IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 354 of 360.
#17651 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I think you can remove that, that is not on mine GBLE. It is just a hole, no screw, now that I look at it for the first time

Thanks Peter. I wonder what they originally had planned to go there.

#17652 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just got the Library building from Marco and will be putting it on my Pro and was wondering if any Pro owners have put one on. In the second picture what is that screw for? Thanks

I bought the Mezel Library building for my GB Pro. It went on very easy and I am happy with it. This one also looks nice but appears to be much wider than the Mezel Library. I have no idea what that screw is used for.

#17654 7 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

I bought the Mezel Library building for my GB Pro. It went on very easy and I am happy with it. This one also looks nice but appears to be much wider than the Mezel Library. I have no idea what that screw is used for.

Yes it is wider, that's what I like about it. It's what comes stock on the Premium and LE.

#17655 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok, so I am close to ordering and really torn between the Pro and Premium.
I am aware of what the physical differences are, but perhaps someone could chime in and tell me if there are any game mode differences Pro vs. Premium?
Hope that makes sense...

I ordered a Pro and after putting about 4 hours on both a Pro and Premium, I called and upgraded my order to the Premium. For the price difference it was worth if for me because the subway, how slimer swings out, the ramp difference and a few other things. I don't get my GBPre until March but feel like I made the right choice.

Your post is about a month old. What did you decide Rager170?

#17656 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I ordered a Pro and after putting about 4 hours on both a Pro and Premium, I called and upgraded my order to the Premium. For the price difference it was worth if for me because the subway, how slimer swings out, the ramp difference and a few other things. I don't get my GBPre until March but feel like I made the right choice.

Game Exchange has Premiums in stock ready to ship now.

#17657 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I think an interesting way now to look at this question and in the future, is which version is the designers choice.

Did they design a Pro, and then add, to make a Premium? or Did the Designer create a Premium, and the result was what can we take away from a game to reach a price point and a Pro Version.

I think many games released the pro is as good, or even better than a Premium, especially when funds are considered.
IMO, I cant imagine a Pro version on this, based on playing both.

Im sure, however, Pro owners are quite happy, and rightfully so. Its still a New Pin, and Im in for my 6th month, having just played TWD
last night for the first time in 6 months.

I completely forgot about how different they play! Both great in their own way!

(Sorry, I know you didnt ask for my opinion )

#17658 7 years ago

"I think many games released the pro is as good, or even better than a Premium, especially when funds are considered."

Agree @oldpinguy. I ordered a GB and Met PRO at the same time. Put hours and hours on Premium of both GB and Met and only upgraded the GB. Personal choice which was made with some of the suggestions you make; For me the Metallica Pro is similar to Premium and not worth the extra money where the GB was. *Note - I'm paying $1500 flat-all-in increase for the GB Pro to Premium.

Please note, I'm new at pinball and don't always make choices on "best resale value". These are for my personal game room so decisions are solely what I can afford vs personal enjoyment.

Also note, the delay in receiving my Met Pro and GB Premium are my own choice due to a great price related to picking them up at Arcade Expo. I won't give the prices here on the Forum but if you plan to be at Arcade Expo in Banning, CA in March and looking for a new Stern pin, PM me for the "deal" I was offered.

#17659 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Why are you waiting until March? A number of dists have Premiums at reasonable prices to ship now.

#17660 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why are you waiting until March? A number of dists have Premiums at reasonable prices to ship now.

I think he answered that.

#17661 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think he answered that.

Yeah, I was reading and answering in order. Got to the reason after I initially answered. I sincerely doubt the "deal" he's getting is enough to warrant a 3 month wait.

#17662 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think an interesting way now to look at this question and in the future, is which version is the designers choice.
Did they design a Pro, and then add, to make a Premium? or Did the Designer create a Premium, and the result was what can we take away from a game to reach a price point and a Pro Version.
I think many games released the pro is as good, or even better than a Premium, especially when funds are considered.
IMO, I cant imagine a Pro version on this, based on playing both.
Im sure, however, Pro owners are quite happy, and rightfully so. Its still a New Pin, and Im in for my 6th month, having just played TWD
last night for the first time in 6 months.
I completely forgot about how different they play! Both great in their own way!
(Sorry, I know you didnt ask for my opinion )

the ONLY thing i'm missing on my PRO is the subway with the real lock under the PF
all the others stuffs are just no matter for me, and even more, i'm happy to not have the slimer going right & left !

#17663 7 years ago

Well you know, my friend, nothing is absolute in opinions on Pins.

Just my logic to start...a vision from a designer.

I think in the end, when the debate started over anything different than one model, we all have won, with more choices!

