IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 360.
#16801 7 years ago

The movie quotes are so awesome in attract mode when the flipper buttons are hit. I am really hoping to hear more of them in game play.

#16802 7 years ago

Completing the hotel scene, and Aykroyd saying, "that wasnt such a chore, now was it" would be fantastic. So much material in these films for quotes. Look at the Family Guy pin, I swear I hear a new quote everytime I play it. And I've owned it forever....

#16803 7 years ago

The quotes are loaded into the game, I believe 6-8 times more than we heard.

As usual, we are waiting for code to come, to see all that we get......hang in there, a new code release
I believe will be coming....

#16804 7 years ago

I wonder if Stern has multiple sources being used for their playfields and that is the reason some are good and some are not.

#16805 7 years ago

Anyone else notice their Storage Facility and Super Jackpot lights are significantly dimmer than the rest?

#16806 7 years ago

Its a by product of the inserts, and the Light board.

When a board, with a 5mm diode with no lens, the light does not spread evenly.

IMO, a bubble lens, would increase the diameter of light significantly, and produced a better result.
The cost would be about 2 cents - 4 cents per board.

#16807 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Posted this in the LE/Prem thread as well, but I thought I would post here as well for any Pro users having the launcher issue. For those of you with the issue of the Auto-launcher just blasting the ball down the lane, try replacing your plunger spring with the following. Marco has them for a buck or two. It isn't a high-tech solution, but it will do until a code fix, or something better comes along. It is 2 screws and about 3 minutes to fix, and makes all of the difference in the world. The ball still jets around the back of the field a bit, but you want it to in order to make the full orbit. But it really calms things down so it isn't smashing into the gate, or clipping the Stay-Puft man. At least it worked for me, and a cheap thing to try.

Wouldn't you still have the problem with the auto-plunge?

#16808 7 years ago

Ghostbusters Premium built the other day that was available for play at the Arcade Video & Game Room Expo this weekend in Rosemont, Illinois. The machine looked and played great!

Brad

gb10.jpggb10.jpg

gb9.jpggb9.jpg

gb8.jpggb8.jpg

gb7.jpggb7.jpg

gb6.jpggb6.jpg

gb5.jpggb5.jpg

gb4.jpggb4.jpg

gb3.jpggb3.jpg

gb2.jpggb2.jpg

gb1.jpggb1.jpg

#16809 7 years ago

awesome to see a premium out in the wild. Cant wait to get mine.

#16810 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Wouldn't you still have the problem with the auto-plunge?

No, I guess I should have added a pic. You put the spring on the auto-plunge coil...going back and reading, I see I didn't specify that. Sorry, I will fix it.

#16811 7 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Ghostbusters Premium built the other day that was available for play at the Arcade Video & Game Room Expo this weekend in Rosemont, Illinois. The machine looked and played great!
Brad

So I guess these are ready and expected to be produced in bulk and start shipping?

#16812 7 years ago

Does this look fugly?

gb train (resized).jpggb train (resized).jpg

#16813 7 years ago

I did a little re-adjustment on this mod by adding the red circle. I think it looks better and it really flashes, plus it stops a couple of air balls on the way.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#16814 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Does this look fugly?

I don't think so at all - I think it ties nicely to the movie.

Is it printed on a piece of Lexan?
Can you still see the PKE lanes up top

Ghosttrain (resized).pngGhosttrain (resized).png

#16815 7 years ago

Yes it would be perhaps more transparent or ghostly.

Ill print one on paper and see if it blocks thew view, which is a concern, before
I would do a proto.

I have chaser strips, or 45 degree strips, that might work behind it...dont know, just thinking out loud.

Thanks for your feedback!

#16816 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill print one on paper and see if it blocks thew view, which is a concern, before
I would do a proto.
I have chaser strips, or 45 degree strips, that might work behind it...dont know, just thinking out loud.

Art it would be easier to see if you posted pictures that we could zoom in on.

#16817 7 years ago

True, but that is photoshopped from an online picture, zooming in will pixelate and look bad.

If I make a proto, it would be a photo.

The game in the photo is actually grabbed from someone else, a few posts back.

#16818 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I would do a proto.

