IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 349 of 360.
#17401 7 years ago

Always a thought.
But GB still haunts me to play while I'm away.
and my gut says both games say ready to ship from CT, are maybe a year or less away.
Plenty of time.

#17402 7 years ago

Looks like Stern is making a Home version of Ghostbusters too. This footage leaked out of Expo.

#17403 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

With the new reveals from expo, is anyone thinking of selling their Ghostbusters for an Alien or Dialed In? Some of these new pins look excellent. I've been tossing up Alien or Ghostbusters for a new pin, trying to decide. Anyone else trying to choose between the two? What are your thoughts. I am wondering which will have more replay value.

ghostbusters for sure.

#17404 7 years ago

Had a single SJP cash in at 1.2 billion. Had 6x playfield Multipliers and Scoleri 3xSJP so a 18xSJP. BAM!

#17405 7 years ago

Does anyone know what causes the high pitched screaming lady to appear on the DMD with the face melting image? I have this game on location and it happens about every 50 plays or so and I'm not sure what causes it?

#17406 7 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Does anyone know what causes the high pitched screaming lady to appear on the DMD with the face melting image? I have this game on location and it happens about every 50 plays or so and I'm not sure what causes it?

That's the scare feature. You can turn it off in the adjustments.

I'm still super high on the game. I love it. It's one of Stern's best efforts, I just don't think that the code moved the game forward much. They created a baby mode, which is fine to have, but it shouldn't be default. There are still tons of score balance problems that need addressing before we dumb down the rules.

That said, the game is still amazing. One of the best shot layouts in a very long time.

#17407 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Had a single SJP cash in at 1.2 billion. Had 6x playfield Multipliers and Scoleri 3xSJP so a 18xSJP. BAM!

I find the multipliers are something I never usually get lit during a game unless it's from the skill shot or a random award. 3x is way too difficult to light through normal means. How did you light yours?

Rob

#17408 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I find the multipliers are something I never usually get lit during a game unless it's from the skill shot or a random award. 3x is way too difficult to light through normal means. How did you light yours?
Rob

Skill shot. Now that modes are easier to start or carry over if not completed all I go for on Skill shot is the Multipliers unless bonus held was awarded. Would be nice if the captive balls would award them similar to GOT but the CB logic is really confusing as the game sits right now.

#17409 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Skill shot. Now that modes are easier to start or carry over if not completed all I go for on Skill shot is the Multipliers unless bonus held was awarded. Would be nice if the captive balls would award them similar to GOT but the CB logic is really confusing as the game sits right now.

I think for the upper lane skill shots that the playfield multiplier K is probably the best choice. E for adding a mediocre 3 million to super jackpot just doesn't cut it and I never go for that. P was nerfed to adding only 3x, but could still be good for those bonus hold situations.
Instead of hard changes to some of these, I'd rather see the option given to the owner where I can set the skill shot values myself. Maybe I want E to bump SJ by 10 million and still want 5X on the P. Please consider giving us flexibility on these features Dwight!

Rob

#17410 7 years ago

Untitled (resized).jpegUntitled (resized).jpeg

#17411 7 years ago

^^^Thats the a real legend right there!

#17412 7 years ago

I need to travel with my translite when I go to Charleston next time.

#17413 7 years ago

I finally got to play a GBLE yesterday and I must say it exceeded my expectations! Very fun game with a big just one more game draw to it.

#17414 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I finally got to play a GBLE yesterday and I must say it exceeded my expectations! Very fun game with a big just one more game draw to it.

It's ridiculous how many games in a row I can play on this machine. My family thinks I've finally gone off the deep end. One more game, one more game, one more game, one more game, one more game............................................ ............

#17415 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

It's ridiculous how many games in a row I can play on this machine. My family thinks I've finally gone off the deep end. One more game, one more game, one more game, one more game, one more game............................................ ............

That's the way to get good.

#17416 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

that is does. that's what happens when it's a ball buster with fast ball times. You're just to the point where some shit is going to happen and then the games over. Then you are like, WTF...ok, one more.

#17417 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's the way to get good.

Another way to get good is to set the angle to 7.6 when you first get the game, be too lazy to fix it, then finally set it to 6.9 two weeks later. I got much better at GB real quick.

