IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 360.
#17101 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I asked in a new thread yesterday if the PKE right ramp is meant to be so punishing, but no replies yet.
Took to it this morning, removed it and noticed the guide plate ( from the terror dog post to ramp) didnt share the same radius as the ramp, plus it didnt taper & feed into the ramp, but angled so the ball Rattles up mine instead of flowing up , it always catches the rivet at the top and stops, very frustrating.
I took a bit of the inside edge of the ramp, bent the ball guide so its round like the radius and elongated the mounting holes so its now flush with the plastic covering it.
Guess what, shots like a dream, no more spook central or gozer mode annoying rejects from clean shots, super smooth!
Game on!

I have the same problem with the right ramp, but I am not quite sure that I understand what you did for solving the issue. I thought of adjusting the flipper fingers itself to more downwards (which is discussed as a solution), but possibly that's not necessary. Could you describe a bit more detailed or with a picture what you exactly adjusted?

Thanks

Eckhard

#17102 7 years ago

Hey Eckhard, no problem.

My simple sketch might help, I did not take before, only after pictures..

I removed a little bit of ramp plastic to make the smooth metal curve possible .

Good luck!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#17103 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Hey Eckhard, no problem.
I removed a little bit of ramp plastic to make the smooth metal curve possible .
Good luck!

I check that tonight with my ramp. Thanks a lot for the picture, appreciated!

#17104 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I asked in a new thread yesterday if the PKE right ramp is meant to be so punishing, but no replies yet.
Took to it this morning, removed it and noticed the guide plate ( from the terror dog post to ramp) didnt share the same radius as the ramp, plus it didnt taper & feed into the ramp, but angled so the ball Rattles up mine instead of flowing up , it always catches the rivet at the top and stops, very frustrating.
I took a bit of the inside edge of the ramp, bent the ball guide so its round like the radius and elongated the mounting holes so its now flush with the plastic covering it.
Guess what, shots like a dream, no more spook central or gozer mode annoying rejects from clean shots, super smooth!
Game on!

That's great, thanks for the info.

#17105 7 years ago

It has nothing to do with the "ramp plastic". It's not an easy shot, unless you want to grease it up there.

It's meant to be "punishing".

GBLE is "punishing". That is what makes it great and one of the best Stern pins ever!

I'm not changing shit on the right ramp because its very hittable!

#17106 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It has nothing to do with the "ramp plastic". It's not an easy shot, unless you want to grease it up there.
GBLE is "punishing". That is what makes it great and one of the best Stern pins ever!

Agreed. Can be both frustrating and rewarding.

#17107 7 years ago

Right ramp is great as it is !

(On GBLE model)

#17108 7 years ago

I need no punishment from a pin in my life, I have other sources for that. If you can't make the PKE ramp when you have a fixed ball on your left flipper that is a Design Mistake for me. And what is certainly correct is the wrong Shooting angle from the left. The right outlane should have been designed more narrow which would have allowed to Build a "normal" Right ramp.

Just my attitude to this Design element.

#17109 7 years ago

Agree completely! I enjoy the toughness

The PKE shot is still the same as ever, and rewarding, but now on par layout wise with the rest of the GB machines out there I have played.

Everyone has their share, some have switches that dont register, ghosting, outlane hops etc Some like me have a straight ball guide partly blocking the ramp. It required minimal removal of excess ramp plastic, and bending a guide , problem solved, whats not to like?

Quoted from iceman44:

#17110 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Agree completely! I enjoy the toughness
The PKE shot is still the same as ever, and rewarding, but now on par layout wise with the rest of the GB machines out there I have played.
Everyone has their share, some have switches that dont register, ghosting, outlane hops etc Some like me have a straight ball guide partly blocking the ramp. It required minimal removal of excess ramp plastic, and bending a guide , problem solved, whats not to like?

Don't let those comments bother you, it's your game do what you want and enjoy your game.

