IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 360.
#1651 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You all need to shut your mouth about LOTR

6f44a38600413bf79016e3f11457fcdccc44f50c2a92669dec1409c774ad0b16_(resized).jpg

Fu**ing great PW! Lmao. Good shite there.

#1652 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I agree...LOTR is an amazing game, but even with one of the deepest rulesets in the industry LOTR feels repetitive to me.

Do you feel the same with other deep rules and longer ball time games such as SM and TSPP? Repetitive? I want a SM and just curious if it has more staying/lastability than the others.

#1653 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

...Sterns timer reminds me of Back to the Future. (wait 7 hours? then it will be 01:00 local time..)

12417677_10153821481099244_7340684072285901245_n_(resized).jpg

Wrong thread bud, should have posted this on SMVE thread.

#1654 8 years ago

It's not Ghostbusters today. I'm still hearing February.

#1655 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Do you feel the same with other deep rules and longer ball time games such as SM and TSPP? Repetitive? I want a SM and just curious if it has more staying/lastability than the others.

Buy a SM and play the shit out of it, the game is amazing but its lastibilty is on par with LOTR's and TSPP, STLE etc.

#1656 8 years ago

Somehow i always knew...

gary_(resized).pnggary_(resized).png

#1657 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Buy a SM and play the shit out of it, the game is amazing but its lastibilty is on par with LOTR's and TSPP, STLE etc.

I'm confused. Don't games like LOTR and TSPP with really deep code and SO MUCH TO DO last longer in a collection?

#1658 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

My games are set to the highest possible pitch, love speed. Listen I love LOTR's its just for me any game gets repetitive in time but those with long ball times leave the fastest epecially after I've completed Wizard Mode, STLE was the same thing.

It's been brought up before that higher pitch actually makes games EASIER because the ball doesn't bounce into the outlanes the same way and you drain less. So you might have been unknowingly made your games easier by setting the pitch so high.

Just something to think about the next time you do it, perhaps open the outlanes up to compensate and keep it sporting.

#1659 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I'm confused. Don't games like LOTR and TSPP with really deep code and SO MUCH TO DO last longer in a collection?

I had SM longer than both those combined...

#1660 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I think he's saying it doesn't last long with long ball times. I could see the equilavent being classic video games where deaths happen often. It makes the replayability high because you want to see the end. If Ninja Gaiden was easy, you'd play it once and then move on.

#1661 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think he's saying it doesn't last long with long ball times. I could see the equilavent being classic video games where deaths happen often. It makes the replayability high because you want to see the end. If Ninja Gaiden was easy, you'd play it once and then move on.

You're telling me. That game is so hard. I made it only like half way through, but thought I was close to the end. What a huge let down Haha. Great game though.

#1662 8 years ago

gb_(resized).jpggb_(resized).jpg

#1663 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Those are great games if you like epically long games and play mostly by yourself and don't care about multiplayer games.

I had LOTR for eight years and honestly that was a least two or three years too long.....at least for me. I had many many games last over an hour. Personally I don't like that in a pinball game.

I've now come full circle and own an IMVE

#1664 8 years ago

3 hrs to go but doubt it will be GB

#1665 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Different strokes for different folks. I like all kinda of games as long as they accomplish something immersive and fun - long, short- I don't care. A few years ago - many hobbyists were complaining that Stern's new games weren't as deep as LOTR and TSPP - that's one of the reasons IM didn't sell well initially. "Shallow!!! Cheap!!!" is what the hobbyists screamed. Then something happened...people realized IM was FUN. Tron was FUN. Short ball time ass-kickers are fun! Depth be damned....then we saw a vocal depth backlash from some! Oh well, I like that there are a mix of game styles so everyone can find something they like.

#1666 8 years ago

Why?

ghostbusters-2016_(resized).pngghostbusters-2016_(resized).png

#1667 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Why?
ghostbusters-2016_(resized).png

Because, they are sexy.

#1668 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Because, they are sexy.

LOL. Are you currently incarcerated, or shipwrecked?

#1669 8 years ago

GB3 is still written by Dan so it should be killer. Don't bag it before it is released.
I think the chicks are hot too!

#1670 8 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

GB3 is still written by Dan so it should be killer. Don't bag it before it is released.

It's not GB3, and it's not written by Dan.

#1671 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's been brought up before that higher pitch actually makes games EASIER because the ball doesn't bounce into the outlanes the same way and you drain less. So you might have been unknowingly made your games easier by setting the pitch so high.
Just something to think about the next time you do it, perhaps open the outlanes up to compensate and keep it sporting.

Could be, but I like speed and if that makes it easier then thats alright with me, if it does I think its very minor and the difference in straight down the middle's due to speed balance it out. I play my Stargazer every day, a few times a day as even a real good game only lasts 10 to 15 min tops but STLE, I knew I was in for the long haul, I loved it but how many times can you play through the same modes all to acheive the same goal, keep in mind thats me to each his own, I play a lot of Dr.Dude and love it, never get bored of those shots so I'm a strong believer that theme plays a major role in longevity with pinball, hell I've had the multiball in FH countless times but never get bored of it, As always the ultimate scenario is to have enough room to facilitate massive amounts of pins and that by the time the latest and greatest in the collection is starting to waiver you can start over again and rediscover that intital joy. I do that now by re buying games, I just picked my second JM, JD and TS and love them, but for how long???

#1672 8 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Written by Katie Dipold & Paul Feig. Akroyd had nothing to do with the script. And it's not GB3. It's a hard reboot.

#1673 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm not familiar with TSPP, but I did keep SM when I sold LOTR. I don't feel the play is quite as repetitive in SM, but over time any game can feel repetitive. I think tougher games with more randomness have more staying power, even if they have shallower rulesets... IM being a good example.

#1674 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Different strokes for different folks. I like all kinda of games as long as they accomplish something immersive and fun - long, short- I don't care. A few years ago - many hobbyists were complaining that Stern's new games weren't as deep as LOTR and TSPP - that's one of the reasons IM didn't sell well initially. "Shallow!!! Cheap!!!" is what the hobbyists screamed. Then something happened...people realized IM was FUN. Tron was FUN. Short ball time ass-kickers are fun! Depth be damned....then we saw a vocal depth backlash from some! Oh well, I like that there are a mix of game styles so everyone can find something they like.

Yep, I need both so I'm glad we have fast and nasty and slow and deep. Wait that doesn't too good. No I'm sticking with that.

#1675 8 years ago

SM VE was the big reveal today. Rumors still point to Feb/Mar for GB.

I'm hoping Premiums will eventually become a reality if announced with just two models.

#1676 8 years ago

SM Price trends suggest $8500 for Pro Ghostbusters. I'm not paying more than 5k and that's a stretch. So if it's priced that high it will be an easy No for me.

#1677 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

SM Price trends suggest $8500 for Pro Ghostbusters. I'm not paying more than 5k and that's a stretch. So if it's priced that high it will be an easy No for me.

Nope.

#1678 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Huh? SM is being marketed as a Premium. How on earth could a Pro be $8500 when the LE won't even be that much (reality pricing).

#1679 8 years ago

Pros can be shipped below $5K
Premiums ~ $6.8K, LEs ~$8K

SM VE is selling at a Premium price point

GB will have a Pro & LE, hopefully a Premium. Prices shouldn't move too much away from historical numbers.

#1680 8 years ago

So...Zombie Yeti didn't do the Spiderman art, so he must be working on Ghostbusters.

#1681 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Those are great games if you like epically long games and play mostly by yourself and don't care about multiplayer games.
I had LOTR for eight years and honestly that was a least two or three years too long.....at least for me. I had many many games last over an hour. Personally I don't like that in a pinball game.
I've now come full circle and own an IMVE

It's a different ball game, is all. With games like LOTR, TSPP, Spiderman, WPT, you're probably going to have a longgg game and get deep in the game. You're less likely to push start after a game like that. That doesn't mean they're not good, they're great! You just have to be in the mood for that.

On the other hand, a game like IM, Avatar or Tron, these are mostly fast, short games. I think a big appeal to the older Bally SS pins is that you have to fight a lot, to keep your ball going you try and see how much you can get away with on 3 balls. One of the things I don't like about IM is the points are small unless you get far. It's unbalanced.

#1682 8 years ago

Those are some expensive prices mudflaps, I don't know what distributor you're going through but I've never paid that.

#1683 8 years ago

After being disappointed with SMVE & GOT artwork (Except GOT Premium/ IMHO) I'm really hoping Ghostbusters will be better.

I feel like the stuff you guys come up with is so much better than the final product that I'm disappointed when the real machine comes out.

#1684 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Those are some expensive prices mudflaps, I don't know what distributor you're going through but I've never paid that.

Distributors are kind of all over the map. Suffice to say I'm happy with my distributor and I've been at the mid $4K level shipped with my Pro models.

#1685 8 years ago

Wasn't the plot for GB3 used for the 2007 video game? The gameplay was OK but it being GB made it fun and worth playing.

#1686 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Wasn't the plot for GB3 used for the 2007 video game? The gameplay was OK but it being GB made it fun and worth playing.

I had a lot of fun with that game. Kinda want to play it again.

I really hope the pro is not neutered too much.

#1687 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I had a lot of fun with that game. Kinda want to play it again.
I really hope the pro is not neutered too much.

I really don't look at the current Stern model this way. Each theme that is released I treat the Pro and Premium as completely different takes on the same theme. I really like it because at least in the case of TWD and seemingly GOT, both the Pro and the Premium are great games. Also there are the buyers that aren't willing to spend over 6k for a game so those people have another great option for a theme they want.

#1688 8 years ago

From CES:
Jody Dankberg, director of marketing at Stern Pinball, told me. "This year we’re talking about an LCD display. It will be introduced on the first game after Spider-Man."

Yes!!

#1690 8 years ago

Yes!

#1691 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

both the Pro and the Premium are great games.

yeah but they are also different. And one of them has more 'stuff' than the other. And if their prices were identical, >90% of buyers would order the premium 90% of the time I bet.

#1692 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

yeah but they are also different. And one of them has more 'stuff' than the other. And if their prices were identical, >90% of buyers would order the premium 90% of the time I bet.

Agreed.

#1693 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep, I need both so I'm glad we have fast and nasty and slow and deep. Wait that doesn't too good. No I'm sticking with that.

That's what she said.

#1694 8 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That's what she said.

Exactly

#1695 8 years ago

this is mos def good news..... BUT will this drive the MSRP even higher up and into the stratosphere??

Quoted from MikeS:

From CES:
Jody Dankberg, director of marketing at Stern Pinball, told me. "This year we’re talking about an LCD display. It will be introduced on the first game after Spider-Man."
Yes!!

#1696 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

From CES:
Yes!!

wow! Seems like a big thing for them to just casually talk about...Very 'non stern'....They turn a re release of an old title into an all week facebook event for gods sake.

Exciting to hear that though!

#1697 8 years ago

Well you just said it. Why would they charge the same amount for two very different options, one being an option that has more stuff and costs more to produce? That makes no sense. My point is I'm glad there are options and all of those options are fun.

#1698 8 years ago

wow! Seems like a big thing for them to just casually talk about...Very 'non stern'....

Yeah, but through Polygon. Which all the kids read.

#1699 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

this is mos def good news..... BUT will this drive the MSRP even higher up and into the stratosphere??

Why would it? LCD panels are cheaper than DMDs. Ripping Ghostbusters movie footage is cheaper than animating tons of dots from scratch. They already have aritsts/animators on salary. That doesn't change as the display does. There should be no price increase, IMO. We've been paying for the SPIKE/Color R&D already as the prices have risen for the past few years.

#1700 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why would they charge the same amount for two very different options, one being an option that has more stuff

They wouldn't. One is neutered (or 'lite' if more palatable) the other is the full featured version.

I think we're saying the same thing.

I too am glad they have multiple options for all budgets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

15,699 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.