IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 360.
#2051 8 years ago

Good thing I have space for 1 more pin I guess .

#2052 8 years ago

The modes, the art, the callouts, how much is packed into the playfield (ramps, magnets, targets, etc), all the stuff you can gather from this thread, there's a lot to like about this pin

#2053 8 years ago

Seems like half of pinside has already seen it.

#2054 8 years ago

Im sure some people have by now

#2055 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

No kidding. I've seen the translite (praying it was just a draft) and the stripped playfield but neither gave me any solid feel for how the game would be. Not sure how everyone else had had a chance to see it in completed form.

#2056 8 years ago

I'm going to chill for a bit and take a wait and see approach. This is all getting too much. I'm sure Stern will give us some info soon

#2057 8 years ago

Being friendly and networking I'd guess

#2058 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was playing a Ghostbusters LE down the street tonight, amazing game! Just joking, lol.

Yeah, the title is certainty no longer a secret. I'm looking forward to hearing who from the original cast Stern hired for custom callouts. From everything I've heard it seems like Stern has put more time, effort and features into this title compared to other recent titles. Can't wait for the full reveal.

#2059 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I anticipate a lot of people will sell GOT and KISS once they see the pics of GB.

KISS, maybe...

#2060 8 years ago

GOT is an incredible machine but, I think more people will want GB for theme alone. Face it, most of us grew up with ghost busters.

#2061 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

After seeing it, what aspects of it struck you as being above and beyond GOT etc?

Art? Intergration of Theme? Both for sure.

#2062 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I think a decent amount of us have

I don't understand. If you have image why don't you let people PM to see it.

#2063 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Art? Intergration of Theme? Both for sure.

That's what struck you most about seeing the completed game?

Seems others feel it's the new groundbreaking technology and Jampacked playfield.

We shall see soon enough I suppose!

#2064 8 years ago

Why would anyone break the trust of someone who was nice enough to hook me them for someone they don't know. Look, I'm just going off info from mnpinball and can tell the way he speaks that he knows what's going on. I don't know shiznit.

#2065 8 years ago

if anyone wants to share anything beyond the translite and the whitewood pic in this thread, feel free to PM me!I'm hungry!

#2066 8 years ago

I got a pic of a brown slimer for you bro

#2067 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

if anyone wants to share anything beyond the translite and the whitewood pic in this thread, feel free to PM me!I'm hungry!

Sentiments shared 574-596-2668 or [email protected] work fine. Be anonymous it works for me I just want to see it.

#2068 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I got a pic of a brown slimer for you bro

I've got a pic of a brown slimmer too! But don't think anyone on pinside wants to see it.

#2070 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm wondering if our expectations are too high. Is John Trudeau's 3rd game for Stern in 2 years really going to outclass Steve Ritchie spending 2 years making GOT?

It makes me sad that GOT is the result of 2 years of work....and yes, JT's GB is going to blow it away.

#2071 8 years ago

Ramp that goes under playfield seems very cool to me (no, I haven't seen the game, but that was one of the things in the game I thought?). That would mean a subway too, for if a ball falls still under the playfield, it'll have to go somewhere.
The whitewood seems to have quite some shots. We'll see, it's nice to see people who've seen it so enthusiastic, but I wouldn't get my expectations too high, for in that case everything they release will disappoint.

#2072 8 years ago

Maybe i missed it, but was there and estimate date for the release of GB?

#2073 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It makes me sad that GOT is the result of 2 years of work....and yes, JT's GB is going to blow it away.

That's a big call, I have GoT next to my WOZ and WOZ doesn't get turned on much anymore. GoT is one fun pin to play. I hope it at least equals it, JT is one of my fav designers.

#2074 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

That's a big call, I have GoT next to my WOZ and WOZ doesn't get turned on much anymore. GoT is one fun pin to play. I hope it at least equals it, JT is one of my fav designers.

Thank God. I thought I was the only one.

#2075 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...because Trudeau's pins are always so much better than Steve Ritchie's.

#2076 8 years ago

When's the last time we were HYPED for a new Stern and it actually BLEW PEOPLE AWAY when revealed? Let's see:

TWD: Lukewarm reveal and moaning that the characters weren't on it and the ball drained out of the pops.
KISS: Art was praised, but shots / toys left many unsatisfied and blah code has made this pin all but disappear in conversation.
GOT: Probably Stern's most anticipated pin in a long time. Art was crucified. Flow and code have won people over, but it took a while.
SMVE: People torn on the art and price is universally bashed.

The hardest thing to do is make this community get onboard right away. People EXPECT A LOT and they deserve it for what these pins cost. Now here's the thing...does Ghostbusters have colored dots? If it's red dots then that sucks.

Also that translite that leaked is the art style. You can definitely see it's Zombi Yetti's work. I think JPOP got him infected with purple hues and he's still trying to shake that.

#2077 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...because Trudeau's pins are always so much better than Steve Ritchie's.

This one will be!

I'd rather play Congo than GOT, just sayin.

#2078 8 years ago

I do not like GOT at all. I have yet to have a chance to play anything but a pro, but it is ho hum to me.

#2079 8 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Maybe i missed it, but was there and estimate date for the release of GB?

February

#2080 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This one will be!
I'd rather play Congo than GOT, just sayin.

I wouldn't. I have both, and Congo's leaving within the month. Nobody but me played it.

