IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 360.
#17551 7 years ago

0h09'00" : left flipper power off bug

thats exactly what happend 1 or 2 times at my machine also !!

#17552 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

It was uploaded to YouTube yesterday (November 23, 2016).

Wonder when it was actually taken?

#17553 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

If you watch the video, Jody was talking about how it was almost Thanksgiving a couple of times, so probably within the last day or two.

#17554 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Monday, November 21, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/blkdog7/status/800543273815343104

#17555 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

ditto 1.11 code here

#17556 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

mine too. played probably a dozen games before we saw the behavior. I had heard about this bug in another thread, and had held off on updating for about a week or so before I took the plunge. lots of other folks said they have had no problems with the flipper in 1.11... but i think if you play it enough you'll eventually have the issue. Since its code related, theres probably a certain combination of things that have to happen first for the flipper to drop out, hence it not happening to everybody right away.

#17557 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Anyone know how old this video is??

Shot on Monday, November 21, 2016.

#17558 7 years ago

Maybe the streams are not dead yet???

#17559 7 years ago

If the streams got released I would most probably pull the trigger on a premium I couldn't resist having my shots link up to physical streams on the playfield, it would go from a must buy down the line to a must buy now!

#17560 7 years ago

So what is the consensus about here to stay with 1.05 or upgrade to 1.10 or 1.11

#17561 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So what is the consensus about here to stay with 1.05 or upgrade to 1.10 or 1.11

Update to 1.11 and turn off time out of modes so have to beat every mode to continue through game. Otherwise i beat the game to easy if i dont have to complete each mode.

#17562 7 years ago

Would someone mind taking a over the top camera shot of ecto goggles? I want to make sure moves in the right position.

#17563 7 years ago

Every Time I think of Ghostbusters, and "Dont Cross the Streams", I think of this:

gb streams (resized).jpggb streams (resized).jpg

#17564 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

mine too. played probably a dozen games before we saw the behavior. I had heard about this bug in another thread, and had held off on updating for about a week or so before I took the plunge. lots of other folks said they have had no problems with the flipper in 1.11... but i think if you play it enough you'll eventually have the issue. Since its code related, theres probably a certain combination of things that have to happen first for the flipper to drop out, hence it not happening to everybody right away.

Anyone posting about a 1.11 bug -- Please list Pro or Premium/LE. The codes are different and it seems as if Premium is not having the bug while pro is, but its unclear since most people do not specify Pro or prem/le.

#17565 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Would someone mind taking a over the top camera shot of ecto goggles? I want to make sure moves in the right position.

Not sure what you are looking for but here you go...
20161008_220039 (resized).jpg20161008_220039 (resized).jpg
eg1 (resized).jpgeg1 (resized).jpg

#17566 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Anyone posting about a 1.11 bug -- Please list Pro or Premium/LE. The codes are different and it seems as if Premium is not having the bug while pro is, but its unclear since most people do not specify Pro or prem/le.

Mine is the Pro model

#17567 7 years ago

So I updated to 1.11, couple things I am not a fan of wondering if everyone sees this or can give advice to avoid

1. When I hit the last shot to finish a mode it automatically goes to the next mode where I made that shot , if I want to start another ladder I can't which is mildly annoying .
2. If I mode is running when I start Multiball the mode music plays instead of the multiball music .

#17568 7 years ago

1. When I hit the last shot to finish a mode it automatically goes to the next mode where I made that shot , if I want to start another ladder I can't which is mildly annoying

well, this can be seen as negative but also as positive
to me i think its fun, and it makes you thinkink/playing differently, as you have to makes the shoots of a mod to end with the last one you want...

#17569 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

1. When I hit the last shot to finish a mode it automatically goes to the next mode where I made that shot , if I want to start another ladder I can't which is mildly annoying
well, this can be seen as negative but also as positive
to me i think its fun, and it makes you thinkink/playing differently, as you have to makes the shoots of a mod to end with the last one you want...

Fair enough I guess , plus your never out of a mode which causes issues with tobins and negative reinforcement .. and issues # 2

#17570 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Not sure what you are looking for but here you go...

CHuck call stern and get the free Scott goggle protector

#17571 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

I also disabled the scream feature after waking the kids up at night even with headphones on, the stupid thing ignores it and sends the sound out the speakers.

My GB Pro is on order. Does the Pro come with a headphone jack? If not, how did you add it?

#17572 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

My GB Pro is on order. Does the Pro come with a headphone jack? If not, how did you add it?

Technically it has one but it's in the back box and you can't control the volume seperarte I recommend ...
Pinnovators.com they are on sale right now hurry !!

Spike 1 great deal just doesn't have mute you must lower volume
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=49&osCsid=j48gtl4v3vq583sndfc66m5eo4

Spike version two has mute switch
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=73

#17573 7 years ago

Get this one with the mute switch.
You will thank me later.
All of my modern DMD games, 9 of them, have Pinnovators headphone jacks with sub output.
It is my first mod for any new arrival.

