IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 360.
#16151 7 years ago

I do recommend a plastic in front of the left ramp,it will solve most of your air balls off the stand ups,there are a lot of shapes that will work just be aware of slimmer

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#16152 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

KPG actually provides a lot of good feedback and insight on this forum about games. Whether it's gameplay, strategy, reviews, troubleshooting, or dealing with defects. Someone took one unrelated thing he said, blew it up and made a big deal about it. KPG, being the good guy he is, took the bait.
Whether it's directly or indirectly, Some people just like to fling the sh*t around and see where it lands and who will counter argue them over and over. As a reader, we can either move on or take the bait ourselves and get sucked in arguing about nonsense. It's the nature of a forum. That all said, I love all things pinball and i am sad to see what's going on with these playfields and stern.

Dial it back, buddy. I was correcting him about Trent and his business. He was being dismissive of Trent, and blowing him off as a small distro. He has done this before, even though others corrected him on it.

I do not "fling the sh*t" around. I stick up for people who are attacked unnecessarily.

#16153 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Dial it back, buddy. I was correcting him about Trent and his business. He was being dismissive of Trent, and blowing him off as a small distro. He has done this before, even though others corrected him on it.
I do not "fling the sh*t" around. I stick up for people who are attacked unnecessarily.

It's all good man. I actually typically prefer doing business with the little guys and small business owners like Trent. I'm one myself, and know how hard it can be wearing many hats and working long hours to make ends meet. That is one of the things I liked about Trent. I'm sure he's got my back.

#16154 7 years ago

Can we get back on topic and discuss things that can improve our play fields and quality of gaming? KPG, has dialing the flippers to soft improved things? I assume you are still getting air balls since you put in place the plastic piece in front of the left ramp.

#16156 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Can we get back on topic and discuss things that can improve our play fields and quality of gaming? KPG, has dialing the flippers to soft improved things? I assume you are still getting air balls since you put in place the plastic piece in front of the left ramp.

The plastic over the left ramp has officially solved the crazy airballs! Only one since, but very small from a different part of the playfield- about the same airballs as my other stern's.

Makes me wonder how it passed play testing like this- seems like such a simple thing to fix that it could have been added in production.

Coils on soft helps with airballs off the flippers when hitting a hard ball, but on my machine I've found the ball will hang up in the poppers longer then when the coils are on normal.

#16157 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Makes me wonder how it passed play testing like this-

you could be talking about TWDLE right there, too.
Problem with main ramp again. you'd think they'd learn. As ghetto as that plastic looks, I'm debating doing something similar if it make the game playable without balls flying over the inlanes and flippers.
Such a near perfect game......

#16158 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just got word my LE ships today!

mine shipped today also. just got the email with tracking from r&l. hope there is no ghosting.

#16159 7 years ago

How are the airballs coming off the ramp on the le? From the two stand up targets or bouncing off the steep ramp in some way?

#16160 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How are the airballs coming off the ramp on the le? From the two stand up targets or bouncing off the steep ramp in some way?

I've had them from the stand up targets, but not the ramp itself. I remember hearing that some people needed to adjust the ramp entrance flap, but mine didn't have that problem.

#16161 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's actually the stand up targets I believe, or maybe even the face of the ramp itself because it's so steep. The ball can be hit so hard towards the ramp it's actually slightly catching air, then hits the face of the massively inclined ramp and shoots up and hits the glass, or flys back over the flippers, or right into the shooter Lane. It's nuts. But the plastic over that area does in fact work great.

#16162 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

KPG actually provides a lot of good feedback and insight on this forum about games. Whether it's gameplay, strategy, reviews, troubleshooting, or dealing with defects. Someone took one unrelated thing he said, blew it up and made a big deal about it. KPG, being the good guy he is, took the bait.
Whether it's directly or indirectly, Some people just like to fling the sh*t around and see where it lands and who will counter argue them over and over. As a reader, we can either move on or take the bait ourselves and get sucked in arguing about nonsense. It's the nature of a forum. That all said, I love all things pinball and i am sad to see what's going on with these playfields and stern.