#17111 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not changing shit

Ghostbusters kicks you in the balls everyday and I love it. I have not done one thing to my machine and it plays awesome. Compared to Iron Man, AC/DC, and WOF Ghostbusters LE has longer ball times and seems to play easier to me. I really enjoy challenging games that keep you wanting to come back for more. The modes not being random helps with the difficulty and excitement of progression (especially with the light show and sounds) and keeps your interest going.

#17112 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Don't let those comments bother you, it's your game do what you want and enjoy your game.

I dont, at least others can adjust theirs too if needed , I'd hate for anyone else to have good clean PKE shots denied for no other reason than a piece of unbent guide interfering.

#17113 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I dont, at least others can adjust theirs too if needed , I'd hate for anyone else to have good clean PKE shots denied for no other reason than a piece of unbent guide interfering.

It sounds like yours was a bit out of whack from what was intended. I never have the issue you described, so I would chalk it up to an adjustment. There are several folks who have had to fix things from the way they came out of the box, and although disappointing, it seems to be the norm with pinball these days. Play on...........

#17114 7 years ago

For those of you with a GB pro, can anyone consistently hit the right ramp from a left flipper cradle? I find I can't consistently do it, I can if it's a running ball or something dynamic, but it is more luck than not I'd say. Just curious - I am still learning the ropes so I can't say if its the player or tha game! I can hit the right ramp occasionally but it takes a bit of planning and luck right now.

#17115 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

For those of you with a GB pro, can anyone consistently hit the right ramp from a left flipper cradle? I find I can't consistently do it, I can if it's a running ball or something dynamic, but it is more luck than not I'd say. Just curious - I am still learning the ropes so I can't say if its the player or tha game! I can hit the right ramp occasionally but it takes a bit of planning and luck right now.

I can hit it pretty consistently. My one friend can hit it backhand from right flipper, hes a much better player then most though. Make sure you keep the Troudo droop on the left flipper and practise the shot it gets easier.

#17116 7 years ago

Finally! Game is back together and working better than new! 3 Weeks, of minor issues!

New Plastic is almost done....Outlane Jump prevented, as well as sling shot plastic protection in one!!

Pics should be posted Sunday night.....

#17117 7 years ago

Quick question on Slimer rules.
On my pro sometimes after spelling ghost, Slimer will sometimes come down with the green light on him, but then he will go back up.
The green light stays on and the DMD will still say to hit slimer or chase slime away but there is no way to hit Slimer. He just sits up top with the green light shining on him.
Am I missing something that makes him come back down for hits, or is my game messing up?
It does not do this all the time. Just every once in awhile.

#17118 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Quick question on Slimer rules.
On my pro sometimes after spelling ghost, Slimer will sometimes come down with the green light on him, but then he will go back up.
The green light stays on and the DMD will still say to hit slimer or chase slime away but there is no way to hit Slimer. He just sits up top with the green light shining on him.
Am I missing something that makes him come back down for hits, or is my game messing up?
It does not do this all the time. Just every once in awhile.

This never happens on my pro. Maybe one of the positional switches for the mechanism isn't working correct?

Rob

#17119 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This never happens on my pro. Maybe one of the positional switches for the mechanism isn't working correct?
Rob

Yes. What seems to be happening is he is getting stuck between the two switches and has no idea where he is.
I have a call into Stern.
Because right now I can put the game into slimer diagnostic mode and neither of the two switches are lit up as being pressed and I can not make him go up and down with the button.
Edit...after letting him sit in diagnostic mode for about 5 min. The up switch finally just decided to register on it's own. Now I can move him again.

#17120 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Helemaal met je eens Bertus.

#17121 7 years ago

finally got my GB pro last night, and oddly enough, my first game fresh out of the box i got 500M and game time was 8-10 minutes. The next 26 games, highest score is around 150M, and 8 are 1 - 1.5 minute games... wow this game is tough.

back handed the right ramp once... did not think that was possible because of the angle...

#17122 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Finally! Game is back together and working better than new! 3 Weeks, of minor issues!
New Plastic is almost done....Outlane Jump prevented, as well as sling shot plastic protection in one!!
Pics should be posted Sunday night.....

What was wrong with it ?