#17574 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

CHuck call stern and get the free Scott goggle protector

I called my distributor and requested the part. I did this because I've been told Stern prefers we call the distributor, but doing so may slow down the process and who knows if a given Dist. will call Stern today or next week. Not sure how Stern feels about all of us calling in directly requesting the fix kits.

#17575 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Get this one with the mute switch.
You will thank me later.
All of my modern DMD games, 9 of them, have Pinnovators headphone jacks with sub output.
It is my first mod for any new arrival.

Yea I saved the $30 and I'll just turn the volume all the way down easy enough but the mute switch is nice .

#17576 7 years ago

The PKE ramp has been a soure of frustration for me. I've bent the side bracket over and tried to shorten the post just a bit which helped some. When I finally did make the shot, it had so much backspin that it typically flew into the outland and drained. I couldn't move the wire form forward due to the out lane plastics I purchased. Separately, I noticed a small chip on the left side Scoleri target so I put the game aside until I could address all of these.

Sometimes fixes happend by accident(Right Ramp/PKE shot):

So I've bent the side rail over and I thought I'd shorten the ramp post a bit more and ended up cutting too much off to the point where it didn't have a place for the screw. I ended up putting back in place without the post and wouldn't you know it...the shot is much more consistent now. I moved the ramp down on the left sling shot as well(and removed outland ballhopper preventer plastic along with center post). I think the lower angle really put a stop to the back spin along with lowed posistion to keep the ball in the lane. Has anyone else tried this?? Either way, thought I would share. I 'll get a shorter post ordered up to secure things long term.

Cliffy shooter land and drops:

I already had a small chip on my left Scoleri so I thought it was just a matter of time until I saw it on the right. Installed Cliffy's on drops, had to sand the back of the drops just a bit so it wasn't too tight:

Ball throug Cliffy and condition:

I had some chipping in the shooter lane(make sure to turn the ball through power down to 180 from 255 and you may avoid this issue) right off the bat so I assumed my ball through would be fried at around 150-250 games. It was perfect, not one chip or peel and now thanks to Cliffy will remain that way. 7-24 playfield

Removed center post and PKE post. I guess I'm going postless Now time to play the heck out of it with no worries!!! PKE here I come

IMG_0794 (resized).JPGIMG_0794 (resized).JPG
IMG_0793 (resized).JPGIMG_0793 (resized).JPG
IMG_0795 (resized).JPGIMG_0795 (resized).JPG

#17577 7 years ago

Build date ....... I added Mylar on the targets and will keep an eye on. As far as the PKE ramp, no issues at all here. I make the shot every time I hit it good with about 90 % success at least

#17578 7 years ago

Hello my fellow Ghostbusters owners!

My girlfrind and I made it to the semi-finals at the ultimatsternpinballfan contest. We build our own super hero pinball 'Man of Stern vs. My Little Pony'.

If you like our design please feel free to vote for us at www.ultimatesternpinballfan.com

We would be happy for every vote you guys could throw our way! You can vote once every 24 hours! Until Dec. 16th!

UltimateSternPinballFan (resized).jpgUltimateSternPinballFan (resized).jpg

#17579 7 years ago

B

Quoted from hoby1:Build date ....... I added Mylar on the targets and will keep an eye on. As far as the PKE ramp, no issues at all here. I make the shot every time I hit it good with about 90 % success at least

7-24- build date. I have the wicked springs from Pinball life. I have zero issues with them going down when hit, I'm guessing they were smacking into the back(which caused a small chip in back) hard as a result of coming down so quickly

BTW, I'm not that good yet so when I finally make the PKE shot(it takes me a while), it's like someone pissed in my Cheerios when the ball gets rejected. All seems good now

#17580 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Anyone know how old this video is??

My buddy Mark is the cameraman for John in that video and it was all filmed on Monday the 21st.

**edit** sorry I see that was answered a couple times already

#17581 7 years ago

Ball traps that I have found so far with my machine (red splash star identifies the ball).

This one happens because of the placement of the mylar to the right:
balltrap_left_inlane_rail (resized).jpgballtrap_left_inlane_rail (resized).jpg

Locknut just happens to be where it is:
balltrap_library_shelf (resized).jpgballtrap_library_shelf (resized).jpg

Odd place for the ball to land:
balltrap_purple-cityscape (resized).jpgballtrap_purple-cityscape (resized).jpg

Another odd place, held by the spotlight post:
balltrap_spotlight-storagefacility (resized).jpgballtrap_spotlight-storagefacility (resized).jpg

#17582 7 years ago

well, nothing strange here

you're capturing ghost, they than just capture your balls...

more seriously, GB is a fantastic game for sure, but in the other way it has been beta-tested very poorly, too much things to "adjust" by ourself

#17583 7 years ago

here is my ultimate topper for my GB...i just need to add light effect on it ....

20161130_224143 (resized).jpg20161130_224143 (resized).jpg

20161130_224139 (resized).jpg20161130_224139 (resized).jpg

#17584 7 years ago

Ok, so I am close to ordering and really torn between the Pro and Premium.

I am aware of what the physical differences are, but perhaps someone could chime in and tell me if there are any game mode differences Pro vs. Premium?

Hope that makes sense...

#17585 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I am aware of what the physical differences are, but perhaps someone could chime in and tell me if there are any game mode differences Pro vs. Premium?
Hope that makes sense...

(game modes I believe are much the same)
** I believe they are similar .
** Game differences are ... (for example)
Prem: Slimer moves left & right making him harder to hit. Yet, when not in play he's 100% out of your way.
Prem: Has a subway: Ball-locks are in the subway. Not sure if Pro has any way at all to lock 2 balls.
Ecto goggles interact with slimer - slimer can appear in the goggles
Ecto goggles interact with Scolari Bros. The boys can appear in the Goggles as well.
Prem: contains 2 completely independent ramps while pro has "1" 2way loop ramp.

#17586 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hope that makes sense...

Play them both and you decide. I bought a premium cause I wanted the different Slimer and magna slings. I have not regretted it.

#17587 7 years ago

PREMIUM........ no regrets.

#17588 7 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Play them both and you decide. I bought a premium cause I wanted the different Slimer and magna slings. I have not regretted it.

Me too! Yup I bought a Premium with zero regrets. The Premium perks (upgrades) are well worth the cost for me.
Here's a list that sold me.
The playfield rails instead of posts
2 separate ramps.
Subway
Mag slings
Ecto goggles
metal ramps
3D models

Things I really like I did not expect.
metal around scoops
slimer is more fun /challenging.

#17589 7 years ago

Anyone tried downgrading their LE from 1.11 to 1.05? Seeing some real strange switch / sling / ecto goggles issues after a downgrade and I'm wondering if anyone's had a similar experience.

Thanks!

#17590 7 years ago

A question for those that have extensive gameplay on both machines. Pre/LE gameplay versus the pro gameplay, I have only had the chance to play the pro which I found very fun and tough with that one more game feel after each play. My question is: Is the difficulty of the pre/LE dummied down to much from the pro feel as far as difficulty?

#17591 7 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Id love to but where I am I dont really have the chance to play both. I played the Pro for a while and thought it was great. My last machine I bought is a Pro and i do love it, but said that I would always buy Premiums moving forward becuase I felt like I missed out on some goodies...

I guess I know my answer then haha.

Last question, Slimer on the Premium. Are the fixes for his dragging on the playfield and hitting objects easy to fix? Maybe Ill get lucky and Stern would have fixed them for me

#17592 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

A question for those that have extensive gameplay on both machines. Pre/LE gameplay versus the pro gameplay, I have only had the chance to play the pro which I found very fun and tough with that one more game feel after each play. My question is: Is the difficulty of the pre/LE dummied down to much from the pro feel as far as difficulty?

Good question. From my readings, I seemed to think the Pro was easier to play from what people were saying but curious myself to see what others say with experience..

#17593 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Good question. From my readings, I seemed to think the Pro was easier to play from what people were saying but curious myself to see what others say with experience..

I played a pro at the stern factory. I didn't like it. I played a premium and I love it.

#17594 7 years ago

Hey guys,

Curious, I found this image in the marketplace for the dog toy but I noticed this ramp looks much different. I do like how it has the road and cars on it but seems like most premiums are full metal for this ramp.. Any ideas as to why it would be different?

gb (resized).jpggb (resized).jpg

#17595 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
Curious, I found this image in the marketplace for the dog toy but I noticed this ramp looks much different. I do like how it has the road and cars on it but seems like most premiums are full metal for this ramp.. Any ideas as to why it would be different?

Nope they are all just like this.
The main left ramp is metal.

#17596 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Nope they are all just like this.
The main left ramp is metal.

Oh didnt realize that. For some reason I thought they all looked like this... Seems like most pictures when googled look like this also. Good to know, thanks.

gb2 (resized).jpggb2 (resized).jpg

#17597 7 years ago

To answer my own question from last night:

Yes, it was the code. Re-updating to 1.11 fixed all the issues.

#17598 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh didnt realize that. For some reason I thought they all looked like this... Seems like most pictures when googled look like this also. Good to know, thanks.

I believe that's a photo of the prototype
With plastic ramp but no decals.

#17599 7 years ago

Mine is plastic with the cars

#17600 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

here is my ultimate topper for my GB...i just need to add light effect on it ....

That looks overstated and dumb

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/352 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.