IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 360.
#17001 7 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

90% of the time the ball exits out the right side from the pops where sdtm is almost impossible.

Is this on a Pro?

#17002 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Personally I like the ball action of the center post, Its fun when a dead on center drain bounces 6" up and back into play,

Oh you got that right.

#17003 7 years ago

Paul, youll have to play a Premium, with a Post!

When Both Slings are lit, they are quite active.

A Center Post Bounce like that in multiball, can be hurled by the edge of the magnet field, and for me has made the left Orbit, PKE Ramp,....pretty much everywhere but Storage Ramp!

Ive had a dead bounce stopped in its tracks, to join another ball in "frozen" state, and joined in when playing catch!

Just another crazy addition to the magna slings, that brings a smile when playing for fun!
(and likely an annoyance to a tournament player)

#17004 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is this on a Pro?

Yessir, and when the ball goes out the left from the pops, usually it ends up in play to the right flipper

#17005 7 years ago

Just played a pro for the first time tonight since receiving my LE gotta say the upgrades are well worth it.

#17006 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Just played a pro for the first time tonight since receiving my LE gotta say the upgrades are well worth it.

I am looking forward to getting my GBLE -- Can you and anyone else recommend what are the best mods out there on the market -- I am looking to buy some either tonight or over the new couple days and would like to have them before my games arrives

Thanks to all that help me on this ---

#17007 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I am looking forward to getting my GBLE -- Can you and anyone else recommend what are the best mods out there on the market -- I am looking to buy some either tonight or over the new couple days and would like to have them before my games arrives

#17009 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Coil Power-
I moved mine down to soft, I can make every shot without issue and the normal power seemed a bit much in my opinion

How do you adjust the coil strength? I can't find it in the menu.

#17010 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Why do anything to it? Looks amazing as is. IMO mods trash most pinball machines

#17011 7 years ago

The stern side art blades look amazing and really make it a world under glass. That is the one mod that I feel is worth the money although you could argue that the money we are paying for an LE they should be included and factory installed.

#17012 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

My Leg Light-Ups look great on GB and green would look great on an LE what with the armor being green.

#17013 7 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

How do you adjust the coil strength? I can't find it in the menu.

Enter Adjustments-
Then Standard-
It's #43

#17014 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Enter Adjustments-
Then Standard-
It's #43

Yeah they still have tons of power on light. Do you know if that also adjusts the auto plunge? I find it's a bit intense too.

#17015 7 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

90% of the time the ball exits out the right side from the pops where sdtm is almost impossible.

So strange as the "gate" is there to makes the ball fall slowly to the right flipper... I even removed it
Is you pin right on level !?

#17016 7 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Yeah they still have tons of power on light. Do you know if that also adjusts the auto plunge? I find it's a bit intense too.

I don't think so, someone posted about using a different spring, in one of the GB threads to solve that issue although I'm not sure where.

#17017 7 years ago

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#17018 7 years ago

Won't fit with my ceiling heighth

#17019 7 years ago

Dumb question do new stern games come with there leg protectors?

#17020 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Dumb question do new stern games come with there leg protectors?

Yes. Plastic ones now. Work great.

LTG : )

#17021 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Plastic ones now. Work great.

Do they come pre installed on the legs?

#17022 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Seriously? Didn't you just get a GBLE?

#17023 7 years ago

Stern leg protectors are preinstalled on the cabinet, not the leg.

#17024 7 years ago

Interesting tidbit.. since Captain Kirk was banned from his own thread, he hasn't been active on Pinside since June. Did anyone else think he was a Stern employee who got the rumor going and kept bumping the thread to hype it? It's as if his full time job was to keep the thread on top every day on the hour and now he's MIA.

#17025 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think a Ghostbusters machine could be amazing. It's campy with an undertone of horror. One thing I'd really like to see would be a progressive multiball. The player would need to lock 3-balls into the a physical lock at The Trap. Once accomplished the balls would be released and the player who would have to relock them into the Containment Center at the Firehouse. As balls are relocked there could be some dialog reference to the cutting of the powergrid:
"Shut it off."
"Don't shut it off. I'm warning ya."
"Shut these off. Shut these all off!"
"You shut that thing down, and "we" are not gonna be held responsible for whatever happens."
This would progress to the explosion at the Firehouse, which could be represented by and animation and light-show.
“Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here.”
“Is this true?”
“Yes, it’s true. This man has no dick."
Other ideas:
* Game modes could be calls to capture ghosts. When completed: “We came! We saw! We kicked its ass!”
* Pop up targets of The Gatekeeper and The Keymaster in dog form, similar to the trolls in Medieval Madness.
* Perhaps a bash toy of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
* Ramps with the callout: "Don't. Cross. The streams." and "Nice Shootin', Tex."
So much potential. I also haven't even mentioned Slimer or Ecto-1 which would of course need to be incorporated in some way. Someone mentioned incorporating Ghostbusters II. The most iconic imagery from that film are the pink slime, painting of Vigo, and The Statue of Liberty. Not really a fan overall, but I could see using the quote: "Doh! Re! Egon!".
PS: If Stern were to focus on one machine, instead of a Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition would that development savings be enough to include extra feature into the single machine? Just a thought. If there were a Limited Edition, I'd prefer it be themed after Slimer. Use a slime green glow in the dark paint to make it really stand out in your lineup.

(quoted post from 12+ months ago)

Damn. This guy had some amazing predictions a year ago, down to the Slimer LE. Crazy to read back on some original posts in this thread.

#17026 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting tidbit.. since Captain Kirk was banned from his own thread, he hasn't been active on Pinside since June. Did anyone else think he was a Stern employee who got the rumor going and kept bumping the thread to hype it? It's as if his full time job was to keep the thread on top every day on the hour and now he's MIA.

Not a good thread for Star Trek fans. Captain Picard also had a freakout over the "holes in Stay Puft's face" and disappeared.

I figured they're both sharing a padded room somewhere. The excitement and controversy was just too much for 'em

#17027 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Not a good thread for Star Trek fans. Captain Picard also had a freakout over the "holes in Stay Puft's face" and disappeared.
I figured they're both sharing a padded room somewhere. The excitement and controversy was just too much for 'em

Hahaha I remember that.. the guy had a meltdown because he has some sort of issue with visualization tiny holes or something. One of the weirdest things I've ever heard of.

#17028 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hahaha I remember that.. the guy had a meltdown because he has some sort of issue with visualization tiny holes or something. One of the weirdest things I've ever heard of.

Apparently it is indeed an actual phobia... not sure if making a huge public scene about it is part of the condition though. Was a classic "goodbye cruel world" Pinside exit however. And we've seen quite a few of these over the years. It's almost a PS tradition. In fact I'm going to start penning my exit rant in advance to ensure it's the biggest and most embarrassing ever. Why do anything half assed?

And now that we've mentioned it... I predict some helpful PS'ers will be posting pics. lol They sure did the first time IIRC.

#17029 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

(quoted post from 12+ months ago)
Damn. This guy had some amazing predictions a year ago, down to the Slimer LE. Crazy to read back on some original posts in this thread.

That quote was impressive.
Got so much right. And I actually like his ideas better with all the quotes while locking the balls.

#17030 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

On the corners of the cabinet, not on the leg.

#17031 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Did anyone else think he was a Stern employee

No, just an enthusiastic poster. Maybe too much enthusiasm towards his Star Trek.

#17032 7 years ago

As I'm still waiting for my Premium, I picked up a UHD 4K Blu-Ray player over the weekend, and got Ghostbusters 1 and 2. The first movie has never been much of a looker, but it looks better than it ever has before. The second movie has always looked superior over the years (VHS, broadcast TV, DVD, etc..) and here is no exception. The detail along with the HDR color is truly astonishing.

This really bodes well for catalog titles. Unfortunately, they are mainly putting out new titles right now, and many of them were shot in 2K! Catalog titles shot on 35MM film transfer very nicely to UHD. Looking forward to more.