#17418 7 years ago

Just received my premium. I have to say thanks to Back Alley Creations for the amazing paint job and Mezel Mods and Coin Taker for the great mods

IMG_2819 (resized).JPGIMG_2819 (resized).JPG

IMG_2818 (resized).JPGIMG_2818 (resized).JPG

IMG_2820 (resized).JPGIMG_2820 (resized).JPG

IMG_2822 (resized).JPGIMG_2822 (resized).JPG

IMG_2823 (resized).JPGIMG_2823 (resized).JPG

IMG_2821 (resized).JPGIMG_2821 (resized).JPG

IMG_2824 (resized).JPGIMG_2824 (resized).JPG

#17419 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Another way to get good is to set the angle to 7.6 when you first get the game, be too lazy to fix it, then finally set it to 6.9 two weeks later. I got much better at GB real quick.

I have mine at 7.1.

#17420 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Just received my premium. I have to say thanks to Back Alley Creations for the amazing paint job and Mezel Mods and Coin Taker for the great mods

Looks GREAT in sparkle purple. Now ya need my purple Leg Light-Ups.

#17421 7 years ago

yep, very nice, thumbs up !

#17422 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

That looks ace!
Nice job

#17423 7 years ago

It looks like all the vibrant colors have been washed out. Or is that just from the camera? The armor looks fantastic!

#17424 7 years ago

I am getting real sick of getting to Mass Hysteria multi ball only to lose all the balls because of the stupid reverse flippers. I will never get used to it and really wish they would give us an option to turn it off. It's like oh cool I got to MHMB and then I wish I hadn't.It's not good enough to have the bookcase reverse them because there is like balls everywhere and they just make it worse. Only a couple of things holding this machine back and I have my fingers crossed for another update soon. I also disabled the scream feature after waking the kids up at night even with headphones on, the stupid thing ignores it and sends the sound out the speakers.

#17425 7 years ago

I love the scare mode! Very appropriate and SHOCKING when it triggers!

#17426 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Looks great! Did you notice any difference in the play if the captive balls with the swap to globalls?

#17427 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

I am getting real sick of getting to Mass Hysteria multi ball only to lose all the balls because of the stupid reverse flippers. I will never get used to it and really wish they would give us an option to turn it off. I.

Have you tried reversing your arms, it's odd at first, but it works well.

#17428 7 years ago

I would love to see brighter pictures of that purple armor on the premium. Loving mine!

#17429 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

Looks great! Did you notice any difference in the play if the captive balls with the swap to globalls?

I have not notice any change with adding the glow balls

#17430 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

It looks like all the vibrant colors have been washed out. Or is that just from the camera? The armor looks fantastic!

The colors are not washed out at all. I took the quick pics with the glass on. All the colors add to the artwork.

#17431 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

The colors are not washed out at all. I took the quick pics with the glass on. All the colors add to the artwork.

Based on those pictures I'd say that is definition of washed out. I like some additional lighting but sometimes these purples and blues just drown out the good colors on a game/playfield.

#17432 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

I am getting real sick of getting to Mass Hysteria multi ball only to lose all the balls because of the stupid reverse flippers. I will never get used to it and really wish they would give us an option to turn it off.

initially just always use both buttons at the same time. Its silly and makes you look like a novice but it works well.

#17433 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

I am getting real sick of getting to Mass Hysteria multi ball only to lose all the balls because of the stupid reverse flippers. I will never get used to it and really wish they would give us an option to turn it off. It's like oh cool I got to MHMB and then I wish I hadn't.It's not good enough to have the bookcase reverse them because there is like balls everywhere and they just make it worse. Only a couple of things holding this machine back and I have my fingers crossed for another update soon. I also disabled the scream feature after waking the kids up at night even with headphones on, the stupid thing ignores it and sends the sound out the speakers.

so you want them to just remove the mode? The flipper gimmick is the mode.. This is like asking for Destroy The Ring to not require shooting the ring!

If you don't like it.. don't play the mode. If you want the payoff of the mode... play by the mode's rules.

#17434 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

so you want them to just remove the mode? The flipper gimmick is the mode.. This is like asking for Destroy The Ring to not require shooting the ring!
If you don't like it.. don't play the mode. If you want the payoff of the mode... play by the mode's rules.

No need to remove the mode but a simple settings option to "disable reverse flipper mode" seems easy enough to make everyone happy.

#17435 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

No need to remove the mode but a simple settings option to "disable reverse flipper mode" seems easy enough to make everyone happy.

Someone else said an idea somewhere in one of these threads that I thought made a lot of sense, having the playfield colors be blue if reversed and red if not or something of the sort. There just has to be some kind of visual indicator that it switches you can ose 2-3 balls on that game with not knowing in a heartbeat, kind of annoying.

