and I was a Ghostbusters fan, so I guess there's at least a chance I win on this one.

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Companies are just less and less risk averse now. Stick with the tried and true, cash in as best and fast as you can, and keep moving. It's no different than pinball being all licensed titles now. Is what it is.

You're so right there. I've told this story already but this past weekend I wanted to watch a movie at a theater, Bone Tomahawk. An R-rated horror/western starring Kurt Russell with a good cast. It reviewed really well with a 86% on RT and was released this past weekend. Apparently it was a limited release and VOD same day. So it wasn't in any theaters in my area and I just watched it at home on Amazon. The death of theaters is coming and it's not because I'm not willing to go. It's because they won't put anything out but big budget tent pole movies.

Back to pinball...

#266 8 years ago

I'm curious, Aurich. Would you think Hi-Res dots, ala MMR, and cut scenes would work for Ghostbusters? Or would that ruin the whole aesthetic, in your opinion? Trying to see if we could get the best of both worlds.

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I'm curious, Aurich. Would you think Hi-Res dots, ala MMR, and cut scenes would work for Ghostbusters? Or would that ruin the whole aesthetic, in your opinion? Trying to see if we could get the best of both worlds.

Are you a fan of keeping dots?

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a stupid cash in remake of an old movie franchise. I can't even work up any emotion over it one way or the other.

From what I've read, this seems to be the same reason Rick Moranis wasn't interested in a having a cameo in it.

#269 8 years ago

Well if you're going to do movie scenes just go hi rez.

I'm just not really sold on movie clips being awesome replacements for proper hand animation.

Hobbit is doing a pretty nice job, easily the best example out so far. Some of it works pretty well too, JP did a great job. Smaug flying up and spinning the gold out into the extra ball (I think) was great.

But for instance, Bilbo walking around reading the contract in his house? Zzzzz.

I look at a game like Metallica, which has IMHO the best dots ever done on a game, and I'd take them over movie clips. And the beauty of that is they're short. Frying Sparky is the longest clip I can think of. Punchy, fast, to the point.

Now I have a ColorDMD, I'm not watching them in red. Give me colored animation, dots or otherwise, and I'm gonna be stoked. Doesn't mean movie clips can't work, I just think they're not a slam dunk.

I dunno, it's a case by case basis. I think of Ghostbusters and there's obviously some good stuff. But it doesn't strike me as enough for a whole pin. I could be wrong! Hell, I'm not at all convinced it's going to have an LCD screen. Gonna just wait and see. Easy enough to judge without even seeing things, but not particularly fair or useful.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Are you a fan of keeping dots?

Not particularly.....but hi-res dots like MMR are kinda cool.

#271 8 years ago

I hope this is true.

#272 8 years ago

A Ghostbusters pin would be awesome. ?

#273 8 years ago

Should be Trudeau with Lyman on code, if I understand the current rotation.

I'm so stoked for a Ghostbusters pin. A Trudeau/Lyman team would be great too.
BUT...
If this turns out to be A Mustang, re-themed with the Ecto-1 car rotating where the Mustang was, I'm going to loooooooooooooooooooooooooose it!
: )
So excited for this pin, I couldn't get the theme song out of my head today at work.

#274 8 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Stern did ghostbusters, wonder how long they've been working on it.

#275 8 years ago

if Stern were smart they would either do the original cast for pro, premium and le or make it generic with characters on swap out plastics and offer the alternate casts on "mod" plastics. They would lose so many sales of pro if they go new cast on pro.

that said have heard it is original cast

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I wouldn't be surprised if Stern did ghostbusters, wonder how long they've been working on it.

Stern posted pictures of Gary in the Ecto-1 in the summer of 2014. I think it was at the the major licensing convention that is held every year. Looking back, I would assume he negotiated it then, long before the female Ghostbusters was a thing.

#277 8 years ago

The chances of Stern making a Ghostbusters based off the remake are about as likely as Al Gore becoming a spokesperson for VW.

