IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 360.
#2451 8 years ago

You'd think, but I wouldn't put it past Stern to screw it up and do sound-alike actors.

#2452 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That's the best we can hope for....Aykroyd joining Hudson for custom callouts.
However, the whole cast will have lifted lines from the movies.

That would be awesome. The Ghostbusters video game released a few years back had every original Ghostbuster do custom callouts, including Bill Murray. Stern getting Ernie Hudson and Dan Aykroyd to custom callouts sounds more then doable.

#2453 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

You'd think, but I wouldn't put it past Stern to screw it up and do sound-alike actors.

I hope Stern learned their lesson after the "botched license" (what I read Lyman posted) job with The Walking Dead. Having a game feature original callouts by an actor from the theme only increases sales. Thankfully they got an original show actor for GOT custom callouts.

#2454 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All I know is that the only thing that would stop Stern from hiring Dan Aykroyd for custom callouts is their pocket books. Slot machine companies have hired him for custom Ray Stanz callouts and hell State Farm had him dress up as a cone head again for a commercial...Make it happen Stern

..and he was in Pixels. Heck, he'd probably do it just to get one of the pins.
Never met him but I've heard from folks that have that Dan Aykroyd's a good dude, he'd probably do it just for coolness points!

Let's hope!

#2455 8 years ago

That's the best we can hope for....Aykroyd joining Hudson for custom callouts.
However, the whole cast will have lifted lines from the movies.

Well, the *best* I could hope for is Bill Murray. I'd bet Stern could sell 5,000 games if they would just pony up the $$$ and write a decent script for him.

I'm sure they'll cheap out as usual and hire Annie Potts for the callouts.

#2456 8 years ago

If Stern comes out and says that Ernie Hudson, Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray are doing custom callouts they would have a HUGE hit on their hands. That combined with a fun layout, good toy offering, and deep rules is the receipe for one of the best pinball machines of all time.

#2457 8 years ago

Can't wait for all the ranting, raving & moaning when the game comes out

#2458 8 years ago

Don't hold your breath for Murray. Besides.....too sardonic for Pinball call-outs. At least of the three remaining Ghostbusters.

Akroyd would seem to be the best.....but Hudson is cheaper.

#2459 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope Stern learned their lesson after the "botched license" (what I read Lyman posted) job with The Walking Dead. Having a game feature original callouts by an actor from the theme only increases sales. Thankfully they got an original show actor for GOT custom callouts.

Not worried about that for Ghostbusters. This theme is everywhere...and the lifted lines from the movie show it's easy to license.

They must have had an odd situation with TWD.

#2460 8 years ago

Don't hold your breath for Murray. Besides.....too sardonic for Pinball call-outs. At least of the three remaining Ghostbusters.
Akroyd would seem to be the best.....but Hudson is cheaper.

Yeah I know he's a long shot but hey a fairly small video game company got him, Dan, Ernie, Harold and several other actors to do custom callouts so there's a chance Stern may get him. Plus it would be promoting the Ghostbusters brand which has a new remake coming out that a few of the original actors are in, including Bill Murray.

#2461 8 years ago

I believe that there are ears on this planet that have already heard some custom callous from Ernie.
If we get him and Dan, I'll be plenty happy.

#2462 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah I know he's a long shot but hey a fairly small video game company got him, Dan, Ernie, Harold and several other actors to do custom callouts so there's a chance Stern may get him. Plus it would be promoting the Ghostbusters brand which has a new remake coming out that a few of the original actors are in, including Bill Murray.

Let's hope the Ghostbusters brand survives the abortion that is coming this summer.

#2463 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I believe that there are ears on this planet that have already heard some custom callous from Ernie.
If we get him and Dan, I'll be plenty happy.

Yeah, that would be perfect. Ernie Hudson callouts if indeed true will be cool but Dan Aykroyds character Ray Stanz is the glue that holds the Ghostbusters together. Having them both in the game would be sweet.

#2464 8 years ago

Let's hope the Ghostbusters brand survives the abortion that is coming this summer.

Ugh, yeah. I just have a bad feeling that the reboot is going to suck and will just be overloaded with a bunch of raunchy jokes. The new car, uniforms and proton pack all look terrible in my opinion.

#2465 8 years ago

Speculation leads to disappointment.

#2466 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's one of the reasons I got rid of my walking dead and my biggest dislike about x-men. Would be really stoked if they did the right thing by ghostbusters.

#2467 8 years ago

I will never buy a game with voice actors. I don't care how much I love the theme.

Stern may not be able to get an actor for custom call-outs....but if they can't get lifted clips from the source material....I'm out.

#2468 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If Stern comes out and says that Ernie Hudson, Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray are doing custom callouts they would have a HUGE hit on their hands. That combined with a fun layout, good toy offering, and deep rules is the receipe for one of the best pinball machines of all time.

yeah they would, but you're going to end up with that redneck guy from mustang and twd again

#2469 8 years ago

"Don't Cross dem streams! YeeHaww!"

#2470 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

yeah they would, but you're going to end up with that redneck guy from mustang and twd again

Nope. Hudson confirmed.

#2471 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I really hope not. I couldn't imagine GB sitting next to my TWD and having the same redneck guy calling stuff out. The worst one of TWD thats getting under my skin is the "Bag of Rattlesnakes" call out on TWD.. seriously, it couldn't be more cheesy. Stupid callouts can ruin a game like GB, thats for sure.

#2472 8 years ago

Nope. Hudson confirmed.

He'll say anything you want...as long as there's a steady paycheck in it.

#2473 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Speculation leads to disappointment.

andy_(resized).pngandy_(resized).png

#2474 8 years ago

Speculation is fun! Something has to get us through until it is released!

#2475 8 years ago

I know I won't be disappointed b/c those with low expectations are seldomly disappointed. So I already know everything about it is going to be awesome.

#2476 8 years ago

Speculation is fun! Something has to get us through until it is released!

Speculation is fun. But this thread has people posting things as fact

#2477 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Fun fact #1: GB will be the first with an LCD main display.

#2478 8 years ago

see the lego dimensions trailer today? Ghostbusters, Dr who and BTTF..... could be some licenses floating about

#2479 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

A few people on here, including myself, have seen the game in various parts of it's development. A few have direct ties to what's going on. Much of what's been reported on here is fairly accurate.

#2480 8 years ago

Fun fact #1: GB will be the first with an LCD main display.

I wish.....and I'm still hopeful for some miracle surprise.....but it doesn't appear to be the case.

#2481 8 years ago

I wish.....and I'm still hopeful for some miracle surprise.....but it doesn't appear to be the case.

How about the playfield LCD like what WWE LE has, will that make it at least?

#2482 8 years ago

How about the playfield LCD like what WWE LE has, will that make it at least?

Pepper's Ghost........

#2483 8 years ago

I would have to bet once Stern has the main LCD display ironed out, we may see color displays for sale from Stern on all the Spike games that it was not originally released with. So looking at Kiss, GoT and GB. As an upgrade, of course.

#2485 8 years ago

Does somebody have a picture of the white wood layout. It was posted on here somewhere but would really like to see it again. PM me if you can't publicly post it. Thanks.

#2486 8 years ago

Yuriijos - Google it. It's not hard to find. Pretty sure pinball paparazzi had images of it up still last weekend.

Pinball maniac - Think bigger and much cooler. Listen to the good Captain and go listen to some Tupac. He might help illuminate the answer.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2487 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Pinball maniac - Think bigger and much cooler. Listen to the good Captain and go listen to some Tupac. He might help illuminate the answer.

image_(resized).jpeg

I shall pass on that. Thank you.

#2488 8 years ago

Be nice to see this technology finally used for good instead of evil.

1181242183114_(resized).jpg1181242183114_(resized).jpg

#2489 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Never met him but I've heard from folks that have that Dan Aykroyd's a good dude, he'd probably do it just for coolness points!

He's got a shit-ton of those already.

#2490 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Be nice to see this technology finally used for good instead of evil.

Oh man, I remember trying to play that poor thing. It sure was clever... looking.

#2491 8 years ago

Fun fact 2 directional magnets?

#2492 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Fun fact 2 directional magnets?

how many?

#2493 8 years ago

I bought the Time Traveler DVD with the intent of playing it on my MAME arcade

One of these days I will get around to it.

#2494 8 years ago

Ahh, the Pin2K of the video arcade games... not as well executed, but a number of parallels.

Every now and then I get the idea that a Holosseum would look cool in the corner of my basement. I get a lot of stupid ideas, really.

#2495 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Ernie Hudson would likely be willing to do callouts! I met him a few years ago and he was such a nice guy!
I would still love to see Aykroyd do some callouts though since he had some great enthusiasm and lines in the film!

"That's a big Twinkie."

#2496 8 years ago

Would be nice to have custom callouts, at least drops from the movie, please no voice actors like Walking dead.

#2497 8 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Would be nice to have custom callouts, at least drops from the movie, please no voice actors like Walking dead.

Agreed. Kept me from pulling the trigger on TWD originally.

#2498 8 years ago

I played Twd at a expo that someone changed all the callouts to real actor voices and was a lot of fun. I guess if you never watched the show you wouldn't care but Twd was a dream theme for me as Ghostbusters is and was hoping one of these days Stern will get one right without skimping.

#2499 8 years ago

Pepper's Ghost........

Would this above the playfield or below it?

#2500 8 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Would this above the playfield or below it?

That's a good question.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.