#17033 7 years ago

Kirk was so caustic, if he was a Stern employee they wouldn't have condoned his behavior here. Another possibility is an employee at one of the suppliers to Stern.

BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND

Tomorrow will be a week with my Ghostbusters machine. I'm really loving this thing. Qualifying the super jackpot then making the shot is very satisfying.

Does anyone else feel like the Scoleri Brothers come up too frequently? Lately it seems I'll get them popping up one time right after another.

I hit Mass Hysteria a couple times yesterday. What a blast! I tried the reverse hands thing and its not as easy as it looks. That mode really needs an optional short ball save when switching flipper orientation from reverse to normal (or normal to reverse again) after the initial ball save is over. Both times I lost all balls when the flippers changed back to normal inside the mode.

#17034 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting tidbit.. since Captain Kirk was banned from his own thread, he hasn't been active on Pinside since June.

He's still here and still posting in this thread, just going by a different name now.

#17035 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

He's still here and still posting in this thread, just going by a different name now.

Captain kirk hasnt signed on since June 20th same day by chance Air Pinball signed up....how good did that GB2 look on your Bluray again Captain or i mean Air Pinball.

#17036 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Captain kirk hasnt signed on since June 20th same day by chance Air Pinball signed up....how good did that GB2 look on your Bluray again Captain or i mean Air Pinball.

?????

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no.

#17037 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Very interesting - I always had an idea he was an alias, and his responses to me at times almost seemed like he already knew me.

Good catch!! Airball = Captain Kirk 2.0 !

#17038 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Very interesting - I always had an idea he was an alias, and his responses to me at times almost seemed like he already knew me.
Good catch!! Airball = Captain Kirk 2.0 !

Yeah he always talks about pink slime from GB2 was the first give away and has commented about his Star Trek pin as his new alias among other give aways. I have no problem with Captain or Air Pinball though i was just stating the facts all in good fun

#17039 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yeah he always talks about pink slime from GB2 was the first give away and has commented about his Star Trek pin as his new alias among other give aways. I have no problem with Captain or Air Pinball though i was just stating the facts all in good fun

Oh, Good Lord!

Slow Pinball news day I guess.....

#17040 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Oh, Good Lord!

The_underscore_ its all good Captain_Kirk or Air_Pinball i actually like GB 2 also

#17041 7 years ago

I will confirm Air does not equal Kirk.

#17042 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Oh, Good Lord!

If that means the ghosting problems are resolved, I'll take slow any day.

#17043 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

If that means the ghosting problems are resolved, I'll take slow any day.

I'd let everyone think I am Kirk if those issues went away....

#17044 7 years ago

I just go my GBPro last Friday. Awesome game. Does anyone know where the extra plastics inserts go? They were in a bag along with a bumper sticker.

#17045 7 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I just go my GBPro last Friday. Awesome game. Does anyone know where the extra plastics inserts go? They were in a bag along with a bumper sticker.

Those are replacement plastics. Stern usually throws a couple in the goodie bag.

#17046 7 years ago

Thank you!! Any ideas on where the extras go? Or just wherever you can make it work? Just looking for ideas.

#17047 7 years ago

A couple seem completely new...

#17048 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I'd let everyone think I am Kirk if those issues went away....

You are Captain_Kirk, admit it man.. it's all good.

Your current location lists you as living in Indiana

Captain_Kirk lives in Fishers, Indiana according to his for sale ad for his Star Trek machine he sold here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-trek-le-premium-stern-2013-2021

Captain_Kirk gets banned June 20th

Air_Pinball starts his account on June 20th

It doesn't take a genius to figure it out!

#17049 7 years ago

Usually new Sterns come with replacement slingshot plastics in case the existing ones break, as well as plastic key fobs. You don't really put them anywhere in the machine itself unless you have a plastic there that breaks, or you want to add the key fob to your keys.

#17050 7 years ago

Thank you!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/341?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.