You can also try printing it on clear vinyl as anything that is white in the image would be transparent on the clear vinyl and it would easily adhere to your plastic. If doing a reverse print on clear vinyl you could adhere it behind the plastic and it would display correctly. I can send you some prototype samples of each if you want to give it a try versus doing flatbed printing directly on the lexan.

#16819 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

True, but that is photoshopped from an online picture, zooming in will pixelate and look bad.
If I make a proto, it would be a photo.
The game in the photo is actually grabbed from someone else, a few posts back.

That explains it.

#16820 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

You can also try printing it on clear vinyl as anything that is white in the image would be transparent on the clear vinyl and it would easily adhere to your plastic. If doing a reverse print on clear vinyl you could adhere it behind the plastic and it would display correctly. I can send you some prototype samples of each if you want to give it a try versus doing flatbed printing directly on the lexan.

Wow, very kind of you to offer, and Ill reread in the morning.....brain dead now.
I have some clear transparency, and clear adhesive, but never thought about reverse printing.

Lets see what happens next, before I trouble you in any way. I first need to see if it will block the view of the lanes.

Additional art needs to be done as well in clean up and changes to match the artwork on the game
a bit more....

My sincerest thanks for your offer to help.

#16821 7 years ago

I still like the half ghost figure from classic mattel GB figures since it has the ghost slanting with hand out above the scoop.

#16822 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I'm very excited at the opportunity to own a premium. I'm hoping someone will let everyone know once it's safe to finally make a purchase. I'm not expecting perfection, but I don't want my clear coat delaminating and breaking off.

So I been in Ocean City NJ for 2 weeks, Jillians arcade has a pro there at .25 per play, a bargain. So I been playing the crap out of it. Def lots of center drains but I am not that great of a player and at a quarter a play, who cares. Very little airballs as this machine is really broken in. So broken in that there is literally no clear coat that I can see in the machine. It looked like my old Kiss unit before I installed a new playfield (bare wood). I couldn't take a pic because I had a 4 yr old buzzing all over the place but I will bike over tomorrow to post the picks to get some opinions. Thinking the clear coat must be very thin.

#16823 7 years ago

Anyone know if a color dmd will be available for the Ghostbusters game any time soon?

#16824 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The quotes are loaded into the game, I believe 6-8 times more than we heard.
As usual, we are waiting for code to come, to see all that we get......hang in there, a new code release
I believe will be coming....

I have played around in Pinball Browser with the code and there are all sorts of unused call-outs as well as some music that I've never heard (even playing through all the modes with the glass off). I am excited to see how they use them.

#16825 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Anyone know if a color dmd will be available for the Ghostbusters game any time soon?

Two years I bet.

#16826 7 years ago

Has any one used a topper from tilttoppers?

#16827 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Two years I bet.

They had SMVE done like 3 days after it came out. Just sayin.

#16828 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

So I been in Ocean City NJ for 2 weeks, Jillians arcade has a pro there at .25 per play, a bargain. So I been playing the crap out of it. Def lots of center drains but I am not that great of a player and at a quarter a play, who cares. Very little airballs as this machine is really broken in. So broken in that there is literally no clear coat that I can see in the machine. It looked like my old Kiss unit before I installed a new playfield (bare wood). I couldn't take a pic because I had a 4 yr old buzzing all over the place but I will bike over tomorrow to post the picks to get some opinions. Thinking the clear coat must be very thin.

Do they have other Stern's at the same location? Please post pics of other playfields in the same lineup of you can. Thanks

#16829 7 years ago

ok, the "printed" slime seen above is already OK of course, but slime is slime, it has to be more realistic with some consistency & 3d appearance

than, i'm not sure if i'm mad, or just crazy (feel the diff ? lol), but got that idea this morning when going at supermarket
i found a bootle of green "gouache" (its water paint, dont know the word in english) which i wanna mix with hair gel...

than i've just made this, not sure how it will fully dry at the sun, as water goes off (100% !?) and i get something hard at the end
i used transparent & yellow gel, and didnt mix to much, to keep a final slime with different aspects

IMGP1788 (resized).JPGIMGP1788 (resized).JPG

IMGP1789 (resized).JPGIMGP1789 (resized).JPG

IMGP1790 (resized).JPGIMGP1790 (resized).JPG

IMGP1791 (resized).JPGIMGP1791 (resized).JPG

IMGP1792 (resized).JPGIMGP1792 (resized).JPG

if it doesnt work, almost there's an idea here to try something similar (may be with some other material)

i'm back later to show you (or not) how it show in the pin

#16830 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dammit! You're right.

