IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 360.
#2551 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Whatever it is, you'll probably find it on EBAY for $7 the same as Star Treks "star field projector".
I can see this thread going full ST/GOT nuclear when all you guys with lofty ideas are disappointed with the end product ....
rd

I'm keeping my expectations low despite this thread.

#2552 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

how close was that translite?

Un_official_Ghostbusters_Translite_(resized).jpg

Probably close enough for the Mods to take it down

#2553 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Whatever it is, you'll probably find it on EBAY for $7 the same as Star Treks "star field projector".
I can see this thread going full ST/GOT nuclear when all you guys with lofty ideas are disappointed with the end product ....
rd

cat1_(resized).jpgcat1_(resized).jpg

#2554 8 years ago

So if this is to have peppers ghost, will be used to display/capture multiple ghosts across multiple modes (Slimer, Library Ghost, Scoleri Brothers, Stay Puft, Gozer, Zuul, Vigo)? If so this will be cool!

#2555 8 years ago

I assume that the Pepper's Ghost effect will be above a trap that opens. That would be cool.

#2556 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I assume that the Pepper's Ghost effect will be above a trap that opens. That would be cool.

Would be cool to have the trap open during multiball and you can shoot balls into it like Scared Stiff...Every ball shot into it triggers a ghost to be sucked into it as well...

#2557 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The trap appears to be on the back board. I'm not sure it will open but it does look like it will interactive in some way, if only to light up when you lock balls or ghosts.

#2558 8 years ago

It's interesting the changes from the cad to the WW. Looks like the right ramp entrance and shape changed slightly. It's gonna be fun seeing what stayed the same and what changed.

I'm gonna just say it. The art on this game is at least as good as Met if not better. I can't see much backlash if any even here on Pinside.

#2559 8 years ago

If anyone has the cad I'd love to see it - please feel free to PM if you see fit, I promise it won't go any further!

#2560 8 years ago

If someone PMs me the CAD, I promise to post it to this thread and get ejected. Appreciated.

#2561 8 years ago
Quoted from anthony691:

If someone PMs me the CAD, I promise to post it to this thread and get ejected. Appreciated.

wasn't it posted like 6 pages ago>?

#2562 8 years ago

If someone PMs me any "confidential" info, i'll post it on an overseas web server for the public to see

#2563 8 years ago

In keeping w/ the 10x innovation claim or speculation...

On my wishlist for this game for that to be fulfilled, includes an ESP game video mode that shocks me through the flipper buttons when I guess wrong. Also - detect the gender and hotness of the player and adjust game rules accordingly.

ESP_Ghostbusters_(resized).jpgESP_Ghostbusters_(resized).jpg

also.. if the lockbar button triggers a trap to trap a ghost, someone partner with Star_gazer from his sketch on page 11- and make that pedal a reality

#2564 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

If anyone has the cad I'd love to see it - please feel free to PM if you see fit, I promise it won't go any further!

Same can be said here , and you can ensure that i won't say a dickey-bird!

#2565 8 years ago

There's a fake layout image circulating that someone mocked up over the whitewood. Is there another layout that's making the rounds along with that one?

#2566 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

There's a fake layout image circulating that someone mocked up over the whitewood. Is there another layout that's making the rounds along with that one?

The real CAD is floating around.

#2567 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The real CAD is floating around.

And where can the be found ?? I am dying to see this

#2568 8 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

And where can the be found ?? I am dying to see this

Here you go, hope it's not quickly removed

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2569 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Is that the one that was taken from the Stern factory tour video? It was generated from a still shot of the back side of an unknown PF that was assumed to be GB. Then someone overlayed theoretical shots and toys? Is that what everyone is referring to as the "white wood" or is there a legit flipping white wood image floating around?

#2570 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is that the one that was taken from the Stern factory tour video? It was generated from a still shot of the back side of an unknown PF that was assumed to be GB. Then someone overlayed theoretical shots and toys? Is that what everyone is referring to as the "white wood" or is there a legit flipping white wood image floating around?

The only image I've seen is the one from the factory tour video that everyone says is for this game.

#2571 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's a picture Joe at Pinball Star took when on a tour of CGC some time ago. They told him it was nothing important, but it was actually a GB playfield blank they had cut.