#278 8 years ago

How about the Lego Ecto-1 as a topper?

ecto_1.jpgecto_1.jpg

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why not remake Jaws with a killer whale and get rid of the shark

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Why not remake Jaws with a killer whale and get rid of the shark

Exactly! Somethings should be left alone. The only way I would want Ghostbusers brought back to life is in a pin.

#281 8 years ago

So would Lyman be doing the code for this?

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

So would Lyman be doing the code for this?

He should be up next in rotation. He hasn't coded a game since Walking Dead.

#283 8 years ago

He should be up next in rotation. He hasn't coded a game since Walking Dead.

Ok thanks

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Exactly! Somethings should be left alone.

Why? You still have the original and a new Ghostbusters movie isn't going to take that away from you. What if I told you that there is always the option of just not watching it if offends you that much?

Also a Jaws remake with a killer whale would probably be better then Jaws 4.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Why? You still have the original and a new Ghostbusters movie isn't going to take that away from you. What if I told you that there is always the option of just not watching it if offends you that much?
Also a Jaws remake with a killer whale would probably be better then Jaws 4.

It's not offensive - just a dumb move IMO. Instead of trying to make a good original movie, you have people trying to cash in on the brand to get fans in but change the formula to make it different and to bring in non fans. Fans don't like it and no one else cares because it's nothing new. I rather not have any of these so called remakes to begin with. Doubt I will watch it even if it's free on tv.

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It's not offensive - just a dumb move IMO. Instead of trying to make a good original movie, you have people trying to cash in on the brand to get fans in but change the formula to make it different and to bring in non fans. Fans don't like it and no one else cares because it's nothing new. I rather not have any of these so called remakes to begin with. Doubt I will watch it even if it's free on tv.

Exactly right! !

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Last I checked there are plenty of quality films that are remakes. Did you like the original 1982 "The Thing" and hated that they attempted to replicate that classic in 2011? Fun fact the original John Carpenter film was also a remake based off a movie released in 1951 called "The Thing from Another World"

image.gifimage.gif

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Last I checked there are plenty of quality films that are remakes. Did you like the original 1982 "The Thing" and hated that they attempted to replicate that classic in 2011? Fun fact the original John Carpenter film was also a remake based off a movie released in 1951 called "The Thing from Another World"
image.gif

You can forget it, we're not changing our minds. The new GB film is a lead pipe lock for the " films that suck hall of fame".

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

You can forget it, we're not changing our minds. The new GB film is a lead pipe lock for the " films that suck hall of fame".

It's hard to argue if Ghostbusters will be good or bad without it being released. Hell it may be garbage I don't know because I haven't even seen a trailer for it.

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

It's hard to argue if Ghostbusters will be good or bad without it being released. Hell it may be garbage I don't know because I haven't even seen a trailer for it.

It may appeal to a new generation, but for those of us that grew up with the original, it doesn't stand a chance.

#291 8 years ago

My guess is that Ghostbusters is going to be done by the Star Trek / WWE team.

#292 8 years ago
#293 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My guess is that Ghostbusters is going to be done by the Star Trek / WWE team.

But that team has done two games (WWE and KISS) since Lyman's last, TWD, and Dwight did GOT.

So unless they got Lyman locked in the basement working exclusivity on the SPIKE OS, I think he's logically next, no?

#294 8 years ago

Does anyone have an link to the Ghostbusters art that was supposedly floating around a few days ago? I never saw it.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from Nullpunkt:

Does anyone have an link to the Ghostbusters art that was supposedly floating around a few days ago? I never saw it.

Yeah, I'm dying to see that too if anyone has it and will share via PM.

#296 8 years ago

Is this really happening? Or is this like the jaws pin?

#297 8 years ago

So unless they got Lyman locked in the basement working exclusivity on the SPIKE OS...

Somehow I think this is more likely.........just a hunch.

#298 8 years ago

If not made on the old cast which we know it will be hard to do no need for this pin with new cast as movie will flop. Rather Jaws be made for sure.

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

If not made on the old cast which we know it will be hard to do

Evidently it wasn't actually hard to do.

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

If not made on the old cast which we know it will be hard to do no need for this pin with new cast as movie will flop

I can't read apparently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.