#17123 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What was wrong with it ?

He disassembled it!

Rob

#17124 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

He disassembled it!
Rob

Yeah, Art has tooooo much time on his hands now.

#17125 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What was wrong with it ?

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, Art has tooooo much time on his hands now.

Quoted from Rob_G:

He disassembled it!
Rob

All true! Actually busier, but no one else's stress!
Retirement is great, and I highly recommend!

I had my playfield in full upright, and with no one around, it dropped vertical and then wedged, as a one person panic.
Randy came by, and helped.
We took out the rails, they came off by hand,
They weren't tight, took the playfield out, and started the repairs. It even dropped a second time, while he was here!!!!

Fixed the playfield, although cautious, now.
Had to pull Slimef mech, vuk, diverter to vuk.
I was changing rubbers, so the top was dissambeled, I was testing a variety
Of air ball plastics, and fixing the other.
So the glass has been off, parts all over
the kitchen, and an upset wife.
1 am or so last night, all done, other then new
plastics, glass is on.
I tweaked many switched etc, and real or not,
I think it's dialed in fast and smooth.
Very happy with the game..
Not so happy with Stern support.

#17126 7 years ago

Dang Art, I've had mine in full upright for days at a time and it never fell.

#17127 7 years ago

I wouldn't expect it to
Mine was up for 3 days

Our judgement was with the rails bolted through cabinet and the glides on the playfield both being loose, a 1/8 "wiggle" was possible giving enough room to drop.

I have mirror blades, with plenty of room still on either side. I wonder if playfields are a hair narrower on this now that Stern is selling their own?

On other games, I don't have room to add vinyl, without believing they will scratch apart.

Anyway. I share so that anyone with a new game might take 5 seconds and check theirs along with connections.

#17128 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Anyway. I share so that anyone with a new game might take 5 seconds and check theirs along with connections.

Thanks! I have a Pro but I'll be double checking.

#17129 7 years ago

Hi Guys! I've got problem with subway ramp in my LE - 50% of time ball cannot go through hole ramp and stop in the middle, than system is searching for ball - and it goes to VUK - do you have the same problem? Anyone? I've noticed ball from time to time is hitting walls inside the ramp and there is not enough speed to exit from ramp. What is wrong with my subway? Thanks in advance for any tips.

#17130 7 years ago

Has anyone powder coated their interior ball rails if so can you post some pics. I am thinking about it and trying to see how to light up the plastic ramps in the game

#17131 7 years ago
Quoted from Squall:

Hi Guys! I've got problem with subway ramp in my LE - 50% of time ball cannot go through hole ramp and stop in the middle, than system is searching for ball - and it goes to VUK - do you have the same problem? Anyone? I've noticed ball from time to time is hitting walls inside the ramp and there is not enough speed to exit from ramp. What is wrong with my subway? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Sorry you are having an issue. I have not seen this on mine.

#17132 7 years ago
Quoted from Squall:

Hard to say exactly, but with the playfield up, you can see if all screws are tight, no debris is in the bottom of trail.
Then increase the angle of the game
A few turns of the back leveled has fixed many.
If these don't worl, maybe post some pics or vid, to share more.

#17133 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Hey Eckhard, no problem.
Good luck!

Thanks for this. I need to check mine. I certainly don't mind a shot being hard, but you can hit mine perfectly clean and it will make it up the ramp 25% of the time. It always catches at the top of the curve. Even a clean shot, on the fly from the inlane, only makes it maybe 50% of the time.

#17134 7 years ago
Quoted from Squall:

Check and adjust the feed alignment into the subway. This was how another pinsider solved this issue on here.

#17135 7 years ago

What do you think about someone making this into a shooter rod for GB.