I just have to add that the GB theme is what kills it for me. I never realized how important theme was until I thought about GB. I don't care how amazing the game is...I was never impressed by the movie, and therefore I'm not remotely interested in owning it. Would love to play somebody else's, though!

#2081 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I'm glad you're having fun with it - but nothing about it looks like it required 2 years of development. Standard ramps, loops, and not much else. I'm a huge Ritchie fan but nothing about GOT impresses me. I played Pro and LE again yesterday at the Banning Arcade Expo - hoping I'd see what the fans are getting out of it. Maybe I've been playing pinball too long now and "shoots well" isn't enough for me to spend almost $8k on a game. I already have games that shoot well. A game like GOT with offensively poor art and no interesting interactive mechanical features is a hard pass for me. GB looks to be a complete turnaround - the total package I've been waiting for in a new pin.

#2082 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm glad you're having fun with it - but nothing about it looks like it required 2 years of development. Standard ramps, loops, and not much else. I'm a huge Ritchie fan but nothing about GOT impresses me. I played Pro and LE again yesterday at the Banning Arcade Expo - hoping I'd see what the fans are getting out of it. Maybe I've been playing pinball too long now and "shoots well" isn't enough for me to spend almost $8k on a game. I already have games that shoot well. A game like GOT with offensively poor art and no interesting interactive mechanical features is a hard pass for me. GB looks to be a complete turnaround - the total package I've been waiting for in a new pin.

...and that's what makes pinball great: There's something for everybody. GOT LE is so good (IMHO) that I'm even selling my LOTR soon. Now, the family members that used to count that as their favorite never play it anymore, and don't think there's a reason to have two pins with a fantasy/medieval theme. And I'm tired of 45 minute games.

But, like I said: I'm anxious for the GB reveal, and to play one (hopefully) at TPF.

#2083 8 years ago

The modes, the art, the callouts, how much is packed into the playfield (ramps, magnets, targets, etc), all the stuff you can gather from this thread, there's a lot to like about this pin

Agree unless this new pin is a complete step up with new features from Stern I really have a hard time thinking it's going to be so much better or different than the rest. Don't get me wrong but I wish for something new and different from them on every pin, even having not played the last few ones but seeing them it appears the same and maybe only Metallica, TWD, and GOT look different at a glance. I hope this new game even if it costs more has new creative futures in it. Also does this mean that they are willing to make pins on other older franchise movies if a new reboot movie comes out. Let's face it the new movie is going to be nothing special with new cast on GB.

#2084 8 years ago

Innovation 10 fold.

This is a pretty big proclamation. You say it's full featured... but full featured does not equal innovation.

#2085 8 years ago
Quoted from sven:

That would mean a subway too, for if a ball falls still under the playfield

If it's got the right amount of speed, it is not necessary, think like a rollercoaster....
Trivia: What's the best scene from GB that fits this kind of ramp?.............................exactly!

#2086 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Trivia: What's the best scene from GB that fits this kind of ramp?.............................exactly!

I was thinking the river of slime from Ghostbusters 2 but other than that i am unsure what else can fit the bill ?

#2087 8 years ago

Can't wait to see it. Judging by so many comments of people who saw it, LE should be sold out 20 min after launch.

#2088 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Can't wait to see it. Judging by so many comments of people who saw it, LE should be sold out 20 min after launch.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2089 8 years ago

my point exactly. I'll remember this thread and will discover who is reliable and who is inventing stuff

#2090 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

If it's got the right amount of speed, it is not necessary, think like a rollercoaster....

I dunno - even whitewater has an "emergency exit" when speed and gravity dont go its way. There will probably be a divertor or something so the ball can go to the scoop if needed.

#2091 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I dunno - even whitewater has an "emergency exit" when speed and gravity dont go its way. There will probably be a divertor or something so the ball can go to the scoop if needed.

that is what I was thinking as well

hope this ramp is on the pro

#2092 8 years ago

10 fold innovation would mean next generation display (the generation beyond LCD so maybe holographic??) and maybe a 3D printer that prints items on the playfield during different modes or something.

Ok. Im going to say it. this is getting exciting. 10x for gods sake.

I. Am. All. In.

#2093 8 years ago

Maybe no LCD means it's an OLED screen?

That would blow LCD screens out of the water and be true innovation.

#2094 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

More like 2 years worth of Saturdays between beers.

#2095 8 years ago

or mechanical parts being replaced with a magnetic design

#2096 8 years ago

bah! I'm probably gonna order an LE, I have a feeling I'm really going to like it. Now I'm looking around the game room to see what to get rid of to pay for it... probably BF and Radical! ....

What are people pre-ordering LEs at ? $7200?

#2097 8 years ago

bah! I'm probably gonna order an LE, I have a feeling I'm really going to like it. Now I'm looking around the game room to see what to get rid of to pay for it... probably BF and Radical! ....

Feel the exact same way.

#2098 8 years ago

Me 2 . Looks like tz and congo may have to leave

#2099 8 years ago

Looked at my collection today. Nothing I want to cute but ghostbusters certainly has my attention. Stern doesn't need PR the Pinside hype machine does it for them and does it well.

#2100 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Stern doesn't need PR the Pinside hype machine does it for them and does it well.

Stern feeds the hype machine by "leaking" whitewood, cad, and backglass images to select individuals.... There's a reason Ghostbusters is a worst kept secret. If Stern didn't want this information out in the public than they wouldn't leak it in the first place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.