IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 360.
#16402 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

So I took a real close look at your pics - really nice job on this. I cut a cardboard template tonight. After a few attempts, I got the correct geometry. Cut a piece from lexan and install and voila! it works. Cuts down on airballs a ton.
The ball juuuuust barely touches the back side of it as it climbs the ramp. Not enough to slow it down. Also, note that my Slimer hits his butt on the plastic as he returns to the city .... no change from before because he hit his butt on the black metal even before i added the plastic.
Attached is my template. Print the PDF at full size, NO scale to fit. I've included some measurements in millimeters so you'll know if it printed to scale. Enjoy!
GET TEMPLATE HERE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aPFmNkJCM7emh5b0xTQWxnQ1k/view?usp=sharing

How thick is it?

#16403 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

So I took a real close look at your pics - really nice job on this. I cut a cardboard template tonight. After a few attempts, I got the correct geometry. Cut a piece from lexan and install and voila! it works. Cuts down on airballs

I too would pay for this plastic... I'm in on GB prem and really want to keep air-balls dimples to a min.

Where, & how much $$$ do I send?

Thanks for this.

Kerry

#16404 7 years ago

Does anyone know what the two red inserts at the bottom of the outlines are for? Sometimes they flash and sometimes they are solid and light independent of each other. Nothing seams to happen when I lose a ball in the outlane when they are on.

#16405 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

So I took a real close look at your pics - really nice job on this. I cut a cardboard template tonight. After a few attempts, I got the correct geometry. Cut a piece from lexan and install and voila! it works. Cuts down on airballs a ton.
The ball juuuuust barely touches the back side of it as it climbs the ramp. Not enough to slow it down. Also, note that my Slimer hits his butt on the plastic as he returns to the city .... no change from before because he hit his butt on the black metal even before i added the plastic.
Attached is my template. Print the PDF at full size, NO scale to fit. I've included some measurements in millimeters so you'll know if it printed to scale. Enjoy!
GET TEMPLATE HERE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aPFmNkJCM7emh5b0xTQWxnQ1k/view?usp=sharing

This is why I love pinside.

Thanks guys. This is fantastic. I am going to make one tomorrow.

#16406 7 years ago

Anyone know how the blue skill shot scoring works?

Put about an hour on a friends new Pro and had 80million on a single skill shot . I think maybe it's the cummulative points scored on the modes you've completed on that ladder? Anyone know

Had the super jackpot up to 37million on that game... Can certainly see how scores can go exponential on this game if you do well. Game was stock but the tilt was super generous. I didn't abuse it much . Best game was about 849million. Very satisfying game. Got to staypuft but didn't finish that mode.

Anyone know the scoring on those skill shots?

#16407 7 years ago

i want one of those plastics too! Would be cheaper for all if you made several, then sold them. Buying a larger sheet of lexan to do it would be pricey. Unless they sell smaller sheets at the home improvement stores.

#16408 7 years ago

So is there new code or no? If there is new code, what are the changes?

#16409 7 years ago

All 3 of my little stews that hold the 3 switches in place on the right ramp have either come out or loosened up. I lost one were can I get these? Have you guys had this problem and if so are you putting lock tight in them? Thanks

#16410 7 years ago

I'm interested in purchasing one too.

Quoted from MT45:

The ball juuuuust barely touches the back side of it as it climbs the ramp. Not enough to slow it down.

Perhaps shave off a couple millimeters on the back side?

#16411 7 years ago

I noticed on the LE back glass there's Stern 30 years decal on it. Are people removing this or do you think it is best to leave it for the finicky next owner market?

#16413 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So is there new code or no? If there is new code, what are the changes?

I think it was a joke...

#16414 7 years ago

He makes stuff up. You should read the thread he started 2 months ago. It only lasted a day then the moderator shut it down. Then you will get his humor, if you want to call it that.

#16415 7 years ago

You can also buy this plastic that is used on Stern's Star Trek for $9.95 from PBL. Mounted the way I show in my pic, it completely stopped airballs from the left ramp.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3735

IMG_2449_(resized).JPGIMG_2449_(resized).JPG

#16416 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Put about an hour on a friends new Pro and had 80million on a single skill shot . I think maybe it's the cummulative points scored on the modes you've completed on that ladder? Anyone know

You Most likely hit the lane that awards 10% of your total score, not always available as a choice and maybe randomn seems to show up on ball three the most but not every time.

#16417 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

You Most likely hit the lane that awards 10% of your total score, not always available as a choice and maybe randomn seems to show up on ball three the most but not every time.

I don't think so.. I know I saw that option, but it was certainly on the blue arrow score, not the rollovers. (I believe the rollovers are ended after the arrow scores). Plus, I did see other skill shots score in the 30+million range as the game went on.

I always short plunge, catch, and then shoot the blue arrow skill shot on the right orbit to help progress in the modes.

#16418 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

He makes stuff up. You should read the thread he started 2 months ago. It only lasted a day then the moderator shut it down. Then you will get his humor, if you want to call it that.

You should see me on April Fools day

#16419 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I noticed on the LE back glass there's Stern 30 years decal on it. Are people removing this or do you think it is best to leave it for the finicky next owner market?

I noticed that too. I'll leave mine on.

#16420 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Mine ghosted and fell off. I have contacted Stern for a new glass, but no word as of yet............

#16421 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Mine ghosted and fell off. I have contacted Stern for a new glass, but no word as of yet............

If that's the only ghosting I get, I'll be happy! 3 days and counting...

#16422 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

If that's the only ghosting I get, I'll be happy! 3 days and counting...