What makes you think I was going to ignore KPG?? Geez...

I'll be getting a pro this Friday so I'll keep an eye out for ghosting now for sure. I am not going to put a shaker in mine but I'll let you all know how mine turns out after a couple days. I thought about unboxing and removing the glass and letting it sit for a couple days, but lets be honest who is going to do that....

#16163 7 years ago

I've had my LE for about 2 weeks now. I even had a league night over here and it got blasted with play.

Most airbags on mine are coming from a hard hit to the right terror dog target and screaming to the left side of the playfielday, landing on top of the captive balls plastic. Every once in a while a direct hit to the left ramp targets will send an air ball as well. I've only seen one air ball of the Scolari standups. The other biggest problem is the ball hopping over the inlane outlane rails. That should calm down with time. To be honest, from my 50 or so games, I've seen less air balls on this game then I have with some of the other newer sterns. This is, of coarse, my account from my single game. It's fast and there are definitely things on the playfield that could easily launch a ball up in the air. I've only hit the glass once or twice. I am sitting here wondering why thing vary so much between games.

Now the big question, is everyone with an LE getting these phantom switch issues in the service menu? They seem to be the missing switches from the pro to the premium/LE. Mainly the u-turn right ramp switches from the pro. If this has already been addressed I'm sorry I missed it.

Edited to add:

I don't really see much to any ghosting on my playfield. I do see some crazing (looks like little cracks) on the bigger inserts specifically the one up by the pops.

Not a perfect playfield but similar to what you find with CPR or mirco playfields. So I'm used to that.

#16164 7 years ago

I have to add I agree with Jar155 about the switches they used on the game. There's been a few times where the left and right ramps will not trigger a hit because the ball is going so fast.

Instead of using an opto or gate switch, they used sideways mounted vertical up kick switches which is kind of stupid considering how fast the ball can travel. Probably a cost cutting manuever.

Anyone else notice this on their LE?

#16165 7 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

What makes you think I was going to ignore KPG?? Geez...
I'll be getting a pro this Friday so I'll keep an eye out for ghosting now for sure. I am not going to put a shaker in mine but I'll let you all know how mine turns out after a couple days. I thought about unboxing and removing the glass and letting it sit for a couple days, but lets be honest who is going to do that....

I actually had enough patience to do so. Not sure it's going to work but we will see. I received mine last Tuesday and didn't play until Saturday. I'm sure some of that was due to laziness/being busy.

#16166 7 years ago

Jabs,

I've also seen what looks like little scratches/cracks within the clear white inserts. These are the ones that change different colors throughout the game. I was just chalking it up to scratches from playing the game.

#16167 7 years ago

I know the LE at SFGE had foam put under the ramp flaps on the main ramp to cut back on air balls.

#16168 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Jabs,
I've also seen what looks like little scratches/cracks within the clear white inserts. These are the ones that change different colors throughout the game. I was just chalking it up to scratches from playing the game.

Those are just scratches from the belt or drum sander as they first level the inserts. Nothing to worry about but they really are more obvious than they used to be on older machines. Partially because Stern's LED's are so damn bright. My TWD shows this to the point I tell myself "it's a special insert glitter effect"

Otherwise it might bug me.

#16169 7 years ago

Does anyone have ghosting issues without the shaker motor???

#16170 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Does anyone have ghosting issues without the shaker motor???

I agree it might be the shaker, I always turn the shaker off cause I don't like it. Will do the same on my GB LE, will report back on my inserts after a few weeks of play time.

#16171 7 years ago

so, anyone have an idea how to slow down the ball launch? Im worried its going to damage stay puft or my playfield!

#16172 7 years ago

I know quite a bit of people have been asking for an LE gameplay video, so here it is. Not a bad game at all, 600M+ or so- you get to see the center post mod work a few times, the makeshift plastic on the left ramp, and best of all- the mag slings did some cool tricks along the way I haven't seen on other videos.

#16173 7 years ago

Dang that looks cool! The center post action is fun on those long falls, I love how high the ball goes. Awesome magnasling action, too, I'm excited to see those IRL.

