IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 360.
#16501 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I found going slow keeps the blade from wandering, don't force the cut.

I just used a jig saw for the rough cut and a bench grinder to finish it up.

#16502 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

so he doesn't rub on the black metal captive ball cover.

Whats the long term issue that could occur should it not get raised?

#16503 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What's wrong with the le?

Better get comfy and grab your reading glasses.

#16504 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Whats the long term issue that could occur should it not get raised?

It was chipping the paint off the black metal captive ball guard. Once I ground down the cable thought I guess I could have lower it back down but it like it better not hitting.

#16505 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I found going slow keeps the blade from wandering, don't force the cut.

i simply did it slowly & calmy with hand saw, than curved part with a dremel, than finally smooth polish with lime...
ok, need time & swear, but at the end it makes you proud & happy

#16506 7 years ago

Video of my LE:

Special thanks to Pinball Supernova for filming it and helping out with setting up the game.

#16507 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i simply did it slowly & calmy with hand saw, than curved part with a dremel, than finally smooth polish with lime...
ok, need time & swear, but at the end it makes you proud & happy

Swearing helps a ton ... (in any language)

#16508 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Video of my LE:
» YouTube video
Special thanks to Pinball Supernova for filming it and helping out with setting up the game.

nice video - love these types especially as I wait patiently for my premium.

#16509 7 years ago

If you are all having the same issue I am with the auto plunge on the GBLE failing about 25% of the time ... here is some video I shot showing why ... now to fix it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/21#post-3294635

#16510 7 years ago

Got a chance to put some time on a GB Pro this weekend; the game is pretty fantastic. I was on the fence with GB and TWD, but now I'm pretty sold on GB. As everyone knows, it's a beautiful looking machine. The theme is also a winner for me. The flipper gap didn't bother as much as expected, but it may have helped that the outlines were as closed as possible with the posts. I heard from some on here about the right ramp being kind of poor, but I really enjoyed it. It's a tight shot, but easily doable. Yeah the ball goes up before it comes around to the flipper, but it's integrated nicely with earning more ghosts the further it goes up. I thought the game flowed nice and was rather smooth with the spinner shot, left ramp, and inlane shot. The storage facility multiball is easily achievable and is not an issue IMO. The modes seemed cool with nice integrated shots. I love how the arrows are utilized, makes knowing what to do very apparent unlike some other games. My only real issue is that some of the call outs are used too often and the PKE lanes are hard to see.

I was sold on a premium, but I really enjoyed the Pro, I'm kinda second guessing which one I should order now. Great game, hopefully Stern will get its S together with the playfields so I can order one.

#16511 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Got a chance to put some time on a GB Pro this weekend; the game is pretty fantastic. I was on the fence with GB and TWD, but now I'm pretty sold on GB. As everyone knows, it's a beautiful looking machine. The theme is also a winner for me. The flipper gap didn't bother as much as expected, but it may have helped that the outlines were as closed as possible with the posts. I heard from some on here about the right ramp being kind of poor, but I really enjoyed it. It's a tight shot, but easily doable. Yeah the ball goes up before it comes around to the flipper, but it's integrated nicely with earning more ghosts the further it goes up. I thought the game flowed nice and was rather smooth with the spinner shot, left ramp, and inlane shot. The storage facility multi all is easily achievable and is not an issue IMO. The modes seemed cool with nice integrated shots. I love how the arrows are uyilized, makes knowing what to go for very apparent unlike other games. My only real issue is that some of the call outs are used too often and the PKE lanes are hard to see.
I was sold on a premium, but I really enjoyed the Pro, I'm kinda second guessing which one I should order now. Great game, hopefully Stern will get its S together with the playfields so I can order one.

I had a similar experience - liking the game more than expected and decided to buy NIB. I went premium b/c why not get more of what you love. Felt like if I bought pro, I would be second guessing myself the entire time considering pro isn't cheap either. If you're in Ks, why not spend a little more and get the ultimate GB experience. My thoughts anyway. I did hold myself from spending more Ks for the LE b/c it wasn't more game - just cosmetics.

#16512 7 years ago

Some Pics and Ideas for you guys!

Started on adding some stuff!

From the left upper inlane, "P" an unlensed Matrix white brought power with a splitter and
3" extension to 2-10 SMD Frosted Purple strips, to give the whole city a sweet Purple Under Glow.
Ill likely add a dimmer control, and drop the brightness a little.
Any color works here, and in 6.3V, one can attach to the center flasher as well, using a matrix Flasher Socket Connector.

I chose instead at this time to change that flasher, add a 6 SMD PAD to replace the white circle, and ran a Green Pad up through Stay Puff to his Back for a lit and Flashing green behind him,

Any color will work, and one can alter the stock back splash lights, to any color to compliment.

Whats cool about this, is I can now go low cost and split these and other flashers for Under cabinet and Backbox Green or other, as well as bring into the Back box Flashers and more light!!!!

Under Cab and Back.....Maybe $20-$25, Back Box, a little more, and these were maybe $16.

Ill work on Apron, scoops, and rails next. I think I can do everything, everywhere, any color and change them around all I want for under $100....Im pleased.

I also added a mini figure Terror Dog, and Gertrude, (Librarian substitute) on the playfield.
I might paint the Terror Dog, and he is hollow if one wants to try to light eyes.
Gertrude is new, also a mini figure from Ebay, Purple and clear.

She also mounts with trimmed Velcro, and Lights up nicely, softening the dome Flasher with a nice Purple glow....

Lots more to do, but all lighting can be tapped with 6.3 V Matrix products!

gb_green_(resized).jpggb_green_(resized).jpg

gb_purple_city_(resized).jpggb_purple_city_(resized).jpg

gb_gertrude-librarian_(resized).jpggb_gertrude-librarian_(resized).jpg

GB_Terror_Dog2_(resized).jpgGB_Terror_Dog2_(resized).jpg

GB_Terror_Dog_(resized).jpgGB_Terror_Dog_(resized).jpg

#16513 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Some Pics and Ideas for you guys!
Started on adding some stuff!
From the left upper inlane, "P" an unlensed Matrix white brought power with a splitter and
3" extension to 2-10 SMD Frosted Purple strips, to give the whole city a sweet Purple Under Glow.
Ill likely add a dimmer control, and .....

Love 'em all Art, nice work!

#16514 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Premium no doubt. Nothing to think about. I've played the pro too.

As for TWD, it's great too!

Art, can you do a "kit list" so we can order what you did from Comet. Foreign language to me. You can never really fully retire!

#16515 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Got a chance to put some time on a GB Pro this weekend; the game is pretty fantastic. I was on the fence with GB and TWD, but now I'm pretty sold on GB. As everyone knows, it's a beautiful looking machine. The theme is also a winner for me. The flipper gap didn't bother as much as expected, but it may have helped that the outlines were as closed as possible with the posts. I heard from some on here about the right ramp being kind of poor, but I really enjoyed it. It's a tight shot, but easily doable. Yeah the ball goes up before it comes around to the flipper, but it's integrated nicely with earning more ghosts the further it goes up. I thought the game flowed nice and was rather smooth with the spinner shot, left ramp, and inlane shot. The storage facility multi all is easily achievable and is not an issue IMO. The modes seemed cool with nice integrated shots. I love how the arrows are uyilized, makes knowing what to go for very apparent unlike other games. My only real issue is that some of the call outs are used too often and the PKE lanes are hard to see.

It's the same thing as when you bought your vet. Sensible side of you said to get the stingray yet the other side of you said to go crazy and get the z06. Same with this but it's only a 2k difference. I say go for it on the premium then don't worry about having regrets. But you can't lose either way.

#16516 7 years ago

Oh Man, You want me to work for free now in My retirement!

To tap into 5V #89 bulb either use clips or Matrix 2 headed Splitter
1-6.3V 6 SMD PAD or 8 SMD Head for Center Light and Flash.
1 pc 12" Wire
1 6 SMD 6.3 Pad or strip to stick behind stay puff
(or anywhere else...train tracks, left side, under cab)

1-44/47 Natural White No Lens Matrix bulb
1 3" Wire
2-10 SMD Frosted Strips in your choice of color for city.
1 Splitter, 1-2 headed.
1 brightness screw.

This will light the city.

If you want to extend this elsewhere...Backbox, Under Cab or in Game, Grab some more Splitters, Wires and lights....36" Wire Plus to reach.

This is what I used, but because its open and creative, maybe on a Premium, youll want Ice Blue Railroad tracks on the wire ramp, or youll light something different...

Sorry, I hate making kits or lists when its all designed to think for a few minutes like lego, to
pick out colors and shapes....maybe someone wants different colored post lights under the city.

If its confusing, paste this to Ryan or Janet, and ask them maybe to make a kit, but once someone starts changing colors, the kit as a stock number fails, then its emails back and forth....
kinda the reason I retired....

#16517 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If its confusing, paste this to Ryan or Janet, and ask them maybe to make a kit, but once someone starts changing colors, the kit as a stock number fails, then its emails back and forth....
kinda the reason I retired....

Thanks again Art! You da man. Greatly appreciated.

Beers on me when we get a chance to meet up!

#16518 7 years ago

Art is actually an Uber driver now. Don't believe that retirement bullshit.

#16519 7 years ago

Not me...my office manager is doing Lyft.....

I just play with my stuff all day, nap, maybe run the vacuum....

#16520 7 years ago

Shit, That looks like a nose erection! Dont get excited, Blob, eh, Boob!

#16521 7 years ago

Too late.

#16522 7 years ago

Books added.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#16523 7 years ago

Those look sweet. Where did you get them?

#16524 7 years ago

man, those books look too cool.
reminds me of a street in san fran that has flying books suspended over the corner sidewalk.

#16525 7 years ago

the books look nice... just nead to avoid airballs

and @MT45, oups, of course need to read sweat and not swear

#16526 7 years ago

That looks really cool

#16527 7 years ago

1:6 scale vintage prop books for doll houses. The stack is blank and glued together. The spirit guide is printed on the inside. Both are held down via double stick outdoor 3m foam tape. All were purchased here.

ebay.com link: itm

#16528 7 years ago

I setup my new GB Pro tonight with the help of Archer600 (thank you!). ST Pro has moved on...

Game build date is July 27th and it has the upgraded Slimer as well as the metal support bracket for the center captive ball. The flippers are also more in line with the return lanes and not so droopy like first batches seem to be. I set the coils to soft and the game was leveled with a 7.1 degree pitch. Archer600 and I played it and it wasn't the drain monster I thought it would be. We both had really good games on the first time we played it. There were a a few airballs, but nothing worse than other new games I have had.

Everything worked extremely well, no issues to report.

If you look close, Slimer is taking a poo.... It was a loose strand of silicone...

Rob

20160815_211540_(resized).jpg20160815_211540_(resized).jpg
20160815_213247_(resized).jpg20160815_213247_(resized).jpg

#16529 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I setup my new GB Pro tonight with the help of Archer600 (thank you!). ST Pro has moved on...
Game build date is July 27th and it has the upgraded Slimer as well as the metal support bracket for the center captive ball. The flippers are also more in line with the return lanes and not so droopy like first batches seem to be. I set the coils to soft and the game was leveled with a 7.1 degree pitch. Archer600 and I played it and it wasn't the drain monster I thought it would be. We both had really good games on the first time we played it. There were a a few airballs, but nothing worse than other new games I have had.
Everything worked extremely well, no issues to report.
If you look close, Slimer is taking a poo.... It was a loose strand of silicone...
Rob

Well that's good news, hope it stays that way. Enjoy

#16530 7 years ago

Is the Slimer poo mod for sale?

#16532 7 years ago

The pro is nice but I think the premium with the cool subway ramp, Ecto goggles, magna slings and upgraded plastics are a lot of value for just a little more money.

If I could just find one in stock.....

#16533 7 years ago

A few more pics....got a Proton Pack from Ebay, around $15.
Nicely detailed, it came with a book of decals too! Storage facility received a nuclear waste symbol on the top of flasher and side, and so many were cool, I figured the lock down bar couldnt hurt.

Proton pack has a light, but left without trying to hack it.
I know it goes on the left, and there is room, but I liked it on the right. Velcro, and theres a hook for the proton wand that fits nice under the screw of the ramp cover to lock in.

It really looks like it belongs there, and more part of the game.

Books, and maybe the ecto 1, and toy mods, other than Mezels firehouse cover, are set.

Got some slime in, and now to cover, if possible, and slime up Slimers Black Box, and maybe arm....

gb4_(resized).jpggb4_(resized).jpg

gb3_(resized).jpggb3_(resized).jpg

gb2_(resized).jpggb2_(resized).jpg

gb5_(resized).jpggb5_(resized).jpg

#16534 7 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

1:6 scale vintage prop books for doll houses. All were purchased here.
ebay.com link

One set left!

#16535 7 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

One set left!

Not anymore...

#16536 7 years ago

Big thanks to everyone sharing your tips for keeping the PF protected and the DIY mods.
Now if only I could get my damn GB Premium shipped.

Any word yet?

#16537 7 years ago

Here is what I got when I opened my Pro last Friday. Kind of put a damper on the un-boxing party. Box looked good, maybe some slight signs of compression. Distributor is replacing it. Hopefully I don't have to wait another 4 months...

BackBoxLeft_(resized).jpgBackBoxLeft_(resized).jpg

BackBoxRight_(resized).jpgBackBoxRight_(resized).jpg

BackGlass1_(resized).jpgBackGlass1_(resized).jpg

BackGlass2_(resized).jpgBackGlass2_(resized).jpg

CabinetCorner_(resized).jpgCabinetCorner_(resized).jpg

#16538 7 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Big thanks to everyone sharing your tips for keeping the PF protected and the DIY mods.
Now if only I could get my damn GB Premium shipped.
Any word yet?

#16539 7 years ago

Is Cliffy making any protectors for this yet? It's nice that the left scoop comes with one stock but thinking the right saucer could benefit from something.

#16540 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Here is what I got when I opened my Pro last Friday. Kind of put a damper on the un-boxing party. Box looked good, maybe some slight signs of compression. Distributor is replacing it. Hopefully I don't have to wait another 4 months...

Oh man that sucks! Sorry about the game. looks like it must have gotten dropped in the box at some point? On a side note I can't believe how thin the cab decals are getting these days! I'd be hesitant to put a new Stern game on the end of a row out of fear that one of my kids would scrape the decal off with one of their toys.

#16541 7 years ago

Are premiums shipping yet?

#16542 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Ahh man! Sorry to hear about your machine. Like you said, hopefully the wait for your replacement won't be long. If you lived near me I'd invite you over to play mine while you wait it out. It's a great game and worth the wait in case you haven't played one yet. Cheers!

#16543 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

But how's the PLAYFIELD look?? bada-boom!

I joke as I'm sure you'll get a new machine.

#16544 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

WOW!!! That was compressed A LOT. Sorry you have to wait now. Did you take pictures of the unopened box? I always take pictures of all sides before I sign for it.

#16545 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Do you ship that back to Stern or your distributor? Or straight to the garbage dump?

#16546 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Keep this one! Doesn't matter! The replacement will look like shit after a couple of plays too?

No serious bummer dude..are you allowed to play it in the meantime??

#16547 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Any theories as to what happened? Dropped (or slammed down) really hard, palette side down?

#16548 7 years ago

If the playfield is not damaged may be better than a replacement for ghosting alone.

#16549 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Are premiums shipping yet?

I think we'll be waiting a fair amount of time on the Premiums. I suspect Stern is doing some real damage control with all the playfield issues (as they should).

#16550 7 years ago

Wow, lots of comments. I've played the game at shows and at a local bar a number of times so I know how it plays (tough). The box didn't look bad so it must have just been slammed on the ground hard. I didn't look at the play field, we just boxed it back up in disgust. The store I got it from is picking it up today and the distributor is working on the replacement. The distributor is supposed to be getting more in stock this week so hopefully the turn around won't be to long. I've only been waiting since April so what's another month

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

15,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/331?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.