IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 360.
#2001 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Not sure why people downvote stuff that's completely true (but unsavory).
I agree 100%.
Mostly because I've completely sworn off NIB sterns until code is complete...but would probably buy a GB after the first major code update. I'm part of the problem.

I'm all for sharing an opinion but calling others "idiots" for having an opposite view adds nothing to this conversation or this community. These type of posts will always get my downvote.

#2002 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Most definitely, top notch features all around. I was excited based off theme at first, now I'm excited for the whole thing in general. LE paid in full here.

Which distributor did you buy from?

#2005 8 years ago

I've never bought a NIB game. Truth be told I've never owned a Stern and never thought I would. If there is a GB in the works and if JT is designing it without limitations on creativity I will need to pop my cherry and get one.

#2006 8 years ago

TRUST ME --- IT IS COMING -- THIS SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE FOR STERN. I just hope the game / code is good. But I got my name already on hold for a GB LE. ITS COMING NEXT....I am really looking forward to this one - I have been waiting for years for this game to be made.

#2007 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I'm all for sharing an opinion but calling others "idiots" for having an opposite view adds nothing to this conversation or this community. These type of posts will always get my downvote.

If you knowingly buy an incomplete game

Then run to the forum to complain it's incomplete

That's the behavior of an idiot

Some of my best friends are idiots, I play the part too sometimes.

However... If you buy the incomplete game & never complain it's incomplete you are not an idiot.

I hope I didn't upset you again

#2008 8 years ago

If you bought an incomplete game with the "promise" it will be completed and never say anything to the company that made the promise, you are an idiot.

#2009 8 years ago

How about we play the game before calling it a "home run?" I've heard it's a cool looking game but there is a lot more to a game than looks. That said I do hope it's as badass as it's being pumped up to be.

#2010 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How about we play the game before calling it a "home run?" I've heard it's a cool looking game but there is a lot more to a game than looks. That said I do hope it's as badass as it's being pumped up to be.

Taylor you right, "home run" probably isn't enough, Grand Slam!...is likely more appropriate. Plus with stern's easy peel and stick decal system they are practically interchangeable. Trudeau with the walk-off!

#2011 8 years ago

A friend of mine mentioned a pretty cool topper idea for Ghostbusters the other night. There could be a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man topper that is just the head and then hands that grip over the top of the cabinet. Stay Pufts eyes would move, maybe even his mouth, and then have color changing LED's inside of it for various modes (kill Stay Pufts it glows orange / red as in the movie).

#2012 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Taylor you right, "home run" probably isn't enough, Grand Slam!...is likely more appropriate. Plus with stern's easy peel and stick decal system they are practically interchangeable. Trudeau with the walk-off!

I hope it is a grand slam. What would that be? Great art, layout, toys and code?

#2013 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I hope it is a grand slam. What would that be? Great art, layout, toys and code?

Freakin Lasers! (I hope they are used, not just decoration)

...and everything else!

#2014 8 years ago

Heard that there could be a delay in GB announcement and production due to more AC/DC production. Anybody else heard anything?

#2015 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

No idea just wanted to publicly give you some shit. I'm in same boat rumors are cool just hope it's good and I can own it a few years down the road.

#2016 8 years ago

Why would there be a big rush to release GB having just released SMVE and GOT?
Right now from Stern you could buy:

Kiss
Star Trek
TWD
Metallica
Wnbjm
Mustang
WWE(?!)
SMVE
GOT

Do they need another Major release so soon?

#2017 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Kiss
Star Trek
TWD
Metallica
Wnbjm
Mustang
WWE(?!)
SMVE
GOT

I don't want those. I want Ghostbusters lol.

They have a big factory now - they can make everything for everyone!

#2018 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

If you bought an incomplete game with the "promise" it will be completed and never say anything to the company that made the promise, you are an idiot.

Pinside isn't how you "speak to the company".

You pick up the phone like a mature consumer & then send follow up emails to the company. You can REALLY speak to them with your wallet too.

Or people can just bitch about it here for 2 years & thumbs down me for calling them out on it. Clarification: This isn't about me vs you.

I really look FW to GB. For real. Even my wife wants it & she's a total pinball hater lol.

Everyone who has a deposit in now better keep their mouth shut in 18 mos about dead inserts & missing animations or modes.

Sorry for the negativity/reality. Back to the cool shit about this new title!

#2019 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

LE paid in full here

I find this interesting since no pricing has been confirmed, is your distributor going to refund any difference if you have over paid ?

#2022 8 years ago

somebody better leak something more soon, I need to see more of what everyone is alluding to! I'm definitely more into this release than any before. I might be in for an LE.

#2023 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

somebody better leak something more soon, I need to see more of what everyone is alluding to! I'm definitely more into this release than any before. I might be in for an LE.

Maybe it has a space elevator?

#2024 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Maybe it has a space elevator?

I certainly hope so.
I have already installed a special pipe in my ceiling in anticipation.

#2025 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I certainly hope so.
I have already installed a special pipe in my ceiling in anticipation.

This is the first pin that will have the nut rumbler, can't wait.

#2026 8 years ago

oh man I don't EVEN want a discription of what that is.

#2027 8 years ago

Do people have moles...aka...friends within Stern who are sharing stuff. Literally so much excitement for something nobody has seen. I get the theme is AMAZING, but calling it a homerun pin already? Nobody's even flipped once is kind of crazy, no?

#2028 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Do people have moles...aka...friends within Stern who are sharing stuff. Literally so much excitement for something nobody has seen. I get the theme is AMAZING, but calling it a homerun pin already? Nobody's even flipped once is kind of crazy, no?

People have seen and played it.

Trudeau and Stern have a winner here more like a home run, LE should sell out to distribs very FAST !

#2029 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Trudeau and Stern have a winner here more like a home run, LE should sell out to distribs very FAST !

I know you're Gary Stern. You're not fooling me at all. Lucky for you, I promise not to tell anyone.

I looked it up, and there is no Crazytown, Minnesota, so I know I'm right.

#2030 8 years ago

Ugh, may have to splurge on an LE based mainly on theme... and if it lives up to the hype (also since I decided against the SMVE). Any ideas, based on current LE prices, what actually price shipped from a good Distr. may be? PM would be appreciated.

#2031 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Known about it for almost a year......Sworn to secrecy, punishable by castration!

#2032 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Kiss
Star Trek
TWD
Metallica
Wnbjm
Mustang
WWE(?!)
SMVE
GOT

larger facility = more product needs to be running

#2033 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

So, people must know if it red dots......... again?!

#2034 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Pinside isn't how you "speak to the company".

Since they monitor these threads closely I'd say it's one way Curly

I'm sure some of the "whiny little bitch" crowd are ignored though

#2035 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I looked it up, and there is no Crazytown, Minnesota, so I know I'm right.

I know where it is.

#2036 8 years ago

So say it is likely to be a home run.....why are people jumping on the "LE" bandwagon? If it's absolutely amazing I'll likely go for a premium down the road. Unless there is not a big difference in code and gameplay..... then I'd just go for a pro.

#2037 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So say it is likely to be a home run.....why are people jumping on the "LE" bandwagon? If it's absolutely amazing I'll likely go for a premium down the road. Unless there is not a big difference in code and gameplay..... then I'd just go for a pro.

keep it secret, we want to see LE prices Skyroquet high and snatch a premium for nothing lol

#2038 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Known about it for almost a year......Sworn to secrecy, punishable by castration!

They have been working on it for two.

Brad

#2039 8 years ago

I would guess that they are working on the start of future pins earlier than most of us know?

#2040 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I would guess that they are working on the start of future pins earlier than most of us know?

If I told you the answer to that, then I'd probably have to.....

#2041 8 years ago

Aka paid full usual LE price, pay the difference when price is revealed (which I doubt there will be, if so, not much)

#2042 8 years ago

Went at EAG trade show in London.

No GB here. GB was shown in private to disributors as a short film footage.

No lcd on this game (pro or LE)

No widebody playfield.

Talked to Gary directly and he told me that. No speculation.

#2043 8 years ago

Tell Gary pics or it didn't happen!

#2044 8 years ago

Everyone wants an LCD, until they see how much it will add to the price of the pin. Stern does not need an lcd on GB. It will sell very well with out one.

#2045 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since they monitor these threads closely I'd say it's one way Curly
I'm sure some of the "whiny little bitch" crowd are ignored though

There is so much back/forth arguing, OT comments & redundancy it would take the patience of a fucking saint for a professional to extract useful market research from Pinside.

That's why I like it here so much tho lol

#2046 8 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Everyone wants an LCD, until they see how much it will add to the price of the pin. Stern does not need an lcd on GB. It will sell very well with out one.

Based on what? Has everyone seen this pin or just 2 or 3 people hyping it up.
Seems that every new pin from stern is hyped up before release which can only leave people disappointed

#2047 8 years ago

I'm wondering if our expectations are too high. Is John Trudeau's 3rd game for Stern in 2 years really going to outclass Steve Ritchie spending 2 years making GOT?

I think we should lower our expectations to more "typical stern" release. Beyond a cool retro theme that we like and hopefully some really nice art, is the game playfield going to be that feature packed that it blows GOT away?

#2048 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Beyond a cool retro theme that we like and hopefully some really nice art, is the game playfield going to be that feature packed that it blows GOT away?

Short answer is yes. As a total package I think this game will impress upon initial release info more than any pin since Metallica. I anticipate a lot of people will sell GOT and KISS once they see the pics of GB.

#2049 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Short answer is yes. As a total package I think this game will impress upon initial release info more than any pin since Metallica. I anticipate a lot of people will sell GOT and KISS once they see the pics of GB.

After seeing it, what aspects of it struck you as being above and beyond GOT etc?

#2050 8 years ago

Crap!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,699 (OBO)
$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.