• Premium 424 votes
    45%
  • LE 213 votes
    23%
  • Only if they offer one with the female Ghostbusetrs. 97 votes
    10%

(940 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,803 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic7 (resized).jpg
pic5 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170602_135331 (resized).jpg
flipper alignment 3 (resized).jpg
gb flipper alignment (resized).jpg
image2 (resized).JPG
IMGA0088 (resized).JPG
IMGA0087 (resized).JPG
terrordogs (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 360.
#16451 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Absolutely! Both colors!

Never understood the green slime thing. Slimer is green, but his "slime" is translucent-snot colored.

The psychomagnotheric slime from the 2nd movie is pink.

There is no green slime.

#16452 3 years ago

Peeks when available, please feel free
to make your own.
No pressures allowed in retirement! Ha!

Your right on the green, but it's there
and people want it.

Pink or Purple, or purple/pink,
It is to match or compliment the
Game.

#16453 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Loving this game! Just broke a billion again. Everything is still factory settings, no carrot flippers or center posts or anything....Don't feel like those changes are necessary.

Which modes did you get through? You can get a billion with only seeing "Who Brought The Dog". That's why people are modding - for "balance of content".

#16454 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Which modes did you get through? You can get a billion with only seeing "Who Brought The Dog". That's why people are modding - for "balance of content".

True this... my wife hit 1.1B the other night with only hitting Who Brought the Dog mode and also We Got One. I really don't care about scores on this game to justify not modding/modding this game. If you can play it in its stock form and have fun, great! Good for you.. for the rest of us, center post or carrot flippers are necessary to make everyone happy, including guests, kids, etc. Hell, even Stern's GBLE they have on the factory floor has carrot flippers.. I wonder why..

#16455 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe he wasn't implying that his score is why he doesn't feel mods are necessary.

#16456 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Peeks when available, please feel free
to make your own.
No pressures allowed in retirement! Ha!f
Your right on the green, but it's there
and people want it.
Pink or Purple, or purple/pink,
It is to match or compliment the
Game.

I have made two so far and I will still buy a pro produced example,I made my last one with a small part over the ghost target,you can't do much because of the slimmer hitting it but it still helps with air balls off the ghost target,hope you guy remember that target along with the ramp stand ups

#16457 3 years ago

Thank you for sharing this!

#16458 3 years ago

I thought some owners said that reducing the flipper strength takes care of most airballs. Has anyone here tried this?

#16459 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:I thought some owners said that reducing the flipper strength takes care of most airballs. Has anyone here tried this?

People have said reducing flipper strength helps with the Scolari targets and the bounce back from them - but in my experience no change. I can't speak for other Premium/LE air balls as I have a Pro.

#16460 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I thought some owners said that reducing the flipper strength takes care of most airballs. Has anyone here tried this?

Doesn't help, I think it just causes the ball to stay in the poppers too long- at least on my game. The plastic above the left ramp solves the crazy airball issue off that ramp, so I turned my coils back to normal. All the other weird airballs are settling down now though. That left ramp will never settle down though- it needs a plastic there no matter what you do.

#16461 3 years ago

If anyone creates a plastic airball protector and is looking for artwork printing for the plastic I would be happy to help out on the printing end.

#16462 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Doesn't help, I think it just causes the ball to stay in the poppers too long- at least on my game.

Flipper strength is separate from coil strength, no?

#16463 3 years ago

Scoleri boys ain't the problem. Lowering flipper power does nothing for that left ramp.

I try and finesse that shot and I'll get air balls off the glass all the way back to shooter lane

The ramp is an easy shot, it's the one on the left that causes an average player like me to miss it

The outlanes are forgiving and flipper gap really no big deal.

I love this pin so far but the degree of difficulty isn't even in the same universe as TWD

#16464 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

If anyone creates a plastic airball protector and is looking for artwork printing for the plastic I would be happy to help out on the printing end.

I believe that Pingragfix will have a product
out shortly, if you wish yo reach him on graphics

#16465 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks. I imagine Pingrafix probably does printing in-house.

#16466 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Keep us posted Art!

#16467 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Staypuft was lit, storage multiball.....idk what else. PKE frenzy maybe? Meh it's a lot of fun!

#16468 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'm at the beach, on the deck, drink in hand,
Pinbaalls turned on, ready with a fatty, and
Some fresh caught red snapper!
Pretty damn retired!
An open invitation to visit!

Oh man I need to get a pin down here in FL. All I need is the fresh red snapper!!

#16469 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Does anyone know what the two red inserts at the bottom of the outlines are for? Sometimes they flash and sometimes they are solid and light independent of each other. Nothing seams to happen when I lose a ball in the outlane when they are on.

