IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 360.
#17251 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

an incredibly bad copy/paste crap manual for Metallica. The photocopy thing they include with the game is very small.. but there is a longer PDF on the website. But it's a trainwreck of inaccuracies, incomplete, and mashup of the different editions.

Ughhhhhhhh!!!! I LOVE big thick paper manuals. Something about them.

Lame, okay. Thanks for the info.

#17252 7 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

$20 under cab lighting mod from Lowes. Can also be found at Home Depot or Spirit Halloween Stores.

Sweet idea! Looks to be under $17 at Walmart.

And this slimer colored one would go with the LE.

#17253 7 years ago

Anyone know how to increase the Multipliers at the start of Stay Puft mode? I'm getting to it somewhat regularly and they are always at 1x

#17254 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Anyone know how to increase the Multipliers at the start of Stay Puft mode? I'm getting to it somewhat regularly and they are always at 1x

Maybe the multipliers are in reference to the playfield multipliers?

Rob

#17255 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe the multipliers are in reference to the playfield multipliers?
Rob

I don't think so. Each shot has its own multiplier level so there must be a way to build up separate ones.

#17256 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

will not fit, not enought space at the back
and also the touch/rebound will be completly different

... and it was a good idea, i'm happy to have done it home, now i can enjoy the pin as an enjoying pin !
for those asking/saying it doesnt change nothing, believe me, it does ! now i can save balls ("double flipping") as i usually did on others pins
same for outlanes : installed 2 small rings on the metal guide, and open the outpost at max, as it the apperture is still the same as "factory", but now nudging is possible
in the same idea, and in the other way, the TILT is now sensitive, and i've removed the small gate on the right lane
well than, as it was said on others pins topic, for HUO, just set-up your pin how you feel it, and forget all the rest
home is home, tournament is tournament

Can you post a pic of what you did to your outlanes? I got my premium and the outlanes are insane. It actually ruins the game for me. I need to be able to nudge. Currently I can't. Any help on fixing that would be appreciated.

#17257 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Can you post a pic of what you did to your outlanes? I got my premium and the outlanes are insane. It actually ruins the game for me. I need to be able to nudge. Currently I can't. Any help on fixing that would be appreciated.

neo posted that he tapped his metal outlanes up 1/4" as they are so low from the factory the ball jumps over. Or are you talking of a different issue? Some have put post rubbers around the metal outlane

#17258 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

by raising them up 1/4". (only need to do the front of the rail, don't worry about the other side that's hidden under the flipper mech). It cut down on side drains by about 30% and eliminated the bounce over.

#17259 7 years ago

please don't hate on me as I type this... I picked up my GB premium last Wednesday, and have almost 100 plays on it. As much as I love the magna slings, the subway shot, and the artwork, so far, I just don't LOVE this machine. I don't want to give up on it yet, I mean its brutal, and I am ok with brutal, but having to start progress over every time I get new ball is getting old very quickly. I am trying to hold out for a few code updates (thinking TWD here, that game was kind of yuk and lackluster until the code was improved.) not sure what exactly the issue is, I do consider myself a better than just ok pinball player, but this machine just isn't doing it for me.

am I crazy?

I think at one point, I was able to play 6 games in less than 5 minutes, to me, that simply is NOT fun... the only good thing about it, is I am not having to feed quarters each time I want to play again!!

thoughts? opinions?

#17260 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

neo posted that he tapped his metal outlanes up 1/4" as they are so low from the factory the ball jumps over. Or are you talking of a different issue? Some have put post rubbers around the metal outlane

I got the lane protectors installed and they work fine to control the balls bouncing over. Is it possible to get a rubber ring on the wire for the outlane? My games always seem to end when the ball hits that wire and just dies with no bounce right to the outlane due to no rubber. I can't nudge cause there is no bounce. How is the wire attached to the playfield? Is it possible to install a rubber ring?

#17261 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

please don't hate on me as I type this... I picked up my GB premium last Wednesday, and have almost 100 plays on it. As much as I love the magna slings, the subway shot, and the artwork, so far, I just don't LOVE this machine. I don't want to give up on it yet, I mean its brutal, and I am ok with brutal, but having to start progress over every time I get new ball is getting old very quickly. I am trying to hold out for a few code updates (thinking TWD here, that game was kind of yuk and lackluster until the code was improved.) not sure what exactly the issue is, I do consider myself a better than just ok pinball player, but this machine just isn't doing it for me.
am I crazy?
I think at one point, I was able to play 6 games in less than 5 minutes, to me, that simply is NOT fun... the only good thing about it, is I am not having to feed quarters each time I want to play again!!
thoughts? opinions?

It's a difficult game.. and can be punishing. Not everyone likes those kinds of games... so no harm.

#17262 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

am I crazy?
thoughts? opinions?

Get all the fixes and put in a center post. Its like night and day.

#17263 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I got the lane protectors installed and they work fine to control the balls bouncing over. Is it possible to get a rubber ring on the wire for the outlane? My games always seem to end when the ball hits that wire and just dies with no bounce right to the outlane due to no rubber. I can't nudge cause there is no bounce. How is the wire attached to the playfield? Is it possible to install a rubber ring?

ExtremePinball put post rubbers on his. I assume he pushed the guide wire out of the playfield to install. Maybe PM him and he'll share his details

#17264 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

by raising them up 1/4". (only need to do the front of the rail, don't worry about the other side that's hidden under the flipper mech). It cut down on side drains by about 30% and eliminated the bounce over.

30% of all side drains, or just 30% of the hopping over the rail drains?

#17265 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a difficult game.. and can be punishing. Not everyone likes those kinds of games... so no harm.

i agree, but so is TWD and iron man, but I still really enjoy playing those pins!!! LOL

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Get all the fixes and put in a center post. Its like night and day.

I have the PBL kit, but when I went to install it, I was missing all of my hardware from the bag, so I have emailed them and they are sending replacements. hopefully it will help! what fixes are you talking about? I think I have done everything that I have read re: fixes, leveling and pitch.

#17266 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

ExtremePinball put post rubbers on his. I assume he pushed the guide wire out of the playfield to install. Maybe PM him and he'll share his details

not sure if it was his or not, but I saw somewhere, someone clipped the post rubber and then inserted it around the metal guide. (he posted a picture as well.)

#17267 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

30% of all side drains, or just 30% of the hopping over the rail drains?

100% of hopping over drains

30% less side drains in general. I explained why earlier in the thread.

#17268 7 years ago

Ive used the search function for the carotte flippers but I can't find a direct link. Does someone have a direct link to the carotte or carrot flippers?

#17269 7 years ago

PBL outlane and Center Post add lots of the "Fun" back into the game, getting you longer times and further progress.
There is so much to do!

Yes, Ill call them training wheels, as after 3 months, Ive taken mine off, and now see the challenges again in its toughness.

But for those that dont want a center post, and different than other side protectors, The one I am finishing accomplishes 2-3 things.

First, its a full sling shot protector on all sides.
Second, it stops lane hops, and is the only one Ive seen that covers both rails.

Lastly, by doing this, if one slits a mini post and puts on rails, it moves, or falls off, but now it can be anchored/glued to the
underside of this plastic to keep it in place.

Heres the one pic I have, I didnt add the rubber, but will fully test when protos come back in a couple weeks.

I think this solves every side rail issue, (Its currently for Premium and LE) preserving lanes, preventing hops, and allowing
a nudge to have more affect.

GB Lane Gaurdsw (resized).jpgGB Lane Gaurdsw (resized).jpg

GB Lane Gaurds (resized).jpgGB Lane Gaurds (resized).jpg

#17270 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

100% of hopping over drains
30% less side drains in general. I explained why earlier in the thread.

I tapped up the rail on my Pro and my Premium and can confirm.
Virtually no jump overs and less Outlane drains.
I did just a little less then 1/4 inch.

#17271 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

am I crazy?
thoughts? opinions?

