New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 139034)

The Real Ghostbusters Thread.

By Captain_Kirk

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17,975 posts
  • 1,054 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinDoctor82
  • Topic is favorited by 162 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Buying a Pro, Premium, or LE?”

• Pro 207 votes
    22%
  • Premium 424 votes
    45%
  • LE 213 votes
    23%
  • Only if they offer one with the female Ghostbusetrs. 97 votes
    10%

(941 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,803 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic7 (resized).jpg
pic5 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170602_135331 (resized).jpg
flipper alignment 3 (resized).jpg
gb flipper alignment (resized).jpg
image2 (resized).JPG
IMGA0088 (resized).JPG
IMGA0087 (resized).JPG
terrordogs (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 360.
#16851 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

STERN just uploaded a video on Face Book showing GB Premiums on the line. Not sure if they are domestic or exports but it looks that STERN has finally turned its attention to the Premiums. Good news for those of us who have been waiting.

I only saw the single coin mech = Non-US Models....

#16852 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

STERN just uploaded a video on Face Book showing GB Premiums on the line. Not sure if they are domestic or exports but it looks that STERN has finally turned its attention to the Premiums. Good news for those of us who have been waiting.

Doesn't it concern anyone that stern is pushing out GB and announced a new machine yesterday, and have yet to address current and on going problems or provide any information of a playfield swap program , anyone ???
I have had a GB on preorder prior to its reveal, so ya I got some skin in the game.
It just blows me away that a lot of people are completely oblivious to this and are willing to accept delivery regardless.

#16853 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

That's clear snot/slime.
Not Green.

I agree it is clear snot/slime with a green undertone. Ahh the Eyedropper from photoshop didn't show up on the screen grab but I sampled the green off the black background proton pack where it was slimed and the bookshelf slime. Not solid green but green none the less from Slimer sliming:

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 2.20.56 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 2.20.16 PM (resized).png

#16854 4 years ago

GB playfields suck so bad we've resorted to slime arguments lol

#16855 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I agree it is clear snot/slime with a green undertone. Ahh the Eyedropper from photoshop didn't show up on the screen grab but I sampled the green off the black background proton pack where it was slimed and the bookshelf slime. Not solid green but green none the less from Slimer sliming:

What's it say about this one?

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#16856 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

What's it say about this one?

That whole picture is red undertoned, is that the GB2 scene with the pink slime?

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 3.22.34 PM (resized).png

#16857 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I guess we should just paint slime over all the ghosting inserts on these playfields. Not sure if it would look so hot on SMVE, KISS, GOT and all the others with the issues.

#16858 4 years ago

I was just going to mock up a ghosted insert with slime around it to cover the ghosting!

THATS the Stern program to solve it!

#16859 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was just going to mock up a ghosted insert with slime around it to cover the ghosting!
THATS the Stern program to solve it!

Slime stickers to cover ghosting inserts...problem solved

#16860 4 years ago

Here you go, an example of How its going to work.

Solves all our problems!

Slime Solution (resized).jpg

after (resized).jpg

before (resized).jpg

#16861 4 years ago

Slime inserts?

That's the SUPER LE!!!

#16862 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

yeah, you'd think a thread about a pinball game would be about people PLAYING their game.. yet this is the least 'game' oriented thread I've seen in ages. Ask about game play stuff and you get crickets...

#16863 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

yeah, you'd think a thread about a pinball game would be about people PLAYING their game.. yet this is the least 'game' oriented thread I've seen in ages. Ask about game play stuff and you get crickets...

I agree. Could we keep the problems to the problems thread and discuss other aspects about the game in this one please?

I increased the timer on SF Multiball which makes it a lot more enjoyable to get. It still scores like crap, but you can collect a lot of ghosts during the multiball.

Rob

#16864 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I agree. Could we keep the problems to the problems thread and discuss other aspects about the game in this one please?
I increased the timer on SF Multiball which makes it a lot more enjoyable to get. It still scores like crap, but you can collect a lot of ghosts during the multiball.
Rob

Get that SJ boosted before entering MB. That's the thing with this game... SJ becomes so lucrative. Gotta ID the best strategy to boost that from the start of the game.

#16865 4 years ago

My LE landed today!!! There was a great amount of fear and anticipation opening the box. The play field looks good right now, no signs of ghosting at this point. Slimer cable coming out of but was ground down as well. I'll have to put some games on it and see how the playfield holds up. What a beautiful game!!

#16866 4 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

4. Center post kit, how do I get my hands on one?
Thanks

Try playing it a while before buying it.

Some owners think it's not necessary.

