• Premium 423 votes
    45%
  • LE 213 votes
    23%
  • Only if they offer one with the female Ghostbusetrs. 97 votes
    10%

(939 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,803 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic7 (resized).jpg
pic5 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170602_135331 (resized).jpg
flipper alignment 3 (resized).jpg
gb flipper alignment (resized).jpg
image2 (resized).JPG
IMGA0088 (resized).JPG
IMGA0087 (resized).JPG
terrordogs (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 359 of 360.
#17901 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

That is awesome, but it would freak me out too much to have vigo on my wall. He's one scary dude...

Put those follow you around 3d eyeballs on it and OMG.

1 week later
#17902 2 years ago

Hey gang,

If you are interested ... I put up a couple of "MOD" videos for Ghostbusters (recently uploaded part 2 today). I got the topper, side-rails, art blades and a handful of others over the two parts. Thanks!

PART 1

PART 2

1 week later
#17903 2 years ago

Whoops. Wrong thread. This is the speculation thread.

#17904 2 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang,
If you are interested ... I put up a couple of "MOD" videos for Ghostbusters (recently uploaded part 2 today). I got the topper, side-rails, art blades and a handful of others over the two parts. Thanks!
PART 1
» YouTube video
PART 2
» YouTube video

Your having fun fun, thanks for the vid.

2 weeks later
#17905 2 years ago

Sorry, if these have already been posted. Just saw these on Amazon for those who want some decent molded figures for modding:

IMG_0574 (resized).JPG

IMG_0575 (resized).JPG

#17906 2 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Sorry, if these have already been posted. Just saw these on Amazon for those who want some decent molded figures for modding:

A little too "young" looking. Maybe if you have little kids...

#17907 2 years ago

Gotta respectfully disagree. Those terror dogs look pretty decent. The female figures and vendor weren't really what I was pointing out. There are some other sets that have Stay Puft and an Ecto 1.

#17908 2 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Gotta respectfully disagree. Those terror dogs look pretty decent. The female figures and vendor weren't really what I was pointing out. There are some other sets that have Stay Puft and an Ecto 1.

Dunno. When you put an actual Series 1 terror dog figure against those kiddie ones, the difference is stark.

terrordogs (resized).jpg

#17909 2 years ago

I don't disagree with you on the Neca figures, however, since they are long out of production and run $100+ each, this $12.99 alternative for 2 is pretty decent.

#17910 2 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

I don't disagree with you on the Neca figures, however, since they are long out of production and run $100+ each, this $12.99 alternative for 2 is pretty decent.

You can get the Neca Terror dog figures used or out of package for $40-60, which ain't bad, and they look much better if you want a terror dog.

#17911 2 years ago

Is there a mod to help the ball from going straight down the middle if it goes to left near of the pop bumpers? Love the game and won't add a center post but I swear every time ball is hitting pop bumpers I'm praying go to the right!!!

#17912 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is there a mod to help the ball from going straight down the middle if it goes to left near of the pop bumpers? Love the game and won't add a center post but I swear every time ball is hitting pop bumpers I'm praying go to the right!!!

Mine doesn't do this but I have no idea why. The center post really doesn't make the game easy - it only saves about 20% of the time (my guess)

#17913 2 years ago

If i want to get a color DMD for this, where is the best place to purchase? I assume they do work right?

#17914 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

You can get the Neca Terror dog figures used or out of package for $40-60, which ain't bad, and they look much better if you want a terror dog.

Prefer the Neca, but here is another economical option:
amazon.com link »

#17915 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If i want to get a color DMD for this, where is the best place to purchase? I assume they do work right?

GB has not been 'colorized' yet for the Color DMD. Fingers crossed that it will happen sooner than later. GB would look pretty nice with a CDMD since it missed out on having an LCD display.

#17916 2 years ago

Agreed, though the word seems to be that more code updates are coming. I'm guessing color DMD may be delayed until the game is more finished?

#17917 2 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Prefer the Neca, but here is another economical option:
amazon.com link »

Looks almost like the Neca. At $25, this is a great option for anyone who wants Terror Dogs for their machine. Thanks for the link!

#17918 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Looks almost like the Neca. At $25, this is a great option for anyone who wants Terror Dogs for their machine. Thanks for the link!

7 inches? Thats kinda big.

#17919 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I've never heard that complaint.

#17920 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Quoted from vireland:

Small wonder.

#17921 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Quoted from vireland:

Quoted from fosaisu:

Small wonder.

Ho joke!