You have to pay your dues on this pin the harder the pin the better pinballer you will become

#17272 7 years ago

Well tried pinballlife for the carotte flippers. No go per Terry. For those that bought them, can you provide a link?

#17273 7 years ago

having an issue on ghostbusters pro with the upper playfield lights going out. they're blinking very faintly atm. the pop bumpers are also out.

node board was swapped and problem still occurs.

any suggestions?

http://i.giphy.com/3o7TKK8Wsb7zviZzMY.gif

14608820_517307981731_2559144890355727288_o (resized).jpg14608820_517307981731_2559144890355727288_o (resized).jpg

#17274 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Well tried pinballlife for the carotte flippers. No go per Terry. For those that bought them, can you provide a link?

Marco has them. Bally ridged flipper bats.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=bally+ridged+flipper+bats

#17275 7 years ago
Quoted from dasb:

having an issue on ghostbusters pro with the upper playfield lights going out. they're blinking very faintly atm. the pop bumpers are also out.
node board was swapped and problem still occurs.
any suggestions?
http://i.giphy.com/3o7TKK8Wsb7zviZzMY.gif

I had the same thing happen. Top and middle GI's had a faint flicker. Left orbit lamp row, ramp row, and right orbit rows also did a faint flicker. I pulled every connection off on node board 9 and reseated it. hasn't happened since.

#17276 7 years ago

New code - anyone tried the video mode yet? 1.10

#17277 7 years ago

Here are the updates for the Premium.

LE/PREMIUM V1.10 - October 6, 2016
==================================
New:
- Added a new video mode called Don't Cross the Streams. You now may choose
between "Negative Reinforcement" or "Don't Cross the Streams".
- Added Scare Feature adjustment
- Added TIME OUT MODES Adjustment; When a mode times out it will not require
the player to restart it. It will not relight modes.
- Added MODE CONTINUE Adjustment; If you drain while a mode is running
it will continue on the next ball.

Fixes:
- Loopin Supers was making the wrong speech call if you had 3X
Super lit before you started it. All Loopin Super awards
are 1X Super Jackpots.
- Eddy Murphy was spelled incorrectly.
- Ad-Libbed was spelled incorrectly.
- Shaker Motor Adjustment was not turning the shaker motor off when required.
- When you complete all nine modes the modes will all unlight now so you can
play them all again.

Tweaks:
- Changed the sound of a couple timer sounds
- Tweaked instant info
- Changed GHOST letters to always reset to one shot away before bringing out
Slimer on MEDIUM or EASY. Changed HARD to be less hard.
- All multiballs now light Add-a-ball at their start.
- Changed Skill shot for top lane P from +5X to +3X
- Changed dozens of speech calls to be a bit brighter.
- Tweaked the colors of modes and features
- Severely reduced how much the Gozer the Gozerian mode increases the Super
Jackpot Value
- Made Slimer less sensitive when he first begins to decend.
- Increased the max ball save time from 15 seconds to 60 seconds
- Delayed Ball Search at end of modes when needed.

#17278 7 years ago

Pretty weak update, to be honest. Some good things, but very small given how long that took.

#17279 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Pretty weak update, to be honest. Some good things, but very small given how long that took.

rarehero should be dancing in the streets.. he's gotten his mode bailout features he wanted so bad

And all the people moaning about being stuck in modes...

And griping about the video mode...

And they made starting modes with slimer easier.

They listened to most of the complaints and yet pinside says 'meh'. Figures.

#17280 7 years ago

Does this mean if I don't finish Gozer the Gozerian in time, it'll just let me move on to Staypuft Marshmallow man the next time I get to start a scene ?

#17281 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Does this mean if I don't finish Gozer the Gozerian in time, it'll just let me move on to Staypuft Marshmallow man the next time I get to start a scene ?

I think so.

Now you can just trap the ball and let all the modes time out. Change Slimer to easy, and you'll get to see all the modes in one play through.

#17282 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Yup

#17283 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They listened to most of the complaints and yet pinside says 'meh'. Figures.

Wtf Flynnie? ONE guy said meh. Everyone else is downloading it and installing it.