#17664 7 years ago

Sorry guys, didn't try to make this some top secret "deal" nor was I trying to brag about something. This is not that big of deal. Marco Specialties is a exhibitor at the Arcade Expo and they have a certain amount of machines they bring at a flat rate charge for Pros and Premiums. That's the deal. For me, it was a great way to add two new machines without killing my wallet.

The delay is not something I wanted but when Arcade Expo was postponed from January to March then my two machines were delayed too and I'm good with it. It gave me a two extra months to pay (like a lay away). The delay also allowed me to discover I wanted the GB Premium and was able to upgrade.

#17666 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Just saw this... I got my Premium a couple weeks ago and love it!!! Id buy the Premium again just to have the magna slings, i love them.

Very happy with the machine. Havent had the ball jump lanes once. Added all of the cliffys, fixed the airball issue by putting foam padding behind those targets, have my autolauncher spring in the mail as that definitely needs to be replaced... Now my only minor annoyance is that I do get airballs off the ramp from time to time but the ball always lands in teh back left corner and it rolls out. Plastic will break eventually but at least you cant see it.

Anyone have a fix for that?

#17667 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Just saw this... I got my Premium a couple weeks ago and love it!!! Id buy the Premium again just to have the magna slings, i love them.
Very happy with the machine. Havent had the ball jump lanes once. Added all of the cliffys, fixed the airball issue by putting foam padding behind those targets, have my autolauncher spring in the mail as that definitely needs to be replaced... Now my only minor annoyance is that I do get airballs off the ramp from time to time but the ball always lands in teh back left corner and it rolls out. Plastic will break eventually but at least you cant see it.
Anyone have a fix for that?

Which is the right autolaunch spring and where did you order it? Thanks.

#17668 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Which is the right autolaunch spring and where did you order it? Thanks.

Here you go:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/29#post-3411241

#17669 7 years ago

Thanks. Did you use the one referred to as the heavier spring or the finer gauge one with 10 coils?

#17670 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Thanks. Did you use the one referred to as the heavier spring or the finer gauge one with 10 coils?

I bought the heavier gauge.

#17671 7 years ago

I have another small batch of Terror dogs ready to ship.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-terror-dog-mod

I also released a new mod today, the Ghostbusters PKE Meter. It's designed after the PKE Meter from the original Ghostbusters and made to mount somewhere around the PKE ramp. I have a batch ready to ship tomorrow morning.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pke-meter-mod

29105670376_194c549f2a_z (resized).jpg29105670376_194c549f2a_z (resized).jpg28519922223_5471bb7a17_z (resized).jpg28519922223_5471bb7a17_z (resized).jpg

#17672 7 years ago

Thumbs Up on these 2 Ghostbusters items from Pinside Members.
Terror Dogs from Meph
Out-lane Guards from OldPinGuy.

* The Dogs look great and fit nicely above Gozer. Color looks just like the movie and the size is perfect.

* Art's Outlane Guard is easy to install, polished edge, and has a nice invisible appearance. The holes line up with no issues.
dogs2B (resized).jpgdogs2B (resized).jpg
outlanes-art (resized).jpgoutlanes-art (resized).jpg

#17673 7 years ago

Thabk you, Chuck!

I think they are a no brainer, help so much, and preserve the artwork, while protecting the whole sling plastic!
I also wanted them affordable at only $25 a pair.
I wish my wife had taken a picture of me covered in plastic snow cutting dozens by hand until I was happy!
The blisters took weeks to heal.
Next time, im buying a saw.

#17674 7 years ago

Thanks Chuck, i'm glad you like the dogs. They do look great there.

#17675 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Thanks Chuck, i'm glad you like the dogs. They do look great there.

A cool thing about this location is the varied light show that lights them & strobes them at different times in the game.
The location works nice also for being in your field of view while playing yet not at all in the way or covering any art work.

#17676 7 years ago

prob my fav mod yet!!! ecto cooler! It's a magnet from ebay - $5 and stays on by itself.

20170107_203055 (resized).jpg20170107_203055 (resized).jpg
20170107_203100 (resized).jpg20170107_203100 (resized).jpg

#17678 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thabk you, Chuck!
I think they are a no brainer, help so much, and preserve the artwork, while protecting the whole sling plastic!
I wish my wife had taken a picture of me covered in plastic snow cutting dozens by hand until I was happy!

Any chance you're going to make some for Pros?

#17679 7 years ago

I dont believe so, as it doesnt appear anyone around me can lend me a game for a few weeks.

However,

Should someone get a set of these, and have access to a Pro, and can check differences, or someone wishes for me to make one they have made, id offer a royalty...sure, anything to help.

#17680 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thabk you, Chuck!