#17922 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Agreed, though the word seems to be that more code updates are coming. I'm guessing color DMD may be delayed until the game is more finished?

Sure, that's what they said about Star Trek. Still waiting.

#17923 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks Jady! Love to help, and may add a hex post inventory, especially if it reaches the guys at half price and under $5
shipping....Ill look into it further, I was messing with it to help a fellow pinhead here who needed income with a growing family, and only 6 pc minimum for me to buy and to still sell cheap!
I already added at home Nickel and brass acorn nuts.....would anyone use Brass Hex Posts, with Brass Nuts?

Sure, I would. For spotlight posts on GoT that are long and dull. If I could polish up some brass ones they would look trick.

1 week later
#17924 2 years ago

Anyone help. Thinking of picking up a GB premium new in box. I am not worried about a post down the middle or longer flippers the gap has never bothered me. However the flying balls (scoleri brothers targets?) and the bouncing over the out lane guides do. What are the must have mods or fixes one needs when buying out of box and can anyone pinpoint the best optional fixes and where to buy? Also has stern now fixed the the registering problem with slimmer? Anything else need to do right out of box cheers Bill

#17925 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anyone help. Thinking of picking up a GB premium new in box. I am not worried about a post down the middle or longer flippers the gap has never bothered me. However the flying balls (scoleri brothers targets?) and the bouncing over the out lane guides do. What are the must have mods or fixes one needs when buying out of box and can anyone pinpoint the best optional fixes and where to buy? Also has stern now fixed the the registering problem with slimmer? Anything else need to do right out of box cheers Bill

Excellent questions, ill be listening here too

#17926 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Mandatory:
You absolutely need a clear guard that covers the 2x / 3x standups on either side of the ramp. This is the biggest cause of gigantic airballs. I made my own, but there are some available here from oldpinguy that people seem to like.

You absolutely need a guard that goes over the outlanes so the ball doesn't hop the bar.

Recommended:
Get lollipop rails from pinball life. $60 a pair to protect your cabinet art around the flipper buttons.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

Get a shaker motor from pinball life $99, and GB uses it well. Make sure you get the one for SPIKE machines.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3710

You should get cliffy protectors for shooter lane (you can also use mylar), behind scoleri targets, and ball trough entrance. He has a GB set that's something like $95 shipped, I think.
www.passionforpinball.com

Optional:
You probably need to put a stronger spring on the scoleri bros targets to reduce the hard hit/no drop syndrome.

Official pinblades for Ghostbusters really look great on the machine:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4332

The glo-balls from Mezel Mods look great as a replacement for the 3 balls on the left and the one in the captive area. I used neon green, but some go with the hot pink to match the slime from GB 2:
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-glo-balls?variant=1300538840

Some say that removing the mylar from the right orbit shot makes that not rattle and come back down. I haven't done this, but there are a number that swear by it.

#17927 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

for me having a pro, build date Dec 16

- definitely the shooter lane protectors - cliffy
- drain protector - cliffy
- protectors at the back of scoleri brothers do contribute to airballs so I canned those
- x2 & x3 targets can do produce huge airballs, I designed wedges available at Shapeways to tilt them forward and reduces the air balls alot.
- I haven't experienced many ball hop to the outlanes - 1 hop in 600 games - though TaylorVA and Cliffy have teamed up and making extender lane guides in metal which look good
- flipper gap - you get used to it, though carrot flippers are slightly longer or I have done custom swappable flippers.
- slimer is good now - needs a firm and direct hard hit
- registered hits behind stay puft vary due to mylar on the corner and ball tends to skip over the switch there on high power shots

#17928 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anything else need to do right out of box cheers Bill

As insurance put the HD Williams leg bolt plates on the front legs. $10 from PBL.

IMGA0087 (resized).JPG

IMGA0088 (resized).JPG

#17929 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

You absolutely need a guard that goes over the outlanes so the ball doesn't hop the bar.

If you don't want the guards, you can use a punch and tap the inlane and outlane guides up about 1/4", that completely solved the problem on mine and many others on here. If it doesn't work on your machine, you can still add the guards, they work 100%.

#17930 2 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

If you don't want the guards, you can use a punch and tap the inlane and outlane guides up about 1/4", that completely solved the problem on mine and many others on here. If it doesn't work on your machine, you can still add the guards, they work 100%.

I tapped up first, but that didn't help a lot, maybe because I keep the machine waxed frequently for fast ball action. The guard took care of the issue. It's the best overall solution IMO.