I am almost a month in with nothing so far

#16423 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think so.. I know I saw that option, but it was certainly on the blue arrow score, not the rollovers. (I believe the rollovers are ended after the arrow scores). Plus, I did see other skill shots score in the 30+million range as the game went on.
I always short plunge, catch, and then shoot the blue arrow skill shot on the right orbit to help progress in the modes.

Every blue arrow skill shot awards 10% of score and awards either mode start or spinner or ESP depending on which you hit

#16424 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

So I took a real close look at your pics...

well than, nice to see my template did serve, for you, and now surelly few others...

now same as you of course, must not resize the A4 paper (the 4 black corners should match a full page, not more not less), all is on scale as it, and leaving free for the holes to adapt just as you want...

here's the link of the full set again :

http://ti1ca.com/6dy9jag6-plastiques-plastiques.bmp.html

#16425 7 years ago

Watch those $50 shooter rods, apparently they come loose easily without being noticed until this happens :-/

image1_(resized).JPGimage1_(resized).JPG

#16426 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I believe there is also a 10% of total.score skill shot for the blue arrow shot on the third ball.
It's not always available

#16427 7 years ago

My dist is pinballstar, but my tracking# isn't pulling up so maybe I should just wait until a box shows up at the door to see if it's true.

#16428 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Every blue arrow skill shot awards 10% of score and awards either mode start or spinner or ESP depending on which you hit

This sounds right.

#16429 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You can also buy this plastic that is used on Stern's Star Trek for $9.95 from PBL. Mounted the way I show in my pic, it completely stopped airballs from the left ramp.

kpg... Thanks for your posting as well.

Question; it looks like you have attached a small rubber grommet(?) on the right side. Can you tell us what you did there?

#16430 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You should see me on April Fools day

I want even read your stuff on that day!!! Wacky1!

#16431 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Awesome. Thanks for that!

#16432 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well than, nice to see my template did serve, for you, and now surelly few others...
now same as you of course, must not resize the A4 paper (the 4 black corners should match a full page, not more not less), all is on scale as it, and leaving free for the holes to adapt just as you want...
here's the link of the full set again :
http://ti1ca.com/6dy9jag6-plastiques-plastiques.bmp.html

I am going to pick up some Lexan today and give it a go tonight. Thanks for posting the template, it saves us all a lot of fitting work.

#16433 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

kpg... Thanks for your posting as well.
Question; it looks like you have attached a small rubber grommet(?) on the right side. Can you tell us what you did there?

I just stuck on some of those rubber bumper pads to stop the vibration when a ball hit - totally not needed though.

They are similar to these: https://www.amazon.com/Shepherd-Hardware-9967-SurfaceGard-Self-Adhesive/dp/B007ZUENG0/ref=sr_1_5

#16434 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hrmm.. more to it than that.. because the skill shot is worth a few million at the bottom and they are round numbers. Usually.. but if it sticks to 10% after the minimum values.. I have no idea why people would shoot anything else

#16435 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Hrmm.. more to it than that.. because the skill shot is worth a few million at the bottom and they are round numbers. Usually.. but if it sticks to 10% after the minimum values.. I have no idea why people would shoot anything else

yep
when having a great game, you have to shoot 1 of the blue arrow giving 10% of your score and of course not the PKE lanes
in the other way, if having (a nice) bonus hold, the P (+ X5) could be the way to go...
you to think what is the best : as of course picking 1 of the PKE letter is not easy, in the other way the right lane is very easy for sure

#16436 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am going to pick up some Lexan today and give it a go tonight. Thanks for posting the template, it saves us all a lot of fitting work.

doesnt know what "lexan" is, but for what i just see via google its similar than "plexyglass" in french
and yes, thats what i used too
for your information, i bought a 3 mm panel, but for sure 2.5 would be better & enough for what it serve (not sure with 2 mm, may be too much thin, if some try it, give us feedback - tanx)

#16437 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Watch those $50 shooter rods, apparently they come loose easily without being noticed until this happens :-/

That's why you should have bought a custom shooter rod from pinball_customs (aka Brock)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-shooter-rods-from-pbc

#16438 7 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

That's why you should have bought a custom shooter rod from pinball_customs (aka Brock)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-shooter-rods-from-pbc

Yup :-/

#16439 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am almost a month in with nothing so far

Good to hear!

#16440 7 years ago

Loving this game! Just broke a billion again. Everything is still factory settings, no carrot flippers or center posts or anything....Don't feel like those changes are necessary.

#16441 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Putting one of those on this weekend. When ordering from PBL I added a bunch of other crap I probably didn't need to make the order worthwhile.

Man i love this hobby!

#16442 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Loving this game! Just broke a billion again. Everything is still factory settings, no carrot flippers or center posts or anything....Don't feel like those changes are necessary.

Yep, 1.9 billion for me. Not sure it means much though, scoring is unbalanced and not sure what is giving me the scores yet. Still, its a blast and i don't think it matters.

#16443 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Music to my ears.

#16444 7 years ago

Joe at Pingragfix and myself are working on
A target plastic/ramp cover with graphics for preventing air balls.

Prototypes already being made!

#16445 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Very interested. Perhaps with some pink slime this time...since it goes to the Pneumatic Train Station?

#16446 7 years ago

Absolutely! Both colors!

#16447 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You're supposed to be retired. Stop it.

#16448 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Gimmee, gimmee!!!! I am honestly scared to play my game, the airballs are so vicious. I had one hit the ectogoggles thing the other day and I swore it broke it but apparently lucked out.

#16449 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're supposed to be retired. Stop it.

I'm at the beach, on the deck, drink in hand,
Pinbaalls turned on, ready with a fatty, and
Some fresh caught red snapper!

Pretty damn retired!

An open invitation to visit!

#16450 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sneak peek or I make my own....lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/329 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.