#17284 7 years ago

So some reward at the end has to change if you choose to timeout through the ladder, surely?

#17285 7 years ago

What is the video mode? Don't cross the streams?

#17286 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

rarehero should be dancing in the streets.. he's gotten his mode bailout features he wanted so bad

I'm happy as fuuuuuuuck, and so are all the other people who wanted GB to be fun! This is exactly what I wanted. Thank you Dwight! I had put my order on hold...I am taking delivery now!

For those who want the game to be repetitive and impossible, you can change it back to the old way in the adjustments.

#17287 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I've been trying to figure this out as well, I believe shooting the gozer target doubles one shot (left ramp i think) and shooting the right ramp doubles the right orbit maybe, I assume there are other targets that will double shots but the game doesn't exactly do a good job of explaining. Getting to stay puft isn't really the time to start experimenting either!

#17288 7 years ago

My issue is that it's mostly adjustments and bug fixes. Game balance tweaks are very minor. Scoleri targets still are out of whack with risk/reward, and not much in regards to addressing the uneven score ramp.

It's a decent set of updates, just very light given how long that took.

#17289 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I had the same thing happen. Top and middle GI's had a faint flicker. Left orbit lamp row, ramp row, and right orbit rows also did a faint flicker. I pulled every connection off on node board 9 and reseated it. hasn't happened since.

yeah node board 9 was what we swapped. also tried a new cat5 cable. guessing it's some wire(s) to the board we need to check one by one.

#17290 7 years ago

Installed!!!! Time to PLAY!

#17291 7 years ago

looks like there is also version 1.07 in the new update which is related to power optimization and node boards. maybe this will help our issue. we were running 1.05 which i believe was the latest.

PRO V1.07 - September 26, 2016
==============================
System:
- Simplified Switch Test Menu to fit on display. The graphical switch display
shows the state of all switches on the node that last reported switched
activity.
- Optimized Node Power Usage.
- Added Node Configuration and Tech Alerts to Audit Dump.
- Fixed - Electronic Coin Mech (used in non-US games) stops working on some
games after many hours of operation.

#17292 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

- Eddy Murphy was spelled incorrectly.

It's Eddie Murphy.

Haha.

#17293 7 years ago

Wow! Nice update! Lots of bug fixes and less airballs and the Scoleri targets drop a lot better!!! Nice!

#17294 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Wow! Nice update! Lots of bug fixes and less airballs and the Scoleri targets drop a lot better!!! Nice!

Yeah man! After the update, my playfield ghosting and chipping has gone away too!

#17295 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

- Made Slimer less sensitive when he first begins to decend.

Well for me Slimer is almost impossible to register a hit now the entire time he is out.
Looks like they forgot to turn the sensitivity back after he comes down.
I was pegging the hell out of him directly game after game and getting nothing on my Premium.
I think I got one hit out of 40 or 50.
He used to register just fine with even a side glance.
Anyone else noticing this?

#17296 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

He used to register just fine with even a side glance.
Anyone else noticing this?

My update is almost done and I'll try. I never had side hits count for me, it had to be a straight on hit, but it was almost 100% consistent before.

#17297 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Pretty weak statement for you to make, to be honest.

#17298 7 years ago

I have to admit, I am stoked about the "Dont cross the streams" video mode.

I suggested this 6 months ago.. THANKS DWIGHT!

2016-10-11_1558 (resized).png2016-10-11_1558 (resized).png

#17299 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Pretty weak statement for you to make, to be honest.

So edgy. I hope you remembered to thumbs down the post too.

#17300 7 years ago

Looks like the new mode timeout and mode continues are on by default. Slimer default difficulty is set to medium.

If you have a mode running when you drain, it continues where you left off, and it changes all the skill shots to be what they are when modes are lit.

I think that I found a bug though. I had a mode going when I drained, so i selected right scoop for the skill shot (award video mode). When I hit it, it just gave me points and ejected the ball. Didn't go into any video mode. Does this just award max points for the new mode now rather than starting you into the mode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

15,699 (OBO)
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/346?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.