IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 357 of 360.
#17801 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

nvm. The 2 bottom pieces were hiding out.

But where do you put it?

#17802 7 years ago

I can't see!!!!!

When I get a multiball the flashers next to the slings are blinding. I hope engineering adds an adjustment so that we can lower the brightness.

Chaz at Stern has a request in, but haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone else having this issue?

I heard past games had this adjustment

#17803 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I can't see!!!!!
When I get a multiball the flashers next to the slings are blinding. I hope engineering adds an adjustment so that we can lower the brightness.

i consider it part of the game! i like the challenge !

#17804 7 years ago

just played another game and I need to put something above the LED's like colored paper or something.

Stern's new games, i.e. Aerosmith have RGBs all the way through and they missed the mark on GB not putting them in....it would have been a stellar game and in my opinion in the top 10 with those, plus fixing the flipper gap, the bounce issues, and throwing in a LCD, plus outlanes....by far it would have been great....just my opinion

Too Bad they rushed it to make money, instead they should have postponed it 2 games and made it great and then they could have said yeah, we have one of the best releases in 20 years.....oh well

#17805 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Too Bad they rushed it to make money, instead they should have postponed it 2 games and made it great and then they could have said yeah, we have one of the best releases in 20 years.....oh well

Why would you assume it's not 100% the way they wanted it to be?....playfield issues aside.

#17806 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

just played another game and I need to put something above the LED's like colored paper or something.
Stern's new games, i.e. Aerosmith have RGBs all the way through and they missed the mark on GB not putting them in....it would have been a stellar game and in my opinion in the top 10 with those, plus fixing the flipper gap, the bounce issues, and throwing in a LCD, plus outlanes....by far it would have been great....just my opinion

It already is one of the best games in the last 20 years! Ghostbusters rocks!

#17807 7 years ago

According to the matrix sheet, Aerosmith has 25 RGB LEDS (if you count the bumper)and the rest are white LEDS on the PRO/PREM/LE.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/aerosmith/pro/Aerosmith%20Features%20Matrix.pdf

Quoted from 3pinballs:

#17808 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It already is one of the best games in the last 20 years! Ghostbusters rocks!

Totally agree...I love it, but I'm putting on carrot flippers in the near future.

#17809 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

According to the matrix sheet, Aerosmith has 25 RGB LEDS (if you count the bumper)and the rest are white LEDS on the PRO/PREM/LE.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/aerosmith/pro/Aerosmith%20Features%20Matrix.pdf

25 is better than the 7 they have in GB

#17810 7 years ago

Definitely, but you were saying 'all through'. 25 lamps of 80 in this case are RGB. I guess the last full Stern rgb game was Star Trek Premium/LE?

Quoted from 3pinballs:

25 is better than the 7 they have in GB

#17812 7 years ago

I recently within the last month or so updated my ghostbusters pin too 1.13, I noticed yesterday the right flipper is now sticking. Is this a update issue? Is there a way of fixing the problem without going back to the old software?

#17813 7 years ago
Quoted from beepbeep:

I recently within the last month or so updated my ghostbusters pin too 1.13, I noticed yesterday the right flipper is now sticking. Is this a update issue? Is there a way of fixing the problem without going back to the old software?

It's not software, you have a hardware problem. Check the EOS switch first, and if that's okay, check the coil stop and for a loose rivet, and that all the hardware is secure and not wobbly.

#17814 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

It's not software, you have a hardware problem. Check the EOS switch first, and if that's okay, check the coil stop and for a loose rivet, and that all the hardware is secure and not wobbly.

I found the issue it was a broken return spring, I called Stern and they are sending me a couple at no charge...Thanks for the help spidey!

#17815 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Definitely, but you were saying 'all through'. 25 lamps of 80 in this case are RGB. I guess the last full Stern rgb game was Star Trek Premium/LE?

Game of Thrones Premium / LE - All inserts and pops are RGB

Eric

#17816 7 years ago

In regards to RGB, this all adds to the bill of materials. I suspect in GB is was not done in lieu of all the great toys it has.

#17817 7 years ago

Well I updated to 1.13, added the centerpost plastic, switched the springs on the scolari brothers, one is now a stronger version, added the airball plastic, pushed the outlines a bit and played around with the levelling of the machine. No need for carrot flippers. Only adjustment I need to make is change the hex post under the right ramp. After all that work this machine is playing great! Fast, fun, I like the multi ball call outs, I like the modes, that you can go on and not have to start again. This is really a great machine, hope they get the issues with playfield right. Then the premium would be a great way to go. But you will have to make some adjustments yourself.

#17818 7 years ago

Who's centerpost kit did you use? Little shop of pinball or pinball life's ? Also, to make the adjustment to the hex post right ramp did you have to buy anything to do it? If so what and where did you buy it?

#17819 7 years ago

How many balls does this game take, is it 6?

#17820 7 years ago

Does anybody know if the longer piece of clear plastic that covers the left ramp,is for sale anywhere???Thanks!!

#17821 7 years ago

My centerpost kit was from Pinball Universe in Germany but I think these are sold in the US also.
For the HEX post you need a - Hex Spacer 1/4" x 1-5/8" - 41,3mm - F-F #6-32 taps - Steel Chromed - see previous posts in this forum on that. That can be bought by various sites.

#17822 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

...No need for carrot flippers...

quite logical as you're already with the center post

#17823 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How many balls does this game take, is it 6?

yup, 6

#17824 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

My centerpost kit was from Pinball Universe in Germany but I think these are sold in the US also.
For the HEX post you need a - Hex Spacer 1/4" x 1-5/8" - 41,3mm - F-F #6-32 taps - Steel Chromed - see previous posts in this forum on that. That can be bought by various sites.