#16174 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Those early May games might not be a part of the suspect playfields. We know early Pro's weren't affected.

wrong
my GB pro was from the 1st run...

#16175 7 years ago

Home and safe with my GB Le.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#16176 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

The ultimate pin hauler! Nice ride...

#16177 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

so, anyone have an idea how to slow down the ball launch? Im worried its going to damage stay puft or my playfield!

Replace the orange plunger spring with a green one. Pinball Life has them.

#16178 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

wrong
my GB pro was from the 1st run...

Hence the term, "might".

#16179 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I know quite a bit of people have been asking for an LE gameplay video, so here it is. Not a bad game at all, 600M+ or so- you get to see the center post mod work a few times, the makeshift plastic on the left ramp, and best of all- the mag slings did some cool tricks along the way I haven't seen on other videos.

I noticed it wasn't holding the balls after you locked them for storage facility. Was that a setting you changed? If so, why?

#16180 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

I love this pic. Well done.

#16181 7 years ago

I've read pages upon pages where can we buy the centre post mod again?

#16182 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I noticed it wasn't holding the balls after you locked them for storage facility. Was that a setting you changed? If so, why?

Yeah it does- it locks the ball and then ejects a new ball into the shooter lane

#16183 7 years ago
Quoted from Ausfester:

I've read pages upon pages where can we buy the centre post mod again?

keep looking here, they should be back in stock soon:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=catalog&parent=490&mid=0&search_in=all&search_str=&pg=1

#16184 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Thumbs up! (way up) but how the hell are you gunna get that pin off that Porsche?

Quoted from kpg:

» YouTube video

Mag slings look awesome!

#16185 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

(I hope that was just excellent photoshop shenanigans..)

But..if not why do that to such a nice ride?

My SLK 350 will not be hauling pins.. ever. Rent a truck..

#16186 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Dude..are you crazy? Just rent a truck next time. Why risk damaging the pin?

#16187 7 years ago

Because he looks cool and I think he can afford to fix either one..
I like it. Nice work sir.

#16188 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Awesome and cringe worthy at the same time.

#16190 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Lol, thats awsome, whats on the glass so it doesnt break?

#16191 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Lol, thats awsome, whats on the glass so it doesnt break?

A pinball machine. lol

#16192 7 years ago

Looks like a red blanket. I think he is out of his mind.

#16193 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Plum nuts

#16194 7 years ago

Sounds like a painful condition!

#16195 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

He is out of his mind. I decided to haul mine home in a different, more simple method.

donkey_(resized).jpgdonkey_(resized).jpg

#16196 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

He is out of his mind. I decided to haul mine home in a different, more simple method.

Haulin' ass!

#16197 7 years ago

as seeing the protector at the ramp, i took some houres in the afternoon to "DIY" this one and the 2 others at the outlanes...
1 plexiglass in 3mm (seems 2.5 is a better choice) & 0.5x1 meter at 22€, some sweat & handjob (...)
thats it !

IMGP1753_(resized).JPGIMGP1753_(resized).JPG

IMGP1754_(resized).JPGIMGP1754_(resized).JPG

IMGP1755_(resized).JPGIMGP1755_(resized).JPG

IMGP1756_(resized).JPGIMGP1756_(resized).JPG

IMGP1757_(resized).JPGIMGP1757_(resized).JPG

IMGP1758_(resized).JPGIMGP1758_(resized).JPG

OK, the ones avalaible for sale and cutted by laser are just perfect & more sexy, but this is a first try, next DIY run should be better
includind the one at the ramp, there's more place to cover better the "X2" and also the GHOST target

btw, already asked, but still nobody tried a ECTO1 car in the right captive lane (as BUMBLEBEE on TF) ?

#16198 7 years ago

Seeing these reports on ghosting on the inserts is making me reconsider my pre-order.
I guess my decision is to wait until it's corrected or take a gamble and hope the inserts don't ghost whenever I get mine.

#16199 7 years ago

Any chance of someone making a plastics kit for sale to prevent the airballs ?

#16200 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Any chance of someone making a plastics kit for sale to prevent the airballs ?

Would be nice to see something more integrated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/324 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.