IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 360.
#2101 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Maybe no LCD means it's an OLED screen?

That would blow LCD screens out of the water and be true innovation.

I heard it has a touch-screen, a smoke-machine and that it whistles at you when you walk close by in attract mode .

#2102 8 years ago

Red dots or color display?

#2103 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Red dots or color display?

Dude. This pin has 10x the innovation of anything out there today.

Red dots or color.

Smh

#2104 8 years ago

So how about pricing? What have people paid for recent LEs? $6800-$7200? I havent shopped around for an LE since X-Men

#2105 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

So how about pricing? What have people paid for recent LEs? $6800-$7200? I havent shopped around for an LE since X-Men

For newly announced titles, you can expect to pay $7500+ for LEs and $6300+ for Premiums (includes shipping). If you have a buddy/buddy relationship with your distributor, or if you're good friends with a local Stern route operator that has an established relationship with a distributor, you can usually get a bit better price (a few hundred off in most cases).

#2106 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

For newly announced titles, you can expect to pay $7500+ for LEs and $6300+ for Premiums (includes shipping). If you have a buddy/buddy relationship with your distributor, or if you're good friends with a local Stern route operator that has an established relationship with a distributor, you can usually get a bit better price (a few hundred off in most cases).

Thanks! At that price difference I might hold out for a premium if the LE doesn't blow me away

#2107 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I have GoT next to my WOZ and WOZ doesn't get turned on much anymore. GoT is one fun pin to play.

Not sure this is saying much. I didn't have my WOZLE next to anything and it didn't get turned on much. I have played GoT pro and LE. I wouldn't say they are bad but innovative - no. If the bar is GoT then I am not impressed already.

#2108 8 years ago

It seems like a lot of people have seen this machine?? Are there photos that were posted that I haven't seen?

#2109 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

It seems like a lot of people have seen this machine?? Are there photos that were posted that I haven't seen?

Yes. And Robin asked that they not be posted again. It is a bummer for companies to not be able to announce and show off their new game on their terms.

#2110 8 years ago

the only posted pictures were the unpopulated playfield, the unfinished backglass and the slimer right?

#2111 8 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

the only posted pictures were the unpopulated playfield, the unfinished backglass and the slimer right?

Posted? I believe you are correct.

#2112 8 years ago

I don't get the hating on GOT or KISS especially talking about a pin that most have not played. I get being excited about a new title. GoT & KISS may not be ground breaking but they are both very fun to play IMO.

#2114 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I don't get the hating on GOT or KISS especially talking about a pin that most have not played. I get being excited about a new title. GoT & KISS may not be ground breaking but they are both very fun to play IMO.

Potential buyers were hoping that GOT was going to knock their socks off.

It didn't.

#2115 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Because nobody can like one pin on Pinside without trashing another one. You're a mod, man...do I really have to explain this to you? I sold my Hobbit interest to get a GOT because the Hobbit gameplay bored me. But I don't trash the machine. It's a beautiful machine, and one that I look forward to playing at somebody else's house. That's how I feel about all games that I have no interest in buying - it's all pinball, so it's all good. But sometimes it's just not good enough (IMHO) to own.

#2116 8 years ago

So if everyone else has seen GB already, can someone share with me the all this innovation I keep hearing about?

#2117 8 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

So if everyone else has seen GB already, can someone share with me the all this innovation I keep hearing about?

I just want to know: Does it have the signature Trudeau narrow flippers that make it difficult to post-pass and/or impossible to cradle during multiball? I love that shit.

#2118 8 years ago

From what I've read on all 43 pages it looks to me that A LOT of games are going to be up for sale to finance GB. My question is how low are they gonna go to unload them so they can get this "10x the innovation of anything out there today" game. I'm not in the market for anything so I'm neutral on the subject.

#2119 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Potential buyers were hoping that GOT was going to knock their socks off.
It didn't.

Game of thrones is absolutely great with a awesome layout. Out of the box with great code that i am sure will just improve, i played it 3 hours tonight with my son and i have not done that since the first time i owned tspp (i have had 4)

#2120 8 years ago

I definitely have my expectations in check, but still a 99% chance I'll purchase. Innovation is subjective... I don't think I've ever seen a toy or item on any pinball machine that made me jizz my pants.

It's the whole package that will make me spend money... art, theme, layout, & rules.

Back to speculation, I would love an Ecto-1 Premium with spinning red & blue lights on top. *That* might make me jizz my pants.

#2121 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

From what I've read on all 43 pages it looks to me that A LOT of games are going to be up for sale to finance GB. My question is how low are they gonna go to unload them

You base this on what? The flood of games that hit every time a new game comes out? Oh right - that never actually happens.

I'm buying a Ghostbusters and not selling anything.

#2122 8 years ago

Are any distros taking pre-orders yet?

#2123 8 years ago

I consider myself a very pragmatic person in this hobby and the first thing I did when I saw the pics that are floating around was try to figure out which game I could unload to fund a GB.

#2124 8 years ago

From what a lot of people have been saying in this thread.

#2125 8 years ago

Ok, I surrender. Am I the only dipshit on pinside who hasn't seen this damn game (not counting the translite & whitewood)?

If anyone can pm me sexy snapshots, I'll be totally discreet.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2126 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You base this on what?

Quoted from TaylorVA:

the first thing I did when I saw the pics that are floating around was what game I could unload to fund a GB.

See there's another one.

#2127 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ok, I surrender. Am I the only dipshit on pinside who hasn't seen this damn game (not counting the translite & whitewood)?

Same here flaps.

#2128 8 years ago

I apologize if this has been posted before and/or if everyone has already seen it, but I was hanging out with some friends tonight and Ghostbusters II came on so one of them mentioned this about the guy who played Vigo. I'd heard it before, but never really read up on it. It's definitely interesting:

http://deadspin.com/the-hateful-life-and-spiteful-death-of-the-man-who-was-1737376537

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_von_Homburg

#2129 8 years ago

I missed the pictures when they went on pinside too. Was not quick enough and they got removed before I could see anything.

If anyone has pictures I will also love to see them

#2130 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If anyone can pm me sexy snapshots, I'll be totally discreet.

image_(resized).jpeg

Same here

#2131 8 years ago

Same here guys. I really wish they'd just go ahead and announce the details of this worst-kept-secret ever, so I can go ahead and mark "Ghostbusters" on a stack of cash or something else. Personally, I get a little antsy about having the cash earmarked for a pin that I haven't seen when there are so many other great pins out there I haven't owned yet. The potential of this one seems worth seeing what they come up with. Just wish they'd get around to it already or quit leaking stuff.

Here's hoping we'll get.. something.. this week...

original_(resized).jpgoriginal_(resized).jpg

#2132 8 years ago

Pretty sure this is fake, but I like it

Edit: that explains why I havnt seen it on here I guess.

#2133 8 years ago

You're gonna have to remove that image if you want to keep the moderators off of your back.

#2134 8 years ago

Haha the number of times that pictures is going to be posted and then taken down just cracks me up....It is likely very real, just an early version with revisions to come before its approved. I expect that to look pretty close to the art we see on the final game though.

#2135 8 years ago

The faces are all wrong except for Ernie's. The rest is good.

#2136 8 years ago

Watched the first film last night for probably 100th time. I'm serious as these movies were on repeat for me as a kid, lol. They never get old. If Stern does the machine right with many of these rumors coming true they will have a hit on their hands and I can easily see GB ranked in the top 10.

image-606_(resized).jpgimage-606_(resized).jpg

#2137 8 years ago

I agree I hope they get it right. Very wide appeal. I could see some cool modes, lighting effects, sounds and hopefully artwork

#2138 8 years ago

I am ready to put up my WOZ ECLE to get this, I would love to see a playfield or anything! If someone has some insight, please pm me so it makes me decision easier!

#2139 8 years ago

Yeah, if anyone has any photo's of artwork/playfield under speculation, I wouldn't mind having a look.

#2140 8 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Yeah, if anyone has any photo's of artwork/playfield under speculation, I wouldn't mind having a look.

Ditto

#2141 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Watched the first film last night for probably 100th time. I'm serious as these movies were on repeat for me as a kid, lol. They never get old.

Me too! I hadn't watched it in a while so I popped in the Blu-Ray. When Ray says "Listen! You smell something ?" I lol'd - for some reason I never noticed how funny that line was, even though I've seen it a million times.

#2142 8 years ago

Why would they take down the "leaked picture" (probably a topic for another thread). The title of the tread says "speculation" and not fact.

Have the taken down the link to the picture yet?
http://i.imgur.com/Gn6ebTdh.jpg

#2143 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Why would they take down the "leaked picture" (probably a topic for another thread). The title of the tread says "speculation" and not fact.
Have the taken down the link to the picture yet?
http://i.imgur.com/Gn6ebTdh.jpg

I think everyone has seen the (hopefully) fake translite art...others have seen extensive pictures and videos of it/played it.

I have not so I cannot form an opinion on it yet. But with 10x more innovation than any other pin ever produced you can bet I'm hoping it's good enough to put next to my HH.

#2144 8 years ago

why stop at 10x innovation? Why not 100x innovation! This pinball is going to sleep 4ft above the gameroom floor!

#2145 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Dude. This pin has 10x the innovation of anything out there today.

Based on what?

#2146 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Based on what?

science

#2147 8 years ago

All this talk is killing me. Dream theme for me and I'd love to see the leaked pics if anyone has them PM me. I'll keep it private. This might be my first NIB Stern.

#2148 8 years ago

I don't think anyone has seen this game or has pics of it. I think people in this thread are just trying to get people going and pull their leg. The pics would be on Instagram or some blog site then.. Just my opinion.

#2149 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Haha the number of times that pictures is going to be posted and then taken down just cracks me up....It is likely very real, just an early version with revisions to come before its approved. I expect that to look pretty close to the art we see on the final game though.

Agreed. And the thing is, the more I've looked at it, the more I've realized that it's one of those designs that seems a bit off when looking at it online... But if you imagine it lit up, and actually printed on a translite, I think it'll look really great. Kind of like how I wasn't impressed with the Spider-Man VE from photos, but then I saw a video of it and loved how the art looked.

#2150 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I don't think anyone has seen this game or has pics of it. I think people in this thread are just trying to get people going and pull their leg. The pics would be on Instagram or some blog site then.. Just my opinion.

How wrong you are.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.