I search the forum but could find where ti talks about this in more detail. Would you be so kind as to tell me the post# in the thread so I can easily locate it?

Thanks for your help!

#17825 7 years ago

That will be post #1888 in the Ghostbusters Issue Thread. Do a search on Hex Spacer and you will find that thread
I do not know how to link to that?

#17826 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I can't see!!!!!

I agree 100%, I have the flashers turned down to the low setting and they are still way too bright, it really blinds me during the multiball

#17827 7 years ago

Ah thank you. I found it. I search pinball life and Marco, but couldn't find that part for sale. Looks like something a hardware store might have but Do you have a link to someone that has it in the US?

Thanks again for your help.

#17828 7 years ago

Here you go - I do not know many US sellers but this one I know.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MP-254-5008-13

$0.90 - a bargain

#17829 7 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I agree 100%, I have the flashers turned down to the low setting and they are still way too bright, it really blinds me during the multiball

One way to deal with the bright flashers is turn some lights on in the room. Its really about the harsh change in light.

(option 2) Some people have put a filter such as green electrical tape under the playfield / over the flasher to reduce the intensity.

#17830 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Ah thank you. I found it. I search pinball life and Marco, but couldn't find that part for sale. Looks like something a hardware store might have but Do you have a link to someone that has it in the US?
Thanks again for your help.

Pinball-Life has them. Its a 6-32 hex spacer (various lengths)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=358

or search hex 6-32 in the pinballlife.com page.

#17831 7 years ago

Anyone have a source for GB "Free Play" cards? - not the "rules" card.

#17832 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Anyone have a source for GB "Free Play" cards? - not the "rules" card.

This is the one I like & use...

GBLE-SLIME CARD (resized).jpgGBLE-SLIME CARD (resized).jpg
GBLE INST CARD (resized).jpgGBLE INST CARD (resized).jpg

#17833 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

This is the one I like & use...

Would love that without the "free play", anyone have the original vector file?

#17834 7 years ago

Oops, blew the Coil for the subway eject during some maintenance. Now this is a 090-5036-ND but I can't find the ND version easily. Can it be replaced by one with a diode? I see two version 090-5036-01 or 090-5036-OT what is the difference between these and are these interchangeable?

#17835 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Would love that without the "free play", anyone have the original vector file?

Where do you get those cards Chuck? They look great!

#17836 7 years ago

Thanks Chuck for the "Free Play" card!

#17837 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A great pinsider shared this card quite some time back. cannot recall who. It was posted direct to Pinside.

#17838 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This site does not have the card I posted, but it does have several card options for GB.
http://www.pinballcards.com/

#17839 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

This site does not have the card I posted, but it does have several card options for GB.
http://www.pinballcards.com/

I found the original poster was Namsan, I asked if he still had the file and would be willing to shoot it over. I'd like to remove the "Free Play" and change it to a credits card. I used to have free play pricing cards on all my games but then decided that it was a little silly since all my games are obviously on free play. I prefer to stick with a credits and instruction card on my pins now.

#17840 7 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find raw metal lollipop side Rails? ??

#17841 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Oops, blew the Coil for the subway eject during some maintenance. Now this is a 090-5036-ND but I can't find the ND version easily. Can it be replaced by one with a diode? I see two version 090-5036-01 or 090-5036-OT what is the difference between these and are these interchangeable?

You can just cut the diode off. It is easier just to stock with the diode and have people cut them off then carry more types.

#17842 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Does anyone know where I can find raw metal lollipop side Rails? ??

PBL has them, they are the ones without the screw holes in them. That's what I have on my GB Pro and other games. $57 + shipping if I remember right.

#17843 7 years ago

Thanks paul ,
I couldn't find them , any chance you have a link?
I find that pbl website hard to navigate.

#17844 7 years ago

I found these but they don't look right .
The area around the flipper button is different.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

#17845 7 years ago

Yup those are the ones. They are the ones the Refinery puts on their games, no holes on the curved end. They even fit on my Sega Batman Forever.

#17846 7 years ago

So if I buy a new pro today will I still have all these issues? I've play an upgraded pro with center post and a few other things. Definitely a fast and fun game.

Where is best place to buy? Seems like direct from stern is $500 more than anywhere else.

#17847 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

So if I buy a new pro today will I still have all these issues?

Ya never know, mine was one of the first in the first run NIB and it was perfect right out of the box and still is. I have the center post and it makes the game much more fun especially for new to pinball players.

Coin Taker is not to far from you so you should go there. Great price and service. You might be able to pick it up and save some $$$. I don't know this for sure but you could ask.

#17848 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup those are the ones. They are the ones the Refinery puts on their games, no holes on the curved end. They even fit on my Sega Batman Forever.

Thank you

#17849 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

So if I buy a new pro today will I still have all these issues? I've play an upgraded pro with center post and a few other things. Definitely a fast and fun game.
Where is best place to buy? Seems like direct from stern is $500 more than anywhere else.

Everyone will have a different answer but there are tons of good distributers out there.
I use The Game Exchange of Colorado and Cointaker

#17850 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

pitts here and got mine from Trent (Tilt Amusement). Very happy with transaction and no issues whatsoever with the table/PF if that matters (bought in Sept). As many said though, a lot of other good choices (Cointaker, etc).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 357 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/357?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.