IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 360.
#17151 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

I know I put it somewhere in this thread before but I simply cannot find it.
I got the following mods coming from pinballife:
-Ghostbusters plastic upgrade kit with centerpost
-Scoleri brothers drop target upgrade springs
-Pinguard shooter lane kickout guard
-Pinguard spike shooter lane guard
-Shaker motor
Is there a plastics protector kit out there? Any other mods that are worthwhile? Does cliffy offer a kit? I couldn't find anything.

There's my Leg Light-Up and Beatmasters shooter housing light up mods.

#17152 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

There's my Leg Light-Up and Beatmasters shooter housing light up mods.

where are those located?

#17153 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

where are those located?

PM MustangPaul for details. He makes them. Really great !

LTG : )

#17154 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

where are those located?

Search for my topic "New LED Leg Light-Ups". You can see many pictures of both mods on games. Then is interested PM me. They both put a whole new light on your games.

#17155 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Search for my topic "New LED Leg Light-Ups". You can see many pictures of both mods on games. Then is interested PM me. They both put a whole new light on your games.

What?, Paul? You make light up legs or something?

#17156 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups

#17157 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What?, Paul? You make light up legs or something?

With lamp shades. Just in time for Christmas.

#17160 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

With lamp shades. Just in time for Christmas.

#17161 7 years ago

Any one making any shooter rods for the Ghostbuster game??? I was thinking about a shooter rod with a ghost on it as the game already has slimer in it.

Image 9-24-16 at 12.12 PM (resized).jpgImage 9-24-16 at 12.12 PM (resized).jpg

625x465_15068026_8990353_1468596564 (resized).jpg625x465_15068026_8990353_1468596564 (resized).jpg

#17162 7 years ago

I like the "form" of this, and how it would fit in your hand/fingers.....Nice!

#17163 7 years ago

Here are some finishes that I found that might look sweet also thinking about a blueish purple. Any thoughts. If I can get this made who would want one???

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#17164 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Here are some finishes that I found that might look sweet also thinking about a blueish purple. Any thoughts. If I can get this made who would want one???

Pictures are to small.

#17165 7 years ago

Got the game yesterday...

My right flipper was on too tight and would stick.. this is the first time I've dealt with the new sterns, I pulled on the playfield and thought it would catch, and the playfield fell into the cabinet.. talk about hair raising.. nothing was damaged except the side of the playfield that is only visible when it is up but what the heck kind of design is that?

Also.. my right ramp, you hit it, the ball flies down to the end, and when it drops, it seems to hit the rubber on the slingshots and bounce right into the right side drain.. how do you fix something like that? I don't think I can adjust the ramp.. do I add some more of that material at the end of the ramp to dampen it before it drops down?

#17166 7 years ago

also, my bumpers seem really active.. the ball stays up there a lot longer than I would like, other than that, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary with the game, I'll look more tonight. One of my inserts has a spidery web look to it, which I thought was odd

#17167 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

I pulled on the playfield and thought it would catch, and the playfield fell into the cabinet.. talk about hair raising.. nothing was damaged except the side of the playfield that is only visible when it is up but what the heck kind of design is that?

Chalk it up to experience. You'll get better the longer your in the hobby. What's the pitch of your game?

#17168 7 years ago

Any News about the "PROTON PACKS" for the outlane?

the should be mounted, where the plastic holes are ?

#17169 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Chalk it up to experience. You'll get better the longer your in the hobby. What's the pitch of your game?

I have the bubble in the middle of the leveler, it is closer to the top line though than the bottom line. I ended up putting a piece of furniture foot pad on the inside of the curve of the ramp to try to throw it off course and slow it down, it has helped out some. I need to go to harbor freight and just pick up the degree measure tool so I can measure it more accurately

#17170 7 years ago

I installed the pinballlife guide extenders and a shaker yesterday, makes a huge difference, the game is much more enjoyable

#17171 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

I have the bubble in the middle of the leveler, it is closer to the top line though than the bottom line. I ended up putting a piece of furniture foot pad on the inside of the curve of the ramp to try to throw it off course and slow it down, it has helped out some. I need to go to harbor freight and just pick up the degree measure tool so I can measure it more accurately

Get the electronic one at Sears, it's the only way to go and only about $30 or so. I have it and I wouldn't be without it.

#17172 7 years ago

Looking for the post about people buying the premium Library to put in a pro. Can't find the thread it was in so looking for directions. TIA

#17173 7 years ago

Ordered mine Monday and hope it arrives by this weekend so I can install. I will post pics and update. Listening to last Thursday's podcast as I type this. Keep of the fine work.

#17174 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Ordered mine Monday and hope it arrives by this weekend so I can install. I will post pics and update. Listening to last Thursday's podcast as I type this. Keep of the fine work.

Thanks. I've considered sculpting my own and making a mold so I can pull multiples of it but after seeing they are available may go that route. The way the ball ridea that plastic off of air balls is annoying AF.

#17175 7 years ago

Just got mine also ! Really impressed! The magnaslings are truly a game changer for me. U really have to pay attention cuz it could come straight down in a second vs a standard sling.
Changed my awarness more than a normal
Sling. So every time the ball comes down the pf be on your toes. That's cool

#17176 7 years ago

where can you buy the library?

#17177 7 years ago

Marco, I believe, and Modfather made his own version...not sure if he released...Unsure of status on Tims work.

#17178 7 years ago

Marco is out of stock and has them listed at $219.00
lol
No thanks.

#17179 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Here is my library building that arrived yesterday from Marco. Surprised that it included the decal. Will post more pics when I install it in my pro. Looks like all I need now is the plastic.

Ready for the firehouse Tim !