#17436 7 years ago

But it is 'Mass Hysteria'. Clue is in the name. Otherwise it is just another standard MB surely?
Never got to it, but with several other MB's in the game at least it gives it some variation and must add some laughs and excitement when you are playing with your mates flipping in a blind panic. Dare I say Hysterical..? Sorry.

#17437 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Looks like Stern is making a Home version of Ghostbusters too. This footage leaked out of Expo.
» YouTube video

To be fair, this is more complete than BM66 code.

#17438 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Where'd you get the GB logo shooter rod? Looks much better than Stern's!

#17439 7 years ago

You will need to contact Coin Taker

#17440 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

no keep the mode, plenty of people love it, I was one of them, but just give us an option to disable it in the adjustments.

Quoted from sparechange1974:

Have you tried reversing your arms, it's odd at first, but it works well.

yeah tried it and it works but i don't have a very big wingspan, haha.

#17441 7 years ago

I get the best results with Mass Hysteria when you flip both flippers at the same time. Yes you will drain some but with the reverse flipper and resetting when you hit the library that will happen anyway.

#17442 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I get the best results with Mass Hysteria when you flip both flippers at the same time. Yes you will drain some but with the reverse flipper and resetting when you hit the library that will happen anyway.

This is what I do until I get them normal.

Rob

#17443 7 years ago

Can someone please post a picture of the autolaunch coil assembly. I need to know where the paper piece goes.

Nevermind, the manual shows it

Rob

#17444 7 years ago

Anyone else find the transformers Easter egg in the game yet?

#17445 7 years ago

So I had the strangest game happen to me the other night:

Playing on the new code, I played a solid game, it took awhile, I didn't think I was doing that spectacularly but I was doing well. I wasn't progressing up the modes all that well, probably did two of each of them or so. I didn't get storage multiball until I was on my final ball. When I did get it, I stayed in it for a long time and started getting add a balls. I'm pretty sure I was at 94 ghosts or so when I started the multiball, so I must have crossed over 100 during it. I played all the balls for a decent amount of time (but not spectacular afaik).

When I drained to end my game, I was awarded storage multiball champ at 250 million-something and then Grand Champ at FOUR BILLION-something! The previous highest score on the new code was in the 500 million range, and the previous highest score on the original code was 1.5 billion or so.

This seems crazy to me. Unfortunately I'd had a few beers before playing so the whole thing kind of took me by surprise. 4 billion seems crazy. I put the game in test mode the next day to see if there were any switches firing when they shouldn't be or anything else but couldn't come up with anything.

Anyone else experienced something like this?

#17446 7 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

nyone else experienced something like this?

Well, kind of the opposite. The game isn't recording certain high score values on a good game. For example, it will give me a high score entry, but not record my super jackpot champion score.

Rob

#17447 7 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

So I had the strangest game happen to me the other night:
Playing on the new code, I played a solid game, it took awhile, I didn't think I was doing that spectacularly but I was doing well. I wasn't progressing up the modes all that well, probably did two of each of them or so. I didn't get storage multiball until I was on my final ball. When I did get it, I stayed in it for a long time and started getting add a balls. I'm pretty sure I was at 94 ghosts or so when I started the multiball, so I must have crossed over 100 during it. I played all the balls for a decent amount of time (but not spectacular afaik).
When I drained to end my game, I was awarded storage multiball champ at 250 million-something and then Grand Champ at FOUR BILLION-something! The previous highest score on the new code was in the 500 million range, and the previous highest score on the original code was 1.5 billion or so.
This seems crazy to me. Unfortunately I'd had a few beers before playing so the whole thing kind of took me by surprise. 4 billion seems crazy. I put the game in test mode the next day to see if there were any switches firing when they shouldn't be or anything else but couldn't come up with anything.
Anyone else experienced something like this?

Yes, I had a game just like that and posted 1.5 billion. I wonder if it is related to going from one multiball to the other. I couldn't figure out what gave all the points.

#17448 7 years ago

John Trudeau talking about Ghostbusters!

#17449 7 years ago

finally got around to replacing all the factory rubbers with new white ones. Love the look! I also just removed the library captive ball Gate. The gate that is at the top of the captive ball ramp that keeps balls from coming backward (which does no even seem possible.) Seemed all it was doing was getting balls stuck between the curve.

Anyone else remove that gate? Am I missing something and will regret it later? lol

#17450 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Seemed all it was doing was getting balls stuck between the curve.
Anyone else remove that gate? Am I missing something and will regret it later? lol

I haven't had that problem, not even once.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 349 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/349?hl=mnpinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.