IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 360.
#17351 7 years ago

david : je suis vraiment déçu, c'est vide cette mise à jour...

to all, just a reminder, GB topic code report :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas/page/7#post-3391726

#17352 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only dicks play games like that. Almost zero mode based games have ever required completion. You could time out ever mode on LOTR and get to Destroy the Ring...but why would you want to? You could time out every mode in STTNG and get to the wiz mode...but why would you want to. That's not fun, and it's not a valid complaint ...especially about a game that is so physically difficult. This balances that out.

I hope at least the top level modes (Stay Puft, Ballroom, Backoff man) require you to complete them in order to move on to the wizard mode. I doubt this update will really change the strategy on the lower tier modes much with the exception of Gozer and possibly "He Slimed me" since the level 1 modes are so easy to complete and you'd likely want to do so in order to qualify and start the 2nd tier modes right away. I think the new strategy will be to save your SF Multiball for Gozer mode which will allow you to ignore the mode and just focus on MB since you no longer have to worry about completing it. By the time MB is done Gozer will be complete without even having to try for it. In the old code the toughest part of Gozer was doing everything before the mode timers expire. Now that isn't an issue and will basically make that mode a "gimme" now.

#17354 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I hope at least the top level modes (Stay Puft, Ballroom, Backoff man) require you to complete them in order to move on to the wizard mode. I doubt this update will really change the strategy on the lower tier modes much with the exception of Gozer and possibly "He Slimed me" since the level 1 modes are so easy to complete and you'd likely want to do so in order to qualify and start the 2nd tier modes right away. I think the new strategy will be to save your SF Multiball for Gozer mode which will allow you to ignore the mode and just focus on MB since you no longer have to worry about completing it. By the time MB is done Gozer will be complete without even having to try for it. In the old code the toughest part of Gozer was doing everything before the mode timers expire. Now that isn't an issue and will basically make that mode a "gimme" now.

You are right about this. I easily beat the Gozer mode, easily beat Stay Puft, and also hit We Came We Saw.... wizard mode without really trying. Previously I only hit it 3-4 times and it was a challenge to do so. I like the way the modes play, but honestly I think you should have to complete the shots to count to a wizard mode, because it was way to easy to blast through the modes now. Definitely good for location games and newb players though!

#17355 7 years ago

I was going to take the center post mod off anyway, but when the new code hit, I removed it before one game on the new code.

#17356 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You are right about this. I easily beat the Gozer mode, easily beat Stay Puft, and also hit We Came We Saw.... wizard mode without really trying. Previously I only hit it 3-4 times and it was a challenge to do so. I like the way the modes play, but honestly I think you should have to complete the shots to count to a wizard mode, because it was way to easy to blast through the modes now. Definitely good for location games and newb players though!

Try changing the timer setting to off while leaving the mode continue setting on. See how that feels.

#17357 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok, so this update broke my Slimer!! He worked much better with 1.05, now he registers like shit. Seems to register mostly from behind instead of direct front

My slimer wasnt registering right either with new code so i moved his adjustments to the center of slots and he works perfect again with new code

#17359 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

» YouTube video

That color changing translite looks terrible....why monochrome out the color that exists in the artwork?

#17360 7 years ago

you are right

the video with the RGB translite look totally different then the real effect.

looks great here

#17361 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

AVERT YOUR EYES!
I don't know where to post anymore, this is in the other thread too. haha..anyway..
SPOILER ALERT. DCTS vid mode easy beat instructions..

The video mode pays 59,925,000 if you win it. I think it's close to free points. I am beating it four times in five doing the following... Use the stream that is farthest from your target. The streams catch the ghost then drag back towards their side of origin, and catch all the ghosts that appear on the way. If a ghost appears on the left, shoot it with the right stream. All the ghosts that then appear between the target ghost and your stream origin (which is now likely most of them as you have targetted the ghost farthest away on the other side of the screen) get caught automatically as your stream drags its way back to the side you're shooting from. Now, because the OTHER stream is only hitting ghosts a short distance from it, it catches and resets quickly, so you can use it again while the long one is doing its vacuum cleaner act. Some times it goes a little awry, but I've been working on this all evening and it just works time after time. As that first stream is making its way back, use the other as needs be. Just remember, at any time, use the farthest away proton pack that you can. It takes 15 captures to win and you can usually do it with just three, maybe four hits.

