IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 360.
#16651 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Score's not the reason for complaints. "Mode flow" is. You can get billions and only see "Who Brought the Dog". Which modes did you get through?

exactly, some of my best games i didnt focus on scenes at all. 1.4 billion and i dont think i did any scenes, maybe one. the rest was just capturing ghosts, working on super jackpots, PKE frenzy, playfield multipliers during multi ball, or stacking those with loopin supers or whatever. lots of points to be had without ever touching the scenes.

#16652 7 years ago

Flipper gap does not bother me at all.
Not sure why every game I have played has the flippers angled down so low though. Makes back handing tough and all the shots are a bit off compared to all my other Sterns. Very tempted to angle them back straight and see how it plays on my location Pro for a bit.
Does this bother anyone else or just me?
I can live with it but I sure like them better not angled down so much.

#16653 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Flipper gap does not bother me at all.
Not sure why every game I have played has the flippers angled down so low though. Makes back handing tough and all the shots are a bit off compared to all my other Sterns. Very tempted to angle them back straight and see how it plays on my location Pro for a bit.
Does this bother anyone else or just me?
I can live with it but I sure like them better not angled down so much.

The low angle helps alot with the left captive ball, the left proton pack targets, and the far right scoop. Those are all pretty wide shots - not sure how easy they would be with a higher flipper setting. Agree though, seems a bit off if jumping between other Stern games and GB - takes a bit to adjust.

#16654 7 years ago

Not clear on how this mode works.

#16655 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not clear on how this mode works.

i'm still getting my head around it, but collect 80 ghosts to start it. left orbits seem to score a lot of points with the spinner, as well as hitting a nice right ramp shot where it flows across all three switches. I need to experiment a little more with that mode.

#16656 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

i'm still getting my head around it, but collect 80 ghosts to start it. left orbits seem to score a lot of points with the spinner, as well as hitting a nice right ramp shot where it flows across all three switches. I need to experiment a little more with that mode.

Yeh, the right ramp flashes and the arrow is lit, but I cant work out what it does when when you hit the ramp. Other switches seem to add value to something during the mode.

#16657 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, the right ramp flashes and the arrow is lit, but I cant work out what it does when when you hit the ramp. Other switches seem to add value to something during the mode.

I thought the spinner and upper rollovers built the hurry up that was collected at the right ramp. I could be 1000% wrong about that.

#16658 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I thought the spinner and upper rollovers built the hurry up that was collected at the right ramp. I could be 1000% wrong about that.

Thats what I thought also, but hitting the right ramp the light just stays flashing and there doesnt seem to be any sound/video to indicate youve collected the hurry up. Admittedly, its hard to look up and see if youve collected anything.

#16659 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thats what I thought also, but hitting the right ramp the light just stays flashing and there doesnt seem to be any sound/video to indicate youve collected the hurry up.

I experienced the same thing. Finally got it up the ramp and across all three switches but nothing happened.(?)

#16660 7 years ago

Anyone toying with the idea of adapting something like this for a topper and/or accent?

ebay.com link: itm

I am thinking about doing one in green and modifying some slimmer images to appear. Would take some work.

#16661 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Anyone toying with the idea of adapting something like this for a topper and/or accent?
ebay.com link
I am thinking about doing one in green and modifying some slimmer images to appear. Would take some work.

That's pretty cool, beyond my abilities though. Let us know how it goes if you decide to put it together.

#16662 7 years ago

Well, Heres my story.

I starting working on a Plastic protector for airballs a few weeks ago, and started with a spare plastic that covered the 2 ramp targets.

Our gracious Pinsider, RipleYYY, Made a plastic and posted a template. so this took me to the next step.
A Big Thanks to RipleYYY for getting the ball rolling!

In starting with this, the left side wasnt anchored, and I keep getting plastic lift, slowing the ball down a bit, and eventually one air ball snapped it. This was less the new cover and likely as much the type of plastic I had laying around.
I still wasnt happy and extended it further to keep it from being hit while going up the ramps.

Now for this old guy, I no longer had scroll saws, and bench sanders and wheels...gave them all up a few years ago, so Im left with a Jigsaw, and a $10 harbor freight flex shaft and files.

The first 3 trials had issues, breaks, not covering well enough, and basically 2 hours each one, to fail over 2 days!
Needed more speed, more Lexan, and some power help.

Off to Harbor freight sale, and a little tiny 4"bench grinder, some new clamps, and cutting went faster.

The pic below will show some of the iterations...3 of the 7 I made.

I needed it longer, and had it resting on the metal ramp, but it was always arching a bit.

So to keep it all working, I notched the plastic for the ramp, and worked the anchor points.

The big issue.....Slimer dragging his butt. He has been hitting the metal since day one.
I pulled up some slack, and used the rubber post ring trick, but it didnt stay on long in testing.
Slimer was being a real pain about this. I rounded the edges, and removed as much as I could from the Plastic,
and he "rolls" around the right plastic edge coming out, but is clean going home.

Well I want perfection, and got into the slimer assembly. With a bit of pressure, the set screw came loose, and I raised the whole Arm a quarter inch and tightened. Cool, he is doing a better job coming out now, but not perfect.

So I go under the playfield and pull the whole Slimer assembly...its only 4 screws. So I started with washers, to lift the back, change the angle and move the whole assembly higher. Then 1/4" spacer. 3/4" 1"! No luck.
I bend the metal mounting bracket and repeat all, longer screws, angled spacers....Finally got slimer to not hit anything! Success!

WRONG. No its to high for a ball to hit. I reverse my steps, and test every combo....High enough to not rub, is too high for a ball to hit.

Tweaked it as best I can, and its back to rolling around the edge. Ill get a video up soon.

Grinding, filing, some more pieces, Im covered with Sweat and Plastic, and getting a bit pissed!

I am happy to say though, Ive reached a point where I am happy.
Less worried about Slimer hitting metal and creating wear, it rolls smoothly around the edge.

Notched the plastic for the ramp. and an adjustable hole on the left.

Ordered a bunch of ECto1 Old and New Matchbox, to mount on top of ambulance art, on the plastic.

Not sure about decals, but this is off to Pingraphics, to cut some more by laser, and sample out some art...if needed at all.....
Slime in Green or Purple is on the try list, but can you guys suggest any other ideas of art for the plastic that helps blend?

Very interesting and scary to start disassembling a new game so much!

Play testing tonight with no issues....happy with the results, but here to hear your thoughts and suggestions, so we can get this in production!

Air ball protector (resized).jpgAir ball protector (resized).jpg

Air ball protector2 (resized).jpgAir ball protector2 (resized).jpg

Air ball protector full (resized).jpgAir ball protector full (resized).jpg

Air ball protector sample trials (resized).jpgAir ball protector sample trials (resized).jpg

#16663 7 years ago

Wire fix installed.

20160822_232226 (resized).jpg20160822_232226 (resized).jpg

IMG_1221 (resized).JPGIMG_1221 (resized).JPG

#16664 7 years ago

OPG looks good, put me down for one of your protectors (still waiting on my GBLE)

#16665 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wire fix installed.

Is this available to all owners?

#16666 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Is is available to all owners?

Hey Kevin. If your wire is bending I would call Stern. I am still trying to forget the round at Pinburgh with the Monster Bash.

Eric

#16667 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not sure about decals, but this is off to Pingraphics, to cut some more by laser, and sample out some art...if needed at all.....
Slime in Green or Purple is on the try list, but can you guys suggest any other ideas of art for the plastic that helps blend?
Very interesting and scary to start disassembling a new game so much!
Play testing tonight with no issues....happy with the results, but here to hear your thoughts and suggestions, so we can get this in production!

In toying with various plastic protectors as a temporary fix I would make note that tightening that nut or whatever on the left there over the plastic that covers those 3 balls ht by the newton ball. I spent a good hour after tightening too much it was affecting those balls from moving smoothly in there. The plastic was pushing down too much and/or affected that wire gate in there and the balls were getting stuck or not flowing smooth and bouncing back down. Just an FYI to make people cautious of as it cost me a few hours of frustration trying to get it back to working right again.

#16668 7 years ago

Those look great, OLDPINGUY!!! I'd just assume have mine all clear. Hopefully you offer with and without decals.

#16669 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hey Kevin. If your wire is bending I would call Stern. I am still trying to forget the round at Pinburgh with the Monster Bash.
Eric

Hey Eric! Had to go back and check the stats from that round since I couldn't remember - I went 6-6, not too bad but I can see why you'd want to forget it

My GB wire isn't bending because I put an extra ball in there but this kit seems like a good preventative measure. I'll have to give them a call.

#16670 7 years ago

My GB wire isn't bending because I put an extra ball in there but this kit seems like a good preventative measure. I'll have to give them a call.

I just put that PBL piece of plastic in there to keep the wire from bending. Had to sand the bottom of it to wedge it in place but it's working great.

#16671 7 years ago

Hey Eric! Had to go back and check the stats from that round since I couldn't remember - I went 6-6, not too bad but I can see why you'd want to forget it

Yeah, there is absolutely no way the wire will bend with this kit.

#16672 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Our gracious Pinsider, RipleYYY, Made a plastic and posted a template. so this took me to the next step.
A Big Thanks to RipleYYY for getting the ball rolling!

wow ! and enjoy of course

#16673 7 years ago

Anyone feel the PBL wire fix piece puts too much pressure on the play field? Worried it would crack the clear?

#16674 7 years ago

I called up Stern for the wire strengthener kit and it's on the way. Just had to give name/address/phone and the serial number.

#16675 7 years ago

I see some GB's with a green DMD. Is that just a filter you put on it or a complete new DMD?

#16676 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I see some GB's with a green DMD. Is that just a filter you put on it or a complete new DMD?

It's a new display w/ green LEDs (or a ColorDMD set to green). You can't filter green out of red.

#16677 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Most of us just used the green out of our hulks when we installed color

#16678 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Score's not the reason for complaints. "Mode flow" is. You can get billions and only see "Who Brought the Dog". Which modes did you get through?

And I play only one song in acdc most games. Who cares.. Multiple ways to play this one...

Same thing with lotr- completing modes isn't the only way to play.. Sttng is the same.

Building the super jackpot is the biggie for this game and then setting to to just milk that over and over...

#16679 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And I play only one song in acdc most games. Who cares.. Multiple ways to play this one...
Same thing with lotr- completing modes isn't the only way to play.. Sttng is the same.
Building the super jackpot is the biggie for this game and then setting to to just milk that over and over...

I've been playing for the modes lately, can't score that way really. What does it take to beat Gozer? How many F ing shots? I collected Gozer but haven't made it to Stay Puft yet.

Which is ok because I like to knock it out over a long time like TWD, except there Lyman had a couple of great code updates.

You can rack up big points as you get deeper on the skill shot loop to the Ecto.

Proton pack targets are worthlessly integrated, needs a Slimer MB and another mini wizard mode.

All in all, really excellent at this point.

#16680 7 years ago

Finally ordered, received and modified my 1:6 scale books from Ebay

ebay.com link: 1 6 Scale VINTAGE STYLE BOOKS Set of 10 Prop Books Miniature Book Play Scale

Added some thin cardboard/oaktag weight paper to each book using E6000 to glue it in because each book was naturally "fatter" at the spine and when they were all stacked up, the whole stack leaned (a lot!)

So the extra thick paper I inserted was toward the "open end" of the book so when stacked they would be more flat

Then I used the E6000 to glue each book to each other - then let this dry

Then, importantly and lastly, I used more E6000 to lay a good amount across the open pages side of the stack to literally cement all the pages closed and create a more monolithic tower that could withstand a potential ball hit

Thought it came out great and to attach it I simply used a small piece of adhesive style velcro

20160823_205848 (resized).jpg20160823_205848 (resized).jpg20160823_205908 (resized).jpg20160823_205908 (resized).jpg20160823_205925 (resized).jpg20160823_205925 (resized).jpg20160823_205854 (resized).jpg20160823_205854 (resized).jpg

#16681 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

mmmmmmm milk

#16682 7 years ago

I hopped onto pinball map to see if maybe someone posted a Ghostbusters location in the Boise area. Turns out there is a LE on location so Ill get to check it out. Be interesting to see if the inserts are ghosting.

Screenshot_2016-08-23-21-04-06 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-08-23-21-04-06 (resized).png

#16683 7 years ago

Had our first issue with our location Pro model today.
The autoplunger completely fell out of the ball trough.
Not a big deal. It is just held in place by one tiny phillips screw that came loose.
Luckily it did not bounce very far away and was easy to find.
Gotta say, for all the game play this one is getting, it is holding up well.

Oh, and we did have to lower the coil strength on the left scoop kickout as it was just shooting the ball down the middle every time.
Now it ejects softly to the center of the left flipper.
Not what I wanted, but without adjusting the scoop, no setting would get it over to the right flipper like it is designed to do.
Perhaps I can play with the angle of the scoop a bit later. Not sure how this got past beta testing. It was barely hitting the right flipper tip when we first got it.

#16684 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

...and we did have to lower the coil strength on the left scoop kickout as it was just shooting the ball down the middle every time.
Now it ejects softly to the center of the left flipper.
Not what I wanted, but without adjusting the scoop, no setting would get it over to the right flipper like it is designed to do.
Perhaps I can play with the angle of the scoop a bit later. Not sure how this got past beta testing. It was barely hitting the right flipper tip when we first got it.

My experience has been the same. The left scoop would feed the tip of the right flipper when I first got the game, then progressed into middle drains nearly every time. Increasing the coil strength gave the same result. Setting the coil strength to "18" has worked for me to feed the left flipper consistently and I'm okay with it that way.

#16685 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

My experience has been the same. The left scoop would feed the tip of the right flipper when I first got the game, then progressed into middle drains nearly every time. Increasing the coil strength gave the same result. Setting the coil strength to "18" has worked for me to feed the left flipper consistently and I'm okay with it that way.

I did the same thing have it at 23 still annoying because I feel it should go to the right

#16686 7 years ago

I have mine set at 40 and it bounces off middle right flipper and softly bounces to left flipper. Before i bought a digital torpedo and used my phone apps to level table it would catch the tip of right flipper so i had it turned up to 42 but it bounced to hard off right flipper making it hard to catch with the left.

#16687 7 years ago

It does feed the right flipper... well at least the way I do it

I lowered the left scoop power down, and then it dribbles the ball out to the left flipper and then I let it dead bounce to right and then catch and hold it. I kind of like it that way.

#16688 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It does feed the right flipper... well at least the way I do it
I lowered the left scoop power down, and then it dribbles the ball out to the left flipper and then I let it dead bounce to right and then catch and hold it. I kind of like it that way.

The issue there at least for Pro table is the right saucer kicks the ball to left flipper and perfectly bounces to right flipper and i dont want both kickouts to feed right flipper shots.

#16689 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The issue there at least for Pro table is the right saucer kicks the ball to left flipper and perfectly bounces to right flipper and i dont want both kickouts to feed right flipper shots.

I have tried so many settings and mine will just go SDTM from the left kickout, no matter what power setting I try. I just figure Stern needs to give me a new playfield eventually anyways, so hopefully they dial that one in and it works the way it was designed. Personally, I agree w/ you that it should shoot to the right flipper. Unless I take it apart and try to tweak it, theres no way it will do that unfortunately. Bad assembly or design IMO.

#16690 7 years ago

They have to do extremely little play testing can't believe how many issues that are pretty easy to fix GB is shipping with.

Slimer mechanism
Slimer draging
Captive ball bending
Air balls off the multipliers
Airballs off multipliers

Some have been fixed at factory already but really no excuss why any of these problems shipped then there's that flipper gap which somehow made it to the final build
Left scoop not firing right

#16691 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have tried so many settings and mine will just go SDTM from the left kickout, no matter what power setting I try. I just figure Stern needs to give me a new playfield eventually anyways, so hopefully they dial that one in and it works the way it was designed. Personally, I agree w/ you that it should shoot to the right flipper. Unless I take it apart and try to tweak it, theres no way it will do that unfortunately. Bad assembly or design IMO.

Have you checked make sure the cliffy is installed right? Mine is tight against both sides in the hole but i could see if it wasnt tight would maybe effect the angle the ball kicks out in. I dont see a way to adjust the VUK except to bend the entire thing. One thing i just noticed looking under the playfield at the VUK is my cliffy has a screw hole in the front of it but no screw in it is that the way everybodys is?

#16692 7 years ago

What do people have their games leveled at? My bubble on this one is WAY off, must be faulty cause I have it at like 6.7-7.0 and the bubble is NOWHERE even close to centered. Not that I really ever trust the bubbles but this one just doesn't seem right at all.

#16693 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have tried so many settings and mine will just go SDTM from the left kickout, no matter what power setting I try.

Make sure you change the left kickout power, not the right.. At low power (like 15) it should just dribble out to the left flipper...

Rob

#16694 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What do people have their games leveled at? My bubble on this one is WAY off, must be faulty cause I have it at like 6.7-7.0 and the bubble is NOWHERE even close to centered. Not that I really ever trust the bubbles but this one just doesn't seem right at all.

About 7.1. I don't pay attention to the bubble.

Rob

#16695 7 years ago

What is the phone app for leveling / angle?

#16696 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Make sure you change the left kickout power, not the right.. At low power (like 15) it should just dribble out to the left flipper...
Rob

Yeah that's what I originally posted I did. Mine is set at 25 and it dribbles to left flipper perfectly.

#16697 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

PinGuy

#16698 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I got mine at 6.7 and the bubble on game is way off.

Pinball leveller is one but i recommend buying a craftsman digital torpedo level cause phone apps arent accurate enough.

#16699 7 years ago

On iPhone you can use the compass. Works ok, there is a bubble and hill level.

#16700 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I think the bubble is centred at 6.5 degrees which is the official "recommended" setting that almost no one follows. Mine is way off centre as well and my game is at 6.8.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/334?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.