625x465_15068026_8990353_1468596564 (resized).jpg625x465_15068026_8990353_1468596564 (resized).jpg

#17136 7 years ago

The slimer guy would be cooler I think

#17137 7 years ago

the GB has really something magic (no, not the PF probs ! yek)...

when the pin is on attrack mode in my desk, and i'm walking near it, i always push a flipper button to get a various sample of the game

last day, right after having moded the marshmallow, i get his own sample
most recently, i was asking my son if we have to deal the GB with another pinball, and before he gave me his answer, i gave a flip-push and get the "good guess but wrong", we we're a bit stuned
today again, asked my son if i have to turn off the pinbal or if he wanna give it a play, and than get the "dont shut it off, i'm warning you", we get a laugh

... so, WTF !?

#17138 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the GB has really something magic (no, not the PF probs ! yek)...
when the pin is on attrack mode in my desk, and i'm walking near it, i always push a flipper button to get a various sample of the game
last day, right after having moded the marshmallow, i get his own sample
most recently, i was asking my son if we have to deal the GB with another pinball, and before he gave me his answer, i gave a flip-push and get the "good guess but wrong", we we're a bit stuned
today again, asked my son if i have to turn off the pinbal or if he wanna give it a play, and than get the "dont shut it off, i'm warning you", we get a laugh
... so, WTF !?

Now that's funny. Sounds like the Magic 8 Ball.

#17139 7 years ago

Finally the Aussie distributor has received our premiums...lets hope no more unexpected shipping delays!

#17140 7 years ago

Really waiting for code on my GBLE - it is reminding me of the wait with METLE at the start. So much potential but getting a bit stale fast.

Can't wait to see what happens with Stay Puft Mode. Obviously different shots will likely give different characters to kill and different X bonus for the jackpot. That mode is one of the easiest now and gotta think it will become one of the hardest when done.

So much more needs to happen. I sure hope Stern doesn't give up on this code. More... More... More..: please

#17141 7 years ago

GB Premium finally arrived after a few months of waiting. Put 15 games on it before having to go back to work, no major issues.
Left ramp not registering but fixed quickly. The octo goggles break if you put more than one player on it. V1.05
Sure these minor bugs will get fixed soon.

As for the SDTM complainers, i've had a TZ for 10 years and GB seems significantly less difficult than TZ.
What a great sounds and light show

IMAG0067 (resized).jpgIMAG0067 (resized).jpg

#17142 7 years ago
Quoted from Ausfester:

The octo goggles break if you put more than one player on it.

Could you please elaborate. I have not noticed issues with ecto goggles on any LE in multiplayer.

#17143 7 years ago

Premium just delivered manufacturing date yesterday September 20th

#17144 7 years ago

I know I put it somewhere in this thread before but I simply cannot find it.

I got the following mods coming from pinballife:
-Ghostbusters plastic upgrade kit with centerpost
-Scoleri brothers drop target upgrade springs
-Pinguard shooter lane kickout guard
-Pinguard spike shooter lane guard
-Shaker motor

Is there a plastics protector kit out there? Any other mods that are worthwhile? Does cliffy offer a kit? I couldn't find anything.

#17145 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

-Shaker motor
Is there a plastics protector kit out there? Any other mods that are worthwhile? Does cliffy offer a kit? I couldn't find anything.

Art. Oldpinguy and Pingraphics are selling an airball protective plastic that goes just in front of the left ramp.
From what I have heard it is much needed.
I have one waiting on my game when it gets here.

#17146 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Art. Oldpinguy and Pingraphics are selling an airball protective plastic that goes just in front of the left ramp.
From what I have heard it is much needed.
I have one waiting on my game when it gets here.

Airball protector much needed on the LE for sure. Not sure on Pro.

#17147 7 years ago

Needed on All 3 games, over the targets....

Center Post Set from PBL and LSOG.

I got cut short today with weather, but am finishing up right and left lane protectors, that will also Protect Slings for Premium and LE....Pro a bit later.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-air-ball-protector-now-available

#17148 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

-Shaker motor

I made this exact same order last night, lol. Just ordered Art's airball deflector today too.

#17149 7 years ago

any Ghosting at your Prem?

#17150 7 years ago
Quoted from Squall:

So the ball stops on the top of the ramp (so almost a the start of it, the first corner) or it stops under the playfield inside the subway?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/343?hl=mnpinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.