#2572 8 years ago

Who you gonna call?

#2574 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Who you gonna call?

Gary Stern?

#2575 8 years ago

There are both real Cad Drawings as well as a mostly populated whitewood floating out there. I have seen them but do not have them to share. The timing could be better but I am trying to figure out how to order an LE (Tax time, plus MMR decided to ship this week, and my wife decided to book a 10k vacation....)

#2576 8 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

There are both real Cad Drawings as well as a mostly populated whitewood floating out there. I have seen them but do not have them to share.

This. ^
I am not at liberty to share anything other than my opinions due to promises that I made but they do exist and some of us have seen them.
And since we are speculating the PF art is going to go down as the best Stern has done imo. Even better than Met.

#2577 8 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

I am trying to figure out how to order an LE (Tax time, plus MMR decided to ship this week, and my wife decided to book a 10k vacation....)

Poor you!

#2578 8 years ago

What I would like to know, is why is Stern sharing Ghostbusters with so many people before they reveal it

#2579 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What I would like to know, is why is Stern sharing Ghostbusters with so many people before they reveal it

It's how you generate hype and attention.

#2580 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

People there are other pin projects out there making noise and stern wants to keep generating a hum leading to stern...

#2582 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's a picture Joe at Pinball Star took when on a tour of CGC some time ago. They told him it was nothing important, but it was actually a GB playfield blank they had cut.

was this it?

playfield_(resized).jpgplayfield_(resized).jpg

#2584 8 years ago

Patterns..
Game of Thrones Teaser video announcing game of thrones. (The one that showed the silver ball rolling around Westeros)
- September 4, 2015

IGN posted photos of the machine on September 8th

We started getting occasional quick clips of the playfield on September 10th. More quick clips trickled in through September 20th.
The Deadflip / Ritchie broadcast of gameplay was on September 29th.

One was @ expo Oct 14

The first Pinsider, (that I could see) posted a 'It's Landed" thread on 11/30

So... 26 (business) days from first photo reveal to first show appearance.

Assuming a similar schedule w/ TPF as the anchor (which may be an unreasonable assumption) - that would put the reveal timeframe @ Feb 11-12th. Maybe even by the end of this week (feb5)

56ish days from reveal to meaningful shipping. So, your pre-pre-orders could be in your homes and you can be hard core Ghostbusting in your game room by the end of April.

#2585 8 years ago

and then Star_Gazer did this, which is close in many ways

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tq&tu=star_gazer

128d990a26729591754eb543e8df52b183a6aa8f_(resized).png128d990a26729591754eb543e8df52b183a6aa8f_(resized).png

#2587 8 years ago

Yeah...not really looking for sympathy Definitely first world problems

#2588 8 years ago

What are the XXXXX's? Magnets?

#2589 8 years ago

What I think is always nice for variety (if it's programmed well) is that it's got quite a lot of shots (for a 2 flipper game).

#2591 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

and then Star_Gazer did this, which is close in many ways
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tq&tu=star_gazer

128d990a26729591754eb543e8df52b183a6aa8f_(resized).png

That ramp is the exact replica of Black Widow ramp on the Avengers

and people hate and have been bitching about it for years

#2592 8 years ago

Coming from someone who has never preordered a LE stern, can a veteran le purchaser tell me how that process works. I would imagine it goes like this, Stern website says on the day, order your GB pinball in any model you like, do they have full pictures of what each style including le looks like? Do you buy one through one of the distributors as soon as you can? I'm just thinking this may be my first le purchase and would like to know the best way to secure one. Thanks

#2593 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

It's how you generate hype and attention.

You're making a MASSIVE assumption that Stern leaked this info on purpose.
Clearly SOMEONE at Stern shared it, but that doesn't mean that it was planned by management.
Some others have even made claims that the timing of this purposefully-leaked info was to stick it to JJP, to offset Hobbit excitement, and same for Heighway to offset Aliens excitement.
Stern has typically kept all their cards close to their chest. They don't usually tell us what theme is coming next, and they don't talk about release dates, or make promises about code deadlines, or anything else, for that matter.
This allows them the time they need to complete whatever it is they're working on without missing deadlines or breaking promises.

Unless someone can provide evidence of an intentional leak, I suggest you guys quit making statements like this.
Given the hype we provide for ANY little bit of pinball news, it's no wonder that a few details were found out, and then blew up on here. That's VERY different from Stern posting something on Facebook "to the masses". The truth is, if Stern wanted to quell excitement for a competitors upcoming release, do you really think they'd give the info to a Pinside member, or do you think they'd just post a photo somewhere MUCH more effective and popular, like Facebook or their website?

Stern is just now starting to produce some great marketing initiatives, like the game videos that we've seen from Deadflip, etc. Such a basic concept, and it's JUST now starting to happen.
You really think there's a bunch of people in a back room somewhere, planning out guerrilla marketing tactics?

OP: this post isn't directed solely at you, so please don't view it as a personal attack. I just think that some of the people here on Pinside should think twice before making bold statements without fact. There seems to be a lot of that happening on here and after a while, it starts to smell.

#2594 8 years ago

Typically they release photos of the Pro and LE on their website.

You would then contact a distributor to secure a machine. Some distributors ask for funds up front and some ask for funds when the machine is goin to ship.

Usually if sales are strong and all the LE's sell out then they release a Premium. Usually the premium has all the features of the LE without the limited number. Often you also have to wait for the premiums because they Are released later.

If you don't have a relationship with a distributor I would reach out to a few now. Start making at relationship with them. Often their LE allotment is spoken for with their repeat customers. So you will want to get on a list.

#2595 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Stern is just now starting to produce some great marketing initiatives, like the game videos that we've seen from Deadflip, etc. Such a basic concept, and it's JUST now starting to happen.
You really think there's a bunch of people in a back room somewhere, planning out guerrilla marketing tactics?
OP: this post isn't directed solely at you, so please don't view it as a personal attack. I just think that some of the people here on Pinside should think twice before making bold statements without fact. There seems to be a lot of that happening on here and after a while, it starts to smell.

It doesn't have to be fact. Stern is one of the few pinball companies still afloat, so I would think they would market and get hype around their games in any way possible. It doesn't mean conspiracy theory....it just means they leak something out knowing that it will be circulated and preempt hype around their product.

And no need to be overly defensive about nothing really. To assume that Stern might not leak something, intentionally or not, when JJP has Hobbit and Heighway has Alien coming out isn't far fetched at all. It is called fair competition practices. This is a small hobby and a generally small market of buyers (particularly for NIB games), so not everyone can buy 1 of each. They have to market early so someone thinking of buying a Hobbit now might hold out and grab a Ghostbusters if they prefer that theme.

#2596 8 years ago

I suspect Stern will be a release or 2 beyond GB when either Hobbit or Alien will be available to purchase for the general public. The only sales they are hurting at the moment are their own as they are the only company that has pinballs available that you can own TODAY with SEVEN different games in production.

It makes no sense for them to intentionally leak anything to drum up excitement when they have the most to lose from cannibalizing existing sales from themselves.

So, I put no weight in the idea that these were anything other than someone inside leaking something they shouldn't have.

#2597 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

The art on this game is at least as good as Met if not better. I can't see much backlash if any even here on Pinside.

I have a feeling you'll be surprised.

#2598 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I suspect Stern will be a release or 2 beyond GB when either Hobbit or Alien will be available to purchase for the general public. The only sales they are hurting at the moment are their own as they are the only company that has pinballs available that you can own TODAY with SEVEN different games in production.
It makes no sense for them to intentionally leak anything to drum up excitement when they have the most to lose from cannibalizing existing sales from themselves.
So, I put no weight in the idea that these were anything other than someone inside leaking something they shouldn't have.

stay tuned?

#2599 8 years ago

Hope this scene will be int there also, Ghost-train-multiball!

ghsottrain_(resized).jpgghsottrain_(resized).jpg

#2600 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You're making a MASSIVE assumption that Stern leaked this info on purpose.

people leak stuff to individuals... that info then gets onto many many more individuals.. and yet, the leaks continue.

If the info wasn't meant to propagate... the sources would dry up, either by feeling burnt or by management locking down. Neither has happened.. and this cycle continues release after release.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.