Do these two inserts have anything to do with the same insert under the spinner?

#16470 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Keep us posted Art!

My Pleasure.

We have a couple designs that are
based on what's been shared.
Joe knows his stuff, and decals
of course, will be top notch like his
snake mod for MET.
I'm the tester, and if needed I hope
to share and get feedback.
It's a badly needed mod, but a little patience.
Hopefully some pics on about a week or so.

Quoted from Bing_Party:

Oh man I need to get a pin down here in FL. All I need is the fresh red snapper!!

Any fresh "snapper* will work! wink wink

I also wondered about the red lights.
Haven't noticed any code yet.
Affect? Or maybe it's for the proton beams?

#16471 3 years ago

Been waiting 4 months and Cancelled my Premium today.
Sad, but I think I'll wait till they get a few things straightened out.

#16472 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Mine ghosted and fell off. I have contacted Stern for a new glass, but no word as of yet............

I mylared mine. Then PM'd Cliffy.

#16473 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Been waiting 4 months and Cancelled my Premium today.
Sad, but I think I'll wait till they get a few things straightened out.

I'm betting on it being fixed by the time premiums roll but it's a bet

#16474 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I'm betting on it being fixed by the time premiums roll but it's a bet

First couple of LE's that were made in August look good so far......keeping my eyes peeled.....

#16475 3 years ago

ok, get some free time today, than spend the morning to make another (final) set of protectors using my template...
and as 1 time (and only 1 time) i get a ball flying over the right jump-ramp to hit Stay Puft, i make a longer plastic for there too

IMGP1774_(resized).JPG
IMGP1775_(resized).JPG
IMGP1776_(resized).JPG
IMGP1777_(resized).JPG
IMGP1778_(resized).JPG
IMGP1779_(resized).JPG
IMGP1780_(resized).JPG

now we still need 2 more for... the Brothers targets, but its just impossible there :/

#16476 3 years ago

EDIT OF EARLIER POST: VERSION #2 PLASTIC FOR GBLE NOW AVAILABLE
Earlier post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/328#post-3290495
Changes from earlier version:
1) Fixed Slimer butt dragging by reshaping plastic
2) Fixed ball "touching" the plastic on way up ramp by removing 6MM of material from rear
3) Found a VERY nice jigsaw blade that cuts Lexan like a dream (Bosch Laminate blade - Home Depot)
4) Note to use a 5/32 bit when drilling out post holes
5) Note, Lexan was purchase at Home Depot (8x10, .093)
Linked is my new "version 2" template. Print the PDF at full size, NO scale to fit. I've included some measurements in millimeters so you'll know if it printed to scale. Enjoy!
When you cut it out, the "104MM" side is the side that is closest to the ramp flap as the ball passes underneath and has the greatest chance of the ball touching it as it flies upward - cut that side tight, cut away your trace line ... it's OK if that side is shaved away a little more as it's the back and does not protect against airballs BUT, if left too deep, it could allow the ball to touch on the way up the ramp.
GET TEMPLATE HERE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aPFmNkJCM7aXkwWHNxZU0tTk0/view?usp=sharing
20160813_095628_(resized).jpg
20160813_095600_(resized).jpg20160813_095648_(resized).jpg20160813_101021_(resized).jpg20160813_104942_(resized).jpg20160813_104948_(resized).jpg20160813_104954_(resized).jpg20160813_105005_(resized).jpg
20160813_113308_(resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago: Jigsaw blade I used are Bosch T101AOF (there was one of these in the Home Depot multi-pack I bought - you can see it in the image)

You can get a 5 pack below on Amazon. I've cut at least 6 test samples with my one blade and it's still perfect

amazon.com link »

#16477 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

First couple of LE's that were made in August look good so far......keeping my eyes peeled.....

LE's built this month (August) are still shipping with bad playfields.

I have personally played an LE built this month that had clear cracking around some ghosted inserts while several other inserts were just starting to ghost.

#16478 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

LE's built this month (August) are still shipping with bad playfields.
I have personally played an LE built this month that had clear cracking around some ghosted inserts while several other inserts were just starting to ghost.

What was the playfield date?

