IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 360.
#1901 8 years ago

18 hours and 57 minutes?

#1902 8 years ago

Has Stern ever revealed 2 games in the same month before?

Spider-man isn't exactly a true VE.

#1903 8 years ago

John Trudeau

Rocky (Gottlieb, 1982)
Krull (Gottlieb, 1983; unreleased)
Q*bert's Quest (Gottlieb, 1983)
Jacks To Open (Mylstar, 1984)
Attila the Hun (Game Plan, 1984)
Chicago Cubs 'Triple Play' (Premier, 1985)
Raven (Premier, 1986)
Hollywood Heat (Premier, 1986)
Gold Wings (Premier, 1986)
Monte Carlo (Premier, 1987)
Victory (Premier, 1987)
TX-Sector (Premier, 1988)
Deadly Weapon (Premier, 1990)
Silver Slugger (Premier, 1990)
The Machine: Bride of Pin*Bot (Williams, 1991)
Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball (Bally, 1991)
Black Rose (Bally, 1992)
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Bally, 1992)
Judge Dredd (Bally, 1993)
The Flintstones (Williams, 1994)
Congo (Williams, 1995)
Vacation America (Chicago Gaming, 2003)
Mustang (Stern, 2014)
Wrestlemania (Stern, 2015)

Does he finally have a title to shine with?

#1904 8 years ago

Let's at least end LCD talk, no LCD. ColorDMD will be fine with custom dots.

#1906 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It will be days, not hours.

Well, what da hell? This is absurd, these long announcement delays are inexcusable!!!!!

I'm going to eat a whole cheesecake and forget about all of this.

#1907 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

John Trudeau
Rocky (Gottlieb, 1982)
Raven (Premier, 1986)
Victory (Premier, 1987)
Black Rose (Bally, 1992)
Congo (Williams, 1995)
Mustang (Stern, 2014)

Forgot Spirit.

#1908 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Correct...... I wonder if it will be a sixx player?

I see what you did there

#1909 8 years ago

Ok .5 days honestly hope I'm wrong

#1910 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

there are still great alpha numeric games out there...you dont have to dislike a cool pin when something better comes along

Yes there are some cool alpha numeric games I agree.

But I wouldn't want to buy $7000 alpha numeric games right before the DMD was introduced.

That's sorta where pinball is at right now IMO

#1912 8 years ago

There's more than one way to innovate a pin and I can tell you that even with the DMD and no LCD, GB will make a believer in a lot of people. This thread is going to blow up so fast once it's revealed, personally I can't wait for you guys on the fence to see it.

I'm with mnpinball (for one, this guy knows what's going on) in the "days, not hours" for reveal. Maybe possibly a 20 second teaser with just the GB logo, but this would be new news.

#1913 8 years ago

Saw 40 new posts in a thread that's been really quiet. Thought there was an announcement. Hoping you guys are right about it being soon. I'm going for an LE. So many cool possibilities for this title. I was really hoping for the LCD especially after it was announced that all future games would have it.. Then got rescinded..
Any other hints guys in the know can say? How many LE's? Cabinet art? Color DMD?

#1914 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

one of the best and most prolific designers with ability to last for years and you dont think he has absolutely killed it with some of those titles???

#1915 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

John Trudeau
Rocky (Gottlieb, 1982)
Raven (Premier, 1986)
Victory (Premier, 1987)
Black Rose (Bally, 1992)
Congo (Williams, 1995)
Mustang (Stern, 2014)

You left off Spirit! A true masterpiece and a grail pin for a lot of collectors!
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2292

#1916 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yes there are some cool alpha numeric games I agree.
But I wouldn't want to buy $7000 alpha numeric games right before the DMD was introduced.
That's sorta where pinball is at right now IMO

+1

Was all set for a classic Ghostbusters theme, some comedy back in pinball and a color display. Despite my actual hesitation on Game of Thrones with the initial reveal, I played the Pro for the first time yesterday and....loved it.....I could set aside the dodgy translite and cabinet art work, even the playfield was ok, but that red display...so many video clips and they're all red dots when all I could think about was how good they would have looked in color. I know, you don't play the display, but you pay a lot of money for a pinball and expect it to rival every other competitor that has color now.

#1917 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

John Trudeau
Rocky (Gottlieb, 1982)
Raven (Premier, 1986)
Victory (Premier, 1987)
Black Rose (Bally, 1992)
Congo (Williams, 1995)
Mustang (Stern, 2014)

Have you not played these games or something? Did I miss the sarcasm? I don't think the industry has a more creative designer out there. Not every game has been a hit, but at least everything has been unique with many of them being great games. Perhaps you need to give them more of a chance.

#1918 8 years ago

Trivia: What pinball can be seen in the first movie!

#1919 8 years ago

Star Gazer?

#1921 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No LCD?
Weak AF
I don't want to be the asshole who buys the last ever DMD title. I truly believe LCD will make the DMD look like Alpha Numeric.

Couldn't say it any better than that. It's got to be one hell of a game to make me be the asshole that buys the last DMD game.

#1922 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Couldn't say it any better than that. It's got to be one hell of a game to make me be the asshole that buys the last DMD game.

It did give me pause buying GOT... potentially the last dmd game. I'll feel better when colordmd supports Spike, so at least that's an option.

#1923 8 years ago

I think it would be cool to own the last dmd game, the end or an era, but I have a love of history so perhaps I'm weird.

#1924 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It did give me pause buying GOT... potentially the last dmd game. I'll feel better when colordmd supports Spike, so at least that's an option.

True, there's always ColorDMD.....but it's still going to have to be a hell of a game. I wouldn't be buying it right away, so I can wait and see what else Stern churns out this year.

#1925 8 years ago

Maybe the issue with buying the last DMD game is not so much that it's the last, but if I buy GB can I also afford to buy the first colour LCD game? (Unless of course it's Aerosmith......but what a waste of a LCD that would be.)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1926 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

one of the best and most prolific designers with ability to last for years and you dont think he has absolutely killed it with some of those titles???

With some, sure. Others are horrible.

I hope he kills GB and it looks like he might have. He's not Ritchie or Borg today or ever so all I'm saying is it's not a slam dunk! And if you think it is just compare the recent and old history of all the designers.

#1927 8 years ago

Trudeau takes risks. He is inventive and creative. He's typically been screwed in the past by getting B rate themes and having to make them outstanding. Personally, I think he has a few of the best, most under-rated pins out there, especially if you factor in layout alone (who knows how much influence he really has over rules anyway (Congo, Judge Dredd, CFTBL, Mustang). I appreciate that he's not a cookie cutter designer.

#1928 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Ok .5 days honestly hope I'm wrong

In .5 days is the much anticipated Rob Zombie stream on Dead Flip. Are you saying something else is happening at the same time?

#1929 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

(Congo, Judge Dredd, CFTBL, Mustang). I appreciate that he's not a cookie cutter designer.

Me too. I'm hoping for more of the above. Creative and different, just not WWE different.

He's got a great theme to work with.

#1930 8 years ago

RIP DMD.

1991-2016

25 years. A good run. It's over.

#1931 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

In .5 days is the much anticipated Rob Zombie stream on Dead Flip. Are you saying something else is happening at the same time?

There's no evidence that GOT's development was affected by The Hobbit AT ALL. If Stern is going to ignore a major factory with ability to produce 1000's of games, with a similar theme even, I think people are reading too much into Stern reacting to an actual boutique run of 300 games.

#1932 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Creative and different, just not WWE different.

Lol, well yeah, every artist has their turd that helps make their masterpieces shine. (Even then WWE could be ALOT more fun if the rules were better).

#1933 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There's no evidence that GOT's development was affected by The Hobbit AT ALL. If Stern is going to ignore a major factory with ability to produce 1000's of games, with a similar theme even, I think people are reading too much into Stern reacting to an actual boutique run of 300 games.

I agree but it does feel a little fishy when Heighway has just gotten a lot of buzz with the playfield reveal of Alien. I thought GB wasn't gonna be announced til Feb. I'm gonna be skeptical till it actually happens.

#1934 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Lol, well yeah, every artist has their turd that helps make their masterpieces shine. (Even then WWE could be ALOT more fun if the rules were better).

ALL WWE needs is good coding to go along with it. The ring is actually pretty fun as a concept, but the rules absolutely stink and sad that it is still sitting how it is.

#1935 8 years ago

I can't wait to see this thing. Hopefully soon. Hopefully it is actually GB for that matter!

#1936 8 years ago

All that I have seen and heard has been amazing....I hope it all comes true....Ill reserve my comments on the LCD, as what I heard has been already discredited on the thread.

Will everything I heard happen? Lasers, Upper Playfield, Stay Puff Figure, Subways, dont know, dont work there, but Ill hope....

Very Excited, though.

#1937 8 years ago

I'm really hoping for a Premium. LE is a bit too rich for my blood, so it really depends on the delta between the Pro and Premium.

Either way, it's exciting to see a GB game.

#1938 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm really hoping for a Premium. LE is a bit too rich for my blood, so it really depends on the delta between the Pro and Premium.

I'm with you!

#1939 8 years ago

I've purchased 3 NIB Pro games, but GB may boot me from the 'Pro Whore Club' to 'Premium Snob Club.'

#1940 8 years ago

Please no red dots......

If Stern really can't innovate at least show some gumption and use GREEN dots to match the theme!

#1941 8 years ago

They can keep their goofy painted side rails, tiny Brother P-touch printed plaque, and autographed playfields. Just give me a full featured game.

#1942 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I really hope that they don't initially announce a Pro and LE, and then announce a Premium several weeks later. I would have to put down a sizeable non-refundable deposit to secure an LE if no premium is initially announced to ensure I get a full featured game, and I'll be very frustrated if a Premium is subsequently revealed - especially as I sometimes prefer the art-package on the Premium.

#1943 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I really hope that they don't initially announce a Pro and LE, and then announce a Premium several weeks later. I would have to put down a sizeable non-refundable deposit to secure an LE if no premium is initially announced to ensure I get a full featured game, and I'll be very frustrated if a Premium is subsequently revealed - especially as I sometimes prefer the art-package on the Premium!

lol, they are counting on this mentality. I can wait. If they don't make a premium, or a fully featured pro, they can shove off.

#1944 8 years ago

Yeah, Stern has done the LE and Pro release before only to later release the Premium (TWD).

It's a business model, so there's not a lot we can do other than speak with our wallets. I'm still hopeful for a Premium model.

#1945 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

lol, they are counting on this mentality. I can wait. If they don't make a premium, or a fully featured pro, they can shove off.

I know they are, and I hate myself for succumbing to this behaviour - unfortunately though I'm a sucker, Ghostbusters is a dream theme, and I live in England. Not many machines are imported, and if I don't go for an LE initially its likely they'll all be taken by the time a Premium is announced, and new Sterns don't come up for sale on the second hand market very often. Frustrating, but what can you do.

As an aside these are the prices for GoT Pro/Premium/LE over here:

Pro - $7,140
Premium - $9,715
LE - $11,140

Makes the prices you guys in the States pay seem like a bargain!

#1946 8 years ago

Jesus. Esp since they take so much in taxes from you guys

#1947 8 years ago

Anybody betting that they wait till 4:45PM to do the announcement to pull the thunder out of Spooky's sails? If there is even an announcement to be made today.

#1948 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Anybody betting that they wait till 4:45PM to do the announcement to pull the thunder out of Spooky's sails? If there is even an announcement to be made today.

Still seems too close to Spidey vault.

#1949 8 years ago

Why is there so much activity? Is a reveal happening soon? Can't seem to find any confirmation on that.

#1950 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Great my romantic weekend get away will be kicking off with pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.