Hey Art, just got my plastics in the mail from you today and just wanted to tell you that you do an excellent job! Only gripe I got is that damn protective covering that's on the plastic, good God that shit is hard to get off lol. Took me and my gf like 15 minutes to tell if the plastic was dirty or cloudy or if it had a protective film on it. I kept saying ....there has to be a protective film over the plastic. Finally she got a piece to tear off, those long fingernails of hers really helped lol. They look great though, very professional work, thank you!

#17681 7 years ago

Scoring question here (LE running 1.12 with stock flippers but the Pinball Life fix-it kit with center post installed):

Please note I'm not a very good player and so far my GC score I just hit last night is 665 million (was about 1.3 billion before code update):

Most of my games are pretty poor in the scoring department and under 100 million (most closer to 20-50 million) but then I'll have these games where the score blows up and that is usually due to only one amazing ball. It seems to me that to get any kind of decent scoring you have to have 6x PF going and keep it going for a while. For me, the only way that practically happens is with the "K" skill shot which is not an easy shot at all. It seems like such an unbalanced scoring is somewhat more "luck" than "skill" on getting that little ball to drop in the "K" slot. I know those multipliers can be lit using the captive ball but it just doesn't happen for me often at all.

Given that GB is such a penalizing game it would be nice to feel like there is at least a chance of a decent score without the multiplier going. It is highly possible that I'm missing something (besides skill! ) in the way of strategy that could give me a fighting chance of more consistent better scores.

Any and all thoughts to this are appreciated.

Thanks,

Darin

#17682 7 years ago

i see GB as a "1 good ball" game only
with no real strategy (well yes a little lol) & build up as some others pins

of course thats my personnal view of it, but most (all ?) of our high scores are being made when you can reach the end of a ladder, while not being far from 80 ghosts PKE, while having ready the storage facility MB, and of course while you will (quite for sure) reach the 100 ghosts and get the MHMB, while "add-a-ball" will also be available & reactivated...
i'm more a "savage" player, shooting balls everywhere and not keeping them on my flippers (especially on GB)

now, if you can add on all this the PF multipliers, than you know you're on the good way to big score
assuming its not your last ball and/or extra ball(s) is/are waiting behind, its some more big point to take with a single " +10%" easy skillshot

#17683 7 years ago

Well said. When I have a good score and balls remaining I definitely go for the 10% skill shot. Most I think I got was about 85 million before I updated code and scores reset. I have yet to complete a ladder. I've made it to the last ladder insert a few times but never completed one.

Overall I do love this game however. You think it is just better or more consistent to go for mode start skill shots above trying to get the k lane skill shot?

#17684 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Scoring question here (LE running 1.12 with stock flippers but the Pinball Life fix-it kit with center post installed):
Please note I'm not a very good player and so far my GC score I just hit last night is 665 million (was about 1.3 billion before code update):
Most of my games are pretty poor in the scoring department and under 100 million (most closer to 20-50 million) but then I'll have these games where the score blows up and that is usually due to only one amazing ball. It seems to me that to get any kind of decent scoring you have to have 6x PF going and keep it going for a while. For me, the only way that practically happens is with the "K" skill shot which is not an easy shot at all. It seems like such an unbalanced scoring is somewhat more "luck" than "skill" on getting that little ball to drop in the "K" slot. I know those multipliers can be lit using the captive ball but it just doesn't happen for me often at all.
Given that GB is such a penalizing game it would be nice to feel like there is at least a chance of a decent score without the multiplier going. It is highly possible that I'm missing something (besides skill! ) in the way of strategy that could give me a fighting chance of more consistent better scores.
Any and all thoughts to this are appreciated.
Thanks,
Darin

First, I try to rotate lanes to get as many PKE complete in a ball as possible to up the bonus multiplier.

That said, I always go for the Dog/Office/Gozer/Stay Puft ladder. Take a "start mode" skill shot, or if in a mode, choose "2x multiplier" or "light tobin's guide", whichever is offered (tobin is to get extra balls and multipliers for me, primarily). I watch the shots so I NEVER hit the left ramp on the last shot of a mode, because that way I can continue without the ghost shot, proceeding to the next mode on the ladder directly. I usually try to avoid Storage Multiball until Gozer mode. I generally avoid the video modes as they're a waste of time and flow, IMO. When that ladder and WCWSWKIA is done, I generally do the middle ladder next, then the librarian one last. I haven't finished all the ladders in one game, but I've come within one mode of doing that.

Using that strategy, a good game for me is in the 3-4.5 billion range. A "bad" game is 700-800 million.

#17685 7 years ago

replying to each 2 :

i never go for PKE skillshot, but well to began mode, also depends on how you setup mode (continue + time), i set the timer to OFF, else its too easy...

and even if i feel the central ladder the most difficult, its may be the best to shoot for
as you can also link that shoot while having prepare the SM mutliball, but also finishing a mode and directly began a new one, thats 3 things to do in just 1 shoot (and even more if super jackpot is running)

well, finally there's some strategy in GB

#17686 7 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

Any chance you're going to make some for Pros?

Cutting Plexi should be easier with a decent little band/scroll saw. (like this)
scroll-band-saw0 (resized).jpgscroll-band-saw0 (resized).jpg
scroll-band-saw1 (resized).jpgscroll-band-saw1 (resized).jpg

#17687 7 years ago

Thanks again Chuck!

The film, does take a fingernail nick, to remove.
Kinda standard protection, so it doesnt arrive scratched.
Ctedit goes to Laseriffic on this!

Thank you Joe!

Ive received a bunch of emails on how to order,
Theres a link, Arts Arcade, next to my name to bring you to my pinside shop. Fast and Easy!

Maybe 2 or 3 sets left in this first run.

#17688 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Cutting Plexi should be easier with a decent little band/scroll saw. (like this)

I've got that and really like it.

#17689 7 years ago

Wow,What a ride!! Got my GB/PRe 4 days ago,after a 7 month wait!!My pin was built on 12-29-16,with the 1.12 code! So far,so good!! No issues yet!I bet it was the last one built last year!Vey few airballs at left ramp,nothing to get hung about.So far score at 1.15 billion! Factory settings!The scream really chills you! Has anyone done the Midnite Madness mode??I set mine to hit at noon!! Haven't got it yet!! This pin is off the hook!!!

#17690 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

replying to each 2 :
i never go for PKE skillshot, but well to began mode, also depends on how you setup mode (continue + time), i set the timer to OFF, else its too easy...

PKE jackpots can be pretty rewarding. If you're just about to start a multiball then PKE frenzy is good to stack with it. We just need a PKE Frenzy Champion in the game.

Rob

#17691 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

PKE jackpots can be pretty rewarding. If you're just about to start a multiball then PKE frenzy is good to stack with it. We just need a PKE Frenzy Champion in the game.
Rob

Repeating PKE ramp shots when in Frenzy,
is almost as satisfying as sex....as memory
recalls.

#17692 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Thumbs Up on
* Art's Outlane Guard is easy to install, polished edge, and has a nice invisible appearance. The holes line up with no issues.

Hey Chuck when you install the sling protectors aren't you supposed to take those ugly washers out??

#17693 7 years ago

Nice catch Charliew65.
Guess it's time for another GB video?

Congrats on the pickup and "enthused" mini review Hawkmoon but, I can't help but notice that it seems like The_Gorilla has somehow sold you his old bar computer keyboard...

(Old Pinsiders will hopefully get that one. )

#17694 7 years ago

Wait so are guys skipping pke skill shot for scene?

#17695 7 years ago

I changed my spring on the autolauncher and I noticed that whenever the autolauncher is used, the ball will not orbit but instead gets sent down to the PKE letters. Can anyone confirm that this is normal? Seems that the gate is intentionally staying closed to not let the ball through. For example, a "saved ball" will get autolaunched....

#17696 7 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Hey Chuck when you install the sling protectors aren't you supposed to take those ugly washers out??

well, lets admit it looks better without (or with smaller ones, to still have some support on the screw), but for sure these will protect the plastics from ball jumping right on a corners (and break them)

#17697 7 years ago

I'm searching through this thread, but does anyone have a link to a Pro outlane/inlane deflector plastic? Not looking for a center post, just something to block dribbles over the metal lanes.

#17698 7 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

I'm searching through this thread, but does anyone have a link to a Pro outlane/inlane deflector plastic? Not looking for a center post, just something to block dribbles over the metal lanes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1043-arts-arcade/00489-ghostbusters-lane-and-sling-guard-25-only-the-best-

#17699 7 years ago

Thanks, But mine isnt cut for a Pro.

I'd welcome the help to create them, and compensate, if this interests anyone.

I simply dont have the access time to a game that I need.

GB Lane and Sling Guard2 (resized).jpgGB Lane and Sling Guard2 (resized).jpg

GB Lane and Sling Guard (resized).jpgGB Lane and Sling Guard (resized).jpg

GB Lane and Sling Guard3 (resized).jpgGB Lane and Sling Guard3 (resized).jpg

#17700 7 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I suspect your referring to the large washers.
I thought about it but it all fit fine and I figured it can only help add protection.
If anyone wants to remove the big washers , you can be replaced with #8 washers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 354 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/354?hl=omgitsadam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.