IMG_3417 (resized).JPGIMG_3417 (resized).JPG

#17180 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Here is my library building that arrived yesterday from Marco. Surprised that it included the decal. Will post more pics when I install it in my pro. Looks like all I need now is the plastic.

Looks great but $219.

#17181 7 years ago

It is only $69.00 (still damn expensive for a plastic).
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9836-01

#17182 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great but $219.

It was $ 69 (appropriate, huh ?)

#17183 7 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

It is only $69.00 (still damn expensive for a plastic).
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9836-01

Well where did $219 come from??? 69 is a whole lot better then 219.

#17184 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Nice! You got yours faster than me (I'm in Canada) glad to see it has the decal! Hope they get the containment unit model as well eventually.

#17185 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well where did $219 come from??? 69 is a whole lot better then 219.

I thought it was a reasonable price at one time.
Then I went back and checked and it was $219.00
Maybe it is the next Metallica Sparky part for them. Used to be reasonable then they found out everyone wanted one.

#17186 7 years ago

I think one is the library, the other is the plastic?

#17187 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think one is the library, the other is the plastic?

Well the link above shows and says that the $69 one is the LE library not the plastic.

#17188 7 years ago

ULTIMATE Ghostbuster topper. $ 199 at Lowes. Great if you have a 20' ceiling. Guaranteed you won't hear that pesky game power supply fan.

IMG_3421[1] (resized).JPGIMG_3421[1] (resized).JPG

#17189 7 years ago

Here is the LE/Premium Library building installed on my Pro. I unscrewed the flat plastic from the mounting tabs and just used 2 wood screws into the back of the building through the tabs. I considered using double sided adhesive foam but it raised it too much. I lined up the front doors to the 3 standups before realizing that it should be about an inch further toward the firehouse. Hopefully the LE plastic will be available soon and then I will re-mount it.

The other mods I installed are the Yeti art blades, green glo-balls, Art's airball plastic, an under-playfield green led at the scoop and the Mattel ghost figure over the flasher dome.

IMG_3424 (resized).JPGIMG_3424 (resized).JPG

#17190 7 years ago

That library looks so much better. How much did ya pay for it?

#17191 7 years ago

Is any one here having issues with there ghostbuster pin causing major air balls with server dimpling on playfield? I only own my pin for two days with less than 70 plays and I have deep dimpling all over my of? It seems almost every other hit with the flippers is causing the ball to fly across the filed. I also tried to get the pin leveled properly bit can't get it bubble in the middle of the leveler no matter what I do adjusting the feet? It seems that the back end of pin needs to go higher than the feed allow?

#17192 7 years ago

Normal the way it is. Dimples even out over time.

You will likely want to make or purchase a protector for the ramps,
and the drop targets usually "break in period"

#17193 7 years ago

Yeah I was intending to but the crazzy part is the flippers are actually causing the ball to lift of the playfiled hitting the habbitrails, glass and opposite end of pinball walls. Is there a protective plastic that they sell for where the flippers make contact with the pinball? Thank you for your reply oldpinguy

#17194 7 years ago
Quoted from Ebi101:

Yeah I was intending to but the crazzy part is the flippers are actually causing the ball to lift of the playfiled hitting the habbitrails, glass and opposite end of pinball walls. Is there a protective plastic that they sell for where the flippers make contact with the pinball? Thank you for your reply oldpinguy

Try raising the rubbers on the flipper bat (sliding them up to near the top of the plastic bat). If the rubber is too low, it will actually lift the ball off the playfield when a fast moving ball is hit.

#17195 7 years ago

Ok will do tonight thanks for the tip I hope it works seems to be doing lots of damage. You guys wouldn't know if stern would do or cover this under warnty. I got the pin 2 days ago and notice the side decal of cabinet that was shipped to me it had a cut like mark 2 inch vertically down like it was done by a razor by the looks of it at the end of the front of cabinet we're the sticker crease fold to meet the front end of cabinet coin door? Is this some thing they cover or is it just a flaw I have to work with

#17196 7 years ago
Quoted from Ebi101:

I also tried to get the pin leveled properly bit can't get it bubble in the middle of the leveler no matter what I do adjusting the feet? It seems that the back end of pin needs to go higher than the feed allow?

If that's the case, your front legs are too high. Dial them down.

#17197 7 years ago
Quoted from Ebi101:

I also tried to get the pin leveled properly bit can't get it bubble in the middle of the leveler no matter what I do adjusting the feet? It seems that the back end of pin needs to go higher than the feed allow?

Be sure the level ( bubble in the tube ) hasn't come apart and not sitting right, or was put in backwards. The high end should be to the front of the cabinet.

#17198 7 years ago

I'll check the leveler to see if it's put in correctly and see if If I raise the rubbers on the flippers up will help to stop the air balls it really bummed me out to see huge craters on the playfijed after only having played for two nights. I appreciate all the help every one

#17199 7 years ago
Quoted from Ebi101:

I'll check the leveler to see if it's put in correctly and see if If I raise the rubbers on the flippers up will help to stop the air balls it really bummed me out to see huge craters on the playfijed after only having played for two nights. I appreciate all the help every one

I own a pro and an LE, as well as 40 other pinball machines. I assure you, the dimples are completely normal. They freaked me out the first time I saw them too. But after watching it happen on my last 20+ NIB pins.... not so much.

#17200 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I own a pro and an LE, as well as 40 other pinball machines. I assure you, the dimples are completely normal. They freaked me out the first time I saw them too. But after watching it happen on my last 20+ NIB pins.... not so much.

It depends. I've seen different types of dimpling on Stern games. There are the "normal" dimples that you really don't notice unless you have a bright overhead light on them ...I've seen dimples that just look like the playfield is made of clay...there's no way those are going to look better over time. Either the clear or wood is too soft, but it looks terrible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/344?hl=mnpinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.