IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 360.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But their mission from management seems to be more "give me a constant, predictable supply of games to manufacture" and not "evolve pinball" or "design games people are passionate about".

No seems about it, that's it, dead on. Stern is all about the cell in the spreadsheet, nothing else comes close to that.

Hey, commercial company trying to make money, that's fine. But man, they flip us the bird every chance they get. Collectors don't count for shit to them, it's obvious. Reading George Gomez's comments to that guy in the Avengers code thread is just more evidence, man that pissed me off this morning. Your game has bugs, that have existed for years, and you're just gonna tell someone to deal with it because it's your game? Okay. The Thor flasher bug has been fixed for ages, no one can bother to test it and release a code fix? Okay. They don't make money releasing a fix for an old game, so they don't care. Got your cash already, thanks suckers.

It's all about the management. I don't put this on Ritchie, or Lyman, or Lonnie, or anyone. Even the programmers or designers who aren't my favorite as far as their styles etc are all really passionate pinball fans. But Stern the company? Hardly. Bottom line, pump and squeeze. This move the new factory just means the pressure is on to do that more and more. I wonder how we're going to look back on that move.

You guys have fun speculating about Ghostbusters. I hope they make it for you, and it's awesome. Me? Not gonna hold my breath, I'm done with expecting things from Stern, it's just a recipe for being let down. If they make a great game that I want I'll just wait until someone buys it and gets tired of it and sells it to me HUO. First buyers of Stern games are gamblers, no thanks, been there done that, never again.

#202 8 years ago

I like Ghostbusters

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Awesome did not see this one yet:

Hey there's an actual pinball in that clip! First one to name the game will be slimed

#204 8 years ago

Vigo.jpgVigo.jpg

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

First buyers of Stern games are gamblers, no thanks, been there done that, never again.

Same for me. And i'm sure we're not alone.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

... If they make a great game that I want I'll just wait until someone buys it and gets tired of it and sells it to me HUO. First buyers of Stern games are gamblers, no thanks, been there done that, never again.

The problem is the games use to come down in price since now it is a used game. NIB owners lost a bit of money for the pleasure for being the first.

Now everyone thinks it is an investment even if the title sucks. I always wondered why people think because they owned a game for a few months it is worth more.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's all about the management. I don't put this on Ritchie, or Lyman, or Lonnie, or anyone

Especially Lyman, I hear stories all the time about how he works overtime, holidays... Sometimes even works on old code nobody told him to work on in his spare time just because he's so passionate.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

The problem is the games use to come down in price since now it is a used game. NIB owners lost a bit of money for the pleasure for being the first.
Now everyone thinks it is an investment even if the title sucks. I always wondered why people think because they owned a game for a few months it is worth more.

+1

Even the best stern pros & premiums generally sell for less than they did NIB.

I think people see a AC/DC pro with $600 in mods sell for $100 more than NIB and think the world has changed.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

If they're selling it for more than NIB I have a simple solution, I don't buy it. I don't need any pinball. I have lots of good games already, and there are lots of great games I haven't owned out there still. I don't really care about some new hotness. I don't need to own the latest game, especially when it's from Stern, and buying brand new means you get a shitty half-baked product. For their prices they can keep that.

I see people say "I'm never buying NIB again! Unless it's ... MY DREAM THEME". I just laugh at that. It's like an alcoholic who says "it's only a couple drinks a day, I have it under control". I don't care what the theme is. Keep your half built shit. I know I can buy it used later from someone who can't help but buy it. Go for it guys, who am I to tell you not to? You're my suppliers if I ever want a game later!

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If they're selling it for more than NIB I have a simple solution, I don't buy it. I don't need any pinball. I have lots of good games already, and there are lots of great games I haven't owned out there still. I don't really care about some new hotness. I don't need to own the latest game, especially when it's from Stern, and buying brand new means you get a shitty half-baked product. For their prices they can keep that.
I see people say "I'm never buying NIB again! Unless it's ... MY DREAM THEME". I just laugh at that. It's like an alcoholic who says "it's only a couple drinks a day, I have it under control". I don't care what the theme is. Keep your half built shit. I know I can buy it used later from someone who can't help but buy it. Go for it guys, who am I to tell you not to? You're my suppliers if I ever want a game later!

It's okay. Star Trek can't hurt you anymore.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#211 8 years ago

Well, if we're done with the Stern bashing for the night.....

#212 8 years ago

This will make for an awesome multi-ball mode on the new LCD, once it's edited and custom animation added and such!

#214 8 years ago

In before the lock!

#215 8 years ago

Yup.image.jpgimage.jpg

#216 8 years ago

Ghostbusters30tthRunge.jpgGhostbusters30tthRunge.jpg

#217 8 years ago

Why are we expecting a lock? Because GB2 was that bad?

#218 8 years ago

While I respect Stern for keeping pinball alive, I agree with Aurich in terms of their risk-taking. It was Steve Jobs who said innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. While I'm guilty of "pre-order disease" (POD) on TBL, at least DP is trying to innovate and take pinball to the next level. The same can be said for JJP and Heighway.

Data-East was the little guy back in the late 80s / early 90s, yet they introduced several innovative technologies still used today. It's time for Stern to evolve with new technology (including artwork) or have someone else do it for them.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Ghostbusters30tthRunge.jpg

That would make a cool backglass.

#220 8 years ago

I really hope that this game is made one day and given the quality looking TBL I would think Dutch Pinball would do a great job of Ghost Busters.

If Stern are doing it I hope they can do art similar to Metallica, and use soem of the cool concepts in this thread.

edit - just heard a C2C episode and Nate stated that the rumour is strong for Stern to be making this and Trudeau is designing. I hope Trudeau is doing it with his wider flippers but please do at least 2 ramp entrances not like Mustang with one

#221 8 years ago

Bill murray, dan aykroyd, Ernie hudson, annie potts all confirmed as cameos in new movie, now Sigourney Weaver officially joined
https://www.thewrap.com/sigourney-weaver-joins-cast-of-ghostbusters-reboot

All we need is rick moranis!

#222 8 years ago

Stay home Rick.

#223 8 years ago

It's great to see so many people from the original films in this new reboot (?), but it's a damn shame they couldn't manage to pull at least some of them together for a real sequel for all those years.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from nman:

It's great to see so many people from the original films in this new reboot (?), but it's a damn shame they couldn't manage to pull at least some of them together for a real sequel for all those years.

Yeah, I agree but sometimes things should stay a good memory. I was so frickin excited when dumb and dumber 2 was announced with Carey and Daniels.

I couldn't even bring myself to watching it after the reviews came out.

#225 8 years ago

Is it just me and my crazy imagination, but did anyone else get the feeling that Stern is possibly releasing pins that will comepete against their other competitor titles? I mean, a possibly Ghostbusters to compete against Spookys AMH, with GOT competing against JJs hobbit?

Not complaining because all titles interest me, just wondering.

#226 8 years ago

In terms of themes, that is.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I mean, a possibly Ghostbusters to compete against Spookys AMH

Rob Zombie versus... Jimi Hendrix?

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Stay home Rick.

His kids are grown now, he has free time.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Is it just me and my crazy imagination, but did anyone else get the feeling that Stern is possibly releasing pins that will comepete against their other competitor titles? I mean, a possibly Ghostbusters to compete against Spookys AMH, with GOT competing against JJs hobbit?

AMH?? No.

But we all expected GOT to try and one up Hobbit, with the dragon-focused fantasy themes. I think that's one reason people were so disappointed in the presentation.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Not complaining because all titles interest me, just wondering.

Well Ghostbusters isn't announced and AMH is sold out. Hobbit was supposed to ship long before GOT was announced and it just worked out that they would ship at the same time so I don't think that theory holds up.

Ghostbusters competing with Alien would sound more realistic. If Alien ships in the spring and the rumors are true that Ghostbusters is announced for Spring of next year, that would be a very similar style of theme. Now whether they can compete with each other in gameplay and art would remain to be seen.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

AMH?? No.
But we all expected GOT to try and one up Hobbit, with the dragon-focused fantasy themes. I think that's one reason people were so disappointed in the presentation.

Game of Thrones fan of the tv show, but as a theme, was a bit "meh" about The Hobbit (and even Lord of the Rings) movies. Thought GoT would be The Hobbit killer due to me like the theme more.....strangely, it has now made me want to own The Hobbit more after seeing that full color dragon on the LCD multiball sequence, as well as cabinet and playfield art. Amazing!

#233 8 years ago

If someone made ghostbusters like the one from farsight studios that I have from google store, I would put a deposit on it right now.

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

If someone made ghostbusters like the one from farsight studios that I have from google store, I would put a deposit on it right now.

hopefully alot better than that one

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

A reskinned Haunted House?

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's plenty of 2015 and other recent movies that suck.

Agreed. And I'm out on pinballs for those crappy themes as well.

#237 8 years ago

Yes, reskinned haunted house,all blueprints are done,how expensive could it really be to do?

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

reskinned haunted house,all blueprints are done,how expensive could it really be to do?

I think haunted house to produce today would be pretty expensive. 8 flippers, 3 playfield levels. It's a bear to shop out, imagine the cost just to assemble it.

#239 8 years ago

agree on the not using the haunted concept - do something new

can see a benefit of a small upper playfield representing the beams to catch the ghost, and imagine for a small upper playfield they set up a small lcd under a perspex playfield for video art from the movies....

also a great opportunity for slimmer green inserts in the playfield

and this game would have a great potential interest base with almost 2.4 million people on the Ghostbusters Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/Ghostbusters

#240 8 years ago

calling Star_Gazer for another concept

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

It's time for Stern to evolve with new technology (including artwork) or have someone else do it for them.

Have you checked out Spike, or the art on Metallica or Kiss? They certainly didn't develop Spike just for the heck of it, I'm sure more is coming.

How many other manufacturers are doing hand drawn art on a pin that you can buy today? Like, actually buy it, and have it show up next week?

#242 8 years ago

this would be cool if Dirty Donny did hand drawn art for Ghostbusters

091bbd0af5afff9ad89ff9799f72c38b.jpg091bbd0af5afff9ad89ff9799f72c38b.jpg

#243 8 years ago

I like the theme, lots of creative ideas in this thread. If this pin includes a bashing toy ( like sparky, well walker ) it needs to be Slimer. Slimer is a huge part of ghostbuster. Actually I think if I remember the documentaries it was not meant to be but the cool quotes from Murray like the : he slimed me created a surprise attraction for this caracter.

Even my kids, still very young but when we talk about ghostbuster : oh yeah dad, the glow in the dark monster who slime people and eats sausages.

Personnaly I just want to bash him

#244 8 years ago

How about a Walter Peck bash toy?

#245 8 years ago

I still like the "Find (and lock) Walter Peck's Balls" mode.

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

calling Star_Gazer for another concept

Well i did actually draw something like that (see my sketch on page 1. of the playfield left top corner) It's supposed to be a mini playfield based on this vintage GB Artari/amiga game.

Ghostbusters_07.gifGhostbusters_07.gif

1 week later
#247 8 years ago

That was my favorite game on Commodore 64. Trying to run under the jumping Stay-Puft at the end was nearly impossible.

#248 8 years ago

Any EXPO news from a possible GB pinball???

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Any EXPO news from a possible GB pinball???

nope

1 week later
#250 8 years ago

Ghostbusters movie being remade hears the cast

CJk7RsLWUAAZg1K.jpgCJk7RsLWUAAZg1K.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.