#16831 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The only caveat to that is, they must have assumed the code was complete on Spider-Man VE, and proceeded.

#16832 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, the "printed" slime seen above is already OK of course, but slime is slime, it has to be more realistic with some consistency & 3d appearance
than, i'm not sure if i'm mad, or just crazy (feel the diff ? lol), but got that idea this morning when going at supermarket
i found a bootle of green "gouache" (its water paint, dont know the word in english) which i wanna mix with hair gel...
than i've just made this, not sure how it will fully dry at the sun, as water goes off (100% !?) and i get something hard at the end
i used transparent & yellow gel, and didnt mix to much, to keep a final slime with different aspects

if it doesnt work, almost there's an idea here to try something similar (may be with some other material)
i'm back later to show you (or not) how it show in the pin

The material looks good! Like the clarity. But I don't know why people want to draw attention to their ramp airball plastics. Its better if that piece just 'disappeared' in the view IMO.

#16833 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The material looks good! Like the clarity. But I don't know why people want to draw attention to their ramp airball plastics. Its better if that piece just 'disappeared' in the view IMO.

Interesting point. Didn't even think of that. I guess by dressing it up a bit it may seem like less of a preventative measure and more like intentional artwork added to the playfield? I'll be curious to see what it looks like when my Premium gets here.

#16834 7 years ago

... interesting points of view, with or without artwork on these plastics (to be honest i dont know, not a prob to redo new ones if needeed)

and its still drying, but for sure the gel is full of water, as more its drying, more its simply disapearing and losing consistency
we need something else to get that "transparency" feeling (glue ? transparent silicon ?)

now, with the gouache, i get another idea to directly paint (well, put drops and let them fall) on the inner cab sides, just need a syringue to do this proprely & slowly

#16835 7 years ago

I have tried Slime, thats the right color but doesnt dry correctly, sadly.
Also bought Green Plastic Food resin, not liquid enough for the affect, and doesnt stick right.
Green Silicone....wrong shade, even when I dyed some clear.

The last thing on my list is to get some Plasti Goop, used in Mattels Creepy crawler set, and I think this will work.

Hard though for production, but Im having fun...although my wife hates my "experiments" in the Kitchen!

Good Luck Ripley!

slime1 (resized).JPGslime1 (resized).JPG

slime2 (resized).JPGslime2 (resized).JPG

slime (resized).jpgslime (resized).jpg

slime3 (resized).JPGslime3 (resized).JPG

slime4 (resized).JPGslime4 (resized).JPG

#16836 7 years ago

lol

and you're welcome (about your wife, mine is still OK, but its just because i'm NOT doing it in the kitchen !!!)

#16837 7 years ago

btw, i like the idea of the ghost train, but on what transparent vynil can you print correctly ?
my previous attemps are very bad

#16838 7 years ago

I use a removable and nonremovable clear vinyl by Orafol (Oracal) which prints perfectly but I have a commercial grade Roland printer.

I like using the removable vinyl for prototypes and samples as it's easy to reposition or replace without ruining the decal or mucking up the substrate. The other advantage to removable vinyl is that if at some point you don't want the design on the plastic or prefer something else it very easily peels away with no issue.

If anyone would like to try it let me know and I'll print your artwork for your plastic for free if you dont mind covering the shipping. I'd like to feedback and ideas for this vinyl as well. It will also be contour cut so no trimming on your end. Just peel and stick (remove and reapply if nesessary).

#16839 7 years ago

Pink slime.

There actually is no green slime in either Ghostbusters movie.

#16840 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Pink slime.
There actually is no green slime in either Ghostbusters movie.

Ghostbusters slimed card catalog (resized).pngGhostbusters slimed card catalog (resized).png

slime-bill-murray-1200x675 (resized).jpgslime-bill-murray-1200x675 (resized).jpg

#16841 7 years ago

That's clear snot/slime.

Not Green.

#16842 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

That's clear snot/slime.
Not Green.

Oh come on the library is maybe clear or very light green but Murry is obviously green.

#16843 7 years ago

Murray's slime is clear. Look closer. The puddle next to his head looks greenish...but it's mixing with the carpet color. Murray's slime is see-through.

Point is, green slime is a bit over done is Ghostbusters marketing, art work, etc....it comes from Slimer being green.....so the slime color itself gets thrown in with that.

There really is no solid green slime in either movie.

The only slime that is colored in the two movies is the psychomagnotheric slime, which is pink.

#16844 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I use a removable and nonremovable clear vinyl by Orafol (Oracal) which prints perfectly but I have a commercial grade Roland printer.
I like using the removable vinyl for prototypes and samples as it's easy to reposition or replace without ruining the decal or mucking up the substrate. The other advantage to removable vinyl is that if at some point you don't want the design on the plastic or prefer something else it very easily peels away with no issue.
If anyone would like to try it let me know and I'll print your artwork for your plastic for free if you dont mind covering the shipping. I'd like to feedback and ideas for this vinyl as well. It will also be contour cut so no trimming on your end. Just peel and stick (remove and reapply if nesessary).

tanx for the explanations
and also for the proposal, which should get some interest (but in my case lets forget it as i'm in Belgium, lets see how it goes, no urge on this )

#16845 7 years ago

Looks like GB Premiums on the line, Stern's facebook live feed..

#16846 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

btw, i like the idea of the ghost train, but on what transparent vynil can you print correctly ?
my previous attemps are very bad

I did a paper cut out yesterday of about 6 scale sizes to find the right one.
Next step is on removable clear in a color laser, mounted on Lexan, and then Ill make a post.

Quoted from stpcore:

I gotta run, but Ill send you a PM so we might chat....Gladly pay for all your time, and thanks for the offer of help!!!!!

Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Point is, green slime is a bit over done is Ghostbusters marketing, art work, etc....it comes from Slimer being green.....so the slime color itself gets thrown in with that.

I tend to agree, its just most all of the threads and hands on are with the LE right now, and we have been "marketed"
the green in goo, toys, and our game.

In some cases, i want green for personal use, but for what should be a commercial product, to fit with Premiums and Pros,
I agree it should be Pink/pinkish Purple....Blends and compliments rather than contrasts....

However, I think we all see our tastes differently..

I even felt I could add the toy with slime in it as flasher cap and get the slime to light and bubble with a flasher signal!

I am maybe dreaming too much!

slime flasher2 (resized).JPGslime flasher2 (resized).JPG

slime flasher (resized).JPGslime flasher (resized).JPG

#16847 7 years ago

Awwwww...Flynnibus.....did you get butt-hurt with me explaining colors to you?

It's OK. It will wear off eventually.

#16848 7 years ago

(nice about the train)

and than, as said, while drying all water has gone from hair gel... but a small colored pelicule remind on the plastic, than was taking advantage of the situation

i than mixed transparent glue & gouache for the next step
and final step only the transparent glue.. as it, i have some consistency, its looks really nice, pity pics didnt do it justice

now, evbd can do it (or not), its personal taste

IMGP1793 (resized).JPGIMGP1793 (resized).JPG

IMGP1794 (resized).JPGIMGP1794 (resized).JPG

IMGP1795 (resized).JPGIMGP1795 (resized).JPG

IMGP1796 (resized).JPGIMGP1796 (resized).JPG

IMGP1797 (resized).JPGIMGP1797 (resized).JPG

#16849 7 years ago

Sorry we are so far apart...we are both trying for the same look!

Im sure if we were closer, it would be like 10 year olds with a new Chemistry set!!

Oh the mess and trouble we could get into, Ripley!

#16850 7 years ago

STERN just uploaded a video on Face Book showing GB Premiums on the line. Not sure if they are domestic or exports but it looks that STERN has finally turned its attention to the Premiums. Good news for those of us who have been waiting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/337?hl=mnpinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.