#16479 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

EDIT OF EARLIER POST: VERSION #2 PLASTIC FOR GBLE NOW AVAILABLE
Earlier post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/328#post-3290495
Changes from earlier version:
1) Fixed Slimer butt dragging by reshaping plastic
2) Fixed ball "touching" the plastic on way up ramp by removing 6MM of material from rear
3) Found a VERY nice jigsaw blade that cuts Lexan like a dream (Bosch Laminate blade - Home Depot)
4) Note to use a 5/32 bit when drilling out post holes
5) Note, Lexan was purchase at Home Depot (8x10, .093)
Linked is my new "version 2" template. Print the PDF at full size, NO scale to fit. I've included some measurements in millimeters so you'll know if it printed to scale. Enjoy!
GET TEMPLATE HERE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aPFmNkJCM7cENkemtfY082aXM/view?usp=sharing

Going to sell any, by chance?

#16480 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, get some free time today, than spend the morning to make another (final) set of protectors using my template...
and as 1 time (and only 1 time) i get a ball flying over the right jump-ramp to hit Stay Puft, i make a longer plastic for there too
now we still need 2 more for... the Brothers targets, but its just impossible there :/

Is that how the clear arrow inserts are supposed to look? They look a little... odd in the pics.

I gotta say - between Stern's PF problems and JT's design "deficiencies" (air balls, bending wire, outlane hopping, etc)... this
game is keeping you guys REAL busy. But that's not a bad thing in this hobby right? (assuming the PF's get fixed somehow).

#16481 3 years ago

Until someone sells a plastic for the airballs, I found some dead drop foam in a few strategic spots greatly reduced the airballs along with the easy coil setting. I put some on the targets and on the metal edges. Much more enjoyable game when these are under control.

IMG_0830_(resized).JPG

#16482 3 years ago

yes, the plastic is not perfect, you can see lots of "i dont know how to call them" (english not my native language - sorry), depend of the angle view

this was already talked before, some others guys can explain better than me

#16483 3 years ago

Made my own airball plastic. It works great. Might replace it if a nicer looking one is made for sale. I like the 3rd mounting point on mine.

Cranked the magna slings up to 60. Love the way it plays now.

20160813_163804_(resized).jpg

#16484 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, the plastic is not perfect, you can see lots of "i dont know how to call them" (english not my native language - sorry), depend of the angle view
this was already talked before, some others guys can explain better than me

Hey even in English we don't know what to call Stern's latest odd insert issues

I bet they look fine lit up and that's what matters more in the end.

#16485 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

What was the playfield date?

The playfield date I believe was July 22 as it had "7-22" written on the front edge when lifted out of the cabinet.

#16486 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

So I took a real close look at your pics - really nice job on this. I cut a cardboard template tonight. After a few attempts, I got the correct geometry. Cut a piece from lexan and install and voila! it works. Cuts down on airballs a ton.
The ball juuuuust barely touches the back side of it as it climbs the ramp. Not enough to slow it down. Also, note that my Slimer hits his butt on the plastic as he returns to the city .... no change from before because he hit his butt on the black metal even before i added the plastic.
Attached is my template. Print the PDF at full size, NO scale to fit. I've included some measurements in millimeters so you'll know if it printed to scale. Enjoy!
GET TEMPLATE HERE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aPFmNkJCM7emh5b0xTQWxnQ1k/view?usp=sharing

Added yesterday: EDIT - EDIT - EDIT ... Version 2 is now available for download. Find new posting here:
xxx
Fixed Slimer butt dragging by reshaping plastic
Fixed ball "touching" the plastic on way up ramp by removing 6MM of material from rear
Found a VERY nice jigsaw blade that cuts Lexan like a dream (Bosch Laminate blade - Home Depot)
Added yesterday: New posting is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/330#post-3292934

Thanks for sharing the template! I printed it out and made my own with a scroll saw. I'm still having issues with the ball hitting it on a ramp shot/rollback, but it certainly stops the airballs until a more permanent solution is found.

IMG_20160813_180646_(resized).jpg

#16487 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Thanks for sharing the template! I printed it out and made my own with a scroll saw. I'm still having issues with the ball hitting it on a ramp shot/rollback, but it certainly stops the airballs until a more permanent solution is found.

You're welcome. Did you use my new template?

Edit: looks like you did from the image. Wonder if drilling the left hole closer to rear of piece would allow the entire plastic to then move forward just enough. Mine's not hitting now, at least that I can see ... moves pretty fast up that ramp!

#16488 3 years ago

24 hours with my GBLE. Playfield looks good so far but these airballs are totally crazy. Never seen anything like it. Only took one game to see It was way out of control and not good. How could Stern not do something to fix? So ridiculous. Worried about playing longer without fixing. That hammering on the playfield could cause the insert problem? Bad bad bad. Otherwise I am really enjoying the game play. Kicked my ass the first 30 games but I am learning it now. Everything set at factory...1.05 code.

image_(resized).jpeg

#16489 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

You're welcome. Did you use my new template?
Edit: looks like you did from the image. Wonder if drilling the left hole closer to rear of piece would allow the entire plastic to then move forward just enough. Mine's not hitting now, at least that I can see ... moves pretty fast up that ramp!

I think I just figured out why mine is hitting and yours isn't. My machine has a different (newer?) version of the captive ball mechanism, that lifts up the right mounting post by about a washer thickness. With the left post at normal height, that leads to a downslope in the plastic towards the ramp. I intend to raise that post with a washer, which should help.

Of course, in the process of debugging this I kept trimming the plastic down. It's significantly narrower now, but does still seem to do the job.

#16490 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Made my own airball plastic. It works great. Might replace it if a nicer looking one is made for sale. I like the 3rd mounting point on mine.
Cranked the magna slings up to 60. Love the way it plays now.

nice to see few of us going for the DIY
and was also thinking of getting the 3rd mounting point there, but not sure its needed (will see in the future if... )

btw, do i'm the only one to also have airballs with the GHOST target ? as seems i'm the only one to also "protect" that target

#16491 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hey even in English we don't know what to call Stern's latest odd insert issues
I bet they look fine lit up and that's what matters more in the end.

lol...
and lets admit we can deal with this UNTIL it's not a sign for future inserts/clearcoat probs...

#16492 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

btw, do i'm the only one to also have airballs with the GHOST target ? as seems i'm the only one to also "protect" that target

Mine originally protected the ghost target but slimer on the LE would hit it when swinging back when being hit by the ball.
also was straight across the front of the ramp but ball hit it so had to grind it down. My final version has be changed from my original try like 6 times.

20160813_163804_(resized).jpg

#16493 3 years ago

I think it's ridiculous that stern doesn't install plastics to stop all these airballs. You just get a brand new LE and you can't play without airballs doing damage to the play field. I mean does stern even play test these how could they not realize that additional plastics are needed. Instead of playing you are having to Frankenstein your own fix for this after paying 8k...

#16494 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I think it's ridiculous that stern doesn't install plastics to stop all these airballs. You just get a brand new LE and you can't play without airballs doing damage to the play field. I mean does stern even play test these how could they not realize that additional plastics are needed. Instead of playing you are having to Frankenstein your own fix for this after paying 8k...

I'll take plastics as a fix any day of the week. You oughta see the bullshit GOT prem/LE owners have to go through.

#16495 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

ltcmdrobvious ... what saw brand and blade if you dont mind sharing? I have a brand new Wen brand (#3920) scroll saw I bought just for making PB plastics and some Olson skip tooth 20 tpi blades but found that the blade was so thin (front to back) that is "wandered" a ton as I cut - made for too much post cut sanding. When I was done cutting a straight edge it looked more like I was drunk while doing it.

I finally gave up and cut them with my jigsaw and a special laminate blade - nice straight cuts and fast too.

Any secrets with the scroll saw?

#16496 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For me, TWDLE is the pin to beat layout and code wise. Lyman says its his best ever and I'd agree.
It's HARD. It's nothing like Xmen imho, Borg got it right with TWD, Wolvie ruined the left side of that play field. I hate Xmen
So if I ever like a pin better than that one, I'll be in pin heaven!

You never tried the Newton ball mod I take it?

#16497 3 years ago

I posted this in the issues thread but I'll post it here also. I Raised my slimer up with 2 shooter rod washers and fixed the wire end that was sticking out the bottom of slimer so he doesn't rub on the black metal captive ball cover.

20160803_183242_(resized).jpg
763889837198c81fee7ee94b5afb97223bef31d0_(resized).jpg
c45c4e9d87a32d6f5584cc526e4aafbaeeb038ca_(resized).jpg
d94ded9fb9badc9148e44b7fe70a6aa869847329_(resized).jpg
20160803_183204_(resized).jpg

12423659e5f03b9ff75f23b583a16c4f7b026aec_(resized).jpg

#16498 3 years ago

What's wrong with the le?

#16499 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

ltcmdrobvious ... what saw brand and blade if you dont mind sharing? I have a brand new Wen brand (#3920) scroll saw I bought just for making PB plastics and some Olson skip tooth 20 tpi blades but found that the blade was so thin (front to back) that is "wandered" a ton as I cut - made for too much post cut sanding. When I was done cutting a straight edge it looked more like I was drunk while doing it.
I finally gave up and cut them with my jigsaw and a special laminate blade - nice straight cuts and fast too.
Any secrets with the scroll saw?

I found going slow keeps the blade from wandering, don't force the cut.

#16500 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What's wrong with the le?

Stuff. Oh, and things.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, NY
There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 360.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside