IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 360.
#2501 8 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Would this above the playfield or below it?

Would it be kind of similar to the creature hologram from cftbl but modernised with updated technology ? If that was the case it would be under the playfield in my opinion

#2505 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Would it be kind of similar to the creature hologram from cftbl but modernised with updated technology ? If that was the case it would be under the playfield in my opinion

If it's a peepers ghost illusion it's actually much older technology since that's been around since the 1860's. The best modern example of it that most of us has probably seen is ballroom part of the haunted mansion ride at Disney.

#2506 8 years ago

I assume it's under the glass, based on the CAD I saw.

#2507 8 years ago

It appears the projection would be above the playfield, but farther in the back near the pop bumpers.

#2508 8 years ago

Yup...now about the laser looking lights..are they motorized?

#2509 8 years ago

That's an interesting question! It would be incredibly cool if they are so you could "cross the streams!"

I had just assumed that they would be static, running up the length of the playfield... But if they are motorized, well that just adds a whole another awesome element to the game! Heck, I was just glad to see that some EL wiring will be in the game!

#2510 8 years ago

Can't tell, they could be el wire in a tube?
I thought they were green lasers?
Great thought on using it to cross streams if they were on stepper motors.

#2511 8 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If it's a peepers ghost illusion it's actually much older technology since that's been around since the 1860's. The best modern example of it that most of us has probably seen is ballroom part of the haunted mansion ride at Disney.

Isn't RFM a kind of Pepper's Ghost? It has to do with using reflections to provide illusions.

#2512 8 years ago

The CAD had a button on the lockdown bar, although I didn't see this on the whitewood.....

questions....questions....

#2513 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

A "peppers ghost" effect would be most impressive if it appears on top of something, floating in space. On the playfield somewhere. Otherwise you could just mount an lcd under the playfield like the Creech lcd mod.

#2514 8 years ago

The Pop-bumpers are covered with plastic buildings...a very interesting thing to do....unless you're hiding tech needed for the Pepper's Ghost.

#2515 8 years ago

heard there was a tube thing could that be projecting a image ????

#2516 8 years ago

My interpretation of the proton streams seen in the CAD model was that it was a clear light pipe with EL wiring wrapped around it. I figure that the light tube will have yellow light shined into it while the EL wires will be blue. That would replicate the proton stream effect.

The tubes are way too narrow for projection, imo. There is a separate "housing" near the back that will likely be the projector for the Pepper's Ghost effect.

And yeah, there does appear to be a fire button on the lockdown bar.

#2517 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Isn't RFM a kind of Pepper's Ghost? It has to do with using reflections to provide illusions.

Yep, it sure is. I consider it the same, anyway. I like me some hologram effects but I hope that doesn't mean we are getting another pin w/ some special-piece of play-field glass that is going to be a pain to source over time.

(like pin2k's polarized mirror-tint-unicorn-tear-glass)

Stage magicians and Disney and my neighborhood halloween enthusiasts get pepper's ghost on regular glass, so here's hoping that happens here too!

#2518 8 years ago

Not sure i think its more than 2

#2519 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Or maybe in the middle of the ramps? With a secret passage way? That would be cool.

#2520 8 years ago

Nope, this doesn't look nearly as intrusive as the Pin2k projection glass. In fact, the GB one is barely noticeable. I sure didn't see it the first time I looked at the CAD. It's small...only 2-3 inches wide it appears.

#2521 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Nope, this doesn't look nearly as intrusive as the Pin2k projection glass. In fact, the GB one is barely noticeable. I sure didn't see it the first time I looked at the CAD. It's small...only 2-3 inches wide it appears.

That's a relief! I guess for Pepper's Ghost to work and not be able to see the image source / subject, it would have to be down in or around the Apron, kind of like how Star Trek's Laser Projector is tucked in.

(Unless they've invented a micro-short-throw-projector -- which I mean- high fives all around if they did that)

I guess a small LCD in the Apron at a 45 degree to the playfield glass might work?

#2522 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

That's a relief! I guess for Pepper's Ghost to work and not be able to see the image source / subject, it would have to be down in or around the Apron, kind of like how Star Trek's Laser Projector is tucked in.
(Unless they've invented a micro-short-throw-projector -- which I mean- high fives all around if they did that)
I guess a small LCD in the Apron at a 45 degree to the playfield glass might work?

or using the small green tube (maybe like a fibre optic tube) over the large insert and the 2 intersect

#2523 8 years ago

Well, the whole device is not in the apron at all. It's much farther up the playfield near the pops. Looks like they've found a way to use a small LCD and create a Pepper's Ghost projection via a reflector in the housing that the screen is in.

And the housing is very cleverly going to represent the Ecto Goggles!

#2524 8 years ago

I heard from an undisclosed distributor that Stern is behind with all their current production of games and the announcement of this title will probably not be until March.

#2525 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I heard from an undisclosed distributor that Stern is behind with all their current production of games and the announcement of this title will probably not be until March.

Kind of surprised Spidey was announced so early when GOT Premiums hadn't even started being delivered yet. So they've got GOT to deal with still, plus Spidey, and whatever catalog orders they have. They'll probably be busy for a while.

#2526 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That would be a bummer.

Has anyone else with inside knowledge heard a date yet? Or at least a month or announcement and release?

#2527 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

sounds logical given all the things they have in production (MMr, STpro, STprem, TWDpro, TWDprem, MET, more ACDC?, GOTprem JUST going now, SMVE on deck and soon to homes).

#2528 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

TPF would make the most sense, no?

#2529 8 years ago

I hope that the delays for GB continue so the code can get further along before games start shipping. Though, I am hoping to be able to play a GB at TPF regardless of the state of the code at that time. I need to see it in person so I can drool.

#2531 8 years ago

I would think it will be at TPF. With all of the stuff going into this game what do you guys think Premium and LE prices (non MSRP) will be? Same as GOT premium / LE or more?

#2532 8 years ago

For the love of pinball would someone please send me a picture of the cad drawing! jamieflowers@yahoo dot commm if you dont want to pm it on pinside!
PLEASE

#2533 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would think it will be at TPF. With all of the stuff going into this game what do you guys think Premium and LE prices (non MSRP) will be? Same as GOT premium / LE or more?

Is there really 'that much more" going into it? I understand that 'innovation is 10x anything we have ever seen ever' but will there really be more 'parts' that drive up the cost? KISS has a giant molded head with a ball eject, spinner/motor, rock and roll figurine that shakes and a levitating ball/ramp diverter...and some people consider kiss 'under toyed'.

From a pure cost standpoint, do we really think GB manufacturing costs will be that much more?

#2534 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Nope. February announcement.

They will definitely have one to play at TPF.

#2535 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I dunno but I do know the topper better be $750 or no way I'm buying it!

#2536 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Is there really 'that much more" going into it? I understand that 'innovation is 10x anything we have ever seen ever' but will there really be more 'parts' that drive up the cost?

Innovation can also mean a decrease in part count/BOM.

#2537 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Innovation can also mean a decrease in part count/BOM.

I agree 100%. Beyond that Spike has been baked and r&d costs already spead across multiple pins since its initial release.

#2538 8 years ago

So who do I need to give a handsy to to see pics of this stupid thing?

#2539 8 years ago

Speculation's ghost.

#2540 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

So who do I need to give a handsy to to see pics of this stupid thing?

Well, if you put it that way...I'll find them for you.

#2541 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I really hope not. I couldn't imagine GB sitting next to my TWD and having the same redneck guy calling stuff out. The worst one of TWD thats getting under my skin is the "Bag of Rattlesnakes" call out on TWD.. seriously, it couldn't be more cheesy. Stupid callouts can ruin a game like GB, thats for sure.

You do know there is a way to fix this...right?

Cleland: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09?tq&tu=cleland#post-2832470

Milhouse: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09?tq&tu=milhouse#post-2839155

Eskaybee: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09?tq&tu=eskaybee#post-2832661

#2543 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Whatever it is, you'll probably find it on EBAY for $7 the same as Star Treks "star field projector".

I can see this thread going full ST/GOT nuclear when all you guys with lofty ideas are disappointed with the end product ....

rd

#2544 8 years ago

My apologies if this has been mentioned, I've been following the thread, but just on and off...
But has there been any insight to what part of February the announcement will be? Early, mid, late?

#2545 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Which of these is the best?

They are all great, but Clelands my fav.

#2546 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

They are all great, but Clelands my fav.

+1

Eskaybee's is Prem/LE only, so I don't know on that one.

I tried Milhouase's, but Cleland's just seemed more gritty and raw.

Not to bad-mouth any of them; they have all done a fantastic job, and it is great to actually HAVE options on this !

#2547 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

My apologies if this has been mentioned, I've been following the thread, but just on and off...
But has there been any insight to what part of February the announcement will be? Early, mid, late?

No apologies necessary.

Does it really matter when its announced in February?

All of the jack wads that keep spewing it all over the place have to wait to get a pin like all of us, and yes I know but just be happy that you can be thrilled at the official announcement when it "comes".

When it does come, we can all circle up and jerk each other off and scream "take my money"!!!!

Of course I'm just kidding and don't really care other than I'm getting the LE based on what I've SEEN and the theme alone. Plenty of options to go around to satisfy everybody.

#2548 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When it does come, we can all circle up and jerk each other off and scream "take my money"!!!!

Texas styles!

rd

#2549 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No apologies necessary.
Does it really matter when its announced in February?
All of the jack wads that keep spewing it all over the place have to wait to get a pin like all of us, and yes I know but just be happy that you can be thrilled at the official announcement when it "comes".
Of course I'm just kidding and don't really care other than I'm getting the LE based on what I've SEEN and the theme alone. Plenty of options to go around to satisfy everybody.

Haha. Yeah it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, other than for my own personal excitement for the title. I'm in no monetary sitatuion to even think about buying a pin right now, but just getting to drool over the announcement pics, and know when I'll be able to hopefully go play one at a release party is what I'm really asking for

#2550 8 years ago

how close was that translite?

<unreleased art removed>

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.