#17931 2 years ago

Posted in the GB issues thread as well.

Stern has changed the flipper alignment to normal.

I said it over and over that the flippers are droopy and doesn't play correctly to the design of the field. People here kept saying that's the way it was ment to be because it came from the factory that way. I fixed my flippers so they are setup like all other new sterns. Shots were smoother and cleaner.

NOW:::: fresh from the stern factory. The flippers are coming out, aligned correctly. no more droopy flippers. Friend just bought a new premium and the flippers were setup like mine were.

The marker holes are still in the droopy spot, but they were installed so the holes were aligned with the bottom of the flipper plastic. Stern realized they screwed up and changed it.

#17932 2 years ago

My friend received a call to help Ernie Hudson set-up his new Ghostbusters Premium. He needed an appliance cart, so thankfully I got to tag along.

Nice guy and really enjoyed him taking the time to talk with us.

image2 (resized).JPG

#17933 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Posted in the GB issues thread as well.
Stern has changed the flipper alignment to normal.
I said it over and over that the flippers are droopy and doesn't play correctly to the design of the field. People here kept saying that's the way it was ment to be because it came from the factory that way. I fixed my flippers so they are setup like all other new sterns. Shots were smoother and cleaner.
NOW:::: fresh from the stern factory. The flippers are coming out, aligned correctly. no more droopy flippers. Friend just bought a new premium and the flippers were setup like mine were.
The marker holes are still in the droopy spot, but they were installed so the holes were aligned with the bottom of the flipper plastic. Stern realized they screwed up and changed it.

pics?

#17934 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

My friend received a call to help Ernie Hudson set-up his new Ghostbusters Premium. He needed an appliance cart, so thankfully I got to tag along.

Cool, how many games does he have.

#17935 2 years ago

gb flipper alignment (resized).jpg

flipper alignment 3 (resized).jpg

#17936 2 years ago

The left scoop in my GB premium has started to immediately kick the ball out without awarding anything--at least half the time. I tried bending the switch slightly upward, but if anything that just made it worse. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

#17937 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

The left scoop in my GB premium has started to immediately kick the ball out without awarding anything--at least half the time. I tried bending the switch slightly upward, but if anything that just made it worse. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

So it works in switch test? maybe it's always closed. Check what it does in test.

#17938 2 years ago

Yup...forgot to mention that it works fine in the switch test. I'll keep trying to adjust the switch unless anyone has another idea. Thanks again.

#17939 2 years ago

tested with the ball? So if you have tobins spirit guide lit, and you are not in a mode, it doesn't give it to you?

#17940 2 years ago

Right. The ball just immediately kicks out with nothing awarded (extra ball, Tobins, etc.).

#17941 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cool, how many games does he have.

Ghostbusters and Congo.

#17942 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

KISS does this sometimes. It's basically the switch making momentary contact but not holding. Adjusting the switch fixes it on KISS. Did you try switch test with a ball or your finger?

#17943 2 years ago

I think trial and error adjusting the switch took care of it. Thanks very much for the help.

#17944 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Now that's pretty farken cool!

#17945 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Ghostbusters and Congo.

two great games!

#17946 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

two great games!

He was in Congo too. Pretty cool that he has two games that correspond to movies he's acted in.

#17947 2 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

He was in Congo too. Pretty cool that he has two games that correspond to movies he's acted in.

That's not a coincidence, it was part of his payment for doing callouts.

1 week later
#17948 2 years ago

Just a quick tip for those of you looking to upgrade your shooter rod on a GBLE. I didn't like the specific rod that modfather made for GBLE (colors and pattern seem a bit boring/off), so I tried a Creature from the Black Lagoon modfather shooter rod and it matches up perfectly! Check it out.

Btw I wish we could merge both the GB threads together, I never know which one to post it (both are just as active), so sometimes I post the same thing in both.

IMG_20170602_135331 (resized).jpg

#17949 2 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

Just a quick tip for those of you looking to upgrade your shooter rod on a GBLE. I didn't like the specific rod that modfather made for GBLE (colors and pattern seem a bit boring/off), so I tried a Creature from the Black Lagoon modfather shooter rod and it matches up perfectly! Check it out.
Btw I wish we could merge both the GB threads together, I never know which one to post it (both are just as active), so sometimes I post the same thing in both.

i like it

#17950 2 years ago

So I guess it's a bit of an impossible question to answer, but with Dwight on Star Wars, are we thinking no more code updates then?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 26.50
There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 359 of 360.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside