IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 360.
#17851 7 years ago

Can anyone help me get one of those 1 5/8" hex posts shipped to Australia? Pinball Life are after $46.50 shipping, and others seem nearly as bad... Surely it can fit in a small envelope or similar?!

#17852 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

This is the one I like & use...

Hey Chuck, how does one print these? Is there a special file? I tried doing special cards years ago and they were way too large and had to cut off a lot to make it fit, which didn't look good.

Also, do you use photo paper?

Thx

#17853 7 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Can anyone help me get one of those 1 5/8" hex posts shipped to Australia? Pinball Life are after $46.50 shipping, and others seem nearly as bad... Surely it can fit in a small envelope or similar?!

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/254-5008-13.html

Says out of stock, so inquire with them on availability.

#17854 7 years ago

Is it a 6/32 post? If no Luck, I might be able to get local for you.....Send me a PM.
(If I can and do, would other people overseas need any?)

Ive been toying with adding hex posts for like $.50 each as a thought to Pinside Shops,
as I have a Local manufacturer.....

#17855 7 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

That is insane. Of course they can ship that cheaper. Just don't seem to want to.
I purchased an extra one when I got mine. So if you can't find one local or other place just pm me and we can work something out.

#17856 7 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

contact Nino at RTBB as he gets gear from Pinball Life and stocks that on RTBB, maybe he can add this otherwise good on you Art, if you do I will get a few of each size for a custom pinball project.

#17857 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

contact Nino at RTBB as he gets gear from Pinball Life and stocks that on RTBB, maybe he can add this otherwise good on you Art, if you do I will get a few of each size for a custom pinball project.

Thanks Jady! Love to help, and may add a hex post inventory, especially if it reaches the guys at half price and under $5
shipping....Ill look into it further, I was messing with it to help a fellow pinhead here who needed income with a growing family, and only 6 pc minimum for me to buy and to still sell cheap!

I already added at home Nickel and brass acorn nuts.....would anyone use Brass Hex Posts, with Brass Nuts?

#17858 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Hey Chuck, how does one print these? Is there a special file? I tried doing special cards years ago and they were way too large and had to cut off a lot to make it fit, which didn't look good.
Thx

You use a 4x6 photo card and print with no scaling. Then trim to fit. Very easy.

#17859 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Thx

As I recall , I used windows print set to 2 4x6 photos no scaling, print both on a 8x11 phot sheet.

#17860 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks Jady! Love to help, and may add a hex post inventory, especially if it reaches the guys at half price and under $5
shipping....Ill look into it further, I was messing with it to help a fellow pinhead here who needed income with a growing family, and only 6 pc minimum for me to buy and to still sell cheap!
I already added at home Nickel and brass acorn nuts.....would anyone use Brass Hex Posts, with Brass Nuts?

1/4 inch thick envelope is for USA addresses only
3/4 inch for international.
Plus if you use Paypal it looks like you can get a price break on shipping for 1st class International Envelope

#17861 7 years ago

Thanks for all the help guys, quite a few leads there to chase For something so common in pinball, I'm surprised they aren't so common to find here in Aus.

#17862 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

The USPS rule is .. to qualify as a letter with rigid object the letter must be no more than a 1/4" thick. The post is a 1/4" thick so this should work I'd no padding is used. But you can't just use asradars stamp. Rigid object raises the cost. Plus it has to be 1 oz or less.
The next option is 1st class international which is expensive for a single hex post. It's in the $20 range. You can calculate this usps.com

Hi Chuck,

A 4 oz Puff Pad to Australia runs about $5 in total postage and materials, and an average total of 15 minutes to process.
Many vendors, myself as well, would be charging $8-$12 for this.
The Cost jumps dramatically at 6oz, if memory serves. Any product variation requires different output, and customs codes, so for vendors that sell a bulb, rubber, and a board, it can add much time to the process, and $20 starting makes
perfect sense for cost and time.

#17863 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hi Chuck,
A 4 oz Puff Pad to Australia runs about $5 in total postage and materials, and an average total of 15 minutes to process.
Many vendors, myself as well, would be charging $8-$12 for this.
The Cost jumps dramatically at 6oz, if memory serves. Any product variation requires different output, and customs codes, so for vendors that sell a bulb, rubber, and a board, it can add much time to the process, and $20 starting makes
perfect sense for cost and time.

Hi Art, What is the ship method you are using in this example? It must be something I've never used.
Also.. Are you able to purchase this ship method online via USPS.com?
I use 1st class international as my cheapest method with a free tracking option & can be purchased online.

I suspect this is what you are using--
Online purchase Click-N-Ship® - not available
First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope**
Max. length 15", height 12" or thickness 3/4"
$5.10 postage: not including ship materials and time.

#17864 7 years ago

Im using Paypal shipping.

In some ways, its easier and cheaper.

An example. I sell the plastic on Ebay International, Even without their cross shipping,
purchasing shipping from the Ebay shipping screen is more than through Paypal.

Its less than $5.10, by almost a buck.

#17865 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

An example. I sell the plastic on Ebay International, Even without their cross shipping,

Happy Art's products customer here in Aus
Looking forward to the GB airball protector next.

#17866 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Interesting.. Are you using that new paypal ship method (1st class international envelope)??
I've seen it but the price was so cheap I was nervous about trying it.

#17867 7 years ago

Hey Everyone ! Has anyone noticed the right ramp adds so much spin on the ball that it will actually lands on the play-field and then spin it to the outer drain lane? This has been happening a lot for me. Any tweaks to stop this?

#17868 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Hey Everyone ! Has anyone noticed the right ramp adds so much spin on the ball that it will actually lands on the play-field and then spin it to the outer drain lane? This has been happening a lot for me. Any tweaks to stop this?

Yes, I've noticed this! I tweaked the ramp positioning slightly (not much give, but figure every bit helps) to drop the ball as low/right as possible, but the big difference for me all around was increasing playfield to about 7.1 degrees or so. I haven't seen that happen since -- it will occasionally roll to the middle lane. The increase not only helped this problem, but helped with airballs and balls staying in the pops too long.

#17869 7 years ago

Had a couple of friends over last night and we played GB for 7 hours and didn't want to stop but it was like 5am so we had to. We had an absolute blast and the magna slings are a riot. I own TWD and GOT also and those are two of the best pins made but i gotta tell ya, its Ghostbusters Premium for the win! The wide flipper gap does kind of suck and I wish it wasn't that way but the game still kicks ass! GB is just flat out fun!

#17870 7 years ago

Get the center post it at pinball life or little shop of games.

#17871 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Yes, I've noticed this! I tweaked the ramp positioning slightly (not much give, but figure every bit helps) to drop the ball as low/right as possible, but the big difference for me all around was increasing playfield to about 7.1 degrees or so. I haven't seen that happen since -- it will occasionally roll to the middle lane. The increase not only helped this problem, but helped with airballs and balls staying in the pops too long.

Thanks bhwolf ! I'll revisit by ramp position.
Has any one tried to bend the bolt-down part of the ramp over the lane to angle the ball drop inward/downward more.
Not sure how 'bendable' this part is without damaging the silver coating or breaking it.

#17872 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Get the center post it at pinball life or little shop of games.

This game should have came with a center post for sure, it would have made it more fun. I'm just funny about adding it though because I like to play games the way that they were intended to be played. I shouldn't be that way but I can't help it.

#17873 7 years ago

Anyone have a picture with the stern blades installed? Thanks.

#17874 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game should have came with a center post for sure, it would have made it more fun. I'm just funny about adding it though because I like to play games the way that they were intended to be played. I shouldn't be that way but I can't help it.

It's your machine. You can do whatever you want. There was a lot of things they should have done from the factory that they didn't. ie airball protector, eject strength etc...When you make adjustments to the angle, eject settings in service mode, raising outlaines, and center post install it makes the game much more enjoyable. I remember playing this game at the pinball museum in Vegas last year and I was like this was such a cool game but drains way to much and drains that you just cant even control. With all the mods, center post, upgrade code and adjustments this could be one of the 5 sterns of all time.

#17875 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Anyone have a picture with the stern blades installed? Thanks.

Here ya go, they look great. Now if they were light up Power Blades.

IMGA0566 (resized).JPGIMGA0566 (resized).JPG
IMGA0567 (resized).JPGIMGA0567 (resized).JPG

#17876 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here ya go, they look great. Now if they were light up Power Blades.

Wow, that damn sure does look great! Awesome man!

#17877 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow, that damn sure does look great! Awesome man!

Oh yeah, ya can't go wrong with these. But be careful, once there down they are DOWN, no removing and trying again.

IMGA0566 (resized).JPGIMGA0566 (resized).JPG

IMGA0567 (resized).JPGIMGA0567 (resized).JPG

#17878 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I feel the SAME exact way. I actually own the center post but felt funny installing it b/c that's not how the game should be played. It's like using game genie on a videogame. Something about it kills me.

...and it's not the same as adding protection, etc. That doesn't directly impact like a center post would. With all that said of course you can do whatever you want as you bought it but for me, i cant.

I also installed those side blades from stern and they make a big diff. Can't even imagine not having them.

#17879 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

With all the mods, center post, upgrade code and adjustments this could be one of the 5 sterns of all time.

Agree, I did a lot of small adjustments. Airball plastic, titan rubbers, center post, Scolari brothers Springs, Slimer adjustment, outlane rails, hex post right ramp, flipperbat angle, overall angle, so now I am finally on a level that this machine is awesome. It plays great, the drains are fair, the ball is predictable. When I just bought it, I never played it that much it wasn't the one I started with while it is my newest game. Now this is one off my favorite games a must play each day. All these adjustments should have been factory default.

#17880 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Agree, I did a lot of small adjustments. Airball plastic, titan rubbers, center post, Scolari brothers Springs, Slimer adjustment, outlane rails, hex post right ramp, flipperbat angle, overall angle, so now I am finally on a level that this machine is awesome. It plays great, the drains are fair, the ball is predictable. When I just bought it, I never played it that much it wasn't the one I started with while it is my newest game. Now this is one off my favorite games a must play each day. All these adjustments should have been factory default.

Can you comment on the flipperbat and overal angle adjustments you've made?
What did you do exactly?

#17881 7 years ago

Flipperbats are not in line with the lane plastic on a new machine. They look a bit low, aligned towards the bottom, bit droopy. I aligned them with the lane plastic. So that is in line now. Your first shots will feel different but finally I think it is better and all shot can be made easily even the pke targets and the pke ramp

#17883 7 years ago

There are a lot of people who really like this game it seems. There are some that really don't. The ones that don't tend to say that it is because of the "cheapness" of the drains and things like that.

I love difficult games. I find Trudeau's JD a super awesome, although quite difficult game and it has a giant flipper gap. I find IM super awesome although quite difficult, but don't find it's drains to be "cheap."

I realize that asking in this thread will get me the opinion of a lot of owners, but I think that could be good - is the dislike of the game generated because people dislike how hard it is, or does it really have some "cheap" stuff in it? If it is actually "cheap", how does it show that.

(And, for the record, I mean "cheap" as what I have seen others say about it - uncontrollable drains, impossible bounces, airballs that go into the outlane, etc.)

#17884 7 years ago

For some, its the theme.

For others, playing say under 50-100 games, the nuances feel "cheap"
imo, because of inexperience.

(I had center drains, put on a post, solved that, then after 3 months took it off...didnt need it, as I learned the game)

Yet some dont like it for shots or code.

Nothing "cheap" in its build, you have just heard the universal issues, and all are solved, if one wants to.

I have mine 8 months, and feel its the game that I would call "The most fun", of all that I have ever owned!
(WH2O is close second, imo)

#17885 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

There are a lot of people who really like this game it seems. There are some that really don't. The ones that don't tend to say that it is because of the "cheapness" of the drains and things like that.
I love difficult games. I find Trudeau's JD a super awesome, although quite difficult game and it has a giant flipper gap. I find IM super awesome although quite difficult, but don't find it's drains to be "cheap."
I realize that asking in this thread will get me the opinion of a lot of owners, but I think that could be good - is the dislike of the game generated because people dislike how hard it is, or does it really have some "cheap" stuff in it? If it is actually "cheap", how does it show that.
(And, for the record, I mean "cheap" as what I have seen others say about it - uncontrollable drains, impossible bounces, airballs that go into the outlane, etc.)

If you don't mind difficult games you will love Ghostbusters. I can see why a person who isn't so good at pinball might not like this game because it's brutal to say the least. With that being said I also own TWD and GOT which are both fantastic pins and I can't recommend them enough, but if I could only keep one game it would be my GB Premium. It is beautiful and has killer sound, light show, art package, and it's just fun as hell. It's a very special pin for sure. Once you play it for awhile you get better at it. You will have more bad games than good also, but man when you have a good game going it's nothing short of amazing. If you buy one you won't regret it.

2 weeks later
#17886 7 years ago

a new family member

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg

IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg

IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg

IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg

#17887 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you don't mind difficult games you will love Ghostbusters. I can see why a person who isn't so good at pinball might not like this game because it's brutal to say the least. With that being said I also own TWD and GOT which are both fantastic pins and I can't recommend them enough, but if I could only keep one game it would be my GB Premium. It is beautiful and has killer sound, light show, art package, and it's just fun as hell. It's a very special pin for sure. Once you play it for awhile you get better at it. You will have more bad games than good also, but man when you have a good game going it's nothing short of amazing. If you buy one you won't regret it.

Yes for some it's brutal but a friend played my Pro last weekend, never even seeing it before and not knowing the rules he put up over 200 million.

#17888 7 years ago

The game is very difficult for beginners like me. I picked up an LE in Dec 2016, and my average score on a good day is 50million. And that is with a centre post (pinball life) and moved down outlane posts (god why did Stern make these so hard to move!?!?!). It can be very frustrating sometimes when your 3-ball game only lasts 2 minutes, but when you are on a roll, it is so intense and satisfying.

My top score is 1.3 billion which is decent, but my 2nd highest score is only 600million, so that was a fluke. This is with about 1000 plays so far.

I can't seem to progress very far into the modes and have yet to finish a ladder and reach WCWS lol.

But for me it's the artwork, lighting, and sounds that make this game worth it. The modes have hands down the best music (with the exception of the metal music in terror dog, ugh) in all of pinball. Also love the call outs from Ernie Hudson.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

#17889 7 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

The game is very difficult for beginners like me. I picked up an LE in Dec 2016, and my average score on a good day is 50million. And that is with a centre post (pinball life) and moved down outlane posts (god why did Stern make these so hard to move!?!?!). It can be very frustrating sometimes when your 3-ball game only lasts 2 minutes, but when you are on a roll, it is so intense and satisfying.
My top score is 1.3 billion which is decent, but my 2nd highest score is only 600million, so that was a fluke. This is with about 1000 plays so far.
I can't seem to progress very far into the modes and have yet to finish a ladder and reach WCWS lol.
But for me it's the artwork, lighting, and sounds that make this game worth it. The modes have hands down the best music (with the exception of the metal music in terror dog, ugh) in all of pinball. Also love the call outs from Ernie Hudson.

Good review and very true. I had a friend over last week that hasnt played pinball since the 70's and he couldn't get enough of Ghostbusters. He isnt very good at pinball at all but hes good enough to where he had a few good games and got on a good run a few times. Ghostbusters with its lights, sounds, music, and artwork is seriously a magical experience compared to any other game that ive ever played. The game never ever leaves my collection no way in hell.

#17890 7 years ago

just replaced my Coin Taker Tremor shaker with the coin Taker shaker that shakes 30% less. Red Tremor was too violent shaking and might have worked if the game had the adjustments for the shaker working.

The new shaker works great!!!!

#17891 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

just replaced my Coin Taker Tremor shaker with the coin Taker shaker that shakes 30% less. Red Tremor was too violent shaking and might have worked if the game had the adjustments for the shaker working.
The new shaker works great!!!!

Is the weight/weights adjustable on the Tremor? I don't know just asking.

#17892 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is the weight/weights adjustable on the Tremor? I don't know just asking.

Yes, they can be adjusted, but even then the Red Tremor is more like a jackhammer than a pleasant rolling vibration. A machine I got had one - I hate it. I would never buy one. Get the Stern one or one from Pinball life. You'll be much happier.

#17893 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, they can be adjusted, but even then the Red Tremor is more like a jackhammer than a pleasant rolling vibration. A machine I got had one - I hate it. I would never buy one. Get the Stern one or one from Pinball life. You'll be much happier.

I have the Stern Shaker and I felt I had to adjust it to 50% . It was just too darn shaky at 100% , but at 50% , its perfect for me.

#17894 7 years ago

Personally I love a strong shaker motor..

#17895 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Personally I love a strong shaker motor..

personally i like a mover and a shaker!

#17896 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I have the Stern Shaker and I felt I had to adjust it to 50% . It was just too darn shaky at 100% , but at 50% , its perfect for me.

You would have detested a Red Tremor, then. It's at least 3x harder shaking than a Stern one, and it's more of a jackhammer-y feel than a vibration.

#17897 7 years ago

I have noticed after installing latest and greatest code. 1.13 that Tobin's Spirit Guide no longer works as advertised.

After 20 Ghost are collected - Tobin's Spirit Guide does not light up nor is it active. Not a LED issue.

Does anybody else notice this issue? I have noted one other in another thread. Contacting Stern.

#17898 7 years ago

Its a known bug, where other modes running keep it from lighting....hopefully fixed in next update.

#17899 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I actually like the wide gap. I feel the game would be too easy otherwise.

Have you tried putting Superbands on your flippers? I feel like it enabled me to grab the ball further down the flipper. I feel like it helps me knock the ball on the flipper edge to avoid drains.

maybe its in my head but I feel like they have helped.

2 weeks later
#17900 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

a new family member

That is awesome, but it would freak me out too much to have vigo on my wall. He's one scary dude...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

15,699 (OBO)
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/358?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.