And now nobody will want to play ESP now....

Rob

#17362 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

And now nobody will want to play ESP now....
Rob

Did they ever?

#17363 7 years ago

Has anyone noticed if catching ghosts in the video mode counts towards your ghosts captured in the main part of the game? I played a bunch last night, but the thought just crossed my mind now... that'd be a nice little touch if so.

#17364 7 years ago

here is a better video of our issue of the upper playfield lights and pop bumpers not working.

as a recap, the issue is that the upper playfield lights and pops do not work. the lights flicker in unison and are very dim.

in the video you will see everything working properly only when the animations for multi ball and extra ball occur. as soon as the animation is done, the upper lights will go back to flickering and the pops will stop working.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxFzSj4cChBwNWdLZUVsQ0FvNlU/view

#17365 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only dicks play games like that. Almost zero mode based games have ever required completion.

GoT. And Monster Bash if you're specifically going for Monsters of Rock.

#17366 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

GoT. And Monster Bash if you're specifically going for Monsters of Rock.

Rephrase - "almost zero mode based games require repetition & completion to see another mode". Yes, you need to complete modes in MB to get to Monsters of Rock...but, that's a game where modes aren't linear and can stack...so you never feel like you're blocked from enjoying a feature of the game. You don't have to complete Bride to see Creech, then Creech to see Drac, then Drac to see Mummy,etc. Anyone walking up to it can enjoy a variety of things even if they're not that good. Then, if they're good, they can get to the cool wizard modes.

#17367 7 years ago
Quoted from dasb:

here is a better video of our issue of the upper playfield lights and pop bumpers not working.
as a recap, the issue is that the upper playfield lights and pops do not work. the lights flicker in unison and are very dim.
in the video you will see everything working properly only when the animations for multi ball and extra ball occur. as soon as the animation is done, the upper lights will go back to flickering and the pops will stop working.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxFzSj4cChBwNWdLZUVsQ0FvNlU/view

Check for pinched wiring behind the left scoop.

Rob

#17368 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rephrase - "almost zero mode based games require repetition & completion to see another mode". Yes, you need to complete modes in MB to get to Monsters of Rock...but, that's a game where modes aren't linear and can stack...so you never feel like you're blocked from enjoying a feature of the game. You don't have to complete Bride to see Creech, then Creech to see Drac, then Drac to see Mummy,etc. Anyone walking up to it can enjoy a variety of things even if they're not that good. Then, if they're good, they can get to the cool wizard modes.

There needs to be more incentive to play the scenes well as opposed to letting them just time out. Slapping in video modes for the sake of points only is getting old. There needs to be better goals in the video modes to make the player want to play them and do well.

Rob

#17369 7 years ago

Absolutely.

How about ESP, awarding extra ball and certain level plus points.

#17370 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There needs to be more incentive to play the scenes well as opposed to letting them just time out.

Sure, it would be better if there was a multiplier or some reward for completion, but seriously, there are plenty of mode based games that don't give you a present for finishing the mode besides points....no one plays games by letting modes time out. No one. It's not fun. No one holds the ball while modes time out. You're still going to shoot the shots and play the modes for points and fun.

....aaaaand once again, if you're a masochist who wants to restart and replay the same mode over and over again on a linear game - change the settings, and bam - wish granted.

#17371 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No one holds the ball while modes time out. You're still going to shoot the shots and play the modes for points and fun

I guess you missed the point where they changed game rules so timers wouldn't countdown when the ball was held... jeez... I wonder why they made that change???

Things that make you hrmmm....

#17372 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I guess you missed the point where they changed game rules so timers wouldn't countdown when the ball was held... jeez... I wonder why they made that change???
Things that make you hrmmm....

For the dicks

Anyway - there - so timing out modes is a non issue cuz you can't do it anyway.

#17373 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

but seriously, there are plenty of mode based games that don't give you a present for finishing the mode besides points....no one plays games by letting modes time out. No one. It's not fun. No one holds the ball while modes time out. You're still going to shoot the shots and play the modes for points and fun

The first scenes are not that fun though. They score exactly 21 million points each if you finish them. With the default rule changes, these scenes could have a bit more meat to them now and not make the game any harder. But, they would be more fun and lucrative.

Rob

#17374 7 years ago

RFM doesn't require you to successfully complete a mode but if you do, it rewards you with a saucer light that gets you closer to the end wizard mode 'attack mars'. So in effect, you could play all the modes over and over and never get to the wizard mode.

Maybe GB could have a really special mb wizard mode only if you make all shots in all the modes???

#17375 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So an advice is backup before you install, so you can get back to the 1.05 version.
Or just wait a while. Seems the best advice imho with the complete Ghostbusters pinball. Just wait a year.....

How do you backup your Ghostbusters pinball update 1.05 ?

#17376 7 years ago

Check the pinball supernova on youtube, there is a way to completely image your sd card. Just search on copy spike system stern.

#17377 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

RFM doesn't require you to successfully complete a mode but if you do, it rewards you with a saucer light that gets you closer to the end wizard mode 'attack mars'. So in effect, you could play all the modes over and over and never get to the wizard mode.
Maybe GB could have a really special mb wizard mode only if you make all shots in all the modes???

That makes sense. Rewards for completion, but no roadblocks for not completing.

"Are you a God?" isn't in the game yet, right? That could be the wizard mode that requires flawless completion of modes to get to. That works with the name of the mode, doesn't it?

#17378 7 years ago

Love the software update. Funny story:

My GB pro is in the lobby of the game studio I work at. Its a large corporate feeling mostly concrete and hard surfaced kitchen/common area that echos all throughout the building. We have roughly 200 people working here on multiple floors, so I keep my GB volume down to '1' so as not to disturb too many people. Even so, its very loud and echos anyway in that room because of all the hard surfaces.

So I update the software, turn my volume back down to 1, and start playing a few games. You can imagine my surprise/horror when I shot the left scoop, and my machine went dark to the sound of awful noises. The volume then turned itself back up to default settings, and a Banshee began screaming at ear splitting volume. I cant describe to you how insanely loud and horrible that noise was in our quiet concrete corporate building. people on multiple floors heard it. everyone froze. people wondered if someone just died. Security was not amused.

the 'random scare' feature I didn't give much thought to in the build notes.... yea... that has now been turned off.

#17379 7 years ago

I have not witnessed this scare feature yet. Is it totally random, or do you need to do something to set it up to happen?

#17380 7 years ago

it seemed to randomly happen when I went into the left scoop. not sure if it can be triggered in other places. the once was enough for me. I'll not turn it back on until I can move the machine out of my office building.

#17381 7 years ago

for those who wanted the game to play easier well you can expect scores like this, but my previous 5B seems more gratifying so I'm unsure whether to change settings to replicate the old rules more. By the way I've never experienced a 1 billion point skill shot before let alone doing it twice.

WIN_20161014_191511 (resized).JPGWIN_20161014_191511 (resized).JPG

#17382 7 years ago

Anyone know if you can adjust the power on a shaker motor? I can only find a setting for how often it's used so far.

#17383 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Love the software update. Funny story:
My GB pro is in the lobby of the game studio I work at. Its a large corporate feeling mostly concrete and hard surfaced kitchen/common area that echos all throughout the building. We have roughly 200 people working here on multiple floors, so I keep my GB volume down to '1' so as not to disturb too many people. Even so, its very loud and echos anyway in that room because of all the hard surfaces.
So I update the software, turn my volume back down to 1, and start playing a few games. You can imagine my surprise/horror when I shot the left scoop, and my machine went dark to the sound of awful noises. The volume then turned itself back up to default settings, and a Banshee began screaming at ear splitting volume. I cant describe to you how insanely loud and horrible that noise was in our quiet concrete corporate building. people on multiple floors heard it. everyone froze. people wondered if someone just died. Security was not amused.
the 'random scare' feature I didn't give much thought to in the build notes.... yea... that has now been turned off.

That's hilarious!

#17384 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

for those who wanted the game to play easier well you can expect scores like this, but my previous 5B seems more gratifying so I'm unsure whether to change settings to replicate the old rules more. By the way I've never experienced a 1 billion point skill shot before let alone doing it twice.

did you get final wizard mode too ? if yes, did you see more than me (lol, in fact i see quite nothing)

here, i already go back with the timer out setting, else its a nonsense to have fun playing pinball home, while catching ball & waiting the chrono to reach 0...

#17385 7 years ago

I didn't let timers time out on purpose. I only completed 2 of 3 ladders, did not play library ladder. I did have midnight madness occur in this game.

#17386 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Anyone know if you can adjust the power on a shaker motor? I can only find a setting for how often it's used so far.

U can have it shake harder or less by adjusting the weight on the end of the shaker

#17387 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

How do you backup your Ghostbusters pinball update 1.05 ?

Here is the video I made in case you did not find it.

#17388 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Feature adjustments, first setting adjust shaker strength.

If no one time outs modes why put it in the game? I started WCWS
on the left ramp ladder without hardly trying, was in super loops so was just repeating the ramp and bam, WCWS.

#17389 7 years ago

If you hate a setting like mode continue or time out just shut it off. Why complain about it? The game was made more flexible - get over it everyone.

I'd hate to be a developer - people moan no matter WHAT you do!

#17390 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

If you hate a setting like mode continue or time out just shut it off. Why complain about it? The game was made more flexible - get over it everyone.

Agree 100%, my complaint would simply be that all these easier settings are default and just makes a lot of the modes unneccesary.

#17391 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Agree 100%, my complaint would simply be that all these easier settings are default and just makes a lot of the modes unneccesary.

I agree that the changes makes the scene progression far too easy now. The modes are just something you 'climb over' now to get to WCWS. There's some fun rules in later scenes and that is all missed if the scene times out. Regardless that this can be changed in the settings, I really believe the balance was shifted from medium right to far left and the inbetween mark (ideal) was missed.

Possible solutions or tweaks might be:

- Increase scene timer values or allow these to at least be adjusted
- Only first level scenes time out and don't need to be replayed
- If you make no shots, or not enough shots, a scene should not auto complete

Rob

#17392 7 years ago

For having the rules the way they used to be, I'd like to be able to increase the timer values a bit. Also, the timer needs to be fixed in a few scenes.

Rob

#17393 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I agree that the changes makes the scene progression far too easy now. The modes are just something you 'climb over' now to get to WCWS. There's some fun rules in later scenes and that is all missed if the scene times out. Regardless that this can be changed in the settings, I really believe the balance was shifted from medium right to far left and the inbetween mark (ideal) was missed.
Possible solutions or tweaks might be:
- Increase scene timer values or allow these to at least be adjusted
- Only first level scenes time out and don't need to be replayed
- If you make no shots, or not enough shots, a scene should not auto complete
Rob

Or just make WCWS worthless if you skip the modes. Each scene completed could add a multiplier to WCWS.

#17394 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Or just make WCWS worthless if you skip the modes. Each scene completed could add a multiplier to WCWS.

The problem is that sometimes you don't skip scenes on purpose, you just may have a bad ball. It's like going to a move and taking 15 minutes smoke breaks - you miss parts of the story.

Rob

#17395 7 years ago

Just turn off the time out.

#17396 7 years ago

That's not really an option if you play on route... Should have left the default like it was before and allowed home users to make the game easier via settings if they prefer. It just feels cheap making it to WCWS without completing modes.

If they want to make it easier how about extending mode timers a little but and making it easier to resume failed modes.-fewer shots to qualify mode start.

#17397 7 years ago

Why not just make the ghost target only require one shot to light slimer. That's a good balance as it makes it much less discouraging but still keeps some challenge. Disable the time out and mode continue. Pretty easy to nail ghost once and slimer, then go ahead and pick your mode. It was only when I needed to light like three letters and slimer that things became really frustrating.

#17398 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Why not just make the ghost target only require one shot to light slimer.

I think this is the default in the new code. I don't like to see rules/features like this scaled back just to make the game easier. There's 5 insert lights for the target which now basically mean nothing. I don't think the ghost target has really any other purpose either which is a waste of a shot.

Yes, of course it can be set to be harder, but that's not the point myself and others are trying to make. Nobody ever complained about slimer being too difficult to activate so why is this changed?

Rob

#17399 7 years ago

We will be live streaming the new Ghostbusters code tonight from 9-11 P.M. There will also be Pinball Expo talk as well. So much going on in Pinball right now. www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

#17400 7 years ago

With the new reveals from expo, is anyone thinking of selling their Ghostbusters for an Alien or Dialed In? Some of these new pins look excellent. I've been tossing up Alien or Ghostbusters for a new pin, trying to decide. Anyone else trying to choose between the two? What are your thoughts. I am wondering which will have more replay value.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/348?hl=cornycrunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.