#16867 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Lately I have been sliding the game sideways a bit... I don't have the tilt bob installed, but I still get tilt warnings. Either I do that or the ball is lost. I am slowly doing better at the game, but some shots like the right ramp, left spinner and left scoop you just don't master. I've never played a game where hitting certain shots was so bleepin' difficult, yet so fun when I finally do it.

Rob

#16868 4 years ago

Finally "we got one"...after a long wait

20160830_171653 (resized).jpg

#16869 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I for sure thought I would want one but it turns out that it is not as bad as described. I played a few games on the Pro before I received my LE and thought it would be too difficult for my kids and that I would need carrot flippers and the center post mod. After owning Ghostbusters for several weeks, it is actually not that bad and it makes the game unique with a feature different from most games. The scoring matrix on this game is set high and scoring in the high millions and into the billions is not a very difficult task on a good game. I really am enjoying Ghostbusters and it looks like it could be a keeper. For everyone concerned with quality issues I understand, but if you want a great game that is fun to play and gets your heart racing Ghostbusters is awesome!

#16870 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Do they have other Stern's at the same location? Please post pics of other playfields in the same lineup of you can. Thanks

Here is the playfield pics. They got lots of sterns but all beat up playfields. Here is the list and zero ghosting that I can see

Kiss, Star Trek, transformers, Spider-Man, batman, avengers, iron man, junk yard, family guy, Simpsons, Monsterbash, Pirates Caribbean, monopoly? Medevilmadness, southpark, theatre of magic.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#16871 4 years ago

Jeez....they need to clean those things!

#16872 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Here is the playfield pics. They got lots of sterns but all beat up playfields. Here is the list and zero ghosting that I can see

There's some ghosting at the bottom of 2X and 3X, and on the left of the Super Jackpot. Something also appears to be going on with the left side of the Storage Facility insert, but all in all, not close to as bad as some examples I've seen.

#16873 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Kiss, Star Trek, transformers, Spider-Man, batman, avengers, iron man, junk yard, family guy, Simpsons, Monsterbash, Pirates Caribbean, monopoly? Medevilmadness, southpark, theatre of magic.

Super jackpot and storage facility arrows are both ghosted, very noticeable. First time ive seen the 2x and 3x ghosted.

#16874 4 years ago

Jillians arcade never cleans their games and most have issues. Its a shame, really. There are so many people playing these games. I guess they figure what do you want for a quarter a play?

Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Jeez....they need to clean those things!

#16875 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I for sure thought I would want one but it turns out that it is not as bad as described. I played a few games on the Pro before I received my LE and thought it would be too difficult for my kids and that I would need carrot flippers and the center post mod. After owning Ghostbusters for several weeks, it is actually not that bad and it makes the game unique with a feature different from most games. The scoring matrix on this game is set high and scoring in the high millions and into the billions is not a very difficult task on a good game. I really am enjoying Ghostbusters and it looks like it could be a keeper. For everyone concerned with quality issues I understand, but if you want a great game that is fun to play and gets your heart racing Ghostbusters is awesome!

Wife's not liking GB at the moment because of gap and drains but I told her she needs to play more and it won't be so bad only game she really has played is scared stiff so hopefully she will adjust or I will have to modify something....

#16876 4 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Wife's not liking GB at the moment because of gap and drains but I told her she needs to play more and it won't be so bad only game she really has played is scared stiff so hopefully she will adjust or I will have to modify something....

Shouldn't have told her about the gap.

#16877 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Here you go, an example of How its going to work.
Solves all our problems!

Hey now, if someone were to scan the playfield and then make insert decals that match up with the artwork around the insert and then continue inside the insert to cover up the ghosted edges.....you might just have a market. Kind of like the fish decals for the fishtales, etc.

#16878 4 years ago

Ah i do see it now. I should of looked at it closer. Is it dirty or is the clear just gone, they all got the same look so I am thinking it's just super dirty

#16879 4 years ago

I agree, and likely this will happen, as no matter what, some playfield ghosting is not going to be "covered" by Stern.

I have a hairline, on Tobin. For fun, I took a super fine, black enamel paint pen, and ran a stright short line...1/4"
Its gone, cant ever see, but yes, that will wear off over time, without a mylar or sealant layer...not doing that yet.

However, where I have done this on a whitewater, its 2 years now, and at home use, hasnt worn off.

Obviously, this wont cover chips, larger issues, but I got so paranoid, and forced OCD that I dont have, I stare at the inserts
now, checking that a beanstalk isnt growing out of the playfield.

The thin black line can be remved by me with ease, but now, Im not looking....

Some form of Insert Cover, as mentioned by Manimal, may end up being a solution for some......not great, but ghosting or not, still enjoying the game!

#16880 4 years ago

what is the best mods to get for the lanes? I know there are several out there but what do you guys think is the best one to control ball hops? I expect to have my game soon!

#16882 4 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

what is the best mods to get for the lanes? I know there are several out there but what do you guys think is the best one to control ball hops? I expect to have my game soon!

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Pinball life kit

I got the extended plastic protectors from ULEK/Mezel (cover lane guides) but am still waiting for the game. Do folks think this is not as good a solution as the PBL kit, other than loss of the center post option?

#16883 4 years ago

I have no interest in the center post, I just want what works/looks best

#16884 4 years ago

odd.. does anyone have the link to the pinballlife kit? I searched their website and don't see it, I don't see it under "specific games" either

#16885 4 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

odd.. does anyone have the link to the pinballlife kit? I searched their website and don't see it, I don't see it under "specific games" either

They will put it back on the site with it is back in stock. The kit is awesome for the ball hoping. You can simply install the two pieces that go over the outlane rails. Maybe a bit overkill since your wouldn't be using the plastic piece that includes the center post. But for $43 it isn't a ripoff. And install the center post when non-pinhead friends come over...

#16887 4 years ago

Anyone still waiting for their LE or am I the last guy waiting?

#16888 4 years ago

I'm thinking about selling my GBLE.

It has 27 games on it.

#16889 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm thinking about selling my GBLE.
It has 27 games on it.

Why?

#16890 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have a hairline, on Tobin. For fun, I took a super fine, black enamel paint pen, and ran a stright short line...1/4"
Its gone, cant ever see, but yes, that will wear off over time, without a mylar or sealant layer...not doing that yet.
However, where I have done this on a whitewater, its 2 years now, and at home use, hasnt worn off.

Do you have a brand and finish recommendation? I see Testor's has both gloss and flat black.

#16891 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Do you have a brand and finish recommendation? I see Testor's has both gloss and flat black.

Its not something Id recommend you do to your GB, as if you have issues now, or more to come, you first want to see what Stern will do.
Second best, may be a printed decal, and myself or someone will likely make something for a clean straight line.

But if you wish to try, or try on an older game, I went to an art supply store, and they have enamel paint pens in different fineness.
On a Whitewater I have, with planking, and the outlines worn out, for me, I can draw the outline, better with a paint pen then a brush.
After it dried, in high traffic areas, I put removable Mylar on top, and in around Wet Willie, I used a self evaporating clear, as a product test, with good results.

There are several threads, and vid I think has other methods. Its more important to practice a bunch first on and old game, old playfield, etc, before doing this on a GB.

Im more in a retirement/I dont care zone now, and dont want my sometimes bad habits, to be an absolute for someone.

Good Luck!

#16892 4 years ago

Thanks, I was thinking more older games where I have minor wear in the black around inserts.

#16893 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Thanks, I was thinking more older games where I have minor wear in the black around inserts.

Gotcha, my apologies for my assumption. For this issue, I use a plastic circle template, and a paint pen, or there use to be decals of just circles, no text.
Others may put a circle sticker on the insert, to protect bleeding, and use a template.

Perhaps there are other ways too.

#16894 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So in other words you haven't waxed your Whitewater in over 2 years. Enamel paint comes off with waxing.

#16895 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I got the extended plastic protectors from ULEK/Mezel (cover lane guides) but am still waiting for the game. Do folks think this is not as good a solution as the PBL kit, other than loss of the center post option?

My friends and I LOVE the PBL kit. That center post makes the game sooooo much more enjoyable.

#16896 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So in other words you haven't waxed your Whitewater in over 2 years. Enamel paint comes off with waxing.

Sure I have, Paul.

I have used both Enamel and Acrylic Paint.
In some areas, I have Mylar over this.
In other areas, I have Everbrite Self Leveling Clear.
In others just the enamel.

Im using P21S Wax, and have not had any paint on the applicator or microfiber afterward.

More then that, I dont know.

I tried the Everbrite to see if it was thin enough in viscosity to fix planking...it kinda does, but not in the way that I feel comfortable to recommend.

Maybe someone else will mess with it, or if I do another, ill reach out to the company.
I know it cleans up with isopropyl alcohol, but once it hardens and sets after a few days, it seems to be quite durable.

https://www.everbritecoatings.com/cart/protectaclear-coating-only-c-7.html

#16897 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Okay, fast forward to July, here's what's going to happen (IMO).
-The magnet slings will have proven themselves able to replicate a normal sling quite well, we'll wonder what everyone was worried about. They will activate when the rubber is pressed, and impact on multiballs will be negligible. Tricks will be fairly cool, but limited.
-Stern will either ship the game with mylars OR they won't and we'll all be put mylars anyway, everyone will be scared of "what if", and be looking for that peace of mind. Any machines without mylars will fare quite well, ones on route might start showing wear in a few years. We'll all be patting ourselves on the back for being cautious.
-The Ecto goggles are going to be one of the coolest features, barely talked about now, but will really 'bring the machine to life'... giving it an energy and making it more dynamic. We'll be lobbying Stern to add in additional ghosts from the movie and 'generic ghosts' from the movie in code updates.
-Everyone will have gone overboard with toppers, making the top of their machine look like some sort of half-assed Ghostbusters garage sale table.
-All models will fare quite well, and everyone will be pleased. LE's will jump in price, Premiums will be great value vs the LE's, and the Pro's deliver ample gameplay, with fun gameplay and features for the baseline model.
-Pros will start arriving at select locations before the end of April, trickling out.

Quoting myself from 4 months ago on predictions...

-The magnet slings will have proven themselves able to replicate a normal sling quite well, we'll wonder what everyone was worried about. They will activate when the rubber is pressed, and impact on multiballs will be negligible. Tricks will be fairly cool, but limited.
---> Yep pretty much exactly that.

-Stern will either ship the game with mylars OR they won't and we'll all be put mylars anyway, everyone will be scared of "what if", and be looking for that peace of mind. Any machines without mylars will fare quite well, ones on route might start showing wear in a few years. We'll all be patting ourselves on the back for being cautious.
---> I don't think there has been any wear around the slings. Ghosting perhaps.

-The Ecto goggles are going to be one of the coolest features, barely talked about now, but will really 'bring the machine to life'... giving it an energy and making it more dynamic. We'll be lobbying Stern to add in additional ghosts from the movie and 'generic ghosts' from the movie in code updates.
---> Perhaps a slight exaggeration, but it is cool and people are asking for more ghosts.

-Everyone will have gone overboard with toppers, making the top of their machine look like some sort of half-assed Ghostbusters garage sale table.
---> Yep.

-All models will fare quite well, and everyone will be pleased. LE's will jump in price, Premiums will be great value vs the LE's, and the Pro's deliver ample gameplay, with fun gameplay and features for the baseline model.
---> Too soon to tell. The Pro is fun though.

-Pros will start arriving at select locations before the end of April, trickling out.
---> Nailed it.

#16898 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sure I have, Paul.
I have used both Enamel and Acrylic Paint.
In some areas, I have Mylar over this.
In other areas, I have Everbrite Self Leveling Clear.
In others just the enamel.
Im using P21S Wax, and have not had any paint on the applicator or microfiber afterward.
More then that, I dont know.
I tried the Everbrite to see if it was thin enough in viscosity to fix planking...it kinda does, but not in the way that I feel comfortable to recommend.
Maybe someone else will mess with it, or if I do another, ill reach out to the company.
I know it cleans up with isopropyl alcohol, but once it hardens and sets after a few days, it seems to be quite durable.
https://www.everbritecoatings.com/cart/protectaclear-coating-only-c-7.html

Oh that's good. Sounds like a better wax then I use.

#16899 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Quoting myself from 4 months ago on predictions...
---> Yep pretty much exactly that.
---> I don't think there has been any wear around the slings. Ghosting perhaps.
---> Perhaps a slight exaggeration, but it is cool and people are asking for more ghosts.
---> Yep.
---> Too soon to tell. The Pro is fun though.
---> Nailed it.

Have you actually been waiting for this moment for 4 months Captain Obvious? Lol you nailed it!!!! I wish you predicted all the major issues like the ghosting!!

#16900 4 years ago

August 2nd Cabinet date and July 21st play field date and just arrived yesterday. Usually there are stickers on Stern Playfields in the front or side, but it appears it was removed(backing still there) and a pen used to mark date. Thinking this must be part of quality check.

I set angle at 7 degrees, coils set on soft, moved flippers up, put Pinbits foam on left ramp targets, airballs still flying all over from left ramp into plastics left plastics, on top of plastics over the wire form ramp and into cabinets sides. Man, I cringe when everytime. I'm going to hang tight on putting anymore games on until I get the air ball plastic made or bought.

Placed Cliffy shooter lane protector on right side and wall, then felt on other side for now and blue tape over ball through area. I'm reminded of the people that put multiple sets of floor mats in their vehicles. It may not be sexy right now, but I'm somewhat protected.

Once the airball plastics are on, it's going to be a great game!! What a looker

IMG_0211 (resized).JPG
IMG_0212 (resized).JPG
IMG_0214 (resized).JPG
IMG_0222 (resized).JPG
IMG_0213 (resized).JPG
IMG_0216 (resized).JPG
IMG_0212 (resized).JPG
IMG_0